I don't heal... i just play Ana and bitch at people for not joining me in the fray!

The 'healer' and sniper is running to punch the enemy mercy in the face.. WHY ARE YOU HIDING IN A CORNER!!!

Also love when I get a Reinhardt to back up. Pass them the boost and reduce everyone to fine rocket hammered pressed powder. Though if a match is going wouth I hop on Reinhardt and try to see how many people I can turn into wall patties. I got lucky and caught like 3 on one charge earlier. Enemy genji, Zeny, and reaper. XD soooo goooood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The past couple of days I've been thrown into rated games where no one wants to heal/tank. One game was literally 5 DPS and an Ana, a few other games were 1 tank 1 healer and the rest shitty DPS. Even when we asked, no one wanted to switch. I don't get why people play rated if they're not willing to cooperate. If you're playing rated you should be able to play at least 3-4 heroes well IMO and at least one hero from each role. The best random rated games I've been in were the ones where people actually coordinated and were flexible and willing to switch to another character when the current comp wasn't working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    The past couple of days I've been thrown into rated games where no one wants to heal/tank. One game was literally 5 DPS and an Ana, a few other games were 1 tank 1 healer and the rest shitty DPS. Even when we asked, no one wanted to switch. I don't get why people play rated if they're not willing to cooperate. If you're playing rated you should be able to play at least 3-4 heroes well IMO and at least one hero from each role. The best random rated games I've been in were the ones where people actually coordinated and were flexible and willing to switch to another character when the current comp wasn't working.
    My couple of games like that yesterday thankfully had dreadful opponents and so won very easily, well one the hard way on Volskaya; I actually got accused of being afk 500m away because I'd been singled out and killed as the only healer and they were whining for heals so lost A really fast but managed to hold B all night as someone did switch after that. I'd even told them that would happen. Otherwise 2-2-2 wasn't hard to establish but for people taking Hanzo, Torb, WM, when we really needed a Pharah or Junk.

Also had a Bastion main show up. Won first match playing with them on our side, stomped them the next two matches playing against. Did you know you can use Ana's scope to line up your Sleep from a safish distance? Interrupted their ult a couple of times too. I have come to love Sleep. Especially for Hogs.

Biggest losses though were to actual trolls, because it actually makes it hard to 'play well' to mitigate the damage because your own side is so disruptive that you're basically on your own. Worst I don't even know what was going on, half the team thought they were playing Quake, one guy switched every death - which was very frequently - and no one at any point even near an objective.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-11-03 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Biggest issue with this attitude is that it sometimes work out when the other side is equally bad (or worse) but that's a minority of the matches, it gives these people enough justification to keep on doing this shit.

Few days ago I had a similar group, me only tank and 1 person healing (had to beg people for that as well) and I managed to carry the entire team after it was clear that getting the payload to point A wasn't going to happen if I sticked to Rein (he is just to slow). I switched to D.VA and got a 38 killing streak literately carried those assholes that refused to heal or tank and one guy had the balls of asking why I didn't play Rein.

Ofc we lost since the moment we had to reach point C because the other side has the geographical advantage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Biggest losses though were to actual trolls, because it actually makes it hard to 'play well' to mitigate the damage because your own side is so disruptive that you're basically on your own. Worst I don't even know what was going on, half the team thought they were playing Quake, one guy switched every death - which was very frequently - and no one at any point even near an objective.
    Called putting out the pressure.

You can be a demi-god but if your side is asleep and doesn't focus on the objective you'r individual performans will suffer because you end up being a easy target.

This is also the reason why I dislike hero's like bastion, torjn, widow, Symn because most of the time if one side puts out a little bit of pressure these characters become easy targets.

Deleted
    dropped from 3.4k (got up there by playing ana, zen, lucio mainly) to 3k and checking my teammates the dps were almost all 40-55 last season, but they got ranked into fucking diamond by the system that blizzard admitted to be complete utter garbage. So at this point i stopped caring and i now only play genji to learn him for next season. Love the flaming so far, instantly turned off voicechat after my first game ^^ but the truth is after working hard to manage to get up there and always filling in roles if people picked retarded compositions and getting people that instalock dps they can't play and lose i decided i'd rather be one of those retards and instalock genji every game than try to carry their dumbasses and ruin my mood.

