Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Necrotic affix is too strong

This affix is ridiculous. Everytime this affix comes out even the higher tier players are avoiding 7+ keys if possible unless its MoS. The thing that is most annoying too is you have elitist that are most likely DPS players that will say "na its ezpz i did +10 first day" not seeing the healer/tanks PoV of us breaking our backs to deal with this debuff going oom after every single pack. Can't even heal anyone else because you have to constantly spam heals on the tank so when someone dies because you literally can't heal them or the tank will die it irritates the hell out of me.

I think the concept of it is great but it should have some sort of cap or a slower stack rate having the tank run around like a clown is not a good playstyle and i can't imagine how casual players are handling this shit

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing i hate about necrotic is how unfair it is to some tanks than others

bears give almost no fuck about necrotic since their active mitigation is +armor while blood dk gets totally fucked with it not just due the healing reduction complete removing their mitigation but also the damaging dot of it destroyin their bone shield

i also find kiting half of the trash in higher m+ not really that enganging
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2016-11-02 at 07:27 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No doubt its a hard affix and it makes certain bosses a pita (2nd boss in votw says hi) but I really think part of the difficulty is peoples inability to adapt to the affix.

Boomkins with treants are amazing. Vortex, slows, stuns and kiting. Priests can position well and grip the tank away who can then kite slowed mobs. Plate classes can taunt (and some leather) because even at high levels trash doesn't come close to one shotting. You need to look at the tools you have available and come up with a strat instead of crying about it.

Anyway, its bolstering / skittish on EU. Jelly much :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

bears give almost no fuck about necrotic since their active mitigation is +armor while blood dk gets totally fucked with it not just due the healing reduction complete removing their mitigation but also the damaging dot of it destroyin their bone shield
    I completely forgot about this point thanks for bringing it up. Blood DK pretty much just go OS for Necrotic week they are not viable its just not worth the extra amounts of stress when you can just get a bear like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No doubt its a hard affix and it makes certain bosses a pita (2nd boss in votw says hi) but I really think part of the difficulty is peoples inability to adapt to the affix.

Boomkins with treants are amazing. Vortex, slows, stuns and kiting. Priests can position well and grip the tank away who can then kite slowed mobs. Plate classes can taunt (and some leather) because even at high levels trash doesn't come close to one shotting. You need to look at the tools you have available and come up with a strat instead of crying about it.

Anyway, its bolstering / skittish on EU. Jelly much :P
    If you think people should be forced to pick certain classes during affixes because other classes aren't viable then I feel sorry for you. Putting classes completely out of a dungeon is not healthy for the game...Not even sure how you can possibly think that unless you are the guild master of a 100 man mythic guild and can hand select what you want to run your m+ with. Like really think about what you're saying...

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    If you think people should be forced to pick certain classes during affixes because other classes aren't viable then I feel sorry for you. Putting classes completely out of a dungeon is not healthy for the game...Not even sure how you can possibly think that unless you are the guild master of a 100 man mythic guild and can hand select what you want to run your m+ with. Like really think about what you're saying...
    Not sure where you learnt to read but nowhere did I say people should be forced to pick certain classes. I said you should look at the tools you have available and work around them.

Deleted

i also find kiting half of the trash in higher m+ not really that enganging
    get legendary cloak - and say whats necrotic.

learn to kite. use tightening grasp and Wraith walk.

if affix was removed it would be super boring to do mythic+

[QUOTE=JonBeMerkin;43072310]I completely forgot about this point thanks for bringing it up. Blood DK pretty much just go OS for Necrotic week they are not viable its just not worth the extra amounts of stress when you can just get a bear like you said.

you must be kidding right. I've a druid with AK level of 13, which i no longer raid on and could go guardian anytime, but i prefer my newly leveled death knight more than guardian, because of how strong death knights are. You are not meant to fking pull then turn your brain off. Necrotic is not an issue for death knights, its an excuse for bad tanks when they suck at it, use anti magic shield, and kite..

Deleted
    This affix is ridiculous. Everytime this affix comes out even the higher tier players are avoiding 7+ keys if possible unless its MoS. The thing that is most annoying too is you have elitist that are most likely DPS players that will say "na its ezpz i did +10 first day" not seeing the healer/tanks PoV of us breaking our backs to deal with this debuff going oom after every single pack. Can't even heal anyone else because you have to constantly spam heals on the tank so when someone dies because you literally can't heal them or the tank will die it irritates the hell out of me.

I think the concept of it is great but it should have some sort of cap or a slower stack rate having the tank run around like a clown is not a good playstyle and i can't imagine how casual players are handling this shit
    The thing is, if you wanna push timers on the higher keys you have got to treat it like challenge modes. You are supposed to be going oom on trash packs and drinking after every pack, especially if you wanna push chests.

I don't think the higher mythic + keys were intended for casual players. The tank needs to learn to kite, what's so wrong about that? Come on man, you can't just walk into harder content and expect to stand there and press 2 buttons and win.

