Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It wouldn't be a Q&A without Ion mentioning those awful legendary warlock pants LOL

You know how bad they are by the way they keep talking them up. The universal reaction to getting those is not "A legendary!" it is "oh fuck, I got that piece of junk which lower smy chance of getting a good one"

It's like a bonus roll giving you gold.
    Actually it highers your chances, since you should not get them a second time :-)

Hey they talked about warlocks

"Incidentally--Imp/Succubus/Voidwalker/Felhunter/Felguard all deal 20% more damage. Most of that was datamined normally, but in particular, the increase to Felguard's attack power likely was not (simply because it's something that happens server-side)."

More nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

"Incidentally--Imp/Succubus/Voidwalker/Felhunter/Felguard all deal 20% more damage. Most of that was datamined normally, but in particular, the increase to Felguard's attack power likely was not (simply because it's something that happens server-side)."

More nerfs.
    How the... is that even a nerf to you? Really?

I have to remember that live Shadow Priest is the most op shit never throwed into this game, and they actually seem pretty concerned about buffing it, seems like be out from doing 50% more dmg than everyone else is unnaceptable for shadow priest.

Meanwhile, affli get nerfs and demon nothing.

More nerfs.
    What the ever loving fuck are you talking about? The pet buff is just that, a buff, to any of our basic pets, meaning Demonology sees a buff to its Felguard and the other specs see Service as more attractive based on the encounter needs.

In regards to Shadow, Surrender is being basically butchered and Shadow is basically worse than the damn tanks without it. The entire spec was being propped up by that bullshit gimmick and Shadow is easily the worst DPS spec in the game, BY FAR, without that gimmick propping them up. They actually needed buffs like that and I'm not letting my own class bias interfere with that.

Affliction has seen nothing but buffs on this cycle. New Empowered Life Tap is a new OPTION, thanks to Contagion being buffed, and all three talents on that row have niche strengths. Malefic Grasp pushed Affliction into awesome single target territory when you can afford to plant and channel. Both Malefic Grasp and Contagion pushed Soul Conduit up to where we have the option to say "fuck Effigy" and take something else. The tier nerfs for Affliction would be because of how stupid it would have been with the new buffs and was to avoid a situation where the spec has to be nerfed because of the tier.

Demo could still use an adjustment or two, and the numbers haven't been settled for Destruction yet either, but this sky is falling victim complex where you see everything as doom and nerfs, even when it's not, is just fucking absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    with 108% mastery and 40k int i get 600k~ crits with UA with 4p set and legendary bracers(4% dmg ones) are you talking about sindorei spite or what?
    Bracers are stretens. Artifact level 39. mastery with set is 127%. otherwise gears are as on life: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ermoon/Norzaki

If they say that is incidentally means that they are going to revert it, arent they? Or Im wrong? (Hope so)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    900k is with the Sin'dorei Spite bracers so the chances of you channeling into 5 UA while having Sin'dorei up alongside enough shards + souls is next to non existent.
    Bracers are strettens (one that I already got). SC with extra shard generation gives quite a lot of chances to put 5 UA. when channeling MG, right after casting 5 UA, one of them are at the last tick. but 12% chance to reaply during the reap works often enough. gear is similar to what is on life http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ermoon/Norzaki except 4set (from PTR vendor), legendary cloak and another ammi (890 that is not upgrade on life)
    Last edited by Norzaki; 2016-12-08 at 04:10 PM.

If they say that is incidentally means that they are going to revert it, arent they? Or Im wrong? (Hope so)
    It's intentional it just got overlooked in the notes by a lot of people because they just scan to their class section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

There is nothing to revert. What you quoted is a straight 20% damage gain for Pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Norzaki View Post
    Bracers are strettens (one that I already got). SC with extra shard generation gives quite a lot of chances to put 5 UA. when channeling MG, right after casting 5 UA, one of them are at the last tick. but 12% chance to reaply during the reap works often enough. gear is similar to what is on life http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ermoon/Norzaki except 4set (from PTR vendor), legendary cloak and another ammi (890 that is not upgrade on life)
    We're talking a difference of 300k from what people are seeing so unless you have pictures of said UA with crits upward of 900k, I don't believe these numbers.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2016-12-08 at 04:33 PM.

The pet damage buff doesn't come close to compensating for the synergy nerf. It just makes Service better for lower target fights.

Demonbolt makes up 25-30% of your damage, another larger percentage is wild imps which aren't affected by that 20% buff. Thal'Kiel is your 3rd-4th highest damage source, also affected by the synergy nerf.