So here is to hoping that they fix the goddamn sorting system so that the majority of players doesn't fucking start in platinum and diamond again and i don't get fucking 40 something players in my team every single match, cheers.

update: i climbed 150 points with playing genji, this shit is silly i get far more points for winning with genji then for winning with zen or ana
    Last edited by mmoc2abdc2cea6; 2016-11-03 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reaallly want these skins

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    is that genji sitting between winston and hanzo?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Nana Boosting Mei with her ult is THE most hilarious/terrifying thing there is. Just did two TKs with it. Beautiful madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nana Boosting Mei with her ult is THE most hilarious/terrifying thing there is. Just did two TKs with it. Beautiful madness.
    My favorite ult reception ever was the day I was healing with Zenyatta and our Ana missed the Reinhardt.

T-T-T-T-TEAMKILLLLLLLLLL as the crazy bot headshots everyone in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My favorite ult reception ever was the day I was healing with Zenyatta and our Ana missed the Reinhardt.

I miss a lot of my Boosts, hitting Lucio and Mercys as they zip around everywhere, it's actually pretty annoying. But Mei, it's something else, the speed boost especially as nothing can escape her even if they get out of the ult I'm going to miss that.

15+ Year Old Account

I had that happen to me when I was on Mercy a couple weeks back, there was this moment of confusion - and then I just swapped to my pistol (still behind Reinhardt's shield, and started plinking the enemy Roadhog in the face, then their Dva, then their Mei - their Genji ran in but he was low from rushing through the open to our point - my ult had ended and I had swapped to my staff, but I hear his ult starting up right behind me - swing around more scared than aggressive, melee him once in the face before his ult gets going.

Play of the Game
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

[IMG]http://pre15.deviantart.net/e66c/th/pre/f/2016/231/8/f/overwatch_suits_by_einlee-daeh2ou.jpg[IMG]
    Whoever drew this is just wrong.

Winston hates/dislikes bananas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, remind me to play late nights from now on. I complain about games, but at least it's usually just bad teams or whatever.

Game 1: enemy is all Genjis. Fuck that shit, really. You're only doing it to piss everyone off. Not to mention at least two of them were talking shit the whole time.

Game 1.5: At the end of the first game, I left to try to make sure I get a different group. NOPE. End up WITH the Genji group, and they wanted to continue, so I just left.

Game 2: Get a message in chat asking me to go Lucio before the thing even loads. Turns out, there was a Mercy/Pharah duo who just wanted to be shithead not-team members. I went Zenyatta instead. Also, we ended up with no tank, and were getting killed. I eventually switched to D.va, and we immediately started doing better. We still lost.

Games 3-6 or 7: Just getting mowed over, every single game. Leaving to get another team didn't help. One of the games, healer switched off because of course they did. More people talking stupid shit. Oh, ended up in a game where people were reacting to someone who I couldn't see, because I already had them muted. Go figure. Reported a guy for making super offensive statements, like really bad. Willing to bet nothing happens to him.

What's sad is I just really wanted more experience with Zenyatta. But most of the games we already had a healer, and usually needed a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh god, remind me to play late nights from now on. I complain about games, but at least it's usually just bad teams or whatever.

Game 1: enemy is all Genjis.
    So Quickplay, then.

The best advice I can give anyone is "stop playing quickplay". Play Competitive, if you want to play to win. Don't feel like you'll be outclassed, or something; the ranking system will get you to where you should be, and you'll get more-appropriate teams (and enemies). It's not always a perfect balance, but it's WAY better than the matchmaking in Quickplay.

Plus, the systems for matches are better, in terms of time limits and such. It just feels way more balanced. Don't get turned off thinking "it's for tryhards"; I avoided Season 1 outside of a few matches when I was "in the zone", but now, there's only three reasons I'll play anything other than Competitive;

1> Shenanigans, like all-Genji comps
    2> Testing a hero I need a ton of practice on until I feel I'm at a decent baseline.
    3> When I might get called away at any second and don't want a leaver penalty hosing my competitive play.

2> Testing a hero I need a ton of practice on until I feel I'm at a decent baseline.
    3> When I might get called away at any second and don't want a leaver penalty hosing my competitive play.
    You forgot to add weekends...

10+ Year Old Account
    So Quickplay, then.

The best advice I can give anyone is "stop playing quickplay". Play Competitive, if you want to play to win. Don't feel like you'll be outclassed, or something; the ranking system will get you to where you should be, and you'll get more-appropriate teams (and enemies). It's not always a perfect balance, but it's WAY better than the matchmaking in Quickplay.

Plus, the systems for matches are better, in terms of time limits and such. It just feels way more balanced. Don't get turned off thinking "it's for tryhards"; I avoided Season 1 outside of a few matches when I was "in the zone", but now, there's only three reasons I'll play anything other than Competitive;

I can't say I actually agree with any of that. Last night reminded me of why I'd stopped playing Comp last season.

