Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    There is no haste softcap, and certainly not at 22%. Why did you think that if you don't mind me asking?
    The Icy-Veins guide states that you should get around 20-22% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alodia View Post
    The Icy-Veins guide states that you should get around 20-22% haste.
    It doesn't state it as a cap or a breakpoint; It's general advice in a limited guide that won't steer you too far wrong. And even then it doesn't say 22%, it says 20-22% which it wouldn't if it were an actual cap or breakpoint because that's not how they work.

The benefit you get from haste varies according to your talents, the relative strength of other stats, how you use your abilities, what type of fight you're doing (uninterrupted single target damage, cleave on the move, short duration single target burst, etc.), the traits you have on your Ashbringer, your reactability in game and your latency. So how can there be a universal figure for you?

It doesn't state it as a cap or a breakpoint; It's general advice in a limited guide that won't steer you too far wrong. And even then it doesn't say 22%, it says 20-22% which it wouldn't if it were an actual cap or breakpoint because that's not how they work.

The benefit you get from haste varies according to your talents, the relative strength of other stats, how you use your abilities, what type of fight you're doing (uninterrupted single target damage, cleave on the move, short duration single target burst, etc.), the traits you have on your Ashbringer, your reactability in game and your latency. So how can there be a universal figure for you?
    Then according to the standart talents etc how much is the cap?

Deleted

Okay, let's say I'm doing M+ only, is there a general guide line that I can follow? Should I change something about my stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassell View Post
    Then according to the standart talents etc how much is the cap?
    There isn't one. Haste bounces up and down like a Mexican Jumping Bean on crack. It's strongly advised not to belt over 30% and the reason for aiming rather lower is that the higher end of haste actually becomes a burden during Crusade, especially with Heroism firing as well - and these tend to be the most important periods of a raid boss fight. You should have as much haste as allows you to be comfortable with your rotation, and then be lead by your personal stat weights in favouring crit and/or versatility.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, let's say I'm doing M+ only, is there a general guide line that I can follow? Should I change something about my stats?
    For dungeons, haste is generally more useful than on raid bosses because the most important aspects of those runs are not necessarily conducted under Crusade conditions. Higher haste means more HP generated, means more Divine Storms. Try simming yourself with hectic add cleave on short duration (with and without using Avenging Wrath) to see.

Hey guys.. so I'm finally sort of at the point where I decently okay with my stats but I'm falling very, very short of where I'm simming. Can someone go through my heroic logs and tell me areas I should focus on improving on?
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/pDWJAj87wa2PvHVN/

I took out the .'s in the address because I can't post links yet!

Things to note:
    1. My Paladin is an alt turned main, so I'm a bit behind on AP. Still haven't unlocked 2nd gold.
    2. On some of the fights I died toward the end or some way through. Our primary healers were sick so we had pug healers. I ended up dying to mechanics such as flower standing on dragons, or 40~ stack debuff on cenarious (ran out of cleanse puddles) The two fights I'm most concerned about are Nyth and Ursoc because they're the best representation of single target DPS afaik.
    3. I don't have satyr yet because I don't want to invest that gold for an 840 neck.

hey guys,

Yesterday I got some drops and had to redo my stats. Finally got legendary as well, yeee, but then the worst one for raiding, booo.

Anyway I did a simulation with simulationcraft and it showed me haste as the worst stat giving me minimum dps increase i think it was 1, where mastery was 5 and strength was 9. It also suggested I should gear for versality now as its almost equal str, slightly better than crit.
    Then I did the same thing on mr robot sim and it told me to get moar haste.

Currently sitting on 26% crit, 24% haste ( need to re-gem to crit/versality?? ) , mastery 30%, versality ~3%.

net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Urwena/simple

Advise?

Deleted
    For dungeons, haste is generally more useful than on raid bosses because the most important aspects of those runs are not necessarily conducted under Crusade conditions. Higher haste means more HP generated, means more Divine Storms. Try simming yourself with hectic add cleave on short duration (with and without using Avenging Wrath) to see.
    Thanks for the explanation. What would be a typical M+ situation to sim? HecticAddCleave, 60s fight duration and 3-4 mobs?

Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on Versatility? Does it have a certain cap and how much should we prioritize stacking up some versatility.

I've noticed some Rets gemming/enchanting with Versatility (probably to remove some unnecessary haste/crit they have.
    Also going for Virtue's Blade with +28% crit seems to be working, thoughts?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Thanks for the explanation. What would be a typical M+ situation to sim? HecticAddCleave, 60s fight duration and 3-4 mobs?
    If you do it for 60 seconds, tell it not to pop cooldowns. If you want to do it for a two minute duration, you probably can. It would be hectic add cleave though, yes. Adjust the number of mobs and make them dungeon type. Also tell it not to use potions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on Versatility? Does it have a certain cap and how much should we prioritize stacking up some versatility.

