Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep was my issue as well on 13. Quite pissed me off lol.
    im fairly sure a lot of people do, myself included. However, if that is the issue that stands above all else, im sure as hell happy with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    So I ended up spending three hours in Costlemark Dungeon last night so I definitely didn't finish the game after all. But hey I have all the King's weapons now so that's cool Also not a big fan of fighting tons of mobs in tight spaces, was the first time I had to chug potions like no tomorrow >< Jabberwok fight was fun though.
    Lasagna al forno makes castlemark a pretty easy dungeon when bombs cant do anything but ram you for damage.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Lasagna al forno makes castlemark a pretty easy dungeon when bombs cant do anything but ram you for damage.
    Ahmg >< I had actually meant to make that before going in there but got distracted by other things and completely forgot about it >< But yea, that would have been a huge help... those bombs were stupidly annoying. The worst was I got stuck in a tiny room with those guys and a Yojimbo... that was pain, lots of pain.

Semi-related I've been thinking about how summons work in this game and I mostly like it. I mean it would be nice to have more control but I do like when they show up it's pretty huge What I really don't like is there seems to be no indicator of how long you need to hold the button after you get the indication of one being available. There's no good reason to have it be like "hmm, idk if it's work... is anything happening?? Oh, he fell to the ground ok that means it's about to happen". Just why??

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Naglfar is the same weapon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UXbQobYac They would have to be trying pretty hard to make him look like it for him to not be it. If you're trying to say he's not a weapon well... you haven't played many FF games he looks like every weapon ever in a FF game.

He uses the same skeleton as a deathclaw, which is where you seem to be confusing it. He is actually much bigger then any deathclaw in the game. He's not as anywhere near as big as the diamond weapon was in the movie, but if he was his moveset would be impossible in the first place. He looks almost exactly like Diamond Weapon with a slight resemblence to omega weapon in spite of him using the deathclaw skeleton.
    Yeah, that is literally nothing like the Daemon from the movie. The Daemon from the movie looks almost exactly like Diamond Weapon from FF7. The Naglfar looks nothing like it.

I also like how the person in that video wasn't using magic on him at all. The boss is resistant to all weapon types, but takes full damage from magic, so you should have everyone in your party equipped with magic, with Noctis having the most powerful spells to use because he's the one who will stay alive the best. And for regular attacks, they should have been using Royal Arms to deal more damage as well. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, that is literally nothing like the Daemon from the movie. The Daemon from the movie looks almost exactly like Diamond Weapon from FF7.
    There is no almost exactly like

It is 100% in looks, just a updated version. I wouldn't even be surprised if that's how he looks in the FF7 Remake.

Highly disappointed you don't fight him.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-14 at 10:29 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    What ardyn is doing totally makes sense when he reveals who he truly is.
    ardyn can go fuck himself

the most satisfying part of this game had to be being there just to hear him stop talking and die. dude sounds like he just got done slurping cock every time he opens his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Postgame has been a huge letdown when it comes to difficulty.
    The hardest dungeon in the game which is supposed to be Costlemark Tower Maze can be steamrolled with proper food and healcast magic. The best food to use (from my experience) is the 4000 HP + 100% Exp + Immune to Fire, Lightning and Ice. There will be one difficult floor this way and that is a floor with 4 Iron Giants. For this floor you can just craft Freeze magic, I had picked up several items to create this throughout the postgame. You will need around 7-10 Freeze casts. Use healcast magic whenever your max HP runs low and GG. The most difficult part of the dungeon was to get the muppets to use magic.

