Thread: No fury buffs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The question is, on 7.1 patch note, there is no mention of the ''8 % average buff''
    will it be implimented or, we missed the boat ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Do you think it's mainly because of the inate Design of Fury, it's utter lack of talent choice and Enrage being a tiny window we need to Maximize? Or do you think it's just a Numbers issue.

I think it's honestly the first, We're a class that has an "On crit" mechanic, yet compared to DH and Fire Mages, We're the only ones trying to Mitigate not critting over getting crits.
    Everything is a numbers issue to some degree, but I think Fury's main issue is with Juggernaut. Fury doesn't necessarily need to be as good or better than Arms at single target, but it needs to excel somewhere.

In my opinion, this area is Execute, given that 1/3 of the artifact is devoted to it, but the mechanic is too clunky to get there. Fixing that and empowering Fury during all Execute phases, regardless of length, would allow Arms to retain its single target and burst strength, while still giving Fury an area in which to shine.

That isn't to say I wouldn't like to see other mechanical improvements, particularly to Furious Slash/Taste for Blood and Meat Cleaver, but they are much smaller issues as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepanda View Post
    The question is, on 7.1 patch note, there is no mention of the ''8 % average buff''
    will it be implimented or, we missed the boat ...
    It's already active on the PTR, but it's not an "8% average buff", people just don't understand how numbers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Except it's not an 8-10% buff, it's an 8% buff to some of our ability damage, which does not make up the complete sum of our damage.

Bloodthirst, Execute, Raging Blow, Rampage, and Furious Slash are all being buffed by 8%, and Odyn's Fury by a ~13%, however those abilities don't make up the sum total of Fury's damage, so it's hardly an 8% buff in the end. Most notably, auto-attack damage, which makes up ~20% of Fury's single target damage, is not being buffed.

• Bloodthirst only makes up about 8.5% of our single target damage (less on shorter fights which are weighted toward Pots/OF burst). Increasing that damage by 8% only ends up buffing our total damage by ~0.68%.
    • Execute makes up (on an Ursoc length fight with Massacre) ~17.5% of our damage. Buffing that by 8% equates to an extra ~1.4%.
    • Rampage is a similar ~16% (combined) damage, and so gains an extra 1.28
    • Raging Blow is the most sizable at ~20% of our damage, allowing an 8% buff to gain ~1.6% more overall damage.
    • Odyn's Fury's direct damage (note the DoT damage is not being buffed) makes up ~5% of total damage, increasing our overall by ~0.4%.
    • Furious Slash is still trivial at a mere 2% total damage, and so its increase is a mere 0.16% increase.
    *Note: numbers are not 100% accurate, only meant to give a quick overview of how individual ability damage makes up increments of the whole.

Grand total? Fury gains about 5.52% overall damage. Certainly nothing to complain about, but a far cry from the 8-10% it may seem to be at first glance.

So looking forward to those mechanical changes, do appreciate the 5% buff but that will not cut it
    Realizing now how bad these mechanism is. Having no correct description words for Rampage (what bothers me the most cos it eats 2 gcd)

The slightest change to rampage could make it better for example add a debuff or stacking bleed, actually something rewarding then just a medium/low dmg rage dump that comes with enrage out of pity

I am at a stage where my alts will be my safety net if things do not progress
    My issue with fury now that it does not reward me after pushing the right rotation and executing abilities properly, where other classes noticeably do

Will not even begin to talk about talents what a mess

yeah i'm aware this is not 8 % flat, i just said it like this because didn't see anything about this in the last patch note, but if it's already live on the ptr, it's good... not what i expected, but i'll live with it,
    At least they looked at our survivability, and are aware of the situation...
    now they need to realise our golden talent are all ''trash'' and the proc should be tune up... and juggernault should have a cap and a have a higher dmg per buff

Quote Originally Posted by Trmp View Post
    So looking forward to those mechanical changes, do appreciate the 5% buff but that will not cut it
    Realizing now how bad these mechanism is. Having no correct description words for Rampage (what bothers me the most cos it eats 2 gcd)

The slightest change to rampage could make it better for example add a debuff or stacking bleed, actually something rewarding then just a medium/low dmg rage dump that comes with enrage out of pity
    Not sure you've got all that right.

