Thread: [Music] Metal

Track of the day - Rammstein "Du Hast"

Incubus are a new band to me, that wasn't too shabby, shall have to trawl for some more I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    What do you consider filler on the first 3?
    "Jump in the Fire" and "No Remorse" from Kill 'em All, "Escape" from Ride the Lightning - can't think of any from Master of Puppets. "Moth Into Flame", "Spit Out The Bone" and Atlas Rising" are better IMO.
    Last edited by Davemetalhead; 2016-12-03 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something for the traditionalists among us then:

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    What do you consider filler on the first 3?
    Filler might have been the wrong word, but I do think these songs are much worse than the rest of the albums.

Kill 'Em All: Hit The Lights, Motorbreath, Jump in the Fire and Phantom Lord
    Ride The Lightning: Nothing, RTL is their best album.
    Master of Puppets: The Thing That Should Not Be, first half of Leper Messiah (it basically turns into a completely different song halfway though).
    ... And Justice For All: Eye of the Beholder, Harvester of Sorrow

Again, I don't think they "suck", but any of the above could easily be replaced by the better material on Hardwired, and it wouldn't sound out of place (assuming the proper production was added ofc).

Not sure how many of the ppl here are into Power Metal, but it's time for some cheese. One of my fav PM bands:

Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2016-12-03 at 11:47 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Daw, cute puppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Something for the traditionalists among us then:

I listened to this for the first time last week, it fucking ruled.

Also it's too much work to quote the two of you saying certain songs are filler, but of what was said I 100% disagree that Escape(no matter how much James hates it), Jump in the Fire, Eye of the Beholder, and No Remorse are filler. The rest are debatable IMO.

Dragonland is awesome.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-12-04 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harvester of Sorrow is one of the best tracks on And Justice for All in my opinion.

Pretty decent black metal from Lahti, Finland.

Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-12-04 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted

New Mechina. These guys are making sick music each year.

I'm just a bit disappointed that there's no grunts at all. But it's another album I'm looking forward to, it's always an epic journey.

Track of the day - King Diamond "Help!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I was aware that A Canorous Quintet was still active as This Ending, but from what I heard it sounded like the modern iteration of their sound wasn't like their old material at all. As it turns out, they released a new album this year and I can still hear flashes of their old material come through. Probably one of the best modern melo-death acts.
    Yeah, amazing album. I also posted it a bunch of pages back! Finally something we agree on!

Boundaries of Hell is the best track, with that riff at 11:20 blowing me away every single time I hear it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Wait, you did? I don't remember if I just missed it or if I was still under the misconception that their new material was no good. I've only listened to a few tracks, but I'll try to listen to the full thing soon.

If you like that album, I definitely recommend the stuff they released in the 90s as A Canorous Quintet. They were even better back then if you ask me.
    I'm pretty sure I did. Although with so many stuff posted in this thread, it might've gone lost

Regarding their older stuff, I can give it a try.

I've got to know these guys through Amon Amarth.

Deleted
    Stumbled upon this album just now. This is the sound Insomnium used to have, extremely melodic, yet aggressive. Haven't finished it yet but damn, this is pleasing to my ears!

Some cheesy power metal!

Track of the day - Dearly Beheaded "Temptation"

Hmm, I'm getting a lot of "black boxes" in the thread, instead of embedded videos. Some work and some don't? Anyone have an idea why that is? I'd hate to miss out on something good

Edit: I realize it might be because the songs have been removed from youtube potentially (copyright or something) but I'm getting them from posts not all that long ago, so I thought I'd ask if it's just me or not.

Edit 2: I think I've fixed it; it had something to do with a chrome extension. I suggest if anyone else has these problems to check some of the settings on their browser!
    Last edited by daem; 2016-12-07 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Hmm, I'm getting a lot of "black boxes" in the thread, instead of embedded videos. Some work and some don't? Anyone have an idea why that is? I'd hate to miss out on something good

Edit: I realize it might be because the songs have been removed from youtube potentially (copyright or something) but I'm getting them from posts not all that long ago, so I thought I'd ask if it's just me or not.
    I'm not getting any - went back around 5 pages or so.

Track of the day - EvilDead "The 'Hood"

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Repka.

The new Ash Borer caught me a bit off guard because it's mixed a lot differently than their previous stuff, but it's been growing on me all week. Been listening to it all day lol.

Anyway, I've been listening to a bunch of American BM recently. My two favorites in the past couple weeks are Judas Iscariot and Ritual. I've always heard a lot about JI, dunno why I never listened to em earlier

Here's Ritual:
    Last edited by Ashborer; 2016-12-08 at 11:20 PM.

Never heard Ritual, I've jammed some Judas Iscariot before and dug it. I think I'll listen to the rest of his discog and then check out Ritual today while I'm working.

If anyone else uses last.fm to keep track of what you have listened to, their year end thinggie is out. Apparently I spent a very large portion of the beginning of the year listening to Timeless Miracle on repeat
    http://www.last.fm/user/Nazzadan/listening-report/year

Here is their metal-archives page: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ritual/5491

I highly recommend their first full length, The Summoning

Track of the day - Evile "Cult"