Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    A fine point.
    But my question was about how do I get invited, not how do I create my own groups.

It's literally bollocks. This evening I wanted to do some +7 or higher M+ for a chest reward and all I've seen were insane groups demanding 880+ gear for +6-7 dungeons.

And noone cares to hear my explanations what is doable in what gear.
    Feth, I have gear from M+7 or M+8 dungeons, which proves I've done them, but people will not listen or care.
    I told you how to get invited. You have to do something you don't want to. You need to make your own groups to get better gear so that you can get invited to other groups. If your question was how do I get invited NOW, then I'd tell you to curtail your expectations (i.e. stick to +2s-5s) or not participate. There frankly isn't another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Ret AoE being insane? Yeah, no. It is pretty average at best. All of you that say we are good at aoe, haven't played with good players who know what they are doing.

Not an aweful lot of classes who can win in total damage? Let me name a few that win by default (obviously assuming equal skill level);
    - Fire mage
    - Havoc dh
    - WW monk
    - Frost DK
    - Ele sham (yes they are actually really good in mythic+, contrary to popular belief)

If you keep claiming that you are #1 in damage in most mythic+, you really need to start playing with better players.
    Maybe you need to get better then? And for reference the players I play with parse in the 95%+ percentile, my brother and I have held top 10 world parses (in old heroic/mythic content) numerous times across our raiding careers.

Without a single one of us stepping foot in mythic raids this expac we're knocking on +15s, and that's playing once or twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    They're not interested in what you think is doable, or even what you've done. They're interested in putting together the group most likely to help them progress their character with the least effort possible. They might manage it even if they settled for the 2nd or 3rd best players available for every slot the group, but why should they? If you are not the #1 strongest candidate applying for that spot on the team, what does it matter that you're probably good enough? Why settle for ok when you have options for even better?

Of course you make exceptions for friends and guild mates. That's why these threads always have people suggesting "Make friends!" "Join a guild!".

Of course you are not the only player in your predicament. That's why these threads always have people suggesting "Start your own group! Invite the other players who are struggling to find groups!"

^^Both of these strats work; I've used them myself. I pugged with 5 toons in WoD and early Legion; two of those were DPS. I know all about starting a group as DPS, filling those other two DPS slots right away, then having to wait 20 minutes for a tank or healer. Learning to sell your group, e.g., "Experienced team/Alt run". Back then I sent friend requests to every competent group leader, tank, and healer I met - once they knew me and knew I could be counted on, it was that much easier to group with them again. Since then I've joined an active guild. Now my game time is spent in Discord with friends forming pickup groups day and night. We laugh with each other, learn from each other, carry each others' alts, and rarely have to stress about pugs.
    wanna be friends ? lol nah but in all seriousness, this is exactly what I will have to do then. thanks for your post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I told you how to get invited. You have to do something you don't want to. You need to make your own groups to get better gear so that you can get invited to other groups. If your question was how do I get invited NOW, then I'd tell you to curtail your expectations (i.e. stick to +2s-5s) or not participate. There frankly isn't another option.

Maybe you need to get better then? And for reference the players I play with parse in the 95%+ percentile, my brother and I have held top 10 world parses (in old heroic/mythic content) numerous times across our raiding careers.

Without a single one of us stepping foot in mythic raids this expac we're knocking on +15s, and that's playing once or twice a week.
    While I agree with everything you have contributed to this thread, I like your outlook on everything you have mentioned,
    but that being said, its so much easier for someone who has friends, people they have rocked with and people who kick ass just like they do to just throw out start your own group, farm better gear. That is easier for some harder for others, a bit like the 1% telling the lower to mid class that they could be millionaires if they work harder and put more work into it.
    I know its a game but its not that easy for some.
    My point in this whole thing was if we offered more then we do now maybe it would serve those who want not just high ilvl but better classes to invite us the same way they would take a 865 dh/wwm/mage over a 865 ret paly,
    And i will try my best to fight my shyness, nervousness to be liked and form a group myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thejedimex View Post
    wanna be friends ? lol nah but in all seriousness, this is exactly what I will have to do then. thanks for your post

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree with everything you have contributed to this thread, I like your outlook on everything you have mentioned,
    but that being said, its so much easier for someone who has friends, people they have rocked with and people who kick ass just like they do to just throw out start your own group, farm better gear. That is easier for some harder for others, a bit like the 1% telling the lower to mid class that they could be millionaires if they work harder and put more work into it.
    I know its a game but its not that easy for some.
    My point in this whole thing was if we offered more then we do now maybe it would serve those who want not just high ilvl but better classes to invite us the same way they would take a 865 dh/wwm/mage over a 865 ret paly,
    And i will try my best to fight my shyness, nervousness to be liked and form a group myself.
    Don't be shy or nervous. Form a group, you can put in the description looking for friendly players to beat the content, etc. It may take a little bit to put a group together, but you'll get one and maybe a friend request or two EACH TIME you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Don't be shy or nervous. Form a group, you can put in the description looking for friendly players to beat the content, etc. It may take a little bit to put a group together, but you'll get one and maybe a friend request or two EACH TIME you do it.
    Thank you for not being mean. As I wrote my reply to u I was worried u might read it the wrong way. I will try my best to not be shy this week when I get to play again and form some groups and meet some friends.

so basically, why overecome, why prevail, why surpass yourself, why push yourself to the max when you can overgear content.

