Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If I was facing life in prison I would try to get a cop to shoot me before I was arrested. Same thing if I faced a situation like being captured by ISIS or another group like that. I would not have the desire to kill myself if I was facing homelessness.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2016-11-20 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not retarded or a drug addict, so I would never have to worry about being homeless. In some wacky reality where I did have to face it, I wouldn't just give up because I'm not a little bitch who quits in the face of the tiniest adversity.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I faced the threat of being homeless before, I simply overcame it. I did whatever I had to get debts paid and food on the table, even if my husband (now ex, of course) wouldn't.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Before it happens anyway, and if it ever would for you.

I hope people don't get the wrong idea and I have nothing against people that are unfortunate to be homeless, but if the prospect of it even came remotely close, I would rather just die.
    Whats your definition of being homeless?

Like is it someone without a fixed postal address? Someone who dosses on the street? Someone who is traveling through the country/world? Is it someone with a drug problem? Someone without money? Someone who lives in hotels due to having work allover a country/world? Someone who doesn't live in what their country of residence considers a home, eco village, self build in the middle of the woods or a caravan etc? Is it someone with mental health issues?

Your opening question seems to be assuming we all have the same understanding of what homelessness is and that it targets every person who reads it.

No, there's nothing worse. Ever hear the saying "fate worse than death?"

It's like if you go homeless, you unofficially lose your rights as a human being. You lose everything and become a target of abuse from others looking down on you like an animal, especially teenagers that like venting their frustrations by beating the homeless.

The world is fucked up.
    What part of the world are you from? Is this something you do, your family, friends or do you watch people abuse other people and do nothing about it?

what's worse?
    Being ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is, I wouldn't have to, because I'd either be dead regardless or in a hospital bed on a drip, since I'd have no food, probably no insulin, and be dead in a day or two anyway.
    Dunno if that gives me immunity, or pushes me up the ladder of free housing, but haven't found that out yet.
    #boycottchina

I slept rough on the streets for a while probably around 3 yrs or so. At the time, i was a drug addict, with habit costing me like 50-60 pound per day (clean now for just over 9 yrs, go me) While some people will be shitty, you get to see a real nice side to people as well. In the UK at least, there are an amazing amount of people who donate time to helping those less fortunate. I stayed in this car park for a while and the dude who locked up at night (his name was Tom) used to bring extra food. His wife would pack two lunches for him, so he could bring one to me.

I would kill whomever made me homeless first.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'm about to be homeless.
    The feeling is...hard to explain, but I don't really give a shit about anything anymore at the same time.

No, there's nothing worse. Ever hear the saying "fate worse than death?"

It's like if you go homeless, you unofficially lose your rights as a human being. You lose everything and become a target of abuse from others looking down on you like an animal, especially teenagers that like venting their frustrations by beating the homeless.

The world is fucked up.
    trust me, when people speak about fate worse the death, they are not talking about homelessness. homelessness sucks. but its not the end of the world. especially while you are young and able bodied and hopefully not addicted to hard drugs, but then again, I think I remember you saying something about how much of a tragedy for you it would be if you had to find a job, any job. so it seems like anything that puts responsibility for your own well being without someone else taking care of you - is a fate worse then death for you. which... is .. the word I want to use is not very diplomatic.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was homeless for awhile, sure it sucked, but it wasn't like ending your life sucked.
    The problem is that most people who are life long homeless are drug addicts, or have severe mental health problems, and even if they are able to ask for help, they are physically/mentally unable to do the things that they need to do to get themselves out of the situation.
    There is also the stigma of being homeless, but it is easy to circumvent some of the important stigma (From jobs/apartment) if you haven't burned all of your bridges, which unfortunately most of the lifelong homeless people do.
    Your thinking is flawed if you just assume that if/when you become homeless, that's it, you are never going to be able to get back on your feet again. That is statistically flat out false. Though, knowing all of the threads that you have started, severe mental health issues probably isn't much of a stretch.

My neighbour next door went Homeless in Europe for 3 years (hes a British - Aussie citizen) 58 years old.

I asked him how he got thru that and he said..

He looked at being homeless with a Positive attitude rather than a negative one.

He looked at being Homeless as a "Great New Adventure"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Does being homeless mean simply not having a permanent place to stay?

A few years back, around the 29th of the month, the landlord of the place I was renting told me they were selling the place. I had literally 1 day to start looking for a new place, find one, and move. I ended up stuffing everything I own into my car and storage, and effectively couch surfed for a few weeks until I moved out of state.

At no point did I give up on life. Just made me buckle down and sort stuff out.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Before it happens anyway, and if it ever would for you.

I hope people don't get the wrong idea and I have nothing against people that are unfortunate to be homeless, but if the prospect of it even came remotely close, I would rather just die.
    I was homeless for two years, and I tried three times. Its funny - you would think that death would be the better way out (and obviously I did for a while) until you realize that, no matter how shitty you think your life is, being alive is just...better. You try to take your own life, and there's just...nothing. No hope of things ever getting better. No choices to make. Nothing to see. Nothing to hear. Nothing to do. No thoughts, no dreams. Nothing. And its terrifying. Sure, for a kid who doesn't understand the value of life, it might look appealing - no more worries, no more struggle, no more pain. In the end, though, its all those experiences that make us human, and - at the risk of sounding super cliche - we're only given one chance at life (as far as any of us know for certain (not trying to start a debate, but no matter your beliefs, there's really not a lot of solid evidence whether or not our consciousness goes on or stops with our brain function unless I really - have- been living under a rock for longer than I thought). Its really up to us to make the most of it. If you choose to throw away any possibility of having things turn around down the road because you don't like your situation RIGHT NOW, you really should turn off your computer, go outside, walk around, look at the sky, at all the people around you, and reconnect with reality.

I'm sure that some of the internet trolls out there will have a field day with this, but you know what? I really don't care. I'm alive, I'm enjoying my life now, I know who I am and where I come from, and I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Does being homeless mean simply not having a permanent place to stay?
    Pretty much? I identify being homeless as living on the streets. If you have family or friends taking you in, I don't consider that being homeless sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I would enjoy being homeless. But not where I currently live (in Sweden).
    A long as the nights are not too cold and it's good weather all year long, I'd do fine.
    I would not mind being homeless in New Zealand. I love that country so much I would be homeless in an instant if I could move there. But girlfriend doesn't want to be homeless, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Actually, I would enjoy being homeless. But not where I currently live (in Sweden).
    A long as the nights are not too cold and it's good weather all year long, I'd do fine.
    I would not mind being homeless in New Zealand. I love that country so much I would be homeless in an instant if I could move there. But girlfriend doesn't want to be homeless, so....
    Florida! Sleep on the beach without a blanket and bathe in the ocean!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Becoming homeless would be a fun challenge.

1. Find the churches that hand out free meals

2. Find shelters or get a sleeping bag

3. Avoid the man

4. Look out for crazies who want to douse you in lighter fluid and set you on fire

It's almost like an episode of "The Walking Dead".
    Number 4 - what the fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because I have a lot of friends and family who would help me get back on my feet so I'll never be "homeless".

I've been homeless for two months. Fortunately I have good friends and I was living at a friends place until I got my own apartment.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I still have my job, I'm sure I could suffer through being homeless until I could save enough to get back on my feet. If I have no job and no way to make any money...probably. Especially where I live, it requires a ridiculous amount of money just to get an apartment, AND pay rent, that if you can't get a job first you are just hosed.

Granted a LOT of things would have to fail in order for me to be homeless...I have family and friends I can rely on for everything if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.