- The player base is completely obnoxious.
    - People cry and troll if someone else picks "their" hero.
    - Leavers.
    - People who literally just give up and stop fighting but don't want a leaver penalty.
    - The match making is far worse, it objectively has less data to work with and takes weeks or months to 'play out' by which point it gets reset again.
    - Too much weighting in to win/loss.
    - Not enough matches that are actually enjoyable.

I already said I don't lose much on a loss, and gain significantly more on a win. But I'm not winning the 'close' matches. I don't know what I can do to fix that on my own. It's impossible to carry on support, incredibly difficult to do so as tank, and the opportunity to dps is so rare I'm not even entirely as comfortable doing it as I should be.

If I can literally lose a match and not lose any SR, at all, because I played my ass off trying to carry but ultimately failed. That is no consolation. It feels shit. Absolutely shit. There's no argument about golds or whatever. The game has objectively determined that I played amazingly for the level it put me at. But I get fuck all.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-11-04 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    So I've reached Master rank a few days ago and I noticed that shit is really starting to hit the fan now. Very often when you make one mistake, you get butchered by your teammates. Reinhardt has to be the most frustrating class to play because very often everything depends on him. One wrong charge and you get rekt. I don't like to play Rein anymore at high levels. Kinda surprising because I've been raiding as a Prot Warrior during classic all the way to WotLK pretty hardcore, so I know what stress feels like in a game. To me, it's just not fun anymore.

Pharah is my main, pretty much dropped her so high up in the rankings. Even though she will remain my favourite hero. She's squishy, easy to hit and has way too many counters, she does wreck Rein shields pretty good though. And no, I'm not bad. I often just ignore her now and go heals. I like healing a lot at higher rankings, Lucio and Zenyatta.

Now at this ranking, frustrations start kicking in. Everything relies on ultimates, they get combod so much, to me, it's losing all the fun. Genji gains his ultimate twice as fast as my Zenyatta ultimate. I can have the best teammates, but I can't escape from a Genji. I feel Genji is the strongest hero in the game right now. He almost has no counters at all. I see many people bitching at a McCree for not countering the Genji. How the hell is a McCree supposed to counter a Genji? It's the same thing as me playing Pharah and staying miles away from a Roadhog. Anyone who's got some tips against a Genji? When he does his ultimate, I put my speed boost on as Lucio, but very often Genji pops his ultimate with healers in sight anyway so I can't hide in most cases either. Healers dead, team gets slowly picked off and this happens in a lot of games when there's a really good Genji who knows what he's doing.

What are people's experiences about playing in Master/Grandmaster rankings? I mean, sometimes I really have good teammates, even when we just about lose, people keep their cool and don't start bitching when someone makes a mistake. I like such teams, but they don't occur very often anymore. I also solo queue, so I am not ending up with pre-made groups very often.

I hope that one day we can play this game without ultimates. Curious to see how it'll play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I actually agree with any of that. Last night reminded me of why I'd stopped playing Comp last season.

1 The player base is completely obnoxious.
    2 People cry and troll if someone else picks "their" hero.
    3 Leavers.
    4 People who literally just give up and stop fighting but don't want a leaver penalty.
    5 The match making is far worse, it objectively has less data to work with and takes weeks or months to 'play out' by which point it gets reset again.
    6 Too much weighting in to win/loss.
    7 Not enough matches that are actually enjoyable.
    Numbered the above for simplicity's sake;

1> Define "obnoxious"; it's certainly been more pleasant and friendly for me than Quickplay has been.
    2> Literally not ever seen this, over hundreds of matches in Competitive. Sometimes complaints over a specific hero, but in a "c'mon, Torbjorn on attack, dude?" kind of way, not complaints about "their" hero being snatched up.
    3> Sure, it's an issue, but really hasn't been as bad as some people make it out to be, I'd say it happened maybe one match out of 20 that someone would leave from either team, IME.
    4> I've seen that maybe twice, and we all reported them after the match.
    5> Errr, no. The matchmaking is based on rank. Quickplay's matchmaking is much more flexible on purpose, and much more likely to get you a weird mix.
    6> I don't even understand what you're referring to, here.
    7> That may be your preference, but I've found Competitive far more enjoyable in Season 2.

Maybe it's rank. I've been playing in the 2400-2600 range mostly. It got a lot worse, for me, below that 2400 point; I sank down to about 2130 early on before climbing back up to 2600.

I already said I don't lose much on a loss, and gain significantly more on a win. But I'm not winning the 'close' matches. I don't know what I can do to fix that on my own. It's impossible to carry on support, incredibly difficult to do so as tank, and the opportunity to dps is so rare I'm not even entirely as comfortable doing it as I should be.
    It's a team game. If anyone could "carry", that would be a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbered the above for simplicity's sake;

1> Define "obnoxious"; it's certainly been more pleasant and friendly for me than Quickplay has been.
    Not for me. Comp is obviously full of competitive people, and that's okay. It's also a pressure cooker, people get wound up and spout all kinds of shit, and very often cross the line with it. There's also that constant gg ez spam, either to chase all the variations on the emote or spouted across several lines or 'IZI' 'ISI' or whatever to circumvent it. But people are intentionally obnoxious in there far moreso than they are in QP. I've blocked 2-3 people every night this week. Meanwhile, I ended up back doing comp because I met nice people in QP, put a load of them on my preferred list, and don't remember using the block function until I started in comp again.

2> Literally not ever seen this, over hundreds of matches in Competitive. Sometimes complaints over a specific hero, but in a "c'mon, Torbjorn on attack, dude?" kind of way, not complaints about "their" hero being snatched up.
    Seen it pretty often, maybe it's the level I've ended up at now but people just don't have the variety in their locker to be comfortable switching. They probably shouldn't be in comp, but they are and it happens. Strangely usually over Junkrat.

3> Sure, it's an issue, but really hasn't been as bad as some people make it out to be, I'd say it happened maybe one match out of 20 that someone would leave from either team, IME.
    I've not reached 100 matches yet, and it happened more than 5 times. Shit, it happened 3 times in Placement.

4> I've seen that maybe twice, and we all reported them after the match.
    Seen it 3-4 times. Twice last night, I asked what was going on, they said something in German about Torbjorn and Bastion and asshole (the opposition had those heroes, not us). Another match, they gave up trying to deal with Zarya.

What is actually rare and I think overplayed as a thing, but I have seen maybe once or twice, is someone who tanked their ranking from high Plat to troll lower ranks.

5> Errr, no. The matchmaking is based on rank. Quickplay's matchmaking is much more flexible on purpose, and much more likely to get you a weird mix.
    Rank is determined off a very short term dataset and boils down to a parsable number, QP has a lot more to go on - for a lot of us going way back to beta - and doesn't 'need' to try to keep you bracketed within a given range of other people after a bad day; thus perpetuating bad days.

6> I don't even understand what you're referring to, here.
    It's possible to lose zero rank from a loss. It's possible to gain zero rank from a win. Now, translate how well a zero rank loss player did, and how much they'd gain from a win. Meanwhile, the carried player who gained nothing from their victory had a massive loss wiped out. Maybe it'd average out over 300 matches, but 300 matches is a lot, and that's not what you see or feel in the moment. That's not what you notice.

7> That may be your preference, but I've found Competitive far more enjoyable in Season 2.
    I'm just going to have to disagree with you.

Maybe it's rank. I've been playing in the 2400-2600 range mostly. It got a lot worse, for me, below that 2400 point; I sank down to about 2130 early on before climbing back up to 2600.
    Maybe it is. My experience at nearer 2.2k was a lot better. I know I fell from there very quickly from having to play support, and not necessarily playing those heroes as well as I can now; it is what it is, but the game has gotten a lot worse for it at this level.

It's a team game. If anyone could "carry", that would be a bad thing.
    Well maybe someone could tell Blizzard that it's hard as someone who doesn't speak Russian, Chinese or German, to talk to Russians, Chinese and Germans, and therefore work as a team. The language issue in EU is pretty huge. The clue would be in where my IP is, which they clearly know.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-11-04 at 03:41 PM.

Got to level 200 and learned that quickplay is gabarge due to the cancerous community, which is on the same level as moba.

Played my 10 ranked placement matches and had several leavers, afk and trolls (half the matches to be precise). Having to play another 10 minutes 5v6 is idiotic, but blizzard being blizzard here. Always had to play heal or tank as nobody else would. Playing 2-2-2 or 3-3 impossible.

As expected got placed badly. Tried to play another few in the rank, but its the same as quickplay. Not in the mood to play countless games to climb just to set off the fact that the ranked system is completely garbage and not even close to other games.

Even League was more fun than this and this is sad to say. Deleted the game. Without the Blizzard label nobody would play it.