I've noticed some Rets gemming/enchanting with Versatility (probably to remove some unnecessary haste/crit they have.
    Also going for Virtue's Blade with +28% crit seems to be working, thoughts?

Thanks.
    Topping up with Versatility is mostly because you don't naturally get very much on gear from raids. As such, it falls behind quite a lot. For raid progress, however, you need to bear in mind that on a really tough progress boss, you're likely to have +1000 Versatility from the rune.

Topping up with Versatility is mostly because you don't naturally get very much on gear from raids. As such, it falls behind quite a lot. For raid progress, however, you need to bear in mind that on a really tough progress boss, you're likely to have +1000 Versatility from the rune.
    I've used a rune before on Mythic, but I'd like to keep some Versatility since it's a pure increase in damage done by (x)%.
    I'm only at like 3% Versatility right now which imo is very low, but how much Versatility should I stack? and should I remove other stats to increase it as well?

DPS Feedback Wanted

It is OK. I am a grown adult, I can take it;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...LJWpAR#fight=1

Obviously gear is always something to be improved. I haven't gotten a solid upgrade in a while, luck of the roll, not much I can do there, but as always, being worked on.

I tried swapping a few talents here and here to try and squeeze extra DPS here and there, but it all rounds out to about the same.

I'm all ears. Let me have it.

Deleted
    Hey ! Need some help with my trinkets.

Equiped : Hunger of the pack 840 ilvl + socket (crit) and Horn of valor 845 ilvl
    In my bags : Spiked Counterweight 850 ilvl + socket / Chaos Talisman 835 ilvl / Memento of Angerboda 850 ilvl / Ursoc's rending Paw 850 ilvl

I'm sitting at 31% crit / 27% haste / 19% mastery

What should i aim and equip ?

Here is my armory : eu.battle.net[-----]/wow/fr/character/hyjal/Zepsya/simple (can't post links atm)

Hello there

I'd very much appreciate it if you could check out my logs and armory and give me tips on how to improve?
    Here are the steps I have taken to improve things on my own: I regularly simulate my character both with simulation craft, as well as ask mr robot. I use the pawn addon as well to help me gear, but not blindly.
    Logs:
    warcraftlogs : /rankings/character/16373852/latest

Armory:
    eu battle net : /wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Dau/simple (The blue ring sims as the best I currently have in my bags, tho I do have a few epics from heroic and normal EN)

I feel like I should be doing more dps in my item level bracket. But I am a bit at a loss how to effectively continue improving (apart from getting an improved ring over the blue one :P).

My DPS has improved dramatically after some advice on here. I parsed 95 percentile, 430k dps on Mythic Ursoc this week. I also rotated Shield of Vengeance and the physical damage reduction talent per charge.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ittle/advanced

However, I was using Virtue's Blades and Old War pots. I think that the new Blades of Wrath talent is better than VB, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have an opinion on VB vs BoW after the change? Also, what situations would Prolonged Power be better/worse than Old War?

Also, is there a good list of BiS trinkets by item level? I have an 865 Faulty Countermeasures and 850 Angerboda, and I'm not sure what I can do to upgrade my Angerboda. I have an 840 Chaos Talisman with a haste gem, I have an 865 Nature's Call (it looks awful still after buff), 850 Ursoc's Rending Paw, an 835 Swarming Plaguehive, an 845 str/crit stat stick with a haste gem. Would the Mythic Rending paw or heroic/mythic Plaguehive be an upgrade over the Angerboda?

The last thing is, what's the neck enchant supposed to be? I have Mark of the Claw, but Icy Veins changed their recommendation to Hidden Satyr. Should I switch it to Hidden Satyr?
    Last edited by MFDOOM; 2016-10-30 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post

However, I was using Virtue's Blades and Old War pots. I think that the new Blades of Wrath talent is better than VB, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have an opinion on VB vs BoW after the change? Also, what situations would Prolonged Power be better/worse than Old War?
    Virtue's Blade benefits more from crit and Blade of Wrath benefits more from haste. But it's a balance of stats that determines which is best for you on single target so you have to sim it for your own character and keep doing so each week or after major upgrades.

The conditions under which prolonged power pots are better are when you're running low on gold.