Some people also seems to struggle against the lvl 120 Naglfar but it's also cheeseable with magic. Magic just feels too strong in this game.
    i used magic like 3 times before my thing broke and i was like wow thats gay

cheesed the game with items. no boss is too hard with 40 hi-elixirs and 15 mega phoenix

You do, and he is the biggest joke of a "super boss" in final fantasy history. LVL 120 mob for the final legendary weapon quest.
    Really? Nalfgar didn't really look like a weapon. More like a cyborg lobster XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Really? Nalfgar didn't really look like a weapon. More like a cyborg lobster XD
    He looks like every weapon in a FF game ever dating back to Omega Weapon in VI. Not sure how anyone could argue anything otherwise. His resemblence is close to Diamond Weapon in VII, Omega Weapon in VI, VIII and X. Almost like a fusion of all of them. His skeleton is that of a deathclaw for obvious budget reasons. If he actually had a unique skeleton and was as large as a mountain he would be little more then a damage sponge like the adamantoise is because no one is going to spend loads of animation budget on end game shit in an action game, far different then in the old FF games.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that is literally nothing like the Daemon from the movie. The Daemon from the movie looks almost exactly like Diamond Weapon from FF7. The Naglfar looks nothing like it.

I also like how the person in that video wasn't using magic on him at all. The boss is resistant to all weapon types, but takes full damage from magic, so you should have everyone in your party equipped with magic, with Noctis having the most powerful spells to use because he's the one who will stay alive the best. And for regular attacks, they should have been using Royal Arms to deal more damage as well. /facepalm
    You have no idea what you're talking about as he looks like a mix between Omega and Diamond Weapon. The weapon in Kingsglaive is so clouded in mist people just assume it's diamond weapon because that's what his frontal area looks like. Either way he is very clearly a weapon and arguing otherwise is foolish. Hell most of the videos on youtube of him call him "omega weapon" for a reason.

Also he is 50% DR to everything. Every element, every weapon type. Everything you hit him with is purple. You would know this if you actually fought him. The quickest way to kill him(and I killed him in 5 mins flat) is to poison him and then warp strike 500 times. Rinse repeat, he dies. Technically poison by itself can kill him in 10 mins flat, you can poison him and just hold down square if you wanted and win. It's a trivial fight for what is the highest level boss in the game. It's also not like the vault dungeons or high level hunts are any harder either, just a largely forgettable FF game difficulty wise.

You shouldn't comment on things you don't know like they're fact. The fact you think someone should be using royal arms in the end game is /facepalm city. They're shit. Sword of the Father is alright before you get any legendary weapons, dominator or ultima blade but that's about it. They're literal stack sticks you equip and never use.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-15 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk he just never struck me as a weapon type monster

pretty disappointing hes the strongest monster in the game and i already killed him at level 61 =|

The weapon in Kingsglaive is so clouded in mist people just assume it's diamond weapon because that's what his frontal area looks like. Either way he is very clearly a weapon and arguing otherwise is foolish.
    No one assumed anything. Did you even watch the movie? In the last battle you see him clear as day and it is Diamon Weapon. I even posted a wiki of diamond weapon and you are the one who clearly doesn't know what Diamon looks like.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Weapon
    Diamond Weapon is one of the monsters terrorizing Lucis. Unlike the Final Fantasy VII counterpart, Diamond Weapon isn't referred to as such, as is referred to as a daemon, like many other monsters in the Final Fantasy XV universe and there is more than one Diamond Weapon. During the invasion of Insomnia, Niflheim deployed multiple Diamond Weapons against the Old Wall statues, causing further chaos within the Crown City.

The most close to a weapon Naglfar looks like is Ultimate Weapon and that's stretching it.
    (The image isn't of me playing but one I pulled from google)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-15 at 03:03 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

He looks like every weapon in a FF game ever dating back to Omega Weapon in VI. Not sure how anyone could argue anything otherwise. His resemblence is close to Diamond Weapon in VII, Omega Weapon in VI, VIII and X. Almost like a fusion of all of them. His skeleton is that of a deathclaw for obvious budget reasons. If he actually had a unique skeleton and was as large as a mountain he would be little more then a damage sponge like the adamantoise is because no one is going to spend loads of animation budget on end game shit in an action game, far different then in the old FF games.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea what you're talking about as he looks like a mix between Omega and Diamond Weapon. The weapon in Kingsglaive is so clouded in mist people just assume it's diamond weapon because that's what his frontal area looks like. Either way he is very clearly a weapon and arguing otherwise is foolish. Hell most of the videos on youtube of him call him "omega weapon" for a reason.

