Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    But what if I don't want to watch hentai?
    Hentai is the correct way to be aroused by anime.
    What kind of deviant are you?!!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I was attempting to criticize the show, saying it was nothing but ecchi shit with no purpose whatsoever but to arouse horny teenagers. Then someone said what's wrong with that, and now we are here.
    No you weren't. You haven't even watched it to criticize the show. You admitted this in your first few posts on the subject.

Well just reading the premise of the anime it seems it was made with the sole purpose of having their women serve as fanservice machines, unless I'm missing some genius satire there.
    This isn't critique this is only describing the genre.

Well the author of the article put it perfectly and I agree on that. Ecchi used to be complementary to the anime, not the whole premise of it.
    Again more on the genre than the show itself.

I guess this is the point the author tried to make. Either way it seems odd peole watch this type of anime, they might as well watch hentai.
    And here we get to what you really wanted to say all along.

So tell me again how all you wanted to do was critique a show you never watched.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Hentai is the correct way to be aroused by anime.
    What kind of deviant are you?!!
    Sorry sir, I've found myself more and more interested in mild titillation while being entertained in other ways rather than engaging in solely masturbatory entertainments. Won't happen again.

The Gamergate War College

Fellow anons,

A full writeup on the current political situation in gamergate can be found at /v/gamergate voat under this post "The Gamergate War College".

Quote Originally Posted by earthallianceanon View Post
    Fellow anons,

A full writeup on the current political situation in gamergate can be found at /v/gamergate voat under this post "The Gamergate War College".
    I couldn't get through it. I get that some people are entertained by humorous oblivious narcissism, but it isn't for me.

WarioWare character designer, Ko Takeuchi, has come under attack by the social justice crowd after drawing Vivian James. He originally self-censored in wake of the mob, but has sense reposted it, telling the social justice crowd to block him if they don't like his art.

https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/789110884501041152

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...cter_designer/

RPS writes a smear piece on Rimworld, something something sexist codes(what the actual fuck.)

https://web.archive.org/web/20161102...code-analysis/

Developer fires back.

So I saw this thread today http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=gamergate
    Crissi closed it a couple weeks back and directed people here as this is the gamergate thread, but as Edge- has pointed out many times before we can only talk about videogame related things here as seen below for example. Can we get some clarification on where we can actually talk about gamergate related things that are not specifically about videogames?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reminder to keep discussion related to videogames. The political/reddit discussion is more suited for GenOT.

It's one of those redirect chains to stifle discussion. It has been pointed out before.

Yep. it's pretty boneheaded. We're also not supposed to discuss moderation though, so there's that too.

So we've got another one of these: http://archive.is/JmDA3

*sigh*

And I'm just asking again... Didn't Obama declare there was going to be some kind of government funded study about the effects of violent media? Did that ever happen?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So we've got another one of these: http://archive.is/JmDA3

*sigh*

And I'm just asking again... Didn't Obama declare there was going to be some kind of government funded study about the effects of violent media? Did that ever happen?
    If he did, no gaming site I know reported on it.

No but Fallout 4 has made me interested in building a settlement in a post apocalyptic Earth.

The editor's response is rock solid:

Q: As with many mainstream gaming journalism sites, PC Gamer has been claimed to have taken a nosedive in quality in recent years. For example, PC Gamer actively censored comments that disagreed with the personal politics of staff (1), suggested that MGSV supported "ingrained cultural misogyny" (2), gave a questionable score to Hotline Miami 2 while criticizing its fake rape scene (3), had a journalist recommending Ubisoft games while dating an Ubisoft employee (4), claimed the term "PC Master Race" was racist (5), claimed that men don't experience sexual harassment on Twitch (6), and many more from a simple search on KotakuInAction. What do you have to say to any of these events?

A: The answer to this is simple: read what we actually wrote

Reminds me of Blizzard's response to similar "misinterpretation" shenanigans:

For years now I've found it to be a such a strange honor to be followed around the internet by expert interpreters, who take plain words in English and replace them with other, more loaded words in English.
    It's quite amazing how people will read, but only see what they want to see. For as long as people continue doing so, we need to remind them that their fantasized interpretation of events might not line up with reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    RPS writes a smear piece on Rimworld, something something sexist codes(what the actual fuck.)
    I wish people who did hit pieces had something *real* to criticize.

Oh well.

I still don't know why these "social justice warriors" don't just make their own games. After all, if their movement is as important as they say it is then it shouldn't be hard for them to fund it. But no, they have to try to take over other people's IPs and destroy anyone or anything that doesn't fit their agenda.

It's kind of sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

Oh well.

I still don't know why these "social justice warriors" don't just make their own games. After all, if their movement is as important as they say it is then it shouldn't be hard for them to fund it. But no, they have to try to take over other people's IPs and destroy anyone or anything that doesn't fit their agenda.

It's kind of sad really.
    Because these people arent interested in the industry or media form in the first place, they are only interested in changing it from the inside or to use it to propel their own career's, note how all this SJW trash love their little gofundme's.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

Oh well.

It's kind of sad really.
    Well, I mean, they are hardly going to have the skills, most of them go and study a humanities subject instead of computing science/maths, whilst they are qualified now to tell women to study stem, they lack the technical skills to create a game.

EDIT:

Well, most. Not all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    And when they do make games, we end up with empowering, excellent games, such as this: