Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Very nice. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that you had JR up almost 70% of the fight with most of that being 2-buffs, though, but even so, that's a fairly impressive amount of Blunderbuss damage.

On another note, must be great to have legendaries that affect st DPS, eh.
    true bearing actually increases the proportional damage of blunderbuff/pistol shot the most, not jolly roger.

and yes, it feels nice to have those legendaries. the ring is just great for damage, but i wouldnt trade the bracers for anything. they are just so much fun in how they change your rotation and seeing blunderbuss crit for 2mil+ feels amazing. thats what outlaw rogue is supposed to feel like, draw your gun, hear a bang and see some fat crits, not 70k hits.

my ST damage is actually very competitive but i feel like its only possible with those 2 legendaries. without them i would have specced assassination long ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
    true bearing actually increases the proportional damage of blunderbuff/pistol shot the most, not jolly roger.

and yes, it feels nice to have those legendaries. the ring is just great for damage, but i wouldnt trade the bracers for anything. they are just so much fun in how they change your rotation and seeing blunderbuss crit for 2mil+ feels amazing. thats what outlaw rogue is supposed to feel like, draw your gun, hear a bang and see some fat crits, not 70k hits.

my ST damage is actually very competitive but i feel like its only possible with those 2 legendaries. without them i would have specced assassination long ago.
    I meant that the high uptime on JR means more SS-procs, meaning for free pistol shots that can turn into Blunderbuss, hence BB being such a large amount of your damage, but yea, it just dawned on me that TB just compounds on top of that, jeez....
    I have the gloves only, and, well, I have no chance of keeping up with assa on ST, which is frankly quite sad.

What's insane to me is that blunderbuss crit with those bracers can actually match RT dmg x.x

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you do realize the nerfs before have amounted to about 6-8% too right?
    If you think the RT nerf + Fatebringer nerf was only 6-8% you're insane. Not to mention 10% to combo point generators would in no world equal those 2 nerfs that we got.

Deleted
    Whats the situation with swordsmaster vs quick draw? Thought QD was better barely (or equal), but swordsmaster is mentioned more and more here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    If you think the RT nerf + Fatebringer nerf was only 6-8% you're insane. Not to mention 10% to combo point generators would in no world equal those 2 nerfs that we got.
    well RT was roughly a ~4% nerf even if you double that for fatebringer it's only 8%

well RT was roughly a ~4% nerf even if you double that for fatebringer it's only 8%
    You are ignoring that it also nerfed likely all 3 relics the outlaw rogue was using, which is 3/5ths of the nerf.

My point was, no way in hell does the 10% buff to combo point generators equal RT/fatebringer nerf.

Thoughts on first row? stay ghostly strike or is Quick draw stronger now?

Deleted
    okay coming back from some first day testing. did a normal EN run to analyze the damage and casually got 514k dps on nythendra.

the buffs are MUCH stronger than i thought, but thats because they stealth buffed insignia of ravenholdt randomly. it used to have a 5% crit chance, now it looks like it scales with your crit. that increases the damage from insignia by almost half, while it already got increased by the CP generator buffs.

i'd say this puts outlaw rogues on the same level as assassins IF you have both BiS legendaries, slightly below if you only have the ring.

514k nythendra log here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

got #1 elerethe afterwards with almost 480k dps as well but nobody logged it sadly http://i.imgur.com/ZEsZmSt.jpg

Yeah, I'm almost afraid there's some unintentional buffs in there. Our outlaw rogue (who powered through the recent weeks) was really happy and said outlaw damage is good again. Looking over the buffs and only twinking the class I thought that was weird, should this do that much difference? I guess it should.

Deleted
    also outlaw rogues profit more from the new potions IMO, since your burst phase isnt as strong as most classes and you only start doing damage once you have good buffs. with the new potions you are guaranteed a 10% damage increase once you get your buffs and can start bursting then.

i'm not sure if the insignia buff was intentional or unintentional. it was really weak for outlaw before compared to assa and sub, now its on the same level.

if they dont change the insignia back i will continue staying outlaw for all fights instead of respecing to assassination for most.

i almost feel guilty about how much more i profited from the buffs compared to most outlaw rogues though. the bracers and ring really seem to be mandatory to be competitive as an outlaw rogue.

