Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    a dissapointing change that is probably too late to counter what was going on.
    So the change it bad, but it was needed, only it was needed some time ago.

I dont even.....

Deleted
    The change makes little difference to me. Most people i play with are spamming for legendaries and items, the ap is just a nice bonus.

This change will mostly effect casual players who rely on Group Finder to have their key boosted. Top players will be less likely to boost low keys now. It's also a bit of a nerf to alts.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    2400 AP for 2-3
    3600 AP for 4-6 (not sure about this one, haven't done this one yet)
    4750 AP for 7-9
    5700 AP for 10

Basically 10 gives you what you got before for getting 3 chests on any difficulty. It's not a bad change for the 7-9 and 10+ category because it's more common that you would be just +1 or +2 on those keys (you can +3 obviously and I have). Where it hurts is low level key farming where geared people just farm 2-3 keys endlessly for an easy 5700 AP (with current AK). It's also a sizable nerf to 4-6 category, although not nearly as much.

Maybe they need to look at the figures a little bit more, personally I think the 7-9 and 10+ category should be buffed even more. To me AP was just a side reward. Getting 3 chests is still super worthwhile and my main reasoning for doing a lot of M+ was the chance for legendary items and TF/WF gear, AP was just a bonus honestly.

The big thing is you will likely see the 2-3 carry community dry up, which depending on your view is good or bad. It's bad for those that can't find groups because it won't be as rewarding for people to carry them anymore. The gold from the extra chests is kinda shit IMO, I'd much rather they put a single augment rune in each of the chests rather than a pitiful 100 gold. Considering how shitty it is to farm augments it would probably be the best change IMO.

They added satchels, gold, augment runes, valor(eventually again) etc to LFR and Heroic dungeons to entice players to queue up for content they would otherwise ignore in order to help out queue times and the overall quality of player in that content. The moment they throw in something that actually entices the more dedicated players it's suddenly a problem?

Remove the gold and put augment runes in if they wan't to do this. At least M+ is somewhat enjoyable content.

Great, now that the hardcore players already exploited the shit of this fuck the casuals let them grind the hard way... they have time to grind AP /s .......Fucking blizzard.

Guess the way to go is to grind world quests, coz spending 95% of your time in flight is fun

Now that the day 1 players with crazy high artifact knowledge have finished sucking this trend dry it's time to kick it to the curb before the casuals starting to enter mythic get any bright ideas of having a fraction of the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Anything that reduces Mythic+ usage to negligible levels is a good thing in my book. I detest timed content.
    Try getting good.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Now that the day 1 players with crazy high artifact knowledge have finished sucking this trend dry it's time to kick it to the curb before the casuals starting to enter mythic get any bright ideas of having a fraction of the AP.
    except artifact knowledge completely counters that, 3 weeks time and a daily heroic gives 4800 AP.

This is a great, necessary change. The intent of the system was always that players should want to push towards the hardest mythic that they could manage. +2 spams were an unintended consequence of how the loot works.

+7-10 needs to give a lot more ...

+2 with 3 chests before the nerf gave 1200 and took ~10 minutes
    +10 now with the nerf gives 1200 takes ~20-30 minutes + much more stress from higher damage spikes and affixes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post

+10 now with the nerf gives 1200 takes ~20-30 minutes + much more stress from higher damage spikes and affixes
    You need to learn how to read bro

Mythic 10+: 1200 base Artifact Power

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    except artifact knowledge completely counters that, 3 weeks time and a daily heroic gives 4800 AP.
    which is how much people were getting for a +2/3 per run for the past week; would have been a fine change if they didn't let it run wild for this long

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post

I got over 1200 from easy world quests....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I got over 1200 from easy world quests....
    Same with you

Mythic 10+: 1200 base Artifact Power
    This would be 4500 for me on my main

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    ^^^

Pay the man

Eh, because of the way people min/maxed artifact pathways to begin with and the hard scaling on costs of traits, the actual power difference of being "behind" is quite small.

For most dps classes, after you get your 3rd gold trait at around 25-27 points, all the remaining points are most likely going into bad traits, like healing surge auto activating when below 25% health. Pretty useless/very niche, stuff like that. So you aren't really increasing your dps or healing or tank survivability. Next big thing is the 5% jump at the paragon level 20 pt trait.

Tl;dr, being 80k behind someone is nearly nothing when the next big jump is ~2mil+ points away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

So is this like, the chests at the end of M+ wont have 2x AP tokens in each chest? (the 400 base tokens) but you'll only get 1x token of the new value?

Reading it it sounds like its an AP buff, but this thread makes it out to be a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Eh, because of the way people min/maxed artifact pathways to begin with and the hard scaling on costs of traits, the actual power difference of being "behind" is quite small.

For most dps classes, after you get your 3rd gold trait at around 25-27 points, all the remaining points are most likely going into bad traits, like healing surge auto activating when below 25% health. Pretty useless/very niche, stuff like that. So you aren't really increasing your dps or healing or tank survivability. Next big thing is the 5% jump at the paragon level 20 pt trait.

Tl;dr, being 80k behind someone is nearly nothing when the next big jump is ~2mil+ points away.
    spoiler alert: the people who spammed mythic+2/3's from day 1 are way more ahead than 80k of your average raider; probably 500k+

Better than nothing I suppose.