Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The more i think about the design choices made wrt legendaries, the more it seems based on obscuring comparative dps so blatant balance issues can be ignored.

When they nerf our bracers and some fire mage legendaries, any bets on which spec will get buffed to compensate and which wont?

If im right, then fuck it i just cba playing a game designed by clowns.

No offence to actual clowns meant. Even those new evil ones.

Deleted
    Won't be long until legendaries become orange flavoured stat sticks all around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas just mentioned on the Live Q&A that they will balance legendaries, by buffing the weak ones and nerfing the strong ones, like the Fire Mage Pyroblast one and the Unholy Bracers.. Like we're already getting stomped by everybody else, if you nerf that, buff our whole kit!
    Good thing i got neck as my first then. Zero disappointment. My second will probably be ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    the unholy tears are delicious. With that said...they dropped the ball hard on these legendaries. No legendary should feel mandatory, but none should make you feel upset or even frustrated that you got one. If they nerf the UH bracers they better damn well buff the shit out of the spec. Because right now it's the only way unholy is even semi-relevant right now.

- - - Updated - - -

it's really not the most complex spec..

Lets compare Unholy DK's with every other spec in the game as far as complexity goes. Are warrior specs harder? No, you can laugh how mortal strike is almost 50% of arms dps sometimes lol.
    is mage or hunter harder? HAHA NO Mage and hunter easily have the most brain dead specs in game.

Demon, sub, and feral druid are the only specs that come anywhere close to complexity. And compared to those 3 EASILY unholy is harder than those 3 specs. Sub difficulty most coming in the form of going into stealth constantly, which just gets getting used to. Feral shows some levels of difficulty if there is more than one target due to horrible cleave. And demon locks in a sense are very similar to unholy but at the least they are ranged and have a much easier job.

So honestly what other spec can you honestly say is more complex? There is none.

Being a Unholy DK that ahs both bracers and ring...It will be interesting to see what they do. As of right now I have no issues with my DPS. I'm hanging on for as long as I can. However, I been sticking my loot on for Frost in case I get any other legionaries. I'd still like the frost ones anyways for choice. Frost for me just doesn't seem to mesh to well. It might just be me not used to the rotation but the dmg seems to be all over the place. One pull its like 600K and the next can be as low as 200K. It has a lot of points where I find myself thinking.."WTF now?" As I have no buttons to press. But again its likely my rotation and talents.

However Frost beings me back to Wrath when I loved it! Fast pace good numbers that pop! Love the burst. Just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong I guess. Either way I will see what Unholy brings before making any HUGE changes. This week =will start to shed some light.

But in my mind I can see why they would nerf the bracers...It sorta makes the spec and it shouldn't be that way. They should buff us to make unholy playable to anyone who wants to play it. The bracers should be the icing on the cake. It gets you excited to have but not a "must have" item to be able to raid and do good dmg.

Anyways that just how I see it I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I would rather reroll to another class and keep my dk as blood. Frost is a spec you can get good numbers with by just mashing buttons, the average player probably likes this but if there's no personal skill cap and way to screw things up in a spec you set yourself up for a very boring raid experience.
    Welcome to majority of specs in legion. Want complexity in a spec? Well you have very little to choose from. Want to be rewarded for complexity? Sorry none of the classes do that.

Frost is brain dead as nutz but majority of specs in game are brain dead as well. Stay away from mage which to my honest opinion is even more brain dead than hunter. Stay the hell away from Ret Pallys which have not changed in its brain dead rotation from Wrath of the Lich king. Stay away from warriors especially arms which to an extent is waiting for things to light up and using mortal strike.

Demon locks are cool and have complexity to them. And they do good dps. So that is one of your options.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    I would say that with the bracers unholy is where it should at least be. Good for AoE and cleave, fine ST dps. Given our lack of mobility and utility we should actually do more than now with bracers, but I don't see that happening.
    That's difficult to address with numbers, because WCL doesn't have any way to narrow down charts to players that have their spec's best legendaries. I can definitely say that Unholy as a whole is very poor right now, including those that have legendaries and those that don't, and that it remains non-competitive up to 95th percentile mythic, where you would expect most players to have their spec's legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    If you cared about your guild and people you play with, you wouldn't waste their time by playing Unholy.

#karma
    Ye. I wouldnt. Only if Apocalypse wouldnt be ~30lvls high, and having almost nothing on Blades... (I had to lvl Maw as my 2nd weap due to tank issues so yea...)
    edit: forgot to add, I ofc dont have the bracers, tho i've been somewhat lucky to get the belt, and also got the cloak a few days ago.

Deleted
    I only have tank legendaries for my unholy spec.

I don't need to repec to frost as bliz said they wouldn't buff one spec over the other.

I am also the hardest hitting, due to our mobility being slightly slower than mage's run speed.

I also bring masses of utility to my raid such as gorefiends grasp, a second grip from my pet and er hero pots.

Odin is the best designed boss fight ive ever seen since seth in streetfighter iv.

They're probably going to nerf the bracers, but buff the spec so you can be competitive without them, but still see a dps increase with the legendary.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

It's important to separate what you quite reasonably think they should do, with what they actually said they're going to do. That's why people are freaking out. 7.1.5 should be on PTR this week, so we'll know one way or the other.

