15+ Year Old Account
    so thinking of changing my character from a potato and i need opinions on the 3 possible races that i would consider changing too.

First my Highland Hyur she has various ASSets that draw my attention

Second an Au'ra simply because my character has never been an Au'ra

and Third Miqo because who doesnt love cat girls?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

What would the new main city be in this region?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    so thinking of changing my character from a potato and i need opinions on the 3 possible races that i would consider changing too.

Mi'qote or bust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's nice - too bad I'm still going to replace some of my members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Mi'qote or bust.
    Pretty much.
    Furry pointed ears and the ability to purr if petted properly > all.

So the Encyclopedia Eorzea is now available on the UK store at £35, i am trying to convince myself i dont need it, but i already have so many like Book of Lost Memories and Hyrule Historia so the thirst is real.

-also they started the PS3>PS4 upgrade today and its free until December 31st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So the Encyclopedia Eorzea is now available on the UK store at £35, i am trying to convince myself i dont need it, but i already have so many like Book of Lost Memories and Hyrule Historia so the thirst is real.
    Love how it simply denied my Visa, had to ask brother to pay for it with his MasterCard. :/

And darn those shipping costs, 44.99€ book and had to pay over 80€ for it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would've gotten it for 45 euro, but yeah, shipping pushes it up to 70 euro which is too much IMO.

Yeah for some reason the EU shipping is ridiculous apparently. Though after i got free shipping on a hardback Bloodborne artbook and it came bent maybe i can understand

All about dat Thighlander. Although I've started to see a lot more of us around and about over the past couple months...but that is good. There's already a billion and one lizardfolk and catfolk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What would the new main city be in this region?
    Assuming you are referring to Stormblood, it's Ala Mhigo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Leveled my BLM to 60 in PotD - outside it's only 46 - got bunch of new skills and had no idea what they do. Ended up reading each skill once I got out of PotD and didn't take that long to figure them out, at least now I've all skills already placed in action bar - simply waiting for the day when I actually unlock them.
    Oh boy. BLM is probably the one class I would recommend not doing via PoTD (for the purpose of learning the class, that is), cause of how the playstyle transforms once you hit 60. Honestly the best thing to do with it is hit target dummies for a bit to get the hang of managing Enochian along with Astral Fire/Umbral Ice (since Fire 4 and Blizzard 4 don't renew those buffs like all the other fire/blizzard spells prior).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Oh boy. BLM is probably the one class I would recommend not doing via PoTD (for the purpose of learning the class, that is), cause of how the playstyle transforms once you hit 60. Honestly the best thing to do with it is hit target dummies for a bit to get the hang of managing Enochian along with Astral Fire/Umbral Ice (since Fire 4 and Blizzard 4 don't renew those buffs like all the other fire/blizzard spells prior).
    Oh well, I'm just leveling them up to have them at max level and see their stories.

Raid needs be as Bard, so it's easy to pick main.

15+ Year Old Account
    All about dat Thighlander. Although I've started to see a lot more of us around and about over the past couple months...but that is good. There's already a billion and one lizardfolk and catfolk. :P
    I've been leaning towards the thighlander myself mainly because having a tail would make some of my glamours look a bit awkward.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Assuming you are referring to Stormblood, it's Ala Mhigo.
    Ala Mhigo is the region. Main city is called Rhalgr's Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Ala Mhigo is the region. Main city is called Rhalgr's Reach.
    Gyr Abania is the region, with Ala Mhigo being the main city-state centered there.

Rhalgr's Reach is the encampment where the Ala Mhigan Resistance is based out of.

Gyr Abania is the region, with Ala Mhigo being the main city-state centered there.

Rhalgr's Reach is the encampment where the Ala Mhigan Resistance is based out of.
    Main city of the expansion will be Rhalgr's Reach though. As in the new Ishgard.

I've been leaning towards the thighlander myself mainly because having a tail would make some of my glamours look a bit awkward.
    As someone who played charr for years in GW2, I know that feeling all too well.

- - - Updated - - -

Main city of the expansion will be Rhalgr's Reach though. As in the new Ishgard.
    Actually, I'd liken Ala Mhigo more to Ishgard, and perhaps Rhalgr's will end up our next Idyllshire/Revenant's Toll.

That's speculation on my part, though. Regardless, I'll be there.

As someone who played charr for years in GW2, I know that feeling all too well.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'd liken Ala Mhigo more to Ishgard, and perhaps Rhalgr's will end up our next Idyllshire/Revenant's Toll.

That's speculation on my part, though. Regardless, I'll be there.
    They said at fan fest that Rhalgr's Reach will be the main hub similar to Ishgard. It wouldn't suprise me if we would take over Ala Mhigo through the main story and it would end up being the new Idyllshire.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-10-17 at 02:26 PM.

http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.c...m-and-its.html

So i done a word fing about my expectations for Red Mage in 4.0, considering theres been a fair few very different versions of the job across all the Squaresoft and Square Enix JRPGs what are you hoping is the style for it?

Read the recap of it, definitely interested in the combat redesign they mentioned, even if it seems tailored more to skill bloat.

Also huge fan of the triple budget. Let's see what that gets us.

They said at fan fest that Rhalgr's Reach will be the main hub similar to Ishgard. It wouldn't suprise me if we would take over Ala Mhigo through the main story and it would end up being the new Idyllshire.
    Huh. I missed that at some point then. My b.

Rebuilding Ala Mhigo sounds like it could be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hey, 3.45 notes:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...37723724a241f5

For the firewall-impaired (because of work or such):

Patch 3.45 is scheduled to release on Tuesday, November 11, and today we'll give you a glimpse of new developments in the Palace of the Dead and anima weapon quests.
    Deep Dungeon - Palace of the Dead
    Palace of the Dead Update
    The dead remain restless, and the architect behind the Palace of the Dead unseen. Though none have lived to tell the tale true, some explorers claim the maze now reaches some two hundred floors below the Shroud. What horrors await the brave souls who would delve into the darkest depths of the ruins?
    Palace of the Dead Rankings
    See how you measure up to your fellow adventurers in the Palace of the Dead with a new ranking system. Level up, ready your aetherpool gear, and race to the darkest depths of the deep dungeon!
    Anima Weapon
    After many tests and trials, the anima would appear to be at the pinnacle of perfection. To that end, Ardashir is making preparations to return to the Near East that he might present his findings. Gerolt, on the other hand, believes there is yet work to be done. Could our resident drunkard and realm-renown blacksmith hold the key to the anima's advancement?
    I guess it doesn't exist, because there is no Tuesday, November 11.

Speculation is it was simply a typo and should be November 1. That would be start of week 6 for 3.4, so folks still wouldn't have their 260 shire weapons until the following week. Kinda makes me wonder how long it'll take to get the anima done, because if it's only 2-3 weeks to upgrade (to 260, which is what I assume it'll jump to), that would make the shire weapons alt job status at that point, for me at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Another possiblity: additional/bonus dialogue in the next xpac, since it's the highlander homeland.

That said, I don't know if NPCs react differently in Heavensward if the player is elezen. I don't recall seeing anything noting that.