Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Those people who are chaning ''git a guild!'' have no idea how hard it is to do that and then anchor yourself as a viable member of it.
    I've seen several guildies pug xrealm as dps successfully at +4,5,6,7...

So I'm not sure where you're coming from with "You can only do +2/3 as dps except in guild"

If you see no easy path to becoming a viable and valued member of your guild, you're in the wrong guild. If you select guilds based on performance, then choose one where you will be among the top. If you choose guilds for personality, then find one where yours "fits in" properly enough that people want to run stuff with you.

If every guild has this problem with you, then the problem isn't them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why peeple want to get boosted. What do people do in this game if not the content?

Seems rather silly to me personally, but each to his own I suppose.

As long as it's for gold I don't mind. Real money is another story. Sure coins exsist but at least the purchase and selling of those benefit just about everyone else. Gametime and coin in the economy all benefit me.

The better question is why are heroic and mythic clearable after 3 weeks?

If a person tells you to add them on skype or go to a website for the boost, then it's probably worth putting them on ignore. Shady stuff(especially the website one, you have no idea what kind of shit they are trying to inject your PC with).

Some people like to make gold and buy raid carrys.
    Some people like to do raid carrys and make gold.

I dont see the problem.

Its getting kind of ridiculous honestly.

I joined a guild the week EN launched. It was some guys guild who I met in an EN PUG. He was just starting up, seemed like a nice guy and good leader. After I joined the guild I started learning some things about him and what was going on. He had a twitch stream he was constantly linking in trade and to everyone so I went and checked it out. He had bots in his chat spamming that he was selling regular mythic dungeon carries. After spending a few hours on Teamspeak all he talked about was wanting to get into carry selling right away. Basically I figured out that the only reason this guy is playing the game is to sale carries. Sometimes for IRL cash. And basically he was trying to form a guild of lackeys. Of course I left, and lo and behold the next week I saw him and everyone he had recruited so far spamming trade trying to sell Normal EN clears.

I'm not sure what Blizzard can do about this and I doubt they care. But this really is getting out of hand.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a terrible practice that reflects very poorly on both parties involved.

Selling access to the so-called elite/exclusive elements of the game, is contrary to the "spirit" of a healthy game community, in my opinion. And paying to access that content, rather than making a proper effort, is just pathetic and demeaning and the players who do it should feel bad. It completely devalues the reward and any sense of achievement.

Having said that, it doesn't bother me directly. Especially since I haven't been in /Trade channel on any of my characters for more than six years now.

Unless Blizzard updates their ToS to reflect against selling runs for in-game currency and begins to actively enforce players who participate in it, it won't stop. It would require a fundamental shift in the way the game operates to put a stop to it. And even then, boosting would occur the same way real life money boosts occur currently: outside of communication able to be tracked by Blizzard.

You can be against the morality of boosting but it's an unfortunate byproduct of the absolutely absurd amounts of gold which inundated the economy due to Garrisons.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are also people making mythic+ groups, asking for a boosting group to help them. There is demand, so good on them for providing supply.

I wish Blizzard would ban it from the group finder. When I was looking for a Heroic EN pug earlier more than 1/2 of the posts were people selling carries or recruiting for their guild.

So annoying.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

blame shitters who buy these boosts.

no demand = no supply of boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    blame shitters who buy these boosts.

no demand = no supply of boosts.
    In this case the supply came before the demand so the blame should be shifted. People only ask for carries because they know that its such a common thing. Before I saw people actually making groups or asking for carries, I saw groups of 4 people asking to carry +2 keystones. What the carry sellers are doing is making it so that people dont have a choice.

Player A wants to do Raid X but cant find a guild for whatever reason (schedule/etc) Player B also wants to do raid X and also cant find a guild. Player B wants to actually do the raid legitimately. (You know, by playing the game) but Player A sees Mr. Carry seller in chat and decides to buy one. So instead of joining Player B's group he buys a carry and no longer needs to do the raid. So Player B is now shit out of luck because people would normally join his group have bought a carry and thus been removed from the pool of players to group up with. Now the only choice Player B has is to also buy a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by demapples22 View Post
    In this case the supply came before the demand so the blame should be shifted. People only ask for carries because they know that its such a common thing. Before I saw people actually making groups or asking for carries, I saw groups of 4 people asking to carry +2 keystones. What the carry sellers are doing is making it so that people dont have a choice.
    Nope, said service exists, cuz there's a demand for it. It's been there since the very beginning of MMOs w/ some kind of end-game content. There were always people who only cared about getting rewards, it didn't matter how said rewards were acquired. So they hired people who were good at clearing game's content to "carry" them.

It's quite logical, cuz that's what people do IRL all the time, if you have no knowledge/desire to repair your car, you drive it to your local dealership, service centre, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    It is a literal pay to win situation, buy tokens with real money for in game gold use gold to buy run/gear/rewards from the top tier of the game ...

'
    pay to win implies that you actually win something
    if gear in and of itself is winning to you you're playing the wrong game, gear is a means to an end not the end itself

Who fucking cares. Do some of you people just sit around TRYING to find something to bitch about!? Because that is exactly what 90% of these complaint posts seem to be.

If you want to buy one, buy one, if you don't click the little ignore button. I really don't see what the problem is on this, or really ANY of the complaints we have been seeing lately...it's a fucking video game, either play it or don't. Stop expecting everything in said video game to be exactly how you think it should be or exactly how your time allows you to play.

You people also seem to think that this whole "pay to win" thing is new..it is not. There have been gold sellers almost as long as there as been MMOs. Blizzard just sells game time for gold now instead of the hacker/'illegal' sellers. I have never bought gold, even from Blizzard, but people have been for a LONG time...so this entire 'pay to win' arguement is void. If people want something, they will recieve it by any means, including botting, buying gold, getting carried, or whatever.....but you know what, in the end, it makes ZERO difference in your game play.
    Last edited by 4dahorde; 2016-10-10 at 12:25 AM.

What're the going rates for these things anyways? I'd maybe pay for a carry through some mythic+'s and Normal and Heroic EN if they weren't insane, just to make myself feel able to pug normal without feeling shy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    What're the going rates for these things anyways?
    In gold, or US dollars? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    It is a literal pay to win situation, buy tokens with real money for in game gold use gold to buy run/gear/rewards from the top tier of the game ...

But if blizzard sold any of those same rewards, or even lower quality of rewards people would have a shit fit; I guess as long as they make their gold or even real money and not blizzard it's ok; if the company does it, they are epitome of greed and have ruined the game. Double standards.

Ofc you have people saying it's ok when they are making their profit, not so much if their hands weren't dirty. It is anti community/cooperation, it doesn't look good to most players to see lfg/chat filled with sells, it doesn't improve or support teamwork or improvement. It is purely a business transaction that gives top tier gear/items to people who put in no effort or care into the game. But sure, it's fine if you are making the profit or are buying your way through ... they are 'entitled'
    what exactly do you win by buying a boost? an achievement nobody cares about? gear that you will never put to proper use? 2 hours of being dead and watching other people play? im really wondering, what do you win here?

Breaking News: MMO players use ingame currency in order to get ahead in the game

Later Tonight:Is OP 20 years behind in making a thread topic? Mid 90s mmos may shock you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.