Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Design the expansion for flight to avoid delaying flight. Delays flight behind a giant wall of achievements.

Logic!!!!
    The point is so when Blizzard is ready to release flight, there will not be a delay due to glitches and bugs. If you want to keep trying to argue in an asinine way I can't stop you, but you're better than this and typically have better thought out responses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    No, it doesn't.

Flight subverts their design, which is the reason they are omitting it.

In regards to Blizzard as a developer, let's say they are baking a cake. Flight is the pet dog that eats it before anyone else gets a chance to enjoy it. Blizzard wants everyone to enjoy the cake they've baked, but they also see people enjoying having the dog around. The dog is only a nuisance to the baker, not the guests. In fact, some guests have come to bond with the dog and willingly give up some of their cake to gain its attention.

In terms of content pacing, Blizzard can design the cake however they want. They can make a chocolate cake, a pineapple upside down cake, or a dozen cupcakes. They have full control over the ingredients, the recipe and the overall presentation. The longer Blizzard can keep the dog out of the bakery, the longer the cakes can be enjoyed by the guests.

In TBC-Cata, Blizzard was baking more cakes than the dog could eat. In WoD, Blizzard figured they could be more efficient making fewer cakes by keeping the dog out of the bakery. Business is smoother for Blizzard (people are buying/eating the same amount, but Blizzard is making fewer cakes), but some guests miss having the dog around. For some people, the one thing that made this bakery unique is no longer there.

As a second point, I want to say that I never claimed that flight extends content. Flight doesn't add any content; rather it is a feature that adds value to the game. Jumping in WoW isn't content either, but it adds value in having it; and I wouldn't see WoW the same way without jumping. You don't need to jump in 95% of the content, but its removal would be sorely missed.
    So your analogy comes down to Blizzard making something for their players that flight ruins by not letting the players consume it, but screw it right, since that dog's so cute? The dog (flight) is also ruining the consumption and of the guest (player) in your analogy. Some more planning should be in order.

No, it doesn't.

Flight subverts their design, which is the reason they are omitting it.

In regards to Blizzard as a developer, let's say they are baking a cake. Flight is the pet dog that eats it before anyone else gets a chance to enjoy it. Blizzard wants everyone to enjoy the cake they've baked, but they also see people enjoying having the dog around. The dog is only a nuisance to the baker, not the guests. In fact, some guests have come to bond with the dog and willingly give up some of their cake to gain its attention.

In terms of content pacing, Blizzard can design the cake however they want. They can make a chocolate cake, a pineapple upside down cake, or a dozen cupcakes. They have full control over the ingredients, the recipe and the overall presentation. The longer Blizzard can keep the dog out of the bakery, the longer the cakes can be enjoyed by the guests.

In TBC-Cata, Blizzard was baking more cakes than the dog could eat. In WoD, Blizzard figured they could be more efficient making fewer cakes by keeping the dog out of the bakery. Business is smoother for Blizzard (people are buying/eating the same amount, but Blizzard is making fewer cakes), but some guests miss having the dog around. For some people, the one thing that made this bakery unique is no longer there.
    Yep, that's far and away the worst and most strained analogy I've ever seen on these forums. So I'll just say that I applaud the baker that decides to focus on producing baked goods and gets rid of the animal that was spoiling the food experience for diners whilst being a potential hygiene and food safety issue. Maybe people who want to play with dogs should visit a pet shop or petting zoo?

As a second point, I want to say that I never claimed that flight extends content. Flight doesn't add any content; rather it is a feature that adds value to the game. Jumping in WoW isn't content either, but it adds value in having it; and I wouldn't see WoW the same way without jumping. You don't need to jump in 95% of the content, but its removal would be sorely missed.
    Um,
    No flight is a tactic employed by Blizzard to extend the content they already have in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    My goal is not to tell them HOW to have fun, but simply TO have fun. Blizz is not bringing flight until at least 7.2, which means all of those who never subbed or purchased can be done whining for 120 days.
    Explain to me what fun is for all the people here who have been telling you their definition of fun is to be able to fly around? Your answer so far is everything else except flying. Again, you're not addressing the issue, but avoiding it completely.

