Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That one is sexy. I almost bought it but I already had my black/gold baby:

I feel like I'm trivializing the game with my Salazzle. Super tough Totem Pokemon? No problem! Toxic then Venoshock, while spamming potions. EZ. Of course, I haven't fought anything super effective against me yet but maybe I can tank it with X DEF/SDEF items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like every time I play, I end up with six pokemon relatively early on, and just go "ok, that's my team" and use it for the rest of the game. I've been catching everything I see though, but so far, nothing has caught my eye. Except maybe that ghost sandcastle thing.

Actually, Grimer/Muk are really good this gen, because the poison/dark typing gives them like one weakness, ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Like every time I play, I end up with six pokemon relatively early on, and just go "ok, that's my team" and use it for the rest of the game. I've been catching everything I see though, but so far, nothing has caught my eye. Except maybe that ghost sandcastle thing.

Actually, Grimer/Muk are really good this gen, because the poison/dark typing gives them like one weakness, ground.
    Of which only Fabtrio is an issue. Plus the Sandcastle. Pokemon with ground weakness have it pretty easy this game. Since it seems to be a Dark/Ghost/Flying/Steel heavy game.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I've noticed the stuttering probably...5 battles out of around 40 hours of playing already.
    Really? Hm, I wonder why, I get some stutter almost every single Totem Pokemon fight, and then a bit during 2v2. On a New 3DS XL personally.

I had an issue with the first Totem fight but not really after that.

At worst there might be a half a second just complete freeze before the game catches up, and maybe its running SLIGHTLY less than 30 during then, but never enough that I'm even noticing it anymore.

Double Battles are the thing for me, and there really haven't been many.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lag happens during fights with multiple pokemon, or multiple trainers. I haven't seen many double fights, though.

Deleted
    So i hear they went the more RPGy direction this time; bombarding you with chat-bubbles; especially at the start of the game.

I'm afraid it might turn out like Digimon: Cyber Sleuth... i like the game a lot, but the amount of blabbering around is just too much for me to continue playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with all the chat, IF it manages to develop some kind of character. Pokemon NPC's are historically known to not really have any kind of personality.

The linear traveling is getting annoying though, but at least you can travel back to anywhere you've been once you beat the fire trial.

So far(Just got my fire "badge") the only con of the game for me has been the performance in double battles. My 3DS XL hangs for ~5s when I select my attack.

And the biggest struggle has been finding a Bagon, spent nearly 2 hours looking for that bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm ok with all the chat, IF it manages to develop some kind of character. Pokemon NPC's are historically known to not really have any kind of personality.

The linear traveling is getting annoying though, but at least you can travel back to anywhere you've been once you beat the fire trial.
    wait til you meet the crazy bitch. She's pretty entertaining.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Ok, gonna try it in this thread too;

I'm starting my playtrough on Moon tommorow.
    I'm looking for someone who is ready to breed me a:
    - HA, adamant male dratini ; IVs or egg-moves don't matter

What i am offering:
    - Almost any pokemon in a previous gen game; even event ones, as i have multiple of some.
    + Gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Stupid? Yet effective and the way the game was designed for. Hmmm.....

Saying not to grind at all in a game with XP, levels, and RPG elements is the only stupid thing I see being said here.

Never fight in a single wild encounter and only fight trainers you say? And beat all the games no problem this way? Without grinding trainers in rebattles like in ORAS? Uh huh. And I bet you did it blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back, while sleeping, and never actually turning your DS on right?
    If you think you can't finish the game without using wild encounter or trainer rebattles I don't know what to say. (Maybe you're just not very good ? Especially when ORAS (and RSE) are one of the "easy" Pokemon games imo)

You know that there are people beating RPG with the Minimum level requirement ? Things like finishing FFIX at lvl 1 or other challenges like that.

There is not "one right way" to play a game but I'm sorry if you think this way.

My view on "grinding" : It's not suppose to be a preemptive thing, it's a reactive thing. If you are stuck then you can go grind, if you are not stuck there is no reason to grind.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-11-24 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    This is definitely the hardest Pokemon game i have played so far.

I already got wiped out on the strongest kid on the pokemon school with a Grimer. At the begining LoL!

On the other hand this time you are a very rich kid. I bought 50 potions the first time i went to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This is definitely the hardest Pokemon game i have played so far.

I already got wiped out on the strongest kid on the pokemon school with a Grimer. At the begining LoL!

On the other hand this time you are a very rich kid. I bought 50 potions the first time i went to a shop.
    Once you get the exp share it gets trivial, just like what happened with XY (so gamefreak never learned their lesson from that). I turn it off every few levels so trainers catch up to me so it's still a least a little challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Once you get the exp share it gets trivial, just like what happened with XY (so gamefreak never learned their lesson from that). I turn it off every few levels so trainers catch up to me so it's still a least a little challenging.
    They did, the game uses the XP system of BW, if you are overleveled you will gain less and less xp and if you are underleveled you will gain a lot. The level curve of the trainers go up really fast at the end. If you have exp share off and fight only trainers, you will end up underleveled (with a team of 6).
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-11-24 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They did, the game uses the XP system of BW, if you are overleveled you will gain less and less xp and if you are underleveled you will gain a lot. The level curve of the trainers go up really fast at the end. If you have exp share off and fight only trainers, you will end up underleveled (with a team of 6).
    Doesn't matter, even with that in place I still over leveled everyone to the point where I had to turn it off. That system might work if you skip trainers but I battle every single one and catch a lot of pokemon.

Doesn't matter, even with that in place I still over leveled everyone to the point where I had to turn it off. That system might work if you skip trainers but I battle every single one and catch a lot of pokemon.
    I used exp share on Island 2 (only had 1 pokemon during Island 1) because Wimpod is shit to train. Didn't use it on Island 3 and used it again for Island 4 because when I arrived I was 6 level under the first trainer (with only 5 'mons in my team) and ended 4 level under final fight (with 6 'mons in my team). Didn't skip any trainer.

Edit : I'd like to point out that exp share is probably meant for people who like to play with more than 6 Pokemons and to rotate them into the team, I know people who leveled something like 27 'mons during their playthrough because there is a lot of choices and possibilities. The purpose is not to have it on 24/24 when only using 6 Pokemons, it's a way to bring weak pokemons back to speed with the main team.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-11-24 at 07:13 PM.

They learned their lesson fine. The lesson was "exp share early is awesome, keep doing that." :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Anyone able to tell me where to get the option to hide hats !?!?! I am on the fourth island and have seen videos of people hiding it at the start of third....
    You can just not wear a hat...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Anyone able to tell me where to get the option to hide hats !?!?! I am on the fourth island and have seen videos of people hiding it at the start of third....
    Probably in a dressing room on a shop who sells clothes.

Started pokemon moon. I have to say; loving the game, the atmosphere, the setting and how they handled it graphically. XY was a failure in my opinion and I was afraid this would be too.

That said, so far I find the game to be spectacularly easy, though, everything is, when you grind 15 Abra before finding a decent one and you outlevel other trainers by 15 to 10. Grimer is actually my main Pokemon right now. It seems to be a decent allrounder and I got the poison healing item from one of them, so unless he's hit by a truck, he actually heals a significant amount of dmg during the fight, making him extremely robust. Not to mention I'm almost going full tank, with Munch, Slow and Litten.