Deleted
    Yeah need to wait for 7.1.5 for more details.

I like making predictions though so...unholy and fire (lol) will be buffed on the ptr to compensate. 3 days after it goes live unholy will have all its buffs reverted and be given another 25% buff to death coil.

My guess is the legendaries will be nerfed and everything else left completely untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Lets compare Unholy DK's with every other spec in the game as far as complexity goes. Are warrior specs harder? No, you can laugh how mortal strike is almost 50% of arms dps sometimes lol.
    is mage or hunter harder? HAHA NO Mage and hunter easily have the most brain dead specs in game.

Demon, sub, and feral druid are the only specs that come anywhere close to complexity. And compared to those 3 EASILY unholy is harder than those 3 specs. Sub difficulty most coming in the form of going into stealth constantly, which just gets getting used to. Feral shows some levels of difficulty if there is more than one target due to horrible cleave. And demon locks in a sense are very similar to unholy but at the least they are ranged and have a much easier job.

So honestly what other spec can you honestly say is more complex? There is none.
    I bet you don't play a mage and base everything off lulz mage is ez...they are very easy to play...but they are on the higher side of having a skill ceiling as well. Hunter I won't argue with nor with warrior. Shadow Priest is also harder than unholy and by a long shot. S2M requires good APM and if you fuck up...have fun dying. You clearly haven't played many classes outside of DK. Unholy is not complex at all. Both DPS dk specs are easy to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    My guess is the legendaries will be nerfed and everything else left completely untouched.
    My fear as well. I really enjoyed the Unholy playstyle so to see it left in the gutter is pretty upsetting. I'll be pleasantly surprised if a buff turns up, but otherwise I don't fault "the sky is falling" people for being loud about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I bet you don't play a mage and base everything off lulz mage is ez...they are very easy to play...but they are on the higher side of having a skill ceiling as well. Hunter I won't argue with nor with warrior. Shadow Priest is also harder than unholy and by a long shot. S2M requires good APM and if you fuck up...have fun dying. You clearly haven't played many classes outside of DK. Unholy is not complex at all. Both DPS dk specs are easy to play.
    Easy would be a relative term

Unholy WoD with Breath is/was harder than Legion S2M Spriest, for this expac I dont really think there are more then 4 DPS specs "harder" to play then Unholy. Now Unholy is not "hard" to play however it does have more going on then 95% of the other DPS specs, so strictly relative to the World of Warcraft Unholy is one of the "Difficult" specs.

odd having to add so many caveats to what im saying to avoid the implicit bias or the implication were saying "The spec i Play is harder than the spec you play" as true or false as the statement maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Easy would be a relative term

Unholy WoD with Breath is/was harder than Legion S2M Spriest, for this expac I dont really think there are more then 4 DPS specs "harder" to play then Unholy. Now Unholy is not "hard" to play however it does have more going on then 95% of the other DPS specs, so strictly relative to the World of Warcraft Unholy is one of the "Difficult" specs.

odd having to add so many caveats to what im saying to avoid the implicit bias or the implication were saying "The spec i Play is harder than the spec you play" as true or false as the statement maybe.
    This isn't WoD though, S2M isn't necessarily hard...just like unholy isn't. However a mistake while playing an Spriest has a much more drastic outcome than unholy making a mistake. Which then makes it a much harder spec to play overall. Because even unfortunate things like a small lag spike can equal certain doom.

If Spontaneous Appendages didn't basically make Enhance shaman spam Stormstrike I would even go as far as saying that it's more complex than unholy as well. However the SA trinket makes it super easy...since you basically completely ignore Lava Lash. That will change in nighthold though once you get tier and if/when they fix SA.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-11-15 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    That's very optimistic.

That never happens, all we ever see are nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Yeah need to wait for 7.1.5 for more details.

I like making predictions though so...unholy and fire (lol) will be buffed on the ptr to compensate. 3 days after it goes live unholy will have all its buffs reverted and be given another 25% buff to death coil.
    There is actually a >0 chance that we may get buffed so much to compensate that we all have to jump back to unholy which would probably fuck us over even more, again. It depends entirely on how (if they actually do it) they decide to buff unholy.

Edith says: I really hope this won't be a theme and we are going to constantly swing back and forth with every patch, because I'm sick of farming AP and given how they'll be adding more talents in the future as well..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-11-15 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There is actually a >0 chance that we may get buffed so much to compensate that we all have to jump back to unholy which would probably fuck us over even more, again. It depends entirely on how (if they actually do it) they decide to buff unholy.

Edith says: I really hope this won't be a theme and we are going to constantly swing back and forth with every patch, because I'm sick of farming AP and given how they'll be adding more talents in the future as well..
    Yea I feel ya mate. On one hand I had to switch from a level 29 unholy weapon and now leveled frost weapons to 32. Hard to imagine switching back again even though unholy is what I would actually prefer to be playing.

Just seems like Blizzard really messed up DK tuning so far this expac, has made it really hard to know whether to stick with the class even though I don't really want to play anything else.