Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    fcking legandary system i have 3x legandary but 3x trash legandary

Does someone know how this bad luck protection works? Does it work for the entire account or per character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Functionally there's no difference between "Increased chance for 4 and no increased chance after" and "reduced chance after 4."
    Exactly. For all intents and purposes, your chances were significantly lower after 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurein View Post
    Does someone know how this bad luck protection works? Does it work for the entire account or per character?
    Per character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ion: so XD yeeaaa system fucked up but it is not our(my) fault
    Mythic players: We wasted 500+ mythic + runs.
    Ion: Dont worry system works perfectly now. working as intended.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelheim View Post
    I posted about this a few pages back-- that is the definition of a softcap.
    No it is not. Show us in the dictionary where "soft cap" is defined.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelheim View Post
    Per character.
    Thank you for answering

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Ion: so XD yeeaaa system fucked up but it is not our(my) fault
    Mythic players: We wasted 500+ mythic + runs.
    Ion: Dont worry working as intended.
    LMAO
    Try 2300 lol xD
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...vencrest/Cerli

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    you may want to read it properly first, you could earn more than 4 before it was just unlikely due to bad luck protection not helping after you got the 4th.
    Yes you could, but there was no bad luck protection after 4th one, so there was a soft cap. People don't seem to understand what soft cap means. Soft cap just means legendaries drop like any other item. So difference here was that up to 4th legendary there was a certain baseline dropchance + the increased dropchance from badluck protection.

So before fix. your chances increased for every legendary eligible content up until you got 4 legendaries. After that it was just a small baseline chance from each boss. You could still get a 5th one. But let's say each boss in mythic has a 0.1% chance of a drop a legendary. 1 - 0.999^1000 = 9.5% to get a legendary item from one of the bosses if you do 1000 bosses. But with bad luck protection that number(we don't exactly know how much each eligible content adds to the drop chance) could be like 50% or even higher after 1000 bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    XDDDD I have no words to describe it XDDDDDD

this guy can feel F U C K E D XDDDDDDDDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Dont be that stupid guy. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliara View Post
    It's not good or bad luck with legendaries dropping that bothers me, it's that there's a huge difference between legendaries that improve your dps/hps/survivability and those that don't. Getting a Sephuz's Secret as a healer is just blah. All it does is make me oom faster when it procs.
    Boomkins have a chest that increased there range by 2.5 yards and take 5% reduced damage, it doesn't have good secondaries either. It is so god damn useless that it almost angers me... now for Feral, I think it is pretty sweet as I get over 50% run speed at all times and my spells are at a 12 yard ranged as a melee.

Like most gaming terms, it doesn't appear in the dictionary-- but it's still the accepted definition.

As proof, here's five results from the first page of a google search for "soft cap", where people are asking about what the term means-- all of these are from different games and different communities, but they all have the same definition:

WoWPedia article on caps, which discusses the definition of and differences between soft and hard caps
    RIFT forums definition
    Dark Souls 2 forum on GameFAQs definition
    WoW forums definition
    Bloodborne subreddit definition

You know you're not going to find videogame neologisms like "soft cap," "tanking," or "zerg" in the dictionary. That doesn't make those terms meaningless.

What a fcking shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by Jurein View Post
    Per character.

Any time you complete something that can drop a legendary but one doesn't drop, you get an increased chance the next time you do something that can drop a legendary. This stacks until you get a legendary.

Blizzard mentioned on how long it should take on average for a player to see a legendary, I forget what it was but the week you saw them drop like candy was the week they said it would be.

Some guy attempted to do the math after that to predict the chance of it dropping but this was a while ago and chances are it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    You know you're not going to find videogame neologisms like "soft cap," "tanking," or "zerg" in the dictionary. That doesn't make those terms meaningless.
    Of course not, but it doesn't mean some cheeto-beard gets to trot them out as universally-accepted terms with established definitions, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Excuse me did you read the post or you just rushed in to insult everyone? At no point was it said there was a soft cap all they said was that past 4 normal luck took place without buffs against bad luck.

Normal luck means you can still win the lottery any time any place but your chance is not buffed.
    That's why it's called "soft cap" not "hard cap". I.e you can still get legendaries but the chances were lower for the 5th one than for the 4th one if you more than one legendary eligible content. And the more content you did the difference in chance became greater between 4th and 5th which really would screw over a lot of people, just not hardcore raiders in the long run. Imagine if you're a casual and finally got your 4th legendary, but all were bad ones. Well now your chances of getting a 5th one is much slimmer. If hardcore raiders are frustrated to the point that they are rerolling, imagine how a that casual that don't have the time to reroll would feel? That's why blizzard admitted it they had a "soft cap" and that they are removing it.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-11-24 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Yes you could, but there was no bad luck protection after 4th one, so there was a soft cap. People don't seem to understand what soft cap means. Soft cap just means legendaries drop like any other item. So difference here was that up to 4th legendary there was a certain baseline dropchance + the increased dropchance from badluck protection.

So before fix. your chances increased for every legendary eligible content up until you got 4 legendaries. After that it was just a small baseline chance from each boss. You could still get a 5th one. But let's say each boss in mythic has a 0.1% chance of a drop a legendary. 1 - 0.999^1000 = 9.5% to get a legendary item from one of the bosses if you do 1000 bosses. But with bad luck protection that number(we don't exactly know how much each eligible content adds to the drop chance) could be like 50% or even higher after 1000 bosses.
    "soft cap" can mean for everyone something totally different though. Some people have defined here "soft cap" as a temporary cap for legendaries you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Just stop or else what? You will insult me even more for having my own opinion?
    You seem to be less sure of yourself now as you've downgraded your point from "self-evidently correct" to "just my opinion."

Fine, don't stop. Entertain us further.