Mythic + were designed as an alternative to raising for people who don't have the time to raid. The higher the key you do, the higher the skill cap I.e more dps req, more mechanics to avoid, more things to interrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    get legendary cloak - and say whats necrotic.

learn to kite. use tightening grasp and Wraith walk.

if affix was removed it would be super boring to do mythic+ .
    i know how to deal with necrotic, its still unfair compared to bears where their mitigation is untouched while blood mitigation is completly gone, everythin about blood is an absorb or heal except icebound which is on a 3min cd

i literally said in my post that i find kiting not that enganging and then you tell me i should learn to kite, wat
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Never realized that people struggled with it, but that's probably because I always heal as holy and my tank is bear. But hey, I finally found the one place in game where holy is not a last/second to last choice!

Deleted
    i know how to deal with necrotic, its still unfair compared to bears where their mitigation is untouched while blood mitigation is completly gone, everythin about blood is an absorb or heal except icebound which is on a 3min cd
    Blood does not have icebound. so i don't get why its there.

nothing is unfair, its fun. blood death knight has the potential to be the strongest tanks during necrotic.

Not sure where you learnt to read but nowhere did I say people should be forced to pick certain classes. I said you should look at the tools you have available and work around them.
    You are saying classes with utility are good for the affix.This automatically nullifies classes with less utility and makes the ones with more utility more desired. Just because you didn't directly say it doesn't mean it wasn't said. Also not sure how a single taunt is going to help with 5+ adds most of what you are saying isn't even realistic. Only reliable way of dealing with it is AOE stun which most DPS don't have.

nothing is unfair, its fun. blood death knight has the potential to be the strongest tanks during necrotic.
    Yes, they do since last week. Please tell me you're a blood DK it'll be so much funnier this way.

We actually got it back in 7.1

10+ Year Old Account

blood has icebound and please tell me how blood has potential when you have literally zero controlled mitigation except a 3minute cooldown after 15stacks~

necrotic should only reduce healing taken from other sources to make it balanced
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2016-11-02 at 07:45 AM.

I agree, compared to other affixes it's way overtuned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    We actually got it back in 7.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Yes, they do since last week. Please tell me you're a blood DK it'll be so much funnier this way.
    it's an alt, picture should show what i main (balance druid) - hmm interesting.

You are saying classes with utility are good for the affix.This automatically nullifies classes with less utility and makes the ones with more utility more desired. Just because you didn't directly say it doesn't mean it wasn't said. Also not sure how a single taunt is going to help with 5+ adds most of what you are saying isn't even realistic. Only reliable way of dealing with it is AOE stun which most DPS don't have.
    Yeah which is why Paladins are the worst at it. - i would say that guardians + death knights are above others.

blood has icebound and please tell me how blood has potention when you have literally zero controlled mitigation except a 3minute cooldown after 15stacks~

hmm i'll admit i didnt see that change, but compared to paladins death kngihts are doing better.

necrotic should only reduce healing taken from other sources to make it balanced
    than it would be too easy? thats the point - i don't want mythic+ to be ruined, im thinking of quitting raiding for it. 5m content is love.

10+ Year Old Account
    than it would be too easy? thats the point - i don't want mythic+ to be ruined, im thinking of quitting raiding for it. 5m content is love.
    with too easy you mean all 5 tanks viable in m+? it sure would be easier if you could use more than 1/6th of tanks
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2016-11-02 at 07:51 AM.

All classes have utility. Certain classes will always be more desired than others, that doesn't "nullify" the other classes. This isn't a world of absolutes.

I can see we aren't getting anywhere here. You fail to look for solutions and find only problems. Carry on crying here about how unfair it is.

All classes have utility. Certain classes will always be more desired than others, that doesn't "nullify" the other classes. This isn't a world of absolutes.

I can see we aren't getting anywhere here. You fail to look for solutions and find only problems. Carry on crying here about how unfair it is.
    Nobody is crying just simply pointing out the obvious. Theres 7/7 M raiders that are constantly saying the affix is over tuned. Your first paragraph makes no sense because the exact same thing could be said about AOE dps in mythic+ dungeons we are just discussing utility and look at how better classes with AOE dps are cherry picked? You're making it seem like i'm trying to say the affix isn't doable ofc its doable its just a pain in the ass to do and it needs a nerf that is all and you are basically agreeing with me by saying well hey man it is strong but you just gotta work around it! Hah...I have worked around it several times and its not fun, period.

Deleted
    The only issue we've really faced with necrotic is on bosses and finding time to drop stacks, some bosses is pretty damn hard/not possible to get away for enough time to do so.

Having someone in your party that can taunt and tank until the debuff wears off the MT is the best way and pretty much the best class/spec at this is resto druid. As a BM hunter i went into M+ thinking, ah my pet can just taunt pop 50% dmg reduction for 12 seconds and let the stacks drop off the MT. Nope, bosses immune to pet taunts