Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Tanks/healers - What would it take to get you to run multiple PuG mythics? (+0)

So, a large portion of the folks screaming for mythics to have their own queue in the dungeon finder seem to forget one little thing: You can only get loot from mythic dungeons once per week. If we currently have...

100 Tanks
    100 Healers
    5000 DPS

... players wanting to run mythic dungeons each day, then it doesn't matter if there's a group finder or not - Unless those tanks/healers re-run the content for no reason whatsoever, 4700 DPS players aren't going to get into a dungeon that day.

Obviously, none of us are really doing that... I mean, why would we? I'll rerun for guildies, but that's about it. As I see it, the two options are.

A) Allow tanks/healers to loot mythic dungeon bosses multiple times.
    This could work. DPS players may not like the idea, but it'd greatly increase their chances of getting a dungeon, so I guess they'll perhaps consider it worthwhile.

B) Call to Arms Satchel AKA Bribe Bag.
    Personally, the bag would have to be VASTLY better than the heroic bag for me to entertain the idea of redoing mythics for no loot. Perhaps for 10k AP, 5k gold, and 10+ runes a pop, it'd prove popular enough to get tanks interested in running multiples, or maybe even get some hybrids playing tanks/healers for that content.

Any other ideas? What would it take for you to re-run mythic dungeons for PuGs?

Lol, i'm a tank and i hate doing mythics all the time - i think i had done 50 mythics 3 weeks into the expansion because guildies needed them...

If mythic dungeon finder was to happen - which i dont think will... The rewards you stated are far to OP.

option 1: too much potential upgrades / Chaos crystals
    Option 2: Really? Lets give tanks 15k! No, the 10k AP alone is enough and far too OP considering it would be matching mythic + high levels.

If you honestly want to consider option 1: have it as something stupid as - Guaranteed loot from last boss, 1x per dungeon, even then i don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Lol, i'm a tank and i hate doing mythics all the time - i think i had done 50 mythics 3 weeks into the expansion because guildies needed them...
    That's why I said PuGs, as all the calls for a dungeon finder system come from those who can't rely on guildies. I did more than 40 mythics on week one alone, because like yourself, guildies need them.

There's no reason to extend that to PuGs though, which is why incentive is needed.

Am a healer.

There is almost nothing that could motivate me to run pugs in legion.

It's not loot for this healer, it's burnout.
    I had to run mythics/heroics for loot to be allowed to raid, I'm done with them now.
    In fact I'm done with WoW outside raid for now.

As a tri-spec tank/healer/dps. I'd say the random heroic bag (800g+runes) will make me think about running multiple mythics.

Deleted
    A considerable bribe bag can always do wonders, it works in the heroic dungeon system for a reason, very effectively even.

Greed is simply a strong thing, that runs deep with most MMO players. If the bag contained a considerable amount of AP tokens, that would make a mythic on par with mythic +2 chest runs, you will for sure get plenty of tanks and healers.
    This might create an uproar of DPS'ers who feel like they get rewarded less for the same work. Then again, some might blame them thats the price they have to pay to play damage dealer specs. Supply and demand.

Option 1 wont work to the same effect, simply because the well-geared tanks and healers would stay away, and it is those you want to help you.

On another note, i really hope they one day will make it possible for tank and healer to get call-to-arms as a group.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-10-09 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    As a tri-spec tank/healer/dps. I'd say the random heroic bag (800g+runes) will make me think about running multiple mythics.
    The current heroic bag - even if heroics can be done fast - doesnt pull me the slightest, id rather wait until my m+ group is ready to start once a few days than having the pain of doing something for a small AP bonus

Roughly 3-5 times the rewards for running heroic dungeons would get me to do it.

Nothing, nothing they could possibly give me would make me pug mythics...much less mythic+.

I am a healer and will ONLY run with a guild group...PERIOD.

They could give me all sorts of free crap/gold/gear/more AP.....none of it would make me join harder content with random people...ever.

Have you people actually seen how bad people are at this game in general when the content requires you to actually do something other than stand still and mash a few dps buttons....nothing would make me queue into mythics. Not saying I am the best player in the game..not by a mile, but I DO know how to play my class and avoid shit on the ground, while following intended mechanics.

So, when people start getting better at this game, tanks pulling correctly, using mitigation, interuptting...and when dps starts using cooldowns...interrupting casts..MOVING OUT OF AOE...I MIGHT think about pugging mythics...since that has not happening in almost 10 years of WoW by the majority of players, I likely will never queue mythics...no 'bribe bag' will ever change that...nothing in this game is worth the bullshit associated with random groups.

