Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    A sister? hmmm, ive got 5 already....but sure why not..my bro in law is single...I can hook you up
    Score. Hope he likes binge watching The Office and ordering ridiculous amounts of sushi.
    Cool as a cucumber.

I'm from Baltimore originally, grew up there, trust me you don't need to tell me how poor it is. I could get into how it became poor (left leadership for the past 40 years) but that's a whole other matter.
    Geez Tony, here you go again.

So red states that generally require the most federal money and are strongly Republican. What is their excuse?

There are ways to cut the budget without cutting police. Lets not get off topic though.
    Not when the budget is already cut to the bones. Yes, police may be the last but it is not immune.

Baltimore police shifting officers to rein in overtime costs amid historic year http://fw.to/OJvfUTD

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...408-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I was unaware that physically attacking Police Officers after crashing a Car due to being under the influence of Hard Drugs was "Petty"

Pretty sure all of those things are Felonies.
    Does DIU warrants execution in the United States ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, what can I say. I get irritated by our justice system letting career criminals out of jail to victimize people over and over again. Look at Alton Sterling, dude was convicted of rape, battery, aggravated battery, robbery..etc etc. Why was this guy even OUT of jail? Nothing of value was lost when he died. In fact id argue it was a net gain to society
    Honestly, I completely understand. There are plenty of times, usually when it involves brutal crimes against women and children, that I see red and my desire for punishment goes way beyond an eye for an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Punishment", like the death penalty, is decided by a judge after the fact. Lethal force to protect one's self from a vicious attack is justified.
    Lethal force to protect yourself in some cases is completely justifiable. A blanket statement that assault should result in the death penalty? Not completely justifiable.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No, but attacking Law officers like a Rabid dog is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Let's roll with this hyperbole by asking another question: Is there a case where an officer had the subject detained for a DUI on his knees, put the barrel of his firearm to the back of his head and pulled the trigger? If not, then sorry. Shooting someone who's in the process of beating your ass is a long, long way from "execution". Look up words before you use them.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Lethal force to protect yourself in some cases is completely justifiable. A blanket statement that assault should result in the death penalty? Not completely justifiable.
    Of course not. But keep in mind, shooting someone in self defense is not "the death penalty". That phrase refers specifically to a sentence issued by a judge. Accurately phrased, "A blanket statement that assault should result in death", and you would be correct.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-10-07 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? "No duty to retreat" means she was entitled to defend herself rather than evade the confrontation. It does NOT justify use of deadly force. At all.

Yes. And that standard, as I've already cited, means permanent disfigurement or seriously prolonged inability to use a limb, or brain damage. "Getting beaten up" doesn't meet that standard.

Yet again, this is definitively false. You're using terms incorrectly. http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/serious-bodily-harm/
    Only you Endus

Only you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Sure, but police officers should have non-lethal options in those cases. Pepper spray, tasers, etc. Using their gun shouldn't be their only option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit story being used as propaganda to justify the actions of the trigger happy. No list of injuries. Zero videos. Zero photos. Zero statements from the female officer. Many statements on her behalf from fellow officers who say they went to visit her in the hospital and spoke with her last night. The fact that she was awake and coherent after the altercation makes one question the use of the words "severely beaten" in the headline.

Deadly force was obviously not necessary because no one died. This is not disputable. The one case this makes is for better training of an inept Chicago police department who struggled to subdue a suspect they outnumbered 3 to 1.

The line between when deadly force is necessary. It's always a going to be guess unless someone is clairvoyant. Obviously in hindsight this would have been another case of a police officer crossing that line unnecessarily if she had used her firearm. Again this is not disputable as no one lost their life in this incident.

Assault is not punishable by death in the U.S.A. Move to change the laws if you have a problem with this.

As a side note. There is no question that the suspect in this case will suffer much greater injuries due to being "severely beaten" than this police officer did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. But keep in mind, shooting someone in self defense is not "the death penalty". That phrase refers specifically to a sentence issued by a judge. Accurately phrased, "A blanket statement that assault should result in death", and you would be correct.
    I get that, but there are several people in the thread acting like its a given : someone assaults you, you can(maybe should) kill them.

Well, guys. simple question : are people, on this thread, asking for the execution of people for stuff that is either not criminal or certainly not warranting execution.

For instance, all the rage toward BLM, whose actions are certainly illegal at times, probably criminal in some case, with people routinely threatening to take their guns and solve the matter themselves...

Does blocking traffic or vandalism warrant execution ?

In fact, yep ! According to the super left. Stalin once passed laws that essentially said ''insulting law enforcement results in 5 years of labor camp'' and ''striking them is death''. Such a role model.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-10-07 at 10:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Sure, but police officers should have non-lethal options in those cases. Pepper spray, tasers, etc. Using their gun shouldn't be their only option.
    Yep, this to me gets at the heart of the matter: there are plenty of non-lethal disabling alternatives other than needing the default of "shoot to kill".

And I will repeat it calmly, productively and constructively.

This story, which is in all likehood true and accurate, was told by the police chief, in a row with the mayor over City Hall control over the police force, at an award ceremony. That does not make the story ''false'', but for someone with a cool head, that sounds an hell lot like the police chief giving this as a convenient example....

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I like how we got serious commenters like Endus, then people who just troll like saratasher and daelak
    Wait until Glinger, Bapstar, and ninespine get here, then it gets fun!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, all it takes is the belief that the requirements be met. Not that they actually be met.
    The reasonable belief. You don't get to just say "well, I thought I was about to die". You need to establish that a reasonable person would draw that same conclusion, in the same situation. Your belief isn't what defines the measure, it's whether a reasonable person would believe it; you believing your life is in danger from a threat that patently does not meet that bar, and killing to defend yourself from that threat, that makes you a murderer. Your belief does not matter, if it's not the belief that a reasonable person would match in those same circumstances.

“bodily injury which involves a substantial risk of death, unconsciousness, extreme physical pain, protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty.”

Any of the bolded items can easily occur from getting the shit beat out of you.
    Again, you resort to can, which is not a demonstration of substantial risk, which is the part of the sentence you didn't put in bold.

There's a risk that taking two aspirin for a headache will kill me, but that doesn't mean I can kill my wife for offering me the aspirin; the risk is not "substantial".

The reality is that any objective investigation would summarize it like this: Female police officer attempting to subdue a violent male subject discharges her firearm in self-defense, resulting in the death of the subject. Conclusion: No wrong-doing on the part of the officer.
    If that is the case, then it's a demonstration of how completely the system fails, since your own conclusion ignores the actual laws cited, and the measures required to establish that lethal force is justified.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop having a police force that is too weak to physically take down an unarmed person. Not that fucking hard. Why don't they have takedown teams like they do in prisons and in other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Sadly, at least on these boards, using those items is oftentimes seen as unwarranted too. Looks like her only option was to be beaten savagely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Sadly, at least on these boards, using those items is oftentimes seen as unwarranted too. Looks like her only option was to be beaten savagely.
    They were just trying to beat the white privilege out of her, she should have taken it and liked it.

Really, if I used the same standard that some of you guys did for 'extreme physical danger' to use deadly force when I ran security for clubs, I would've killed like 60-75 people by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Really, if I used the same standard that some of you guys did for 'extreme physical danger' to use deadly force when I ran security for clubs, I would've killed like 60-75 people by now.
    You been severely beaten and hospitalized 60-75 times?