Deleted
    Could use some help.

www warcraftlogs com/reports/FKhX3vm7PJ4Lxwz2#type=damage-done&graphperf=1&fight=30&source=3

eu battle net/ wow/ en/ character/outland/Elpirato/simple

Feeling that I'm not pushing close to what I should be doing. Any advice would be nice. Felt like I had the rotation down until the Blade of Wrath change, now I'm not sure at all anymore.

Thanks in advance!

My DPS has improved dramatically after some advice on here. I parsed 95 percentile, 430k dps on Mythic Ursoc this week. I also rotated Shield of Vengeance and the physical damage reduction talent per charge.

Also, is there a good list of BiS trinkets by item level? I have an 865 Faulty Countermeasures and 850 Angerboda, and I'm not sure what I can do to upgrade my Angerboda. I have an 840 Chaos Talisman with a haste gem, I have an 865 Nature's Call (it looks awful still after buff), 850 Ursoc's Rending Paw, an 835 Swarming Plaguehive, an 845 str/crit stat stick with a haste gem. Would the Mythic Rending paw or heroic/mythic Plaguehive be an upgrade over the Angerboda?

The last thing is, what's the neck enchant supposed to be? I have Mark of the Claw, but Icy Veins changed their recommendation to Hidden Satyr. Should I switch it to Hidden Satyr?

First, talent choice. I was told by a world top 20 pally, to use VB at ~30% crit (before 7.1) after simming multiple builds and stat changes this still seemed to be true. Would need to sim yourself to be sure though
    Trinkets, again depends on gear, need to run Sims, but for me personally an 850 angerboda performs 5k dps better than a 885 natures call, and I think 4k dps better than a Rending paw with ilvl equal to angerboda (850)

Neck enchant is hidden Satyr on top ranked rets, has been since I rerolled ret at least, may be longer

Hey MFDOOM, glad to see you doing well.

1- Talents: You have over 30% crit, go with VB.

2- On-Use Trinket: There is nothing that can beat FCM at this moment. Not from Emerald Nightmare, or Trial of Valor, or Kara. I am however interested in one trinket from Night Hold wich is Draught of Souls (Guldan drop). What if you get 15 stacks of crusade then pop this trinket, will the use effect do more dmg than the brittle (keep in mind that you will also be locked for 3sec)? Even if the answer is yes its still way to early to consider having this trinket since its from the last boss from an unreleased raid.

So the only thing you can replace your current FCM is a higher ilvl FCM/Horn of Valor.

3-Equip Trinket: Its usually the highest ilvl stat stick you have. However, Ursoc Paw and Nature's Call perform badly on the sims against other trinket of same ilvl. In your case you will be using the 850 Angerboda. For now keep running M+ and pray for a 855+ stat stick, you have tons of options here.

4-Neck Enchant Hidden Satyr all the way.

5-Potions: Do I go for Old War or Prolonged Power? This has been the golden question for so many classes ever since 7.1 came out.
    To get a definite answer we need to wait for the updated Sim app and find out exactly what the numbers are.
    However, below are my thoughts on the matter.

The problem with Old War is that it lasts 24 sec, it doesn't even cover the whole Crusade duration.
    Now lets talk about pre-potting on pull. When you do that you loose about 1-2 sec because you need to pop it before the tank pulls. Then as a melee you need to run to the boss so thats another 1-2 sec wasted moving.
    Now you reached the boss, poped Crusade, then spent about 8 sec to get 10+ stacks to finally get meaningful procs from Old War ghost.

By that time the Old War pot duration is halfway over and you barley got any bang from it.
    In the Case of Prolonged Power, you pop it few sec pre-pull, run to the boss and still have it until Crusade ends.

If the Sim say Old War adds about the same dmg as Prolonged Power then we will always use Prolonged Power on pull.
    However, if one potion pulls ahead of the other by a big margin then thats what we gonna use on the pre-pull and during Lust/Hero.

One tip for using Old War. Dont macro it with Crusade. Again this is because of the Duration. Pop Crusade, wait until it has 24 sec left then pop Old War.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elpirato View Post
    Could use some help.

www warcraftlogs com/reports/FKhX3vm7PJ4Lxwz2#type=damage-done&graphperf=1&fight=30&source=3

eu battle net/ wow/ en/ character/outland/Elpirato/simple

Feeling that I'm not pushing close to what I should be doing. Any advice would be nice. Felt like I had the rotation down until the Blade of Wrath change, now I'm not sure at all anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    I have checked the logs and noticed the following:

1- Fight duration is 7.30 min, you died around the 7 min mark. Thats 30 sec of you not doing any dmg. If you stayed alive until the end your DPS would be around 280k.

