Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I want Garrosh back...

Such a character turning against the player was a huge mistake.

He should led us against the Burning Legion, the mighty Kor'krons should have gone full war against the Burning Legion, nuking the Legion bases till there is nothing left. That would be awesome.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    I want Garrosh back...

Such a character turning against the player was a huge mistake.

He should led us against the Burning Legion, the mighty Kor'krons should have gone full war against the Burning Legion, nuking the Legion bases till there is nothing left. That would be awesome.
    Please, you know Garrosh would try the fel juice at some point, just like his dad did. Oh sure, it would be "necessary" and "impossible" to win otherwise, but he'd do it anyway.

As for the rest of the thread... man, hearing about Kael'thas was old back in TBC, but people still repeat the same old tired thing. Was the Shatrah scene removed at some point? Does he no longer announce that he didn't die in Tempest Keep? Or is it all conveniently ignored because herpderp "back from the dead, merely a setback".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Please, you know Garrosh would try the fel juice at some point, just like his dad did. Oh sure, it would be "necessary" and "impossible" to win otherwise, but he'd do it anyway.
    I doubt it. He had the chance drink demon blood with his father in Warlords of Draenor, instead he convinced his father not to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    the mighty Kor'krons should have gone full war against the Burning Legion, nuking the Legion bases till there is nothing left. That would be awesome.
    The same Kor'kron that couldn't even handle Alliance and Horde in their very fortress, filled with all kind of weapons and Old God crap? Sure thing.

OT: Never say never. After what Blizzard has done with Illidan, I wouldn't be surprised of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The same Kor'kron that couldn't even handle Alliance and Horde in their very fortress, filled with all kind of weapons and Old God crap? Sure thing.

OT: Never say never. After what Blizzard has done with Illidan, I wouldn't be surprised of anything.
    To be fair becoming evil gives you -90% penalty to all stats.

OT: I think because they have a tiny bit of respect remaining to him. Bringing arthas back would make a massive (and arguably one of the most important) part of their lore feel pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Well Ragnaros came back after we defeated him in MC. Kael did come back the same expansion after we defeated him in TK. VanCleef - not so much, apart from his daughter.
    Well we did know that Ragnaros was not dead when we killed him in MC, same with Kael (As soon as you kill him you get a quest that tells you that he is still alive)

Deleted
    Because his story is over, he played his part. His story concluded in a good manner and I hope Blizzard won't tarnish this character like they did with so many others by bringing them back.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    It's weird. Arthas is the one lore figure that blizzard has refused to resurrect or bring back. Was Arthas' death different from other lore figures?
    because blizzard in wotlk separated the fate of the LK as an entity to the one who hold the title, right now bolvar is holding it but i'm willing to take a bet that he wouldn't be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair becoming evil gives you -90% penalty to all stats.
    Well, add to that the ress sickness if Garrosh would come back.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

It might not be that they are "refusing" to bring him back, but just like bringing back Illidan in MoP wouldn't have made much sense for that story, they may just be saving Arthas' return for a future expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Keal'thas is back?
    Vanceef is back?
    Ragnaros is back?
    Etc. There are many things we kill which don't come back.
    Well two out of three did come back, we just beat them again lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    It might not be that they are "refusing" to bring him back, but just like bringing back Illidan in MoP wouldn't have made much sense for that story, they may just be saving Arthas' return for a future expansion.
    Well is there a way to bring him back? And if he is brought back what is he going to do? He doesn't have the helm...he doesn't have frostmourne? What would Arthas do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well is there a way to bring him back? And if he is brought back what is he going to do? He doesn't have the helm...he doesn't have frostmourne? What would Arthas do?
    Crash on Jaina's couch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well, he can be resurrected an infinite number of times as an undead, just like Darion.
    About what he would do, I guess if Blizz really want him back they could either:
    - reveal he had a "backup plan" all along and Kel'thuzad will set it in motion
    - reveal Bolvar DID actually surrender to Arthas when he was tortured and he's been putting an act all along, and he will resurrect him in due time.

Honestly I'd rather Arthas stay dead and not be ruined like many others, but we're talking about Blizz here, the guys who made a 180° turn on Illidan from crazied tyrant villain into the chosen one who had been right all long. Everything can happen.

Deleted
    I'm kinda tired of us fighting a lot of the same bosses to be honest.

Rag was defeated but then he wasn't.

Archimonde was defeated, then he wasn't.

Illidan was defeated then he wasn't.

The Warlords were all gone but then we went to an alternate universe and then they weren't

Garrosh was defeated and then he wasn't

I'll let AU Gul'Dan slide because we don't fight him in WoD

Onyxia was defeated but then she was raised as an undead

Nefarian was defeated and then he wasn't

10+ Year Old Account
    If Arthas comes back it's 100% certain he'll get some contrived redemption story. I'm not sure how many would really want that, seeing what is occurring with Illidan right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Highly, highly unlikely that Arthas would be brought back for a redemption story.

Chris Metzen was asked a question during a previous year's BlizzCon about bringing back characters from the dead.

Funny enough, I think the question was about Illidan.

He said he is a sucker for a good redemption story and they speak about Arthas in which he responds, "...But Arthas, oh no you gotta burn brother."

Which I agree. Although Metzen has not worked on WoW for quite some time he gets the point about Arthas. Arthas as the Lich Kind served the capacity well of big, bad evil tyrannical force lording over an army of undead threatening to take over the world.

He threated us, we attempted to stop him, and we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm kinda tired of us fighting a lot of the same bosses to be honest.

Rag was defeated but then he wasn't.

Archimonde was defeated, then he wasn't.

Illidan was defeated then he wasn't.

The Warlords were all gone but then we went to an alternate universe and then they weren't

Garrosh was defeated and then he wasn't

I'll let AU Gul'Dan slide because we don't fight him in WoD

Onyxia was defeated but then she was raised as an undead

Nefarian was defeated and then he wasn't
    Ragnaros retreated, we saw that in MC

Archimonde we have known about Demons needing to be killed in the Nether since BC

Illidan was defeated, there was no wasn't.

Alternate universe means they are different people with same names

Garrosh was never killed, just knocked out and captured. Shown in game.

Blackwing raised Onyxia

Deathwing brought back Blackwing from the death. (That's his reasons for going to Stormwind as seen in the sign in screen during Cataclysm.)

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    It's weird. Arthas is the one lore figure that blizzard has refused to resurrect or bring back. Was Arthas' death different from other lore figures?
    He was already fully milked with an entire expansion dedicated to him and fully concluded story line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ragnaros retreated, we saw that in MC

Archimonde we have known about Demons needing to be killed in the Nether since BC

Illidan was defeated, there was no wasn't.

Alternate universe means they are different people with same names

Garrosh was never killed, just knocked out and captured. Shown in game.

Blackwing raised Onyxia

Deathwing brought back Blackwing from the death. (That's his reasons for going to Stormwind as seen in the sign in screen during Cataclysm.)
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

You're saying all of that like I don't know it.

I know WHY we fight the same shit.

But that isn't my point, my point is that it's fucking boring.

I'll bet you 10 bucks that we're going to fight the new Lich King at some point.

Instead of spending so much time on a stupid Illidan redemption story, or another fight with fucking Archimonde because demons never die or whatever, why not make something fresh?

Instead of another Ragnaros fight why not just go, he's fucking dead mate, next character, let's focus on making that one interesting instead of circlejerking the same people over and over.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-10-09 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Kael did come back the same expansion after we defeated him in TK.
    Kael never left. When you hand in his quest after beating him in TK he yells to the zone about Kil'jaeden coming to Azeroth. There was never a moment in the lore(or in game) where he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    When we defeated Kael in TK and took one of his orbs to A'dal, Kael announces to everyone in Shat that he survived the encounter. Amazing how after 10 years people still don't know this.
    These are the same people who call Sunwell a "filler raid" and claim it was only made because WotLK wasn't ready in spite of the fact that Kael'thas (basically) announced Kil'jaeden was going to be the final boss of the expansion six months before the Black Temple and two years before the Sunwell.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2016-10-10 at 12:41 AM.