Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Did the baby murder or rape somebody? Not sure how executing a murderer and killing an innocent child can be thought of as the same thing.
    Dunno, it doesn't have a functioning brain, or body yet. It's kinda like a jelly fish but uglier.

As much as I am against later term abortion, 6 weeks is too soon. Killing a fetus when it is viable to live on its own as a human being is murder. What makes us better than the Spartans who threw babies off cliffs who had a disability or was a girl by protecting late term abortions?

The whole Roe v Wade case is difficult, because the way they made up "right to privacy" to encompass abortions was kind of bullshit. Roe V Wade was entirely interpretation, so with a change of Justices I can see how it can get turned into a state issue or possible draft an ammendment to the constitution. However, with the number of conservative states I don't see that happening. I would be fine if abortion just stayed the way it is now.

To the people saying "those darn bible-thumpers"; think about what they believe. If you saw abortion as cold-blooded murder, would you stand idly by as millions were killed? They aren't trying to take women's rights away, they are trying to preserve the rights of human life (babies). The saying "I have the right to do what I want with my body" is irrelevant if the issue is about the other life inside of you. Unless you may die or have serious health issues or complications "muh body" shouldn't apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just give the baby up for adoption and lowering the cost to adopt an American child to help get them into homes that want them.
    As long as you are willing tp pay the costs of having the woman house the baby for 9 months. I mean ALL the costs.

Also, therapy for women who were raped / incest and have to carry the baby

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just give the baby up for adoption and lowering the cost to adopt an American child to help get them into homes that want them.
    From what I know, adoption isn't all that great.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Can't you basically get all the way to the six week limit while reasonably unaware that you're even pregnant if you aren't expecting it?
    Yep. If you are 2 weeks late and you finally figure you might be pregnant, sorry but you've passed the deadline to get a abortion. It's fucked.

Why wait so long to get an abortion?

Did the baby murder or rape somebody? Not sure how executing a murderer and killing an innocent child can be thought of as the same thing.
    It can't. Also abortion isn't murder, as the fetus is not an autonomous, self-aware person. The fetus is developing tissue. So tell me exactly how developing tissue ranks above a thinking, feeling human person?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Not my problem, I'd rather not have my tax money spent on destroying life.
    Interesting to see a republican who's against military spending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    wait times, baby dadyd might poof, medical issues with baby might come up,, ect..

also, yeah 6 weeks many women wont even know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Yep. If you are 2 weeks late and you finally figure you might be pregnant, sorry but you've passed the deadline to get a abortion. It's fucked.
    You're missing the obvious solution. Just make sure to stock up on pregnancy tests and use them each time you go to the bathroom. Take some responsibilty!

DUH

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It would need to be a child first before this statement applies.

Fetus=/=Child
    Good for Ohio for pissing off lefties more than the Trump election win did!

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of women wouldn't be aware they were pregnant at six weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I will go further in that conservatives do not care once the child is born.
    Well, they should. They're supposed to. You can't call yourself "pro-life" if you don't also care what happens to that child once it's born.

And I still, to this day, do not understand the reticence on the part of Republicans and so-called "conservatives" towards providing contraception freely to anyone who needs it. This would slash the number of abortions by a ridiculous amount, as well as prevent more children being added to Welfare rolls.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

We really need better science courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Probably the part where we don't throw born babies off a cliff.
    LUL... fair enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think six weeks is enough time to decide if you want to murder your off spring or not. Liberals say Trumps transition is in disarray because he hasn't named a Secretary of State by now, and it's been far less than six weeks.
    uh no its not. Missed periods can take up to 4 weeks to realize, and people with spotty or irregular periods can take even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Please do it. Put an 18 year old inside your body. All of it, the entirety of the 18 year old. All at the same time. Once the 18 year old is full emmersed in your body, you are welcome to kill it if you like.
    Changing the rules I see. Quite typical when faced with such an emotional subject such as this.
    If you want to be like that so can I. There are people that exist that are very very small as adults and there are people that exist that are quite large as adults. It could conceivably be done.

Cheerio my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    As long as you are willing tp pay the costs of having the woman house the baby for 9 months. I mean ALL the costs.

Also, therapy for women who were raped / incest and have to carry the baby
    Nvm being forced to birthe it, which is a very traumatic experience, as that there immigrant Irish lady can attest to. As in she immigrated to Ireland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, they should. They're supposed to. You can't call yourself "pro-life" if you don't also care what happens to that child once it's born.

And I still, to this day, do not understand the reticence on the part of Republicans and so-called "conservatives" towards providing contraception freely to anyone who needs it. This would slash the number of abortions by a ridiculous amount, as well as prevent more children being added to Welfare rolls.
    Because their policy isn't about 'protecting children', it's about restricting women.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're missing the obvious solution. Just make sure to stock up on pregnancy tests and use them each time you go to the bathroom. Take some responsibilty!

DUH
    I was going to suggest this. Pee on the stick every day you're late to maximize your abortion chances. Think of the profits pregnancy tests can take in!