Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Might explain the vast gulf in win rates in QM and HL:

QM: 654 games, 56% WR
    HL: 556 games, 47.5% WR
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I think the idea of a multi class hero is GREAT...

For premade groups.

With a bunch of randos 90% of the time you're going to end up with either 2 warriors or 2 Assassins, because sod's law.

EDIT: LOL There's NO WAY that Varian isn't getting nerfed... Tank Varian is strong but managable, Bruiser Varian seems ok...

Twin Swords Varian with Warbringer is HILARIOUSLY Overpowered. Go for a semi bruiser build, with charge stun and he's just an absolute terror.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-11-16 at 02:00 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    What is the idea behind his Shield Breaker talents? Do they add talents against specific Heroes (Tassadar, Kerrigan, Artanis) now? I find those talents very disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I already hate people picking him.

Everyone in draft assumes he will be a Warrior and won't pick another one just to find out inside game the retard went with Fury or Arms build.
    Why would you ever want your Varian taking those tank talents? You're basically asking him to gimp your team. Warbringer is mando, and Taunt is useless, everything else is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Varians charge talent is way too strong, it seriously needs to be nerfed. Not only it stuns but it also reduces the cooldown? What the hell?
    Tbh I don't think it's "that" op, it's more that the other talent is severely under-tune in comparison. I can't really think of a time where I would take him over the stun tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Why would you ever want your Varian taking those tank talents? You're basically asking him to gimp your team. Warbringer is mando, and Taunt is useless, everything else is up to you.
    Or you could .... yaknow... talk to your team to ask the spec.
    When I pick Varian I always say that I won't go full tank.

They serriously need to buff the taunt, at least double its range and duration, I mean GOD DAMN IT the blind of Johanna is a better tool for peeling in almost every situation, the only benefit of the taunt is that it force mele heroes to follow you, but the range and duration are so short that it's useless.
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2016-11-17 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Varians charge talent is way too strong, it seriously needs to be nerfed. Not only it stuns but it also reduces the cooldown? What the hell?
    Really? I would like it to get a little range buff.

But yeah, fury Varian its a fucking berserker. Love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Really? I would like it to get a little range buff.

But yeah, fury Varian its a fucking berserker. Love it.
    Honestly it feels like this 'fury' Varian is just a better Butcher........What does The Butcher have that Varian doesn't? How is The Butcher better than Varian? His Q is longer, and deals more damage. At level 7 he gets a talent which is a passive healing from his auto attacks on everything, a quest trait at level one, does not lose any of his power when he dies, a charge stun at level 6, and a abilty which stops him from taking damage from auto attacks. Why the hell would anyone play The Butcher?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I admit guilty of queuing up with my premade friend as Morales + Fury Varian. It was... hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only real issue with Varian is how useless I feel in a teamfight as Prot. It's dull, it's weak, and Taunt (despite being such an amazing CC) has such a small range it's not all that helpful most of the time. I play Dehaka, Rexxar, Leoric, Stiches, and ETC and NONE of them feel as useless as a tank as Varian. Either buff his damage as Prot to justify the slower attack speed, or increase his attack speed to justify a lower hit. If I want to play a tank that puts me to sleep, I'll play Johanna. Also, WTB talent that turns Charge into Intervene so I can charge to friendlies as well as hostiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    What is the idea behind his Shield Breaker talents? Do they add talents against specific Heroes (Tassadar, Kerrigan, Artanis) now? I find those talents very disturbing.
    And the Giant Killer talents to take out high HP heroes are fine? We have enough heroes with shields now to justify shield breaker talents.

I highly disagree that Warbringer is mandatory. I tried it the first few games, died a lot. Started picking the Parry, don't die nearly as much. I play Fury with mostly defensive talents and still out damage most people I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I admit guilty of queuing up with my premade friend as Morales + Fury Varian. It was... hilarious.
    Had an Abathur AND a Morales. It was glorious...
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-11-17 at 12:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

Had an Abathur AND a Morales. It was glorious...
    Morales and Rehgar, man =)

They had no hard CC. So our Rehgar said fuck it and went Bloodlust

Varian was unpeelable and totally immortal
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Morales and Rehgar, man =)

They had no hard CC. So our Rehgar said fuck it and went Bloodlust

Varian was unpeelable and totally immortal
    Fury Varian, Stim Morales, BL Rehgar, Hat Abathur, and Inspire Raynor.