2- You used one single DS. Basically you have not taken advantage of all the free AoE dmg. Every time Nythndra screams you will get 4-6 MCed players. Right before she screams you need to be on the marked zone (where players with 10+ rot stacks gather). The moment they get MCed you use DS and if you are fast enough you can generate HP and use a second DS.

DS should count for 5-6% of your total dmg on Nythendra. In your case it was almost Zero.

3- Have you guys used Hero? It does not show on the graph. This can be a bugg. however, in the case that the raid didnt actually lust, well thats another area where you can get dmg from next time.

4- You are holding WoA too long, try to use it as soon as it pops. Using it while having 1HP is ok aswell.
    Last edited by Kisuke42; 2016-10-31 at 06:11 AM.

Virtue's Blade benefits more from crit and Blade of Wrath benefits more from haste. But it's a balance of stats that determines which is best for you on single target so you have to sim it for your own character and keep doing so each week or after major upgrades.

The conditions under which prolonged power pots are better are when you're running low on gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verf View Post
    First, talent choice. I was told by a world top 20 pally, to use VB at ~30% crit (before 7.1) after simming multiple builds and stat changes this still seemed to be true. Would need to sim yourself to be sure though
    Trinkets, again depends on gear, need to run Sims, but for me personally an 850 angerboda performs 5k dps better than a 885 natures call, and I think 4k dps better than a Rending paw with ilvl equal to angerboda (850)

Neck enchant is hidden Satyr on top ranked rets, has been since I rerolled ret at least, may be longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Hey MFDOOM, glad to see you doing well.

1- Talents: You have over 30% crit, go with VB.

2- On-Use Trinket: There is nothing that can beat FCM at this moment. Not from Emerald Nightmare, or Trial of Valor, or Kara. I am however interested in one trinket from Night Hold wich is Draught of Souls (Guldan drop). What if you get 15 stacks of crusade then pop this trinket, will the use effect do more dmg than the brittle (keep in mind that you will also be locked for 3sec)? Even if the answer is yes its still way to early to consider having this trinket since its from the last boss from an unreleased raid.

So the only thing you can replace your current FCM is a higher ilvl FCM/Horn of Valor.

3-Equip Trinket: Its usually the highest ilvl stat stick you have. However, Ursoc Paw and Nature's Call perform badly on the sims against other trinket of same ilvl. In your case you will be using the 850 Angerboda. For now keep running M+ and pray for a 855+ stat stick, you have tons of options here.

4-Neck Enchant Hidden Satyr all the way.

5-Potions: Do I go for Old War or Prolonged Power? This has been the golden question for so many classes ever since 7.1 came out.
    To get a definite answer we need to wait for the updated Sim app and find out exactly what the numbers are.
    However, below are my thoughts on the matter.

The problem with Old War is that it lasts 24 sec, it doesn't even cover the whole Crusade duration.
    Now lets talk about pre-potting on pull. When you do that you loose about 1-2 sec because you need to pop it before the tank pulls. Then as a melee you need to run to the boss so thats another 1-2 sec wasted moving.
    Now you reached the boss, poped Crusade, then spent about 8 sec to get 10+ stacks to finally get meaningful procs from Old War ghost.

By that time the Old War pot duration is halfway over and you barley got any bang from it.
    In the Case of Prolonged Power, you pop it few sec pre-pull, run to the boss and still have it until Crusade ends.

If the Sim say Old War adds about the same dmg as Prolonged Power then we will always use Prolonged Power on pull.
    However, if one potion pulls ahead of the other by a big margin then thats what we gonna use on the pre-pull and during Lust/Hero.

One tip for using Old War. Dont macro it with Crusade. Again this is because of the Duration. Pop Crusade, wait until it has 24 sec left then pop Old War.
    Thanks guys! Glad we could clear up the new BoW < VB with 30% crit, Old War > Prolonged in most cases. I'm just going to keep doing Maw of Souls for a better Angerboda, or maybe hope someone in my guild gives me a Plaguehive. Maybe I'll run Court/Arc for the Versatility proc set, Chrono Shard and a better onhit ring.

It feels pretty bad that I've had Mark of the Claw this entire time. The old Ret guide on Icy Veins led me super astray. It used to advocate using Deadly Grace, which was just straight up weird.

I really like the heads up about not popping Old War immediately. That makes a lot of sense, using it when Crusade builds up more stacks over its duration so that I get the better part of the Crusade/Brittle to proc with Old War. I'll have to look into Prolonged vs Old War, but I feel like Old War will be better just because of how well it interacts with Crusade.