Also he is 50% DR to everything. Every element, every weapon type. Everything you hit him with is purple. You would know this if you actually fought him. The quickest way to kill him(and I killed him in 5 mins flat) is to poison him and then warp strike 500 times. Rinse repeat, he dies. Technically poison by itself can kill him in 10 mins flat, you can poison him and just hold down square if you wanted and win. It's a trivial fight for what is the highest level boss in the game. It's also not like the vault dungeons or high level hunts are any harder either, just a largely forgettable FF game difficulty wise.

You shouldn't comment on things you don't know like they're fact. The fact you think someone should be using royal arms in the end game is /facepalm city. They're shit. Sword of the Father is alright before you get any legendary weapons, dominator or ultima blade but that's about it. They're literal stack sticks you equip and never use.
    If you think Naglfar looks anything like the Diamond Weapon from FF7, then I highly suggest you go get your eyes checked. Either that or go to a hospital because you're having a stroke.

And yes, we do clearly see what that Daemon looks like in the movie. It shows several of them later on in Insomnia, with one going into an all out brawl with one of the summoned king statues.

And you generally use Royal Arms when enemies have damage resistence against normal weapons because they can still do their full damage output against them (usually). Doing full damage with a Royal Arm is better than doing half damage with a regular weapon sometimes (example: flan/gelatin enemies. They get absolutely melted by the better Royal Arms options because they can do full damage against them. Iron/red giants are another good example....you should be using royal arms to kill them faster. If not, then you're just making things take longer than they should). Someone saying that Royal Arms always suck and should never be considered are just showing their own fucking ignorance on this game's mechanics.

And Naglfar is only 50% DR to weapons. Magic does full or close to full damage against him. It even says so in his official stats both online and in the strategy guide. And yes I did fight him already and my magic was doing full damage against him. You must be colorblind.

You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about at this point. For someone who always acts so damn smug and elitist, you're pretty fucking clueless sometimes.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-15 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing: is it a good way of making money?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Not really. You can make more money, faster, by just running around and killing enemies. There are some rarer drops that you get from certain kinds of fish (usually the reallly big or rare fish that are harder to catch) that can sell for a decent chunk of change, but overall you won't be making a ton of money off of fishing. Even some of the more common drops from fighting enemies can start to add up fast, giving you decent amounts of money quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    cool, I'll get to killing animals then

How do you manage multiple stacked enemies like the soldiers that drop down from the ships? Do you have some aoe weapons?
    My solution is to use magic and once I run out of charges I take them one by one. I enjoy daggers and sword, because they seam faster / more mobile.

Also, are pistols a viable option for Noct?

You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about at this point. For someone who always acts so damn smug and elitist, you're pretty fucking clueless sometimes.
    Yawn, yea you totally should be using royal arms to kill him when ultima blade with enhancement is doing 9999 every swing and swings faster then any royal arm.

Yes, you clearly know what you're talking about. Keep using shit tier weapons. Hint: It doesn't matter if the damage is purple if it's already reaching damage cap.