All those who are subbed who want flight are doing what the rest of us are already doing... playing the game and not letting some travel mechanic dictate our game.
    Why should anyone give a damn about what anyone else is doing? If I told you I personally hate PVP, and you kept telling me over and over how much fun PVP is and how many people enjoy PVP, does that compel me to start PVPing? No, it just makes you sound annoying. FIrstly because you're not regarding my opinion and feel it needs to be contested, and secondly because you think my mind can be changed because of what other people are doing. You can't possibly tell me to have fun without regarding what my definition of fun actually is. Your intentions may be honest and good, but your lack of empathy makes them empty and insulting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yep, that's far and away the worst and most strained analogy I've ever seen on these forums. So I'll just say that I applaud the baker that decides to focus on producing baked goods and gets rid of the animal that was spoiling the food experience for diners whilst being a potential hygiene and food safety issue. Maybe people who want to play with dogs should visit a pet shop or petting zoo?
    Maybe you shouldn't be discussing in the thread about the dog?

Um,
    Let me rephrase:

No flight is a tactic employed by Blizzard to extend the duration of the content they already have in the game.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-13 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Maybe you shouldn't be discussing in the thread about the dog?
    As a customer who is preferring the bakery without a dog running around I think I have a place in the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As a customer who is preferring the bakery without a dog running around I think I have a place in the discussion.
    Well, we already know the Bakery is letting the dog back in at a future date.

A customer preferring the bakery without dogs is welcomed to any of the dogless bakeries around town, even one located across the street. This is a franchise, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So your analogy comes down to Blizzard making something for their players that flight ruins by not letting the players consume it, but screw it right, since that dog's so cute? The dog (flight) is also ruining the consumption and of the guest (player) in your analogy. Some more planning should be in order.
    The bakery dictates supply and demand, and the dog's appetite is never enough to disrupt guest orders. And yes, some guests will have issues with the dog consuming the cakes, just as there are players who have issues with flight causing issues with content.

The dog doesn't make everyone happy, but for those who are happy the dog is around, it will be missed if taken away.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-13 at 01:49 AM.

Welp, my token time expired last night. I'm out.

Flying would have made leveling alts and doing WQs enjoyable. Even when it is made available... I think I may be done for good. The feeling of "keeping up" has been killed and I just don't see much point in it.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I think you've catastrophically misunderstood what I said. Implementing flying in Legion isn't a question of development time, it's a question of release dates (or whether it happens at all). Actually allowing flying is as simple as flicking a switch. The question on Blizzard's mind is simply "at what point would flying be good for the game"?

Obviously, you'd say "right now". Blizzard would disagree. As for specifics, they do not yet know when they want to implement it, and thus it would be absolutely crazy to try and push a specific flying launch date in spite of that. They don't gain anything from forcing that commitment, and it only makes a difference to players if they're in the very specific situation of "I'll only continue playing if I know I'll get flying within X months". For most players who care a lot about flying, they'll be playing based on the current state of it instead, and announcing a date far in advance doesn't necessarily help those people.
    No, no, no no.

Flying isn't a flip of the switch. Have you bothered reading any of these posts in this thread outlining how long it took to put flying in WoD and how they needed to spend entire betas to test flying (BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP) previously?

I have beta tested Blizzard's WoW expansions since Cata and I can safely say nothing, nothing is a "flip of the switch". Nada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by datsuag View Post
    Man, I hate not being able to fly.. Wish they'd stop disabling it all the time, I don't understand why we can't just fly wherever we want to?
    This is their second attempt at a hail marry by restricting flying so much. The problem is at some point going to the well one too many times will prove to have diminish returns. This is why a feature like flying can't be tossed aside so easily. They are struggling to replace it with a gimmick like flight whistle. They can do all the tweaking they want but it will never replace flying. And if they do so much tweaking to try to minimize flying what will happen is they will make WoW no longer WoW and the game becomes unrecognizable.

A customer preferring the bakery without dogs is welcomed to any of the other dogless bakery locations around town. This is a franchise, after all.
    That's fine, by that time I should have finished my main meal and will happily let the dog consume what few crumbs remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Flying would have made leveling alts and doing WQs enjoyable. Even when it is made available... I think I may be done for good. The feeling of "keeping up" has been killed and I just don't see much point in it.

Peace!
    I think the final blow will be when the requirements of part 2 may require more reps and maybe even more raids. I do not see this ending well at all.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-10-13 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I think the final blow will be when the requirements of part 2 may require more reps and maybe even more raids. I do not see this ending well at all.
    The final blow to what? The game? The game is just going to end because there's a part 2 to pathfinder which everyone has known about since forever? Do you ever just read the shit you type and hear how ridiculous it sounds?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Peace!
    Why would you ever get to fly to level alts? The only expansion that was a thing on release was Cata.. a poorly received expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nice strawman.

