Quote Originally Posted by Zeithrom View Post
    It is no longer possible to use the color purple (at least I will not let me) this could be a sign that whoever has the appearance is the base?
    Appears the glitched appearance was "hotfixed" last night. The fix is a bit annoying, as if you have, say, the Hidden Appearance for Blood/Unholy, switch to Frost and back to Blood/Unholy, that appearance changes to whatever Frost appearance you have. Now I need to constantly change my weapon appearance every time I change specs.

Could also be login/logout related. But regardless, its annoying.

Given that the armory is very slow to update, it will probably continue to show people using the HAA for a while if they had previously glitched it.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im going to go check one out in a min, want to see these pulsing runes for myself

I would post some screen shots of this but i don't have enough posts :S so I've posted it on the wowhead thread version of this thread which has the screen shots if you want to see them

Quote Originally Posted by Questdk View Post
    So I've done some more searching on the Runes !

I'm convinced they have something to do with the quest chain.

I've had 3 separate people who haven't been to the area to start with come and kill a mob on top of the rune and it changes from "solid" to "pulsing"

there are 3 in High mountain

1st Rune cave :54.25;75.08
    2nd Rune cave : 54.93;90.39
    3rd Rune Cave : 42- 25

If you check in the class hall on the campaign map this rune is shown on the map NO other class hall has this or this kind of symbol.

I personally think each zone has a individual rune which is show on the class hall mission map and we must find and "activate" them, i believe I've found everything in high Mountain if people would kind enough to help in the other zones this might be faster ?
    So... Try dueling one of the DK's in Archerus on the one in Archerus and see if you can make it glow there.
    Not sure there is anything else in the DK zone we could actually "kill" although maybe its a finishing marker.

I assume you are talking about the "circle" thing in archerus with runes around it.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    So... Try dueling one of the DK's in Archerus on the one in Archerus and see if you can make it glow there.
    Not sure there is anything else in the DK zone we could actually "kill" although maybe its a finishing marker.

I assume you are talking about the "circle" thing in archerus with runes around it.
    It won't let me post screen shots for some silly reason on here so I've posted it on WoWhead under the weapon so you can see the screens there.

3rd Rune Cave : 42- 25
    The one Navarrogg is standing on? It's definitely pulsing for me, but I haven't done anything to it.

you would have killed something for certain in there as you would have cleared it for the mobs at the front to become friendly as the cave starts as hostile.

Deleted
    I would post some screen shots of this but i don't have enough posts :S so I've posted it on the wowhead thread version of this thread which has the screen shots if you want to see them
    i found one of those runes in a cave on highmountain peak, didn't seem to do much. there was a skeleton with 2 crystals in it on top of the rune, looked like some drogbar ritual :\

you would have killed something for certain in there as you would have cleared it for the mobs at the front to become friendly as the cave starts as hostile.
    The cave is never 'hostile' if you quest normally, because you don't go there until you've done Navarrogg's stuff and you're basically friendly with the hidden faction.

What I mean is I haven't killed anything on or near the rune, but it's pulsing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i found one of those runes in a cave on highmountain peak, didn't seem to do much. there was a skeleton with 2 crystals in it on top of the rune, looked like some drogbar ritual :\

did you kill it on the rune ?
    Last edited by Questdk; 2016-10-17 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Appears the glitched appearance was "hotfixed" last night. The fix is a bit annoying, as if you have, say, the Hidden Appearance for Blood/Unholy, switch to Frost and back to Blood/Unholy, that appearance changes to whatever Frost appearance you have. Now I need to constantly change my weapon appearance every time I change specs.

Could also be login/logout related. But regardless, its annoying.
    Weird, I use the base hidden appearance color for blood and the base upgraded color for frost and it keeps them separate for me. Might be a bug on your end?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeithrom View Post
    It is no longer possible to use the color purple (at least I will not let me) this could be a sign that whoever has the appearance is the base?
    Probably a bug? I can still use the glitch to change my frost weapon to the purple runeblade.

Deleted
    i dont think its the runes... they are used for rituals for drogbars.. and marksopp is an easter egg for onepiece... at least i think so. anyhow, again what do we know.

- its on land
    - its runic so prob stormheim or suramar.
    - its eating us alive....
    - it want us insane...
    - oooh icecream..

jokes aside, as i figure it, considering the other hidden artifact skins. it SHOULD not be this hard to find, the blood spec one was to protect comrads, unholy was to (sacrifice comrads)(someone said it earlier cant remember). frost= survive betrayal? i dont know.. but we are mixing in other quest objectives because we stray from the goal..

I was running around in Shield's Rest and inside the hall that leads to the Truthguard place, a corner started to glow blue. So I remembered having read a while back people mentioned Shield's Rest as a possible place for Futhark to be.

