Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's this 'rogue moonfire' thing you people are talking about?

It can't proc on something you haven't damaged. You're just damaging stuff without realising it lol.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick one - what do people think of Impenetrable Nerubian Husk trinket?
    I just got an 875 version yesterday (meaning 1024 haste and 350 armor per proc). Been searching a lot but i can't seem to find much info about it.

Yesterday the uptime was between 20 and 30% in raids and it goes all the way to 15 stacks.
    The proc seems extremely powerful despite the main stat being Haste...
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Was the Rage of the Sleeper bug ever fixed?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aymuhdroowud View Post
    Was the Rage of the Sleeper bug ever fixed?
    The bug on spider-bird? I didn't instant-kill my co-tank on heroic on the clear this week, tried twice just to test and he lived without any increased damage intake so i'm assuming they are.
    Not tested on mythic this week yet though.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    The bug on spider-bird? I didn't instant-kill my co-tank on heroic on the clear this week, tried twice just to test and he lived without any increased damage intake so i'm assuming they are.
    Not tested on mythic this week yet though.
    Sorry for not being specific but yes, thank you one. Of course it could have affected other damage links but none are in current content that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    What's this 'rogue moonfire' thing you people are talking about?

It can't proc on something you haven't damaged. You're just damaging stuff without realising it lol.
    This is not true.

In our 15 NL, since we ran the place so many times, I --HAD-- to hit escape every time the 2nd boss entered the cup-game phase, otherwise my moonfires would randomly shoot out and pull the pelter to the right side of the room, as when that boss goes away you autotarget the pelter.

This may only be a thing with that specific instance, but it is a thing that happens.
    Perhaps this is because dots are ticking on boss and boss does not exist, so game thinks your target is getting hit by dots?

I have a vod of it somewhere, also.
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 2016-11-11 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    This is not true.

In our 15 NL, since we ran the place so many times, I --HAD-- to hit escape every time the 2nd boss entered the cup-game phase, otherwise my moonfires would randomly shoot out and pull the pelter to the right side of the room, as when that boss goes away you autotarget the pelter.

This may only be a thing with that specific instance, but it is a thing that happens.
    Perhaps this is because dots are ticking on boss and boss does not exist, so game thinks your target is getting hit by dots?

I have a vod of it somewhere, also.
    Same thing has happened to me a couple of times in Eye of Azshara with the snail inside the cave right after the choke point with the murlocs. Didn't aggro it while killing the murlocs and got a random moonfire right as I was passing by it.

Also experienced the autotarget thing a few times. If something is about to die and there are other enemies nearby, just don't moonfire.

@ Selerian: Brambles + Barkskin does that! (GG is very trigger happy)

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Also experienced the autotarget thing a few times. If something is about to die and there are other enemies nearby, just don't moonfire.

This is not what I'm saying.
    My GG is procing on targets I am targeting but not attacking, specifically in Nelth's Lair on the second boss.

My hands are quite literally not on my keyboard, and I am 25+ yards away from the target.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post

It occurs even w/o Brambles talent. Plus, I've specifically seen it occur on non-targeted mobs around the 40 yard range where the only way you could screw it up is manually firing off a Moonfire. If you catch the SCT on the mob when the Moonfire goes off without being targeted/mouseover'd/etc., if the missing health is just the Moonfire damage you know it's a rogue Moonfire. I highly doubt anyone reporting this behavior would say it's a mob even close to being in melee range, the behavior itself is just very infrequent and likely only noticed/remembered on mythic+ where mob count and/or pulling extra crap matters.

By the way, I found that Assault on Violet Hold is a very good place to reproduce the Moonfire threat issue. Moonfire some freshly spawned adds or even rift guardians, fairly consistent with the impact and DoT damage not generating threat when you don't generate threat with another ability. Messed around with firing off as they spawn and/or once they start targeting people, very consistent in not generating threat.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

On another topic: I sometimes have a purple bubble around me and I have no clue why, does it have something to do with our hidden artifact effect maybe? It seems to happen really sporadically and I don't have any special buffs at the time. I don't have a screenshot at the moment but I'll post one the next time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    On another topic: I sometimes have a purple bubble around me and I have no clue why, does it have something to do with our hidden artifact effect maybe? It seems to happen really sporadically and I don't have any special buffs at the time. I don't have a screenshot at the moment but I'll post one the next time it happens.
    Do you have the Coagulated Nightwell Residue trinket? I noticed the other day when I have stacks of the nightwell energy I will also have a purple bubble around me, and then when I use the trinket it'll change to a slightly different bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    It's a healer trinket, forgot the name of it but it's procs quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Do you have the Coagulated Nightwell Residue trinket? I noticed the other day when I have stacks of the nightwell energy I will also have a purple bubble around me, and then when I use the trinket it'll change to a slightly different bubble.
    Nope, almost never use tanking trinkets and if I do it's DMF/Grotesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    It's a healer trinket, forgot the name of it but it's procs quite a bit.
    Aah ok, the one from MoS I'm guessing: Naglfar Fare.

Is Ring of Collapsing Futures worth using damage-wise (using it twice per minute in order not to proc the 5 min cd)?

45 ilvl relic with Savage Def vs 39 ilvl relic with Thrash dmg increase for Mythic dungeons?

Thanks.

thrash relic is worth +15ilvl

Wondering if anyone else has problems keeping threat from pally tanks. I feel like even feral weaving my damage is still lackluster for a tank. I've been looking for dps trinkets to try to help me out but do you guys have any advice?

Wondering if anyone else has problems keeping threat from pally tanks. I feel like even feral weaving my damage is still lackluster for a tank. I've been looking for dps trinkets to try to help me out but do you guys have any advice?
    Well I don't know about your damage specifically, but our damage is fine, usually sharing #1/#2 with prot paladins, with quite a gap over all other tanks, especially if you're cat weaving, but even without that, tbh (as its not safely possible on all bosses).

There do appear to be some issues however where the initial damage from moonfire doesn't generate any threat, so even a GG buffed MF cast doesn't do the threat it should, which does reduce it quite a bit compared to our damage.

I haven't tanked raids with a Paladin for a bit, but the DH i usually tank with at least doesn't manage to take threat from me, and I out dps him by quite a bit as well. Only time when he usually gets the threat is during initial burst, because we have to build up thrash stacks and whatnot to get to our full potential.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-11-13 at 11:48 AM.

My damage is fine. I hate that my co-tank (warrior) can take threat off me without taunting. Really don't know why they just can't add threat to Guardian Moonfire or something to help.