When you design a zone and quests in it you have to watch for one specific metric (among others): time to completion. You know to get the pacing just about right (i.e. as needed). So a mountain might be put there for aesthetic or lore reasons but quest giver and quest objective might end up on the opposite sides of it because it takes exactly the time they need it to take to travel between the two.

That's no conspiracy, that's Zone design 101.
    Blizzard argued with the removal of quest hubs they could do more with zone design. But zone design has been really poor in WoD and Legion as they copy and pasta GW system but managed to make it worse and it is not even an improvement from Guild wars.

If they are going to gate flying to make zones better one would think they would follow through with that directive...I guess not lol.

A customer preferring the bakery without dogs is welcomed to any of the dogless bakeries around town, even one located across the street. This is a franchise, after all.

The bakery dictates supply and demand, and the dog's appetite is never enough to disrupt guest orders. And yes, some guests will have issues with the dog consuming the cakes, just as there are players who have issues with flight causing issues with content.

The dog doesn't make everyone happy, but for those who are happy the dog is around, it will be missed if taken away.
    Just as there are those who are happy the dog is gone completely and those who just don't care. There is no absolute way to make everyone happy, but those who liked the dog but don't care either way it's gone other than a small "aww, schucks " attitude are still happy and satisfied with eating the cake. Also, to further your analogy, the dog (flight) contributed nothing to the bakery that was required to make the bakery successful or enjoyable, even though it was an enjoyable fixture for some. The bakery is still there, producing cake at the same quality it has, minus a few flavor misses thru the years, and still being enjoyed by those partaking in the bakery's product.

7+ Year Old Account
    Explain to me what fun is for all the people here who have been telling you their definition of fun is to be able to fly around? Your answer so far is everything else except flying. Again, you're not addressing the issue, but avoiding it completely.

Why should anyone give a damn about what anyone else is doing? If I told you I personally hate PVP, and you kept telling me over and over how much fun PVP is and how many people enjoy PVP, does that compel me to start PVPing? No, it just makes you sound annoying. FIrstly because you're not regarding my opinion and feel it needs to be contested, and secondly because you think my mind can be changed because of what other people are doing. You can't possibly tell me to have fun without regarding what my definition of fun actually is. Your intentions may be honest and good, but your lack of empathy makes them empty and insulting.
    Let's address things individually, honestly, and without the insult you feel I am bringing to the conversation. You asked:
    what fun is for all the people here who have been telling you their definition of fun is to be able to fly around?
    Apparently flying is their only source of fun. If your statement is true, and they care about nothing else, then a game built on PvE, PvP, and RP is rendered moot by the need to mount a dragon and fly around. The issue is exacerbated by the fact that they only want to fly in NEW content, and not the 89% of Azeroth, 100% of Outlands, and 100% of Draenor which already has flight. Blizz is not adding flight until at least 7.2. When they do add it, it will be because it is a part of their design plan, and not because they are caving to 0.00025% of the playerbase who want flight.

Next you asked:
    Why should anyone give a damn about what anyone else is doing?
    The irony is, why should 7M+ players who are enjoying Legion give a damn about a few thousand players who want flight? Most of the threads are about things that truly matter like Legendaries, Mythic raiding, instances coming to 7.1/7.2, rep grinds, etc. None of those threads have players demanding flight saying "Flying would make getting Legendaries easier" or "Flying would help improve how many world quests I have to grind for rep". While flight might get players to their objective faster, it ultimately does not affect the time it takes to dismount, combat to completion, and mount again. I remember Golden Pagoda dailies. Flying shaved 3 mins off for me. Maybe 4. Although, as a Druid, I can interact with World quest objectives while in flight form and ignore all aggro. If anything, I should be demanding flight just to make my dailies easier.

Ultimately, we are at least 4 months (maybe 6-7 months) away from patch 7.2. We don't even know if 7.2 will have flight, or if they will wait til 7.3 (unlikely, but always possible). I just can't see hanging about on a WoW FAN site and belittling Blizz and their design concept, and then assume they are going to freak out all of a sudden and reverse their decision. Even if they regretted it tomorrow, they would still have to add flight to the PTR, and it would still take 60 days to test. At this point, it feels less like constructive feedback, and more like the same 5 anti-Blizz fliers spreading their opinions as fact, and then refusing to accept the simple truth that 7M+ players obviously are enjoying themselves, regardless of the current method of travel.