Guess its true, if you're outlaw and have the bracers/ring your damage is insane with these buffs. He had to roll 4 times before getting a 2 buff, then another 2 times to get another 2 buff, got a 6 buff directly after that, then spent the rest of the time trying to reroll before giving up on a single siw to finish the fight. I've had fights with way better rolls than that and not break 400k lol. Wtb legendaries.

Deleted
    Guess its true, if you're outlaw and have the bracers/ring your damage is insane with these buffs. He had to roll 4 times before getting a 2 buff, then another 2 times to get another 2 buff, got a 6 buff directly after that, then spent the rest of the time trying to reroll before giving up on a single siw to finish the fight. I've had fights with way better rolls than that and not break 400k lol. Wtb legendaries.
    yea i actually rerolled too much at the end, got nervous. should have taken the random 1 buff sooner since the boss was about to die anyway. when i saw the 6 buff i knew this was gonna be a potential #1 parse.

My point was, no way in hell does the 10% buff to combo point generators equal RT/fatebringer nerf.
    i didnt say it does
    nor do i think it should
    outlaw should be good enough that it's the clear winner in certain fights, but it should not be the best ST spec of rogues, that'd be dumb

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Earll View Post
    You are ignoring that it also nerfed likely all 3 relics the outlaw rogue was using, which is 3/5ths of the nerf.
    im not ignoring, i was counting that 4% with 2 RT relics

with 2 relics it went from 140% to 130% that's a ~8% decrease counting RT as 50% of our dmg (and it was more like 45) that's a 4% dmg nerf
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-26 at 06:55 PM.

okay coming back from some first day testing. did a normal EN run to analyze the damage and casually got 514k dps on nythendra.

the buffs are MUCH stronger than i thought, but thats because they stealth buffed insignia of ravenholdt randomly. it used to have a 5% crit chance, now it looks like it scales with your crit. that increases the damage from insignia by almost half, while it already got increased by the CP generator buffs.

i'd say this puts outlaw rogues on the same level as assassins IF you have both BiS legendaries, slightly below if you only have the ring.

514k nythendra log here:

got #1 elerethe afterwards with almost 480k dps as well but nobody logged it sadly ]
    holy crap..probably gonna get outlaw nerfed again
    and those of us without those legys get double fucked

i didnt say it does
    nor do i think it should
    outlaw should be good enough that it's the clear winner in certain fights, but it should not be the best ST spec of rogues, that'd be dumb

- - - Updated - - -
    Why would that be dumb?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Why would that be dumb?
    Cause it already has by far best AoE tools, if outlaw is best ST than it becoms automaticly the only viable spec for rogues thanks to BF...

also outlaw rogues profit more from the new potions IMO, since your burst phase isnt as strong as most classes and you only start doing damage once you have good buffs. with the new potions you are guaranteed a 10% damage increase once you get your buffs and can start bursting then.

i'm not sure if the insignia buff was intentional or unintentional. it was really weak for outlaw before compared to assa and sub, now its on the same level.

if they dont change the insignia back i will continue staying outlaw for all fights instead of respecing to assassination for most.

i almost feel guilty about how much more i profited from the buffs compared to most outlaw rogues though. the bracers and ring really seem to be mandatory to be competitive as an outlaw rogue.
    Nice log mate! I just got the bracers last night. Are you using BtE on CD with 5+ CB points?

Cap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Why would that be dumb?
    Because he and this entire forum is stuck forever in the past year, WoW = HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Cause it already has by far best AoE tools, if outlaw is best ST than it becoms automaticly the only viable spec for rogues thanks to BF...
    Fire mages are superior to frost and arcane in both ST and AoE
    MM Hunters are superior to BM and survival in both ST and AoE
    Warlocks - I am not sure about, but last i checked - it was between demo and destro.

Apparently it's not an issue for other classes, yet it is an issue for rogues, why?

Is it not better to do your best to balance all specs to perform the same in both scenarios rather than make one good for one thing and the other one good for the other?