Rampage does about the same damage as IR-RB and Execute sans Juggernaut, so it certainly isn't medium/low damage, and its Enrage activation isn't pity by any means, it's the cornerstone of the spec (a design which I fought to have implemented, you're welcome!). Additionally, it doesn't eat 2 GCDs, it eats 1 + a few extra tenths of a second; certainly annoying, certainly unnecessary, but hardly crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not sure you've got all that right.

Rampage does about the same damage as IR-RB and Execute sans Juggernaut, so it certainly isn't medium/low damage, and its Enrage activation isn't pity by any means, it's the cornerstone of the spec (a design which I fought to have implemented, you're welcome!). Additionally, it doesn't eat 2 GCDs, it eats 1 + a few extra tenths of a second; certainly annoying, certainly unnecessary, but hardly crippling.
    You are probably right, it bugs me that spending so much rage and kinda expecting that BOOM effect where i end up disappointed. However do see that this is how you described our cornerstone in the fury spec still wish that this did something more

What are your thoughts about extendable enrage time? Successful Bloodthirst crit + Rampage applies/extend the duration of active Enrage

What if Rampage also left a bleed effect on target (possibly even stackable)
    What if Rampage has a chance to activate and add a stack of a ability

Quote Originally Posted by Trmp View Post
    What are your thoughts about extendable enrage time? Successful Bloodthirst crit + Rampage applies/extend the duration of active Enrage

What if Rampage also left a bleed effect on target (possibly even stackable)
    What if Rampage has a chance to activate and add a stack of a ability
    - I don't think extending Enrage is necessary, Haste essentially does this already. The only place I think it might be useful would be during the Execute phase (Endless Rage would be great there), but Massacre, for all its other faults, already covers this.

- A bleed would be the same as just increasing the direct damage of Rampage, not sure it's necessary. If damage is the issue, it can just be tuned accordingly.
    - I don't think there are any abilities which Rampage could activate? All of our abilities are already rotational with a low cooldown, and I don't think Fury really needs any more.

I'm not sure why it's necessary to give Rampage another effect, it's already got a very important one in enabling Enrage. Don't worry so much about just dealing damage, try to assess what hole or flaw the rotation has and how to fix it. Fury certainly has some, but doing something simple like adding Trauma to Rampage wouldn't fix them.

Deleted
    what about rage of valajar golden trait? that is just abysmal procs once a fight at idiotic moments. it does less dmg then my fisbrul special food.

3 minute fight duration. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/w1JzLDyFhMvAY6XB#fight=7&type=damage-done

- - - Updated - - -
    I don't read russian or whatever that is so can someone answer what is his 3rd highest damaging ability that was cast once for 9.45m damage?

warcraftlogs/reports/w1JzLDyFhMvAY6XB#fight=7&type=damage-done
    I don't speak russian or whatever that is, but can someone tell me what is his third most damaging ability that was cast once for 9.45m?

Edit: NVM I figured it out it was Potion of the Old War. Can anyone explain how he got so much damage out of that one potion? I'd like to replicate that in my raids.
    Last edited by jessegreathouse; 2016-10-20 at 06:38 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jessegreathouse View Post
    I don't speak russian or whatever that is, but can someone tell me what is his third most damaging ability that was cast once for 9.45m?

Edit: NVM I figured it out it was Potion of the Old War. Can anyone explain how he got so much damage out of that one potion? I'd like to replicate that in my raids.
    He actually used it twice. Once at the beginning and once during execute phase. 3 minutes so a pretty short fight which leads to higher percentage of uptime and in return a higher percentage of damage for that buff.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    3 minute fight duration. lol
    As are all top parsing Ursoc logs. And shorter fights generally benefit fury less than other classes since juggernaut can't stack as high. I'd give arms a significant edge vs fury still, but that's because it's got an edge on just about everyone. Fury is competitive already and will probably be within spitting distance of arms after the incoming buffs while having better AoE to boot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Fury are as low as they are because they have literally no logs on some bosses. Just check Xavius and Cenarius.

no reason to get insulting.

I am out.
    Good, you shouldn't have been in here spreading your ignorance in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    Fury are as low as they are because they have literally no logs on some bosses. Just check Xavius and Cenarius.
    That isn't quite true, but if you look at Heroic or Normal, they really aren't very much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    Guess not having logs is even more symptomatic of being a shit spec that having low ones.