Personally, it was nice to see them take advice that was thrown to them in Draenor. Add more portals (Dalaran), better player style housing (Class halls), use of personal mounts instead of gryphons (FPs now use personal mounts when flying to known locations), additional Hearthstone (like the garrison), and other useful travel items. I'm only going to say this once more, and then I am done defending myself:

I love flight, and want it in Legion. I want it at lvl 1. I think there should be an achieve for 10 year veterans who have over 18k achievement points and have earned the new loremaster in every new expac since Cata. I think flight should be account wide, and not just per character, cause 20k gold per toon seems a bit silly as a gold sink. Let me pay 500k to unlock it account wide. Every expac moving forward should sell a tome of flight for 250k gold allowing you to fly the instant the expac launches.

That said, that is MY personal play style, and personal opinion. My wants and wishes. For my own sake, I hope Blizz never does any of it, because instant gratification eventually gets me bored. I hate grinds, but I enjoy challenging myself and earning what I go after. I want flight. I want it in 7.2, no questions asked. I just have to wait until 7.2 PTR patch notes to see what decision Blizz made, and determine if at that time it is enough to affect me one way or another. I unsubbed from Draenor due to lack of content. It is unlikely I would unsub from Legion for any reason other than the same. So there you have it. The truth. Like it or not, some of that is fact, and most of it personal perspective. So please take from it what you will. I'm sure the pro-fliers will pick it apart and throw plenty of it back at me. It's just what they do in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just as there are those who are happy the dog is gone completely and those who just don't care. There is no absolute way to make everyone happy, but those who liked the dog but don't care either way it's gone other than a small "aww, schucks " attitude are still happy and satisfied with eating the cake. Also, to further your analogy, the dog (flight) contributed nothing to the bakery that was required to make the bakery successful or enjoyable, even though it was an enjoyable fixture for some. The bakery is still there, producing cake at the same quality it has, minus a few flavor misses thru the years, and still being enjoyed by those partaking in the bakery's product.
    So why keep the dog away when most of the customers had their fill of cake? The cake quality remains as is, and people who only care about the cakes enjoy them as is. There is no reduced value in the cakes that make it any less enjoyable by the presence of the dog. The ones who are most encumbered by the dog are simply the bakers, as every other guest has the option of going to the same bakery without the dog present at their discretion.

When the guests are full, no one cares how much cake the dog eats except the baker.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-13 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Design the expansion for flight to avoid delaying flight. Delays flight behind a giant wall of achievements.

Logic!!!!
    The current problem with Legion is similar to WoD the circular logic has a limitation. At some point Blizzard is going to have to come clean, because mid expansion is basically cutting and running and taking the lead to ensure that customers are valued.

The irony is, why should 7M+ players who are enjoying Legion give a damn about a few thousand players who want flight?
    No one is asking 7M+ players to care about flight. Where are you even going with this?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently flying is their only source of fun. If your statement is true, and they care about nothing else
    Much of what WoW has to offer in content can be found in many other games. Exploration, dungeons, raids, etc. What WoW has unique to it is the ability to mount and fly. Take that away, and part of WoW's uniqueness is gone. The environments are just as pretty, the content is just as fun, but the ability to enjoy it the same way as before is being gated arbitrarily.

Also, it's not about being an only source of fun, but being a valued part of how to enjoy the fun. How would you feel if Blizzard reduced the game to walking speed and took away all the mounts? You'd feel pretty handicapped, possibly enough to leave the game and play something else. That's how some people feel about flight having been taken away. Is it rational to you or me? Possibly not, but there's no reason to pretend it doesn't matter. Flight is a big issue.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, that is MY personal play style, and personal opinion. My wants and wishes. For my own sake, I hope Blizz never does any of it, because instant gratification eventually gets me bored. I hate grinds, but I enjoy challenging myself and earning what I go after. I want flight. I want it in 7.2, no questions asked. I just have to wait until 7.2 PTR patch notes to see what decision Blizz made, and determine if at that time it is enough to affect me one way or another. I unsubbed from Draenor due to lack of content. It is unlikely I would unsub from Legion for any reason other than the same. So there you have it. The truth. Like it or not, some of that is fact, and most of it personal perspective. So please take from it what you will. I'm sure the pro-fliers will pick it apart and throw plenty of it back at me. It's just what they do in this thread.
    What you say here doesn't correspond with how you respond to others. You say this is the truth, yet you act completely differently when confronted with statements Blizzard has said about flight, or even people's personal opinions on what is fun to them.