Deleted
    I'm a healer and I pug all my content from mythic+6 to hc EM and I find it enjoyable. Only reason I don't do the mythic (+0) is that I don't have chanse on the legendarys in them more than once. Change that and I'll que them all the time cuz they eez

A bonus roll token usable for the current dungeon, regardless of loot lock. Would help nabbing that one specific piece of BiS gear or getting a chance to roll higher on one.

I dont mind pugging, my only gripe is when i get that insanely horrible player, that believes he has an opinion because the game has been made "I pay 13e, i do what i want".

Its the main reason i dont PuG anymore, 90% of WoW population cant play the game and there is no possible way to make them realize that, no matter whether you are the kindest person or the biggest asshole, the response is always negative and no, i an not being elitist, the 850 DPS doing 140K simply is bad, or the healer that doesnt do anything cause he is afk on facebook.

So only pug when daily heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    I'm a healer and I pug all my content from mythic+6 to hc EM and I find it enjoyable. Only reason I don't do the mythic (+0) is that I don't have chanse on the legendarys in them more than once. Change that and I'll que them all the time cuz they eez
    You are part of a very little minority tho.... I'm also a healer and I do it at max for guildies and try to dodge even that as the reward isn't on pair with the effort compared to normal/heroic raiding. So I dunno.. pugging mythics... nah.. I'll pass.

The only thing that will fix it is making people that don't want to heal and tank want to tank or heal sadly. Eventually you just get board man. In your example those 200 people basically have to run enough dungeons to satisfy 1000 people and that is a bit passed a hair on the side of ridiculous. People burn out and get tried of it. Then to top it off typically whenever anything goes wrong those are the people that catch all the shit in the group which furthers the burn out. It is a good example of the community just flat refusing to fix itself. In this expansion for sure. You have personal loot and you can switch which spec gets the loot so off spec a tank or healer in 5 mans can gear your DPS just the same. Tanks and healers can do damage now, tanks in particular, can do WQ and just about anything in this game better than any other role which used to be dominated by DPS in the past and to top it off almost every healer spec in the game has gear that side by sides with a DPS role of their same class. After that you can just befriend a tank or healer and use their que. An amazing concept I know but my friends know that I will run one or two here or there and I will certainly ask people in my guild before I hunt for a group. I have no problem with them asking me as long as they are ok with me saying no from time to time as well. But end of the day things are just getting dry on the two roles and yes.. its going to get worse unless more people make the choice to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    The current heroic bag - even if heroics can be done fast - doesnt pull me the slightest, id rather wait until my m+ group is ready to start once a few days than having the pain of doing something for a small AP bonus
    You get 800g and 3-5 augment runes at 500g a pop and all that sweet AP for a 15 minute run. Seems worth it to me
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post

If mythic dungeon finder was to happen - which i dont think will... The rewards you stated are far to OP.

option 1: too much potential upgrades / Chaos crystals
    Option 2: Really? Lets give tanks 15k! No, the 10k AP alone is enough and far too OP considering it would be matching mythic + high levels.

If you honestly want to consider option 1: have it as something stupid as - Guaranteed loot from last boss, 1x per dungeon, even then i don't like it.
    Not real sure you understand the idea of incentive for people to do stuff they don't want to do.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    The current baggie is not doing it for me. I would like some system where queuing as tank/healer loads would let me jump the queue next time I want to DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Not real sure you understand the idea of incentive for people to do stuff they don't want to do.
    I just think its funny and stupid at the same time that people want more ez gold for tanks.
    My post about "i've done 50x mythics" was just to imply that i would love for a dungeon finder for mythics to come out - I don't want to have to run content 3x more times than required for nothing.

It's not hard to tank mythics and doing stuff like offering a 15k bag (5k gold/10 runes) is silly, you'll get random dps putting on a shield and `tanking` as you currently get for HC bags.

If dungeon que was to come out for mythics then yes tanks/healers would need some sort of reward for doing them if they're locked and such - But we don't need more gold coming in lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    You get 800g and 3-5 augment runes at 500g a pop and all that sweet AP for a 15 minute run. Seems worth it to me
    Gold is nothing I play for, have enough of it to purchase tokens for a while and if required pay others to farm for my raid pots, flask and food.