Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People would even more make threads how legendaries are mandatory and how they get benched without them.

And if the system was fair and everyone could target grind a legendary, they would make posts how time consuming it is for alts or how it devaluates the meaning of a legendary if everyone has them.

Don't make the mistake to think people will ever be content.
    People ALREADY think they will be benched without a legendary. The problem now is people will farm the shit out of M+ to get AP/Legendaries and they get a Sephuz or Prydaz. There was a DK On reddit that had 7 Legendaries (he took a pic) and stilll didn't have the one he wanted.

no one is forcing any of you crybabies to play
    dps this
    legendary that
    don't play the game bitches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I seemingly skimmed too fast over your shitpost. Not that I missed anything valuable as even the thousandth time some pleb states random equals fun it doesn't become true.

There has always been rng the insinuation the amount and impact was in some way comparable to where it's now is just pathetic though.
    No need to be abusive. Says everything about you, nothing about me.

Deleted
    man i think there's a lot of ppl here that don't know that some legendaries increases your damage by 10-15%. You cannot gate that fucking advantage behind RNG

I tried to like it.

Watching guildies finally get their orange drop and it's the fucking ring is heart breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    No need to be abusive. Says everything about you, nothing about me.
    You get what you put in. Want better feedback and discussion, drop the condescension in your posts.

15+ Year Old Account
    10% dps upgrade based on pure RNG is wrong design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    It is very easy and convenient to present your side of the story, your excitement as you call it, against other's side of the story, frustration and being victimized for their bad luck.

If you were in somebody else's shoes, your whole argument would instantly collapse.

- - - Updated - - -

Because random boss drops don't make your dps go from 290k to 370k with one item.

But I was in that situation until I got my second legendary, which is BIS. That was a couple of months. I loved every bit of it. As I have said repeatedly, I have played this game as a casual, and completely hardcore going for world kills. I want what's best for the game. At the minute I'm mostly casual, when I got my first legendary I loved it, because I had deliberately avoided obsessively reading this site and others to find out what was best. So I didn't even know it was crap until the whine threads starting to spill over into everything. I highly recommend the "avoid obsessively reading about the game" approach. The game becomes much more fun, less like a job.

Moulding the game so it's all about the top 1% of raiders is not good for the game. Random fun stuff is great for everyone, even if that sometimes means random awesome stuff that helps you in-game.

But then I'm old school. I'd bring back random rng stuns on the 2 hand mace for arenas. Shit like that is fun. Might sometimes mean someone wins on the basis of it, but that's should all be part of the journey. The min/maxer "I cant cope if I don't have best in slot" people, if they get what they want, ruin the game for everyone else when everything is catered to their needs and no one else's. And I say that as someone who used to be that person. If I joined another world class raiding guild (never again) I would say the same. This game is great when it's organic, when the world is alive. When there's a monorail system for literally everything, it sucks. The balance might not be perfect now, but it's better than it's been in years. If I had control I would make these items work in PVP too, this is supposed to be an MMO isn't it?

As to your second point, I'm easy on that. That seems a lot. Maybe that needs to be tightened up in an RNG system, but it's no big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If you're talking about Sephuz, it's not a pvp legendary.. Legendaries don't even work in pvp. Plus with the changes it becomes one of the best ones in pve.
    How so? I mean it becomes substantially better but you still won't be able to trigger it on e.g. Ursoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    He didn't whine. he makes a strong point. What's ruining this game is that people wanted equal opportunity in an MMO which yields nothing but boredom.
    The problem is that the current system doesn't actually reward being good, it just rewards playing a lot. Despite that, I got a legendary drop from a cache the other day... and I've only run 4 mythics, a few LFRs and a couple of normal ENs.

If you want to reward playing difficulty content make legndaries only available to mythic+5 (or so), heroic raids and above.

And yes, he whined about whiners. He starts out "If you are an incessant whiner about legendary items..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I tried to like it.

Watching guildies finally get their orange drop and it's the fucking ring is heart breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

You get what you put in. Want better feedback and discussion, drop the condescension in your posts.
    I've replied to as many people as I could as constructively as I could. If you find that condescending I would suggest that's your issue not mine.

As we know by now, everything is the worst thing ever and the absolute death of it all. If ten thousand players threaten to kill themselves over something, it means nothing. Its the usual thing in the wow forums. Without legendaries, they would cry over something else.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I have a legendary and I hate the system. When I got it I felt nothing. I didn't earn it; I didn't deserve it. I pulled the lever on the slot machine and I got a prize. Whoopie.

When this game was in it's prime, it didnt have random world legendaries, so your point of:

If you are an incessant whiner about legendary items, let me make it very clear that you and people like you are one of the primary reasons this game cycles into badness from time to time. And that's because Blizzard listens to you, because there are so many of you.
    Is invalid. Let me propose to you the alternate side of the coin:

"If you are an incessant advocater about legendary items, let me make it very clear that you and people like you are one of the primary reasons this game cycles into badness from time to time. And that's because Blizzard listens to you, because there are so many of you."

Speaking as some one with five legendaries, the two BIS ones for my main spec, this system is complete crap, further more, being a veteran mmo player there was 0 excitement when I got my BEST possible legendary a month ago. I just didn't care, why? Because random is good only when done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    With legendaries being as strong as they are it's very possible that a bad player gets picked over a good player just becuase he got lucky with the lottery. Is that fun? Not really.

The system is by far the worst idea Blizzard has ever had.
    It is one of the reasons why the devs moved away from the RNG system in the first place as well. It was an understood issue by both the players and the devs at the time that seems to have gotten lost over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    The wrong relic =/= the wrong legendary.