I'm in similar agreement to your stance. I don't care much about flight at all, though I definitely enjoy having it. It's like the jump button - I don't need it for any of the content I do but I love having it around anyways. I am also understanding of Blizzard's own design and development processes, so I totally get why they would gate flying. I also have no problem with waiting for 7.2 or whatever future patch they release it in. Hell, I'll wait for 8.2 if I have to; flight is not my main reason to play the game. But what do you and I like have to do with people who do care about flight? Nothing, really. You can't change anyone else's opinion any more than you think someone else can change yours. It's one thing to disagree with an opinion, but it's another to make a statement about how they should think/feel/act. This is especially when you are inadvertantly insulting entire groups of people by suggesting they have a wrong and unpopular opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one is asking 7M+ players to care about flight. Where are you even going with this?

Much of what WoW has to offer in content can be found in many other games. Exploration, dungeons, raids, etc. What WoW has unique to it is the ability to mount and fly. Take that away, and part of WoW's uniqueness is gone. The environments are just as pretty, the content is just as fun, but the ability to enjoy it the same way as before is being gated arbitrarily.

Also, it's not about being an only source of fun, but being a valued part of how to enjoy the fun. How would you feel if Blizzard reduced the game to walking speed and took away all the mounts? You'd feel pretty handicapped, possibly enough to leave the game and play something else. That's how some people feel about flight having been taken away. Is it rational to you or me? Possibly not, but there's no reason to pretend it doesn't matter. Flight is a big issue.
    I figured opening up into honest discussion would end up with eye rolling and dismissive context. So, how would I feel? I would not feel handi-capped, nor would I unsub. I would remember what it was like to walk from lvl 1-40 before I could even afford a mount. I would remember what it was like to have to sneak past Lordaeron on foot, or fight my way into Orgrimmar from the rear gate, instead of just flying over, swooping in, and parachuting into combat.

Also, flight hasn't been taken away. It has been delayed. The sooner the folks in this thread come to grips with reality and start using the appropriate verbiage and context, the sooner their apocalypse and conspiracy theories will die down and they can be taken more seriously. Just because I LOVE flight does not mean I am willing to throw the game to the wind in order to get faster mounted speed. I play games for what they are, and Legion is an immersive MMO that doesn't allow flight at this time. No more, no less.

Of course, none of this matters, because people like Elim, Mafic, Quras, and SirDog have their own variations of the truth and how it will all play out when there is a mass exodus thanks to lack of flight. As a realist, and a person of common sense, the only reason any game starts to fail is either a lack of content, or really bad content (or both simultaneously). If 8.0 launched boasting there would be no flight at all, I would be SHOCKED if more than 3% of the playerbase didn't buy it simply because this is WoW, and real players want the story... not the mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

What you say here doesn't correspond with how you respond to others. You say this is the truth, yet you act completely differently when confronted with statements Blizzard has said about flight, or even people's personal opinions on what is fun to them.

I'm in similar agreement to your stance. I don't care much about flight at all, though I definitely enjoy having it. It's like the jump button - I don't need it for any of the content I do but I love having it around anyways. I am also understanding of Blizzard's own design and development processes, so I totally get why they would gate flying. I also have no problem with waiting for 7.2 or whatever future patch they release it in. Hell, I'll wait for 8.2 if I have to; flight is not my main reason to play the game. But what do you and I like have to do with people who do care about flight? Nothing, really. You can't change anyone else's opinion any more than you think someone else can change yours. It's one thing to disagree with an opinion, but it's another to make a statement about how they should think/feel/act. This is especially when you are inadvertantly insulting entire groups of people by suggesting they have a wrong and unpopular opinion.
    I get my facts from Battle Net. If it is authentic enough, the GMs add it to their blue tracker. If it is just some random interview, I usually over look it. The ONLY thing I can hold Blizz to is what they announce officially on their site. Calling them liars and thieves based on some interview at bubblegum-mmos.org (or whatever) holds very little water to me. But if it is something that comes at Blizzcon, or happens on Battle Net, then I have a foothold to shove it down their throats just like Karabor being a capital city, or Path of the Titans. Third party sites, this one included, are outside the scope of their ToS which means they can say whatever they like, and don't have to back it up because it is not on battle net. Which do you put more stock in, what comes from the White House press room, or some interview the President gives in US Weekly? So, feel free to cling to whatever facts you feel necessary. I will stick to Battle Net where I can hold them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No, no, no no.

Flying isn't a flip of the switch. Have you bothered reading any of these posts in this thread outlining how long it took to put flying in WoD and how they needed to spend entire betas to test flying (BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP) previously?

I have beta tested Blizzard's WoW expansions since Cata and I can safely say nothing, nothing is a "flip of the switch". Nada.
    I'll bite. What aspect of flying requires all of that testing?
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-10-13 at 04:44 AM.

I figured opening up into honest discussion would end up with eye rolling and dismissive context. So, how would I feel? I would not feel handi-capped, nor would I unsub. I would remember what it was like to walk from lvl 1-40 before I could even afford a mount. I would remember what it was like to have to sneak past Lordaeron on foot, or fight my way into Orgrimmar from the rear gate, instead of just flying over, swooping in, and parachuting into combat.
    Okay, so no matter how bullshit things get, you'll just see the good side of things and not let it bother you. So I challenge you, for one week of play, don't use your mount or run. Only walk. I'd like to know how long it takes until you begin to feel the fatigue of not being able to mount or run. Those memories don't last forever, and for a lot of people who want flight, the non-flight content was real fun but they're ready to have flight now.

Also, flight hasn't been taken away. It has been delayed. The sooner the folks in this thread come to grips with reality and start using the appropriate verbiage and context, the sooner their apocalypse and conspiracy theories will die down and they can be taken more seriously. Just because I LOVE flight does not mean I am willing to throw the game to the wind in order to get faster mounted speed. I play games for what they are, and Legion is an immersive MMO that doesn't allow flight at this time. No more, no less.
    Some people here go overboard, but that's no reason to dismiss others and all arguments for flight because of the acts of a few. When you use your own personal convictions to explain how you think others should act, that is called projecting. It's very condescending and insulting.

Of course, none of this matters, because people like Elim, Mafic, Quras, and SirDog have their own variations of the truth and how it will all play out when there is a mass exodus thanks to lack of flight. As a realist, and a person of common sense, the only reason any game starts to fail is either a lack of content, or really bad content (or both simultaneously). If 8.0 launched boasting there would be no flight at all, I would be SHOCKED if more than 3% of the playerbase didn't buy it simply because this is WoW, and real players want the story... not the mounts.
    Why do you let what they say bother you? They aren't making a personal attack on your convictions. I see things the other way around, where you are addressing people and passing judgement of how they're not doing things that you are doing. You aren't even making a suggestion, you're outright drawing lines in the sand and condemning those you don't see fit to have an opinion. Anyone who hasn't played Legion is not fit to have an opinion about it, right?

I get my facts from Battle Net. If it is authentic enough, the GMs add it to their blue tracker. If it is just some random interview, I usually over look it. The ONLY thing I can hold Blizz to is what they announce officially on their site. Calling them liars and thieves based on some interview at bubblegum-mmos.org (or whatever) holds very little water to me. But if it is something that comes at Blizzcon, or happens on Battle Net, then I have a foothold to shove it down their throats just like Karabor being a capital city, or Path of the Titans. Third party sites, this one included, are outside the scope of their ToS which means they can say whatever they like, and don't have to back it up because it is not on battle net. Which do you put more stock in, what comes from the White House press room, or some interview the President gives in US Weekly? So, feel free to cling to whatever facts you feel necessary. I will stick to Battle Net where I can hold them accountable.
    You cherry pick what suits you and ignore everything else. That in itself is ignorance.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-13 at 04:43 AM.

Well, guess you overlooked this too

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is too easy.
    Legion fan says Ion Hazzikostas's inteview on Polygon is not a good source, and the only acceptable source is the forums.
    I play along because I simply LOVE quoting blue posts.
    How about this one?
    Original Post
    Originally Posted by Crithto

May 22, 2015

Thanks for creating a thread on this. As you noted, lead designer Ion Hazzikostas mentioned in a recent interview with Polygon that we’ve decided not to allow the use of flying mounts on Draenor. There’s been a lot of debate about the pros and cons of flying over the course of this expansion—not just in the community, but in the hallways, offices, and break rooms at Blizzard—and we know it’s something everyone feels passionately about.

During Patch 6.2’s development, we continued to discuss how flight would fundamentally change the way players experience all of Draenor’s ground-based content, and carefully weighed that against the benefits flying would bring to the game. Ultimately, after much deliberation, we came to the conclusion that the world of Draenor would simply no longer provide the experience we envisioned it if we were to reintroduce flight in this expansion.

We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to weigh in on this topic. You’ve provided some great insight and feedback, and we ask that you please be respectful of one another as you continue to discuss your thoughts and experiences.

You can read the original quote in Ion’s interview with Polygon here.
    I'm guessing if a blue post refers directly to the other site as a good place to get information about the topic at hand, that makes it official in your eyes?
    Was happy to help.