The drogbar runes always pulse after a few seconds. It's just their animation. There is nothing about them and killing something on top of them to make them "pulse" is just the animation lining up with coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanthien View Post
    I was running around in Shield's Rest and inside the hall that leads to the Truthguard place, a corner started to glow blue. So I remembered having read a while back people mentioned Shield's Rest as a possible place for Futhark to be.
    Just a place associated with fallen kings, runes, and vrykul. A theory. The glowing blue spot is just that. It's always been there. Might be a misplaced particle emitter, might be something important.

Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post
    Weird, I use the base hidden appearance color for blood and the base upgraded color for frost and it keeps them separate for me. Might be a bug on your end?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a bug? I can still use the glitch to change my frost weapon to the purple runeblade.
    At least I do not I get the line of the hidden appearance (in frost or blood), only unholy

Deleted
    Hi guys,
    As a passtime, I read all the dialogues of the game with keywords searches to find any clues that will maybe lead to something relevant, and I maybe have found something interesting about the Grey One theory.

Here is all that i've found (directly relevant with any doubts to have) :

"These are fanatics, believing this Vault holds one of their greatest legends: The Grey One."
    "The Grey One was a drogbar so evil, Neltharion encased him in stone as a lesson to us all. We must not let these zealots free him."
    "Crok! The Grey One has been unleashed. We must get out of here before the vault's defenses return."
    "You are too late, karkrun! The Grey One shall be free!"
    "Even Deathwing could foresee the evil that the Grey One could unleash if left unchecked.This is a grim day for us all."
    "Spiritwalker! What has happened here?"
    "The Grey One. He came and... I am sorry my Chieftain. But the Grey One has taken your father's body."
    "When you reach the spirit realm, tell your master that he'll never be set free so long as I breathe."
    "Your time in this life is short. The Grey One has seen it."
    "Let us rest!";"Let us rest!"
    "I have seen it! The Grey One approaches!";"I have seen it! The Grey One approaches!"
    "The darkness rises."
    "The Grey One will pierce the veil."
    "Embrace the shadow."
    "He will return."
    "Dark overcomes light."
    "Accept the Grey One."
    "He is master of shadows."
    "Quickly hero, I can open a portal to the spirit world but you must move quickly before the Grey One can escape."

So... it looks like the Grey One has stolen the Ulan Hightotem's body, which is the father of Mayla High Chieftain of Highmountain.

Now look Ulan's skin : wowhead.com/npc=105211/ulan-highmountain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narlim View Post
    Hi guys,
    As a passtime, I read all the dialogues of the game with keywords searches to find any clues that will maybe lead to something relevant, and I maybe have found something interesting about the Grey One theory.

"These are fanatics, believing this Vault holds one of their greatest legends: The Grey One."
    "The Grey One was a drogbar so evil, Neltharion encased him in stone as a lesson to us all. We must not let these zealots free him."
    "Crok! The Grey One has been unleashed. We must get out of here before the vault's defenses return."
    "Even Deathwing could foresee the evil that the Grey One could unleash if left unchecked.This is a grim day for us all."
    "The Grey One. He came and... I am sorry my Chieftain. But the Grey One has taken your father's body."
    "When you reach the spirit realm, tell your master that he'll never be set free so long as I breathe."
    "I have seen it! The Grey One approaches!";"I have seen it! The Grey One approaches!"
    "The darkness rises."
    "Embrace the shadow."
    "He will return."
    "Dark overcomes light."
    "Accept the Grey One."
    "Quickly hero, I can open a portal to the spirit world but you must move quickly before the Grey One can escape."

So... it looks like the Grey One has stolen the Ulan Hightotem's body, which is the father of Mayla High Chieftain of Highmountain.

Regardless of this having anything to do with Frost Artifact (although it's a possibility, with the spirit world and such), it's a cool as hell find. Good job man.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys,

"The darkness rises."
    "Embrace the shadow."
    "He will return."
    "Dark overcomes light."
    "Accept the Grey One."

very cool, sadly tho this NPC was "added in Patch 7.1" so it's leftover from the PTR :/ The Grey One is either a questline that will be added in the future, or possibly left over dialog from what was supposed to have been a highmountain questchain in alpha/beta

might also be that we're way ahead of our time with this, and "The Grey one" is connected to the old gods, and will be some kind of bridge quest/prepatch related to the NEXT expansion. (vastly theorized to revolve around the old gods)
    Skysin/Xavius EU

Hi guys,

"The darkness rises."
    "Embrace the shadow."
    "He will return."
    "Dark overcomes light."
    "Accept the Grey One."

It is 7.1, not 7.0