Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    Archaeology was mentioned a few pages ago. I couldn't log in at the time, but I want to mention that if it is tied to archaeology, it's probably through either the Black Rook Key, which opens up a new room in Black Rook Hold, and becomes available in a little over two weeks, or from the Key to the Narthalas Academy which appears to allow access to a new instance of Nathalas Academy. That one won't be available until January 24.
    How do you know the academy key won't be available until then? ( Honest question)

Quote Originally Posted by easyrock View Post
    On that note, is there any chance Inscription is in some other way involved? Seems like a fairly logical thing for scribes to make a Rune. And considering how nobody cares about Inscription these days maybe something slipped past beta.
    It can't have been a direct recipe or else it would have been mined already. I share your curiosity which is why I'm going through Inscription myself, but I'm really hoping if it is related to the profession, it ties to The Scroll of Forgotten Knowledge so that every DK doesn't have to switch professions to Inscription (and back) to get it. That would be quite the dick move on Blizzard's part. Long cooldowns with RNG results is a popular Blizzard answer to keeping things exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanas View Post
    How do you know the academy key won't be available until then? ( Honest question)
    They are on a 2 week rotation, and for the last 8 weeks (4 quests) they have been the exact same order as listed on the achievement. Thus it is almost certainly not random.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm probably looking for meaning in patterns where there are none. Since I can't come up with any meaning, I will simply post the patterns for others.

Deleted
    Did anyone go to the random Frost Rune @ Shield's rest (Tomb of the Old King) on the wall (to your left if you enter)? Seems completely out of place and it's just "chilling" there.

Not a DK myself but I always wondered why that was there
    One of the tombs is called "Tomb of the Icebreaker", which is named after Magnar Icebreaker (Warrior Tank quest) who most likely died @ Kingsfall Pass - so maybe there is something too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-19 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Did anyone go to the random Frost Rune @ Shield's rest (Tomb of the Old King) on the wall? Seems completely out of place and it's just "chilling" there.

Where is it specifically?

Deleted
    Did anyone go to the random Frost Rune @ Shield's rest (Tomb of the Old King) on the wall? Seems completely out of place and it's just "chilling" there.

DK here, been there, did this, I farm (lol) Shield's rest for 4hr during the quest with Helarjar so many peeps killing elites and easy to explore...

FUCKING NOTHING!

This rune in the tomb is just because it looks nice (or waiting for frost DK AK12+)

Inside is a Tomb called "Tomb of the Icebreaker".
    I think the frost effect is just a mistake/bug. It's centered in the middle of the wall, and some dev probably missed a digit somewhere and put it in the wrong place. As for the Icebreaker, that was the tentative name of the Prot Warrior artifact. The artifact name was changed, but they forgot to change the name of the room where it's obtained.

Deleted
    @Simca any progress on that datamining?

imgur com/a/CQylD

Noticed something weird at the end of MoS on Heroic. Only really visible with Remorseless winter on but Sindragosa's Fury also outlines the area.

Added a few more images of what looks like a platform at the end of the boat.
    Last edited by SirPuzz; 2016-10-19 at 10:49 PM. Reason: added more images

Has anyone tried shadow moon burial ground instance ? Nerzhul was the original lich king. Pretty sure there was dark runes in there on the first boss as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRuler View Post
    Has anyone tried shadow moon burial ground instance ? Nerzhul was the original lich king. Pretty sure there was dark runes in there on the first boss as well?
    That was never tried. You should go there and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuzz View Post
    imgur com/a/CQylD

Noticed something weird at the end of MoS on Heroic. Only really visible with Remorseless winter on but Sindragosa's Fury also outlines the area.
    I'll go there myself later and see if I can replicate this. Almost looks like the legs of an invisible npc?

imgur com/a/CQylD

Weird, almost looks like feet. Is there a part of the boat that breaks and falls there? Fading out the texture or hiding the model they could leave it there, and maybe the Frost effects are bugging it out? Regardless, really cool find

The edge of the boat appears to have a platform coming off of it also. Added a few more images to the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    That was never tried. You should go there and see if it works.
    Repeatedly. Many times. Compile a Google doc and link us your results, because I'm sure you stumbled onto something no one has thought of. Ever. Not once. In 420 pages of HAA discussion.

I don't actually play a DK lol. Just trying to be helpful

The edge of the boat appears to have a platform coming off of it also. Added a few more images to the album.
    90% sure that's a bug, now. Hidden mesh from the Helya fight when she busts up the boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRuler View Post
    I don't actually play a DK lol. Just trying to be helpful
    All good can't help giving some newcomers a little crap. Some of us have gone there, but the most compelling evidence points to the HAA trigger being in Broken Isles.

Deleted
    Maybe it can be related to the NPC called Razor Ice? It has little to no info on wowhead or anywhere else, really, but its name is reaaaally kinda like our ... rune... that increases frost damage taken, you know... RAZOR ICE rune....

Instructor razuvious comes to mind. When we got get the blades of the fallen prince a dialogue happens and someone mentions we are razuvious' students (frost dks). Remember when that content was relevant we could not control undead, only raise them... maybe control one of his students and do something with him in naxx?

Deleted
    imgur com/a/CQylD

Added a few more images of what looks like a platform at the end of the boat.
    your AK must be crap man! I see 60 AP added, u have like AK1 or Ak2.... look on Ret Pala HAA trigger, must havE AK6.....
    Last edited by mmocc04905fa71; 2016-10-19 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo