Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post
    Now even Star Wars is being used for politics.... Gods preserve us.
    Art always takes from the real world, so nothing is ever safe from idiots.

So apparently two writers on Rogue One tweeted that the Empire is a White Supremacist (Human) organization. Which is true. And then, after Trump's election, posted a picture of the Rebellion's insignia with a safety pin with the caption: "Star Wars against hate. Spread it."
    White Supremacy seems like such a superficial thing for an organization led by a guy whose goal has basically nothing to do with white supremacy and everything with murdering everyone who might oppose him.

On a bigger note, hopefully they downplay all the SJW stuff because thats not why people go to see Star Wars. Check the reviews, go see it if you want, and critique it afterwards. From the previews, it doesn't seem like trying to shoehorn in identity politics is a theme of the movie. Though in the past when Hollywood has tried dumb crap like that, you get terrible movies like Ghostbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I couldn't help but post this here after laughing my ass off due to how utterly triggered the right always proves itself to be.

So apparently two writers on Rogue One tweeted that the Empire is a White Supremacist (Human) organization. Which is true. And then, after Trump's election, posted a picture of the Rebellion's insignia with a safety pin with the caption: "Star Wars against hate. Spread it."

Neither of which are really any kind of astoundingly shocking tweets. One is literally just canonically true and the other is just a broad statement against hate.

But don't let that stop the alt-right from proving themselves as bad (or even worse, in my opinion) as the SJWs they keep maligning by their freakout, and now the hashtag #DumpStarWars is trending. So funny. Worked so well when the Force Awakens was apparently protested and nobody knew until after it made 2 billion dollars.

More can be found here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why...-movie-2457261

I'll also point out that since Donal Turnip won, the "anti-safe space" political alignment has now protested...a play, a brand of cereal, and a movie.

Hilarious.
    I think you'll find the boycott of Force Awakens was a massive success - (Trigger Warning - ridiculously stupid website) http://www.returnofkings.com/76356/s...sjw-propaganda

The last 4 SW movies have all sucked balls imo. Read the EU books, better material anyways.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Anarchism is a left wing ideology, just so you know.
    and in fact, the end goal of marxism (communism) is an anarchic society, like an anarcho-sindicalism sytem
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    when I was a kid and saw star wars for the first time I immediately thought the empire was based on nazis

I never thought it was something to debate
    That's because you have an adequate knowledge of history and/or military uniforms and an eye for George Lucas level heavy handed symbolism. Most people, sadly, do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure that the claim that the Empire is in-universe racist against black people holds up.
    They're instead racist against non-human aliens, which is the like, child-friendly way of portraying racism into media and always has been.

It is kind of funny that people were mad about Finn even being a character but can now scramble to use him to shield their ideology though.
    Outside of Finn, how many other black humans did you see with the Empire/First Order? Now compare that to the amount of white humans you saw? Now for a fun follow-up? I'm not talking about the EU, strictly the movies (I'd count the "official books" but I haven't any of the non-movie adaptions yet).

The non-human one is pretty obvious (as far as I know there are none in the movies), but even non-white humans Finn is the only one I remember.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I mean, I saw the parallels from this and the drama behind the Force Awakens. I even made a thread to make fun of it as it happend. The whole "empire was white supremacists" portion was the one I wanted to talk about because I never heard that claim and was curious about it; it was new.

But I guess if you don't want to get schooled by someone who casually watched the Star Wars Movies and the Clone Wars Series on Cartoon Network growing up, allege that i'm trying to "distract" people.

You can always NOT ENGAGE. Or am I taking too much space for you?
    How are you schooling anyone when you whole rebuttal is "I didn't see that"?

Another example of black people in SW.

Mace Windu. Who, as we learn in the ancient lore, is not only Samuel L. Jackson with a robe and a lightsaber : he is from Harruun Kaal, a death world that would make Cachatan looks like Central Park hailing from a tribe of force wielders.

No not necessarily. I think what qualifies as "triggered" to me personally would be the over-the-top level of the response.

Somebody going "this is dumb" isn't really triggered. Its people talking about Star Wars indoctrinating children to be anti-white that I would consider triggered. Because not is only that laughable, but its so over-the-top in its ridiculousness.

The Kelloggs thing was just bringing up another kind of triggered stupidity, since somebody tried saying the right doesn't freak out as badly as the left. When both fringes of both groups are basically the same.
    "Triggered" is one of those words that was stripped of all meaning in an attempt to mock "SJWs" using trigger-warnings on sensitive materials. if you're not using it to refer to someone's mental health issue (usually PTSD) it can mean whatever you want it to, so calling you triggered for making this thread is just as valid as calling the alt-right triggered for getting upset over Star Wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Most Stormtroopers are Conscripts. Hence why they lack Combat proficiency. There is actually a pretty legitimate theory that the reason Stormtroopers are so horrible in combat is that being Conscripts they do not actually want to kill the people they are ordered to and purposefully miss to avoid massive casualities.
    There's another theory I like that says the Stormtroopers will be more reluctant to shoot the rebels because they can see their faces, whereas rebels can happily shoot the Stormtroopers because the full-face helmets dehumanise them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Outside of Finn, how many other black humans did you see with the Empire/First Order? Now compare that to the amount of white humans you saw? Now for a fun follow-up? I'm not talking about the EU, strictly the movies (I'd count the "official books" but I haven't any of the non-movie adaptions yet).

The non-human one is pretty obvious (as far as I know there are none in the movies), but even non-white humans Finn is the only one I remember.
    Better answer. I don't give a fuck. It's a HUGE non-issue. Because it's a quote "FICTIONAL" organization!

People still trying to find hidden meanings in this overated space opera?

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    People still trying to find hidden meanings in this overated space opera?
    You must be fun at overrated social gathering events, err, parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You must be fun at overrated social gathering events, err, parties.
    No i just grew up thats all

I loved star wars as a kid but now i see it for what it is and trust me it aint worth getting your panties into a twist

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    No i just grew up thats all

I loved star wars as a kid but now i see it for what it is and trust me it aint worth getting your panties into a twist
    Kinda like everything in life. Posting ramblings on specific threads about how that specific subject isn't worth your time, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Neither have a ton of Marxists.
    Indeed and Isis, 3rd Reich aren't "kind saviors". Takes some time to figure it out for their enemies to not call them that anymore..

I have never seen such dumb and unfounded "right" and "left" accusation as in our current time.

They could've at least played along and photoshopped up some "long live the empire" images with Trump as Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Anybody with even an ounce of knowledge about the Star Wars universe knows the Empire are horribly racist against everybody who isn't a white human. Its kind of why Thrawn was such an impressive character.

Also they are incredibly obviously Nazis.
    I have never seen anything to indicate anyone cares about skin color. They are just horribly bigoted toward anything not human.

Deleted
    There are no people more sensitive with fragile feelies than rightcucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll also point out that since Donal Turnip won, the "anti-safe space" political alignment has now protested...a play, a brand of cereal, and a movie.

Hilarious.
    I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

I have been saying for years though, most of these "anti-SJWs" are the biggest SJWs on the forums. Constantly outraged about this or that and when they're confronted with objective reality out comes the tears and the victim complex. Imagine that
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov