Thread: Artifact Relics

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Artifact Relics

Hey all,

Now this might be a dumb question but I'm wondering. I know Ilevel on our weapons are a first priority but untill what point will you make a decision between a lesser relic? My problem is yesterday I've finally gotten two Shadow relics. First one is a relic which gives 10 fury with an ilvl of 865, the other one a relic which gives a damage boost to Chaos strike with an ilvl of 860.

I would rather use the Chaos strike relic which gives a nice damage boost, but it reduces my ilevel weapon with 1. How are you all dealing with this and what would you choose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

Artifacts will be your primary weapon throughout the expansion. The ilevel of an artifact is increased by the relics that are slotted within them. Relics are generally ilvl > trait, except in the case of Sharpened Glaives (worth 3.3 ilvls), Critical Chaos (worth 2.8 ilvls), and Demon's Rage (worth 1.3 ilvls). Unleashed Demons is also very strong, but harder to pin a number on due to the many variables (fight length, when meta is used, etc) that may make it worthless or amazing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-7-0-3-guide

When in doubt, sim it. Contained fury will be better than Demons Bite when you have Anger of Half-Giants.'
    Last edited by mmoc587efb0079; 2016-10-14 at 09:40 AM. Reason: updated quote values

There was a message on the DH Discord about how many ilvls each trait is worth. think chaos strike was 3.3ilvls or something around that.

Hmm a trait can only go to 4/4 right?

I started this thread asking about my Shadow relic, today a Fel relic dropped with the same effect (boosting crit damage for Chaos Strike). I am using this as one of my Fel relics now. Can I still use the Shadow relic to boost the Chaos strike damage or will it not have any effect since the Fel relic is already covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post

I started this thread asking about my Shadow relic, today a Fel relic dropped with the same effect (boosting crit damage for Chaos Strike). I am using this as one of my Fel relics now. Can I still use the Shadow relic to boost the Chaos strike damage or will it not have any effect since the Fel relic is already covering it.
    Please say it ain't sooooo lol. I have 3 CS relics O_O. I can't get a damn Glave relic to drop so hopefully the mythic runs tonight can change my luck.

Don't think so. I currently have 3 Demon Rage relics (pretty bad but those are the ones with most ilvl) and it says Rank 3/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    There was a message on the DH Discord about how many ilvls each trait is worth. think chaos strike was 3.3ilvls or something around that.
    This is correct; main guide has been updated to fix this today.

Work is kicking my ass

They can go up to 6 ranks. At one point, I had 6/6 into the Chaos Strike trait, resulting in 36% increased crit damage to Chaos Strike.

general rule if within 5 itemelevels of each other its whatever you chose or whatever trait is better 10 or more use the one rated higher. it is all over iceyveins, noxxic and i believe here.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    general rule if within 5 itemelevels of each other its whatever you chose or whatever trait is better 10 or more use the one rated higher. it is all over iceyveins, noxxic and i believe here.
    Please dont ever ever tell someone to go to noxxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Please dont ever ever tell someone to go to noxxic.
    i know they are sketchy but the are pretty much the same as iceyveins so yeah. they just dont break down the priorities like iceyveins does...

10+ Year Old Account
    i know they are sketchy but the are pretty much the same as iceyveins so yeah. they just dont break down the priorities like iceyveins does...
    No, they flat out give incorrect information. Noxxic is garbage.

They are not pretty much the same as Icy Veins. Not even remotely close actually. Noxxic is terrible, and has been for as long as I can remember.

Blizzard developers have even taken shots at Noxxic in past Q&As.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    This is correct; main guide has been updated to fix this today.

Work is kicking my ass
    What made the relic weights go down so much. I saw them before the Bloodlet nerf and it seemed like they were all higher. I believe the numbers were 15ilvl for TG, 10ilvl for CS, and 5ilvl for DB. I can see TG relic going down a bit but what happened to make them all go down so significantly? This basically means always take a 5ilvl relic upgrade (wish I knew earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by Murdnunoc View Post
    What made the relic weights go down so much. I saw them before the Bloodlet nerf and it seemed like they were all higher. I believe the numbers were 15ilvl for TG, 10ilvl for CS, and 5ilvl for DB. I can see TG relic going down a bit but what happened to make them all go down so significantly? This basically means always take a 5ilvl relic upgrade (wish I knew earlier).
    Not certain; mostly likely refined sims on top of nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Murdnunoc View Post
    The 3.3 ilvl for sharpened glaives from the Mardum discord refers to weapon ilvl, not relic ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    The 3.3 ilvl for sharpened glaives from the Mardum discord refers to weapon ilvl, not relic ilvl.
    Probably should specify in the guide that it is weapon ilvl as that makes a big difference. Basically TG is worth a bit over 10 relic ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sharpened Glaives erryday.

Is it worth going for 2 increased itemlvl from relic if the trait is bad, like chaos nova, metamorphosis, over a relic with increased chaos strike damage, throw glaive, etc?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetement View Post
    Is it worth going for 2 increased itemlvl from relic if the trait is bad, like chaos nova, metamorphosis, over a relic with increased chaos strike damage, throw glaive, etc?
    It is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol