Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does triggered really mean all that much now after the left started using it unironically?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Calling half your fanbase a bunch of nazis is going to piss people off no matter what happens. Screw off.
    The empire watches the star wars movies? Universe collapsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Ghostbusters was enjoyable enough, but it missed so many opportunities to take advantage of the original IP. Waste imo.
    Which is strange because Paul Fieg has done some pretty great films.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If you think about it, most people in the world:

- Are not white but were at some point or another ruled by whites, and thus would naturally would be against white people as a rule
    They were also at some point ruled by Races other than White. Seems most just like to hate White Rulers because Whites did it the best and for the longest period.

Every one Race has taken turns at being Slaves and Conquerors, most just get butthurt they weren't the best at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Does triggered really mean all that much now after the left started using it unironically?
    Not really. But freaking out over a movie, cereal, or a play still qualifies for triggered to me. As much as people freaking out over a video game character's outfit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Ferngully as a total unit is pretty bad, in my opinion. Tim Curry was the sole saving grace...kinda like Gilbert Gottfried and Aladdin 2.
    Come on now, Robin Williams as Batty was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Not really. But freaking out over a movie, cereal, or a play still qualifies for triggered to me. As much as people freaking out over a video game character's outfit.
    People that freak out about it are idiots. People that are critical of it are not. You can be critical of something without freaking out or being an idiot about it.

Yes, because some reasons were laughably stupid.

Being mad it was all women vs the many problems with the script. Or insert 4-5 other actual complaints about the movie.

Surely this concept of context isn't new to you?
    So you didn't read. I said triggered ABOUT people not liking the movie. Not the movie.

But, hey. I didn't like the movie, so I hate women now. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is strange because Paul Fieg has done some pretty great films.
    Really? I'd say with the exception of Freaks and Geeks and Knocked Up which he wasn't even the main "creator" his filmography is mostly just steaming piles of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    People that freak out about it are idiots. People that are critical of it are not. You can be critical of something without freaking out or being an idiot about it.
    Whats there to be critical about a fact like the empire being a scifi fantasy copy of germany from Lucas point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Plus you could tell ghostbuster was gona suck a miles away, the trailer jokes were all just cringe city. Rogue one trailers have been pretty good, im more existed for that movie than Episode 7.
    The first ones gave me hope, then I saw the scene where [insert girl power] happened and I just facepalmed.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the freak out though? Triggleypuff is a good example of triggering. Is starting a hashtag the same thing to you? The term has really been watered down at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The first ones gave me hope, then I saw the scene where [insert girl power] happened and I just facepalmed.
    Which trailer was that? The one where she beats a bunch of stormtrooper? Why is it girl power stuff, the blind guy beats a bunch of them with a staff lol. Or do you mean ghostbuster trailer, sorry im confused. Id say the first rogue one trailer was its worse, still good, the i rebel line, so much cheese tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So you didn't read. I said triggered ABOUT people not liking the movie. Not the movie.

But, hey. I didn't like the movie, so I hate women now. /shrug
    ...jesus christ you're trying way too hard. I never claimed this.

But feel free to act just like a SJW and be a victim.

What was the freak out though? Triggleypuff is a good example of triggering. Is starting a hashtag the same thing to you? The term has really been watered down at this point.
    Uhhh everybody burning boxes of kelloggs cereal? Recording themselves throwing cereal in the toliet pretending they were sending a message?

Sure, Trigglypuff is hilarious, and even moreso that she actually did it in public, but that doesn't make what they did any less stupid.

...jesus christ you're trying way too hard. I never claimed this.

But feel free to act just like a SJW and be a victim.
    I don't think so. I'm pretty ambivalent about the fact I hate women now.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sureeeee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Which trailer was that? The one where she beats a bunch of stormtrooper? Why is it girl power stuff, the blind guy beats a bunch of them with a staff lol. Or do you mean ghostbuster trailer, sorry im confused. Id say the first rogue one trailer was its worse, still good, the i rebel line, so much cheese tho.
    Yeah that one - it's a bit cringey and obvious

Once again, when exactly the Empire was not depicted as a bunch of woefully incompetent space nazis ?

(When the blue skinned dude took power ?)

BTW, don't complain about stormtroopers being beaten by a girl. They were mauled by teddy bears in Episode VI.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, when exactly the Empire was not depicted as a bunch of woefully incompetent space nazis ?

(When the blue skinned dude took power ?)

BTW, don't complain about stormtroopers being beaten by a girl. They were mauled by teddy bears in Episode VI.
    A blind guy with a stick beats them in the same trailer too lol. Hell the only star wars characters that cant beat a bunch of stormtrooper five on one are probably Jar Jar and C3PO. I cant think of anybody else, even that laughing thing always sitting next to Jabba probably takes them out at this point.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-09 at 03:24 AM.

I think the funniest part of your freakout victimhood over my perceived thoughts about the criticism of Ghostbusters is that there's documented evidence on this very forum of me and some of the people you've sperged out in response to talking about how the "if you don't like it you're sexist!" was fucking asinine. Its almost like you can't seem to remember anything beyond the current topic.

I'm a conservative and I'm not triggered therefor this thread is dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Should see the alt right "praise kek" msg boards

shits a goldmine of stupid.
    Think I just found my new favorite quotable quote for next week. Thx again Genn! ^_^