Reminds me of good old tBC days when they would demand you to be at least t4 geared to do daily heroic.

Sorry not for coming off as somewhat negative or abrasive.
    Guess I just don't like this mentality, this approach.
    Or do not want to adapt to it.

so basically, why overecome, why prevail, why surpass yourself, why push yourself to the max when you can overgear content.

Reminds me of good old tBC days when they would demand you to be at least t4 geared to do daily heroic.

Sorry not for coming off as somewhat negative or abrasive.
    Guess I just don't like this mentality, this approach.
    Or do not want to adapt to it.
    You have control over that, though. Like the other person said, you just have to do something you don't want to do first. You just have to find a group of friends or make your own. It's more work but at the end of the day isn't that your point, anyway? You're not looking to faceroll the instance by out-gearing it significantly, so it's certainly not like you're looking for handouts. If you want to surpass and push yourself, a good place to start is... well, starting it yourself. That way you get to choose who comes to your group and can find like-minded people, maybe even make a few dungeon buddies that you'll run with again later.

You don't have to like or accept the mentality, but if you do absolutely nothing to counter it you're not helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You have control over that, though. Like the other person said, you just have to do something you don't want to do first. You just have to find a group of friends or make your own. It's more work but at the end of the day isn't that your point, anyway? You're not looking to faceroll the instance by out-gearing it significantly, so it's certainly not like you're looking for handouts. If you want to surpass and push yourself, a good place to start is... well, starting it yourself. That way you get to choose who comes to your group and can find like-minded people, maybe even make a few dungeon buddies that you'll run with again later.

You don't have to like or accept the mentality, but if you do absolutely nothing to counter it you're not helping either.
    fair enough.
    I do have friends , mostly guildies with whom I can get into 6+ and higher Ms .
    But this problem of mine is that I do not always play at the same time as my friends do.

Guess what I want is for general population to stop being such a retarded bunch of raging manhoods and ease up with ilvl requirements.
    It's ridicilous.

A fine point.
    But my question was about how do I get invited, not how do I create my own groups.

It's literally bollocks. This evening I wanted to do some +7 or higher M+ for a chest reward and all I've seen were insane groups demanding 880+ gear for +6-7 dungeons.

And noone cares to hear my explanations what is doable in what gear.
    Feth, I have gear from M+7 or M+8 dungeons, which proves I've done them, but people will not listen or care.
    This game is more about gear than skill, ofc skill still plays a big role, but gear plays a big one aswell, and ppl know that if someone has 880+ gear they probably have some degree of skill aswell.

because of the shear ammount of rewards a M+ gives they are hot right now even for the high ilevel pool of players, and ppl making groups know that those players are looking for groups so they ofc take those

The solution in this case like it was said before is making your own groups.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2016-12-07 at 11:18 PM.

ech, did a +9 WV before weekly chest reward.
    Ofcourse got nothing from chests at the end of dungeon and a downgrade pair of gloves from Class Hall chest.

feelslikeusual.
    How do I get upgrades when shit just won't drop

Deleted
    I started running mythic+ outside my circle of friends once I reached ilevel 865 and on average I need about 3-5min to find a group. Just a little tip: Keep high ilevel gear and wear it when you apply, those few itemlevels you can pat really help out a lot.

It really depends on your haste I'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoy1 View Post
    I started running mythic+ outside my circle of friends once I reached ilevel 865 and on average I need about 3-5min to find a group. Just a little tip: Keep high ilevel gear and wear it when you apply, those few itemlevels you can pat really help out a lot.
    The dungeon finder already shows your highest possible ilvl you can equip in bags, when applying to groups.

Seems like we are pretty stable. I don't see any real issues with the class / spec when played correctly but like previously stated before, we arent very desirable and most my Mythic + runs are with guildies as it seems almost impossible at times to get an invite from group finder.

Deleted
    I stopped bothering with the LFG tool weeks ago. I just pretend it does not exist.

Either I run M+ with guildies, or I rather not run them at all. Last two weeks I haven't done any M+ (so no weekly chests) because we have literally 3 tanks in our big guild (30+ ppl online on raid evenings, 20+ on off-days), one runs exclusively with his own closed circle clique, the second is a raid logger, never active outside raiding days, and the third is one actually fighting cancer IRL

I will rather not do any mythics at all, and spend the huge amounts of suddenly available free time on playing other games or reading books or whatever. Much less depressing than declined declined declined declined even though you are applying for content that doesn't drop any gear upgrades unless they get warforged.

once you get keystone master you start declining keys for better keys and what's the odd!! when you see the key holder whispering you why did you decline

I just started using my Ret offspec, holy main right now. Granted, it's not 100% fully optimized, but most of my key stats are 6-8k, and about 881.