And at least with the relic once you've killed that week on Mythic you're done. Legendaries are an endless farm system that burn people out.
    they werent meant to be farmed

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    When this game was in it's prime, it didnt have random world legendaries, so your point of:

Is invalid. Let me propose to you the alternate side of the coin:

"If you are an incessant advocater about legendary items, let me make it very clear that you and people like you are one of the primary reasons this game cycles into badness from time to time. And that's because Blizzard listens to you, because there are so many of you."

Speaking as some one with five legendaries, the two BIS ones for my main spec, this system is complete crap, further more, being a veteran mmo player there was 0 excitement when I got my BEST possible legendary a month ago. I just didn't care, why? Because random is good only when done correctly.
    That's your opinion, but you probably weren't excited because you had 5. I love the legendary system because it changes the play style of classes and adds spice and variation. Every legendary I got (2) I was so excited, even when I got the neck with absorb, it allows me to cast free light of martyr. No damage from it, free powerful and instant heals!

You don't need to think or try to get the legendary you just play the game and eventually you will get them as your chance will constantly increase, I see nothing bad about it whatsoever, do you not like spice and variety? Do you want the same thing every expansion with no variety or change? Seems like all people do is be pessimistic and complain about everything, I would hate to be around people like that.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bdk4599 View Post
    That's your opinion, but you probably weren't excited because you had 5. I love the legendary system because it changes the play style of classes and adds spice and variation. Every legendary I got (2) I was so excited, even when I got the neck with absorb, it allows me to cast free light of martyr. No damage from it, free powerful and instant heals!

You don't need to think or try to get the legendary you just play the game and eventually you will get them as your chance will constantly increase, I see nothing bad about it whatsoever, do you not like spice and variety? Do you want the same thing every expansion with no variety or change? Seems like all people do is be pessimistic and complain about everything, I would hate to be around people like that.....

Its easier to complain about things you dislike rather than complimenting blizzard on their fine work in certain areas.

For example I love legion right now, BUT, this legendary system is very bad and probably along with artifact knowledge the only things I dislike in this expansion.

i also like the Legendary system, but i do think its flawed.

legendaries as items that alter gameplay are amazing. up to legion legendaries didn't change much your class, i can only think of fangs changing rotations, and there were very few rogues that got them. besides that one exception, legendaries were too general culminating on both the cloak and the ring, that were just plain terrible, and the way to get them was plagued with just as much RNG and WAY more gating. Farming ICC for months and finally get the quest to kill Lk at the end? farming 10, 33, 25 of X to complete the quest? waiting months and months until the next tier patch so you can continue the questline?

currently RNG is still present but it affects what you get. sure not getting your so called "BiS' might piss you off, but as you get "bad" legendaries you reduce the pool of items to choose from every time you get a bad one. and im being ironic in the use of the word "bad" here... there are no bad legendaries.

besides keep in mind that as we move forward we are expanding our pool of legendaries, people that got Sephuz were pissed on the first week... now after some time people finally got what that legendary was all about and plus it keeps getting buffed, next patch its god mode. (some rogue on the official forums recently deleted his, after being brainwashed by some youtube hero bout it "being bad"... lol . he must me pretty pissed now.)

point is if X spell is changed and you already have the legendary you are set.

wich brings me to the flaw on the legendaries. we have to get them.

yes, that is the flaw.

legendaries should be easy to get, or maybe just readily available from our "armory" on the class hall. BUT they start as ilvl 800 and requiere some form of farming to upgrade them to the level of content we do.

say you kill Xavius normal, you get up to 880ilvl, you kill him on H you can now upgrade to 895, and if you get him on M you can now upgrade to 910 and a similar thing with the M+ system.

point is, if ALL the legendaries are available and require AP, or Obliterum or some combination of items to lvl up up to a cap determined by the content you face, everyone is happy. min maxers can still get the "best legendary" and people stuck doing lfr can get their super awesome 910 legendary... next tier.

my point is, as far a gameplay changing items goes, the legendaries are amazing. they show a cautious and very positive move towards a more action oriented gameplay, and they have the effect of introducing so many variables that its really hard to measure their real DPS effect (anything that mitigates the cancer that is theorycrafting is good in my book)

take for example the warrior legendaries, is having +1 leap a dps gain compared to the rest? well you cant trust your addons or some random website to do the "sim" for you, you have to use your head, is your guild doing mechanics properly? are move phases getting to crazy? is this particular fight one where moving beats focusingon a target?

i love that, i love the idea of having an extra layer of gameplay coustomization.

but i agree that the way we are getting them is crap. but its not as terrible as people make it out to be, keep in mind we haven't started the first tier yet! and everyone already has 2 legendaries that regardless of what they are will fill those slots, or they already have 3 - 4 to choose from depending on the content.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, the people in your guild are assholes then. Number one for basing decisions solely on a legendary, number two for not kicking that guy in the ass because he slacks on pots, gems and enchants. Because in the end that lazyness can cost you kills as well.
    Were to the point with the content that were not required to pop it though most due just to keep up to date on their WoL info and improvements. As for enchants the guild is fine with peoples enchants, some use the lower one cause the neck rolls have been really off for some of them myself included.

With that being said it still isn't taking away from the fact that they were able to leapfrog 1/2 the raid because of it. An its still a determining factor when Blizzard looks into tuning a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    Says everything about you, nothing about me.
    At best slightly amusing given the thread title you chose and the great arguments you put forth