Dear god... That sounds terrifying just hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Fury Varian, Stim Morales, BL Rehgar, Hat Abathur, and Inspire Raynor.

Dear god... That sounds terrifying just hearing it.
    I've done this with my premade playing Tychus. It was also only us two as premades and people just happened to pick all those. It was incredible, but we still lost xD

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    It's not talents against "specific heroes", it's talents to counter a specific type of defense. Mortal Strike if the other team relies on an actual healer to keep them alive, Shattering Throw if the other team is primarily getting it's defense from shield usage, Juggernaut if the enemy team has NO support or semi-support capabilities or is relying on a multi-tank comp to keep them alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is reading comprehension a rare commodity nowadays?

When you end up in a draft where you are a first pick and don't pick Varian or a Tank, good luck getting a solid Warrior pick from rest of your team mates when they see a character with possibility of going a Warrior build. You still think going one of the Assassin builds is a better decision to go when your team lacks a tank AND you can't make other people draft a Warrior?

Basically every game where somebody wants to pick a Varian is a Warrior game for me since nobody else will pick a Warrior as 90% people want to look good on scoreboard while playing a ranged carry.

Do I think Fury and Arms are better than Protection builds? Absolutely. Do I think it is smart going Fury or Arms when nobody else took a Warrior? Definitely no. It will take some time until people realize he is not a solo "Warrior" material, just as it was with Sonya.

Sorry if I sound rude, but two people above you understood what I said.

Steady all

My current dealings with Varian have been that when his damage specs are obscene, CS when he's with anyone else with burst is devastating. Twin blades solo is like a cross of illidan and butcher and is soul crushing.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-11-18 at 02:52 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I had surprising success with some well-timed Taunts last night. Nothing better than forcing someone to stand in Chromie's bullshit.

Suspect they'll increase the CD on his charge and remove the cd reduction from the talent.

Probably also need to increase the damage reduction for taking twinblades.

Last night queued with a buddy on morales and felt unkillable. Stim on top of twin blades just made varian a meat grinder.
    Move speed with twin blades made him difficult enough to shake, but then having charge, stun, slow... madness!

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Is reading comprehension a rare commodity nowadays?

When you end up in a draft where you are a first pick and don't pick Varian or a Tank, good luck getting a solid Warrior pick from rest of your team mates when they see a character with possibility of going a Warrior build.
    Apparently your reading comprehension is lacking too. His point was that if you pick Varian, someone else SHOULD pick a warrior, rather than wanting you to fulfill that role, since assassin Varian is so much better.

To sum it up:

Varian at early levels looks way under powered compared to other heroes, his parry suck compared to others (Illidan evasion for example) I advice anyone to avoid early fights as mush as possible.

If you are planning to pick Varian as offtank warrior and help taking merc camps best build going second wind with twin blades (he can solo bosses with ease), other way is going warbringer with colossal smash if you wanna melt squishy heroes.

Surprisingly he is good against most of melee heroes but still parry mechanic sucks and need to be buffed.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2016-11-19 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Apparently your reading comprehension is lacking too. His point was that if you pick Varian, someone else SHOULD pick a warrior, rather than wanting you to fulfill that role, since assassin Varian is so much better.
    Show me where his post suggests picking a main Warrior. Bold it for me.

I said nobody goes Warrior build even when he ends in a team where everybody else took a Support and Carries. Then he jumps on me with saying picking a Warrior build is "gimping your team", what the..?

Increase your own reading skills and you would see this whole debate is pointless as I was talking about those not so rare cases where you are a first pick, don't pick a CC tank, second pick is Varian and all other guys don't pick it either. Still think going Warrior build is wrong? Because who needs a beefy front line Hero, right?