Either I have no idea wtf I am doing, or Ret is just bad without their key legendary. If I could do 300k constantly on a boss I would be ecstatic, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    Edit:depend on the mythic lvl
    if mythic +7-13 show the key conqueror Ach with 885+ gear you'll get accepted
    for 875+ ilvl you can apply on mythic + 2-6
    for 865+ it's so rare to take a Ret with this ilvl, Ret dps scale with better gear and higher ilvl
    Note:getting declined doesn't mean they don't need you , sure it depend on the ilvl that you have
    but maybe the key holder already have a plate dps or maybe 2.
    We also don't provide Brez or lust. I know I try to get those covered when forming a group.

- - - Updated - - -

ech, did a +9 WV before weekly chest reward.
    Ofcourse got nothing from chests at the end of dungeon and a downgrade pair of gloves from Class Hall chest.

feelslikeusual.
    How do I get upgrades when shit just won't drop
    Form a carry group, do most +6-8s. 3 chest over and over again and watch as you get some 880+ procs. In the end, it helps to have a guild and prove yourself in raids. Then they know you are decent enough to do challenging content.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Form a carry group, do most +6-8s. 3 chest over and over again and watch as you get some 880+ procs. In the end, it helps to have a guild and prove yourself in raids. Then they know you are decent enough to do challenging content.
    been there, done that.
    It seems the Light wants me to thrive off of pure skill, so I'm blessed with as little luck regarding drops and upgrades as possible

Ret is legitimately overpowered in M+. I can't even conceive how that bad average rating on warcraftlogs comes about. First of all, our aoe damage is top tier... I went into this in depth in other threads (actually, was it this one maybe?), but I feel like I'm untouchable in M+ in terms of damage with the exception of some classes under certain circumstances, like WW monks when a lot of enemies are around.

That doesn't even consider the mind boggingly insane utility we have. Panic button full heal, tons of damage mitigation with eye for an eye, shield of vengeance, + auto bubble proc. Blessing of protection has such insane utility that is not commonly used its insane. For example, you can will have no problem pulling all of black rook hold bat stairs to the boss (we do this at +12 even with fortified), when the tank aggros the ones initially, gets healed a bit by healer, and you BOP the healer so he cant take damage, then bomb everything at the top with AOE stun + kiting, GG ez... That trick in particular is useful in loads of situations. Just bop healer and your survival chances are increased by orders of magnitude. Or you can bop yourself and taunt a hard hitting boss for 5 seconds to eat some ability that would do insane damage otherwise (really useful on tyrannical).

We have a boost group consisting of 3 paladins (1 prot, 2 ret) that can reliably boost keys up to +12 in time even if the fifth person joining does nothing, because our combined utiltiy allows us to survive almost everything and we always have cooldowns ready on at least one of us to do the hard work. With 7.1.5, we two rets are considering to equip utility legendaries that increase our survivability further because of this (such as prydaz + the shield of vengeance bracers) instead of the typical bis ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    Ret is legitimately overpowered in M+. I can't even conceive how that bad average rating on warcraftlogs comes about. First of all, our aoe damage is top tier... I went into this in depth in other threads (actually, was it this one maybe?), but I feel like I'm untouchable in M+ in terms of damage with the exception of some classes under certain circumstances, like WW monks when a lot of enemies are around.

That doesn't even consider the mind boggingly insane utility we have. Panic button full heal, tons of damage mitigation with eye for an eye, shield of vengeance, + auto bubble proc. Blessing of protection has such insane utility that is not commonly used its insane. For example, you can will have no problem pulling all of black rook hold bat stairs to the boss (we do this at +12 even with fortified), when the tank aggros the ones initially, gets healed a bit by healer, and you BOP the healer so he cant take damage, then bomb everything at the top with AOE stun + kiting, GG ez... That trick in particular is useful in loads of situations. Just bop healer and your survival chances are increased by orders of magnitude. Or you can bop yourself and taunt a hard hitting boss for 5 seconds to eat some ability that would do insane damage otherwise (really useful on tyrannical).

We have a boost group consisting of 3 paladins (1 prot, 2 ret) that can reliably boost keys up to +12 in time even if the fifth person joining does nothing, because our combined utiltiy allows us to survive almost everything and we always have cooldowns ready on at least one of us to do the hard work. With 7.1.5, we two rets are considering to equip utility legendaries that increase our survivability further because of this (such as prydaz + the shield of vengeance bracers) instead of the typical bis ones.
    Your friends must be amazing players.

11/10 post.