So Synergy buff affects one of your largest damage sources while only buffing a felguard as compensation -- the felguard at best can do 20% of your damage.

That's not taking into account the haste loss, which won't be compensated by int since haste for demo is considerably above int.

Those aura buffs better be more than just 20% extra damage for felguard.

Incidentally means "on a side note," not "accidentally".

@Lucrece Felguard is around 13-14% of your damage as demonology. Imps top at around 20-25% of your dmg, next comes demonbolt and felguard who will compete with each other, demonbolt should barely edge out felguard but depending on encounter sometimes doesn't. Thalkiels does a lil more than a 3rd the dmg of felguard, sometimes half with good rng. Doom should compete with the felguard as well.

I imagine its mostly a wash.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    They have a lot of time to buffing shadow and talk about it, but too to nerf the Affli tier and nothing else to demon: where are the usual blizzard defenders?
    The affliction tier set was massively powerful, particularly as the two effects synergise: you'd have had 25% more shards and therefor elots more UA's doing 20% more damage.

What they have done is to bake more damage into the spec and reduce it from the tier armour. I think that's better. Gear crutches are bad, for one thing not everone will be able to get the sets at all.

With the hefty buffs to affliction the tier sets were ludicrously strong. I'm not at all suprised to see them reduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    How the... is that even a nerf to you? Really?
    Wouldn't suprise me to see the guardian pets buffed as well eventually. I suggested that demo's nerfs would be compensated for by a shift in the damage to the pets: that's the whole idea of demo. Also it might make DE feel more valued. Synergy makes you reliant on RNgesus and can produce very spikey results with TKC.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it means that the pet buffs didn't tend to show up in datamining, and specifically the Felguard one probably wouldn't. It is suggestive that the "buff aura" is going to apply to demo in some way perhaps.

Cool, pets are buffed -- just dont move. As they havent even addressed the movement issues.

....I have Norgannons tho and in the patch it allows moving when you stand still. But that sucks for people who don't. It's more crap being balanced around insane RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    You mean the one that doesn't work in pvp which is the only time it would be useful, in fact it has pissed off groups i have been in tanks as they try and gather mobs for aoe spam.
    I dunno how community doesn't talk about that Ring. It's really useless for anything, even Sephuz and Prydaz have some utility, but not that one.

I'd like to see that ring turns into a 25% more Corruption dmg or duration.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I dunno how community doesn't talk about that Ring. It's really useless for anything, even Sephuz and Prydaz have some utility, but not that one.

I'd like to see that ring turns into a 25% more Corruption dmg or duration.
    The ring is a weird one. Certainly early on there didn't seem to be enough aff players for there to be any serious noise about their legendaries. Now I think people have it in the back of their minds that there are certain possible situations where it'll be great. The trouble is if those situations ever actually occur.

Past raids have had a whole bunch of uses for a permanent 60% aoe slow, but with slows being rare in PvE specs these days I'm not sure how many times we'll see that sort of thing again. If they ever do though people will be falling over themselves to find locks with the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    The ring is a weird one. Certainly early on there didn't seem to be enough aff players for there to be any serious noise about their legendaries. Now I think people have it in the back of their minds that there are certain possible situations where it'll be great. The trouble is if those situations ever actually occur.

Past raids have had a whole bunch of uses for a permanent 60% aoe slow, but with slows being rare in PvE specs these days I'm not sure how many times we'll see that sort of thing again. If they ever do though people will be falling over themselves to find locks with the ring.
    Or they can tell a shaman to bring earthgrab for a similar effect, or druid typhoon, or the snares/control mages already bring without a legendary.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-12-08 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Wouldn't suprise me to see the guardian pets buffed as well eventually. I suggested that demo's nerfs would be compensated for by a shift in the damage to the pets: that's the whole idea of demo. Also it might make DE feel more valued. Synergy makes you reliant on RNgesus and can produce very spikey results with TKC.
    Demonbolt's active pet damage bonus is also nerfed. Just as many (if not all) abilities that took advantage of GoSyn (I mean GoSyn nerf itself). One can hope those nerfs indicate that they are planning to buff guardian pets' duration. That would be better (for QoL at least) instead of a flat damage increase, imho.

Deleted

There was a lot of complaining during the Legendary feedback phase of beta, nothing changed since it was ignored. Just like the rest of the warlock feedback! Well, 95% of it at least.

I'm waiting for the M+20 with Locks just kiting the whole instance while the rest of the group does the bosses :P