Let me guess you're one of those poor souls who takes an hour to kill turtle mountain which should die in 10 mins or less if done properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The most close to a weapon Naglfar looks like is Ultimate Weapon and that's stretching it.
    (The image isn't of me playing but one I pulled from google)
    looks like the bastard child of ffx omega weapon and vegnagun if anything

maybe if you are waiting on a hunt or time to turn over for a quest or something like Prompto's Lakefront Photo Op. if you care about food, once you get a decent reel and rod craig baramundi give a decent amount of skill xp and make okay meals.

regardless i wanted the trophy for it so i put my time into it you can buy a good reel and rod from a bait and tackle shop around vesperpool. The best reel is in Altissa as a prize from the monster coliseum. They also have a turbo you can buy which you can put on the car and increases its speed limit to 70 (as a car guy just makes me giggle lol)

the cheap rewards are easy to scoop up once you get rolling because you can only throw down a maximum bet of 9999 medals. I just saved until I had about 30,000 medals and reloaded if I lost a bet. After you fuck it up a few times you'll get a pretty good idea of what does and doesn't win.

Also, are pistols a viable option for Noct?
    they are weird but work i guess? if you run out of mp or items to heal mp i suppose it is an alternative for combating flying enemies but id suggest just using a lance instead. they leave him very open and susceptible to damage while animating a reload.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-12-15 at 08:09 AM.

I made the regalia type f last night. Man flying is fun. I was hoping I could fly over insomnia as I really want to explore that place, it looks amazing but sadly (not surprised either) there is invisible walls preventing you from getting anywhere near it from the sky. I cam sorta see why the type f isn't available to begin with.... I went to land and missed the road BOOM CRASH! Game over. How annoying would that be if you played for ages without saving, botched the landing and got game overed lol

And Naglfar is only 50% DR to weapons. Magic does full or close to full damage against him. It even says so in his official stats both online and in the strategy guide. And yes I did fight him already and my magic was doing full damage against him. You must be colorblind.
    Magic actually deals 120% damage. The status effect DoT deals 0.5%-2% HP per second. He can be poisoned for another 0.5%-2% HP per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Magic actually deals 120% damage. The status effect DoT deals 0.5%-2% HP per second. He can be poisoned for another 0.5%-2% HP per second.
    Awww. Thanks. I knew magic did the most damage to him, just couldn't remember if it was 100% or 120%.

- - - Updated - - -

Yawn, yea you totally should be using royal arms to kill him when ultima blade with enhancement is doing 9999 every swing and swings faster then any royal arm.

Yes, you clearly know what you're talking about. Keep using shit tier weapons. Hint: It doesn't matter if the damage is purple if it's already reaching damage cap.

Let me guess you're one of those poor souls who takes an hour to kill turtle mountain which should die in 10 mins or less if done properly?
    The simple fact that you didn't know Naglfar is weak to magic speaks volumes of who the ignorant one here is. You claim to have fought him, yet what you said about using magic against him is 100% wrong. You like to act like you know everything, but you don't actually seem to know shit. You seem to be getting your "firsthand" experience from watching YouTube videos.

And I never said to use royal arms against Naglfar specifically. I said to use royal arms against enemies that have resistances to just about everything (hint: flans and giants). Yeah, you can do a shit ton of damage against Naglfar with Ultima Blade while it's enhanced by Ignis, because it then does MAGIC damage, which is what you should be using against him anyway. You're a regular fucking Sherlock Holmes you know it?

And claiming the Royal Arms are completely useless and shit tier in all aspects of the game is once again, an ignorant and very incorrect assessment, yet again.

Hell, the claim you made that Naglfar looks exactly like Diamond Weapon from FF7 and then you go on to say the big Daemons from Kingsglaive look nothing like Diamond Weapon proves you're either blind, trolling, or just plain ignorant. Probably a combination of all three.

Between putting words in my mouth and you straight up NOT knowing what you're actually talking about, you're just making yourself look like an ignorant ass. Stop now before you make yourself look any dumber than you already have.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-15 at 09:18 AM.

Between putting words in my mouth and you straight up NOT knowing what you're actually talking about, you're just making yourself look like an ignorant ass. Stop now before you make yourself look any dumber than you already have.
    No need to argue with him, the screen shots and wiki link I provided above proves him wrong. Doesn't matter if he wants to admit it or not.

At this point hes just arguing with you to try to get u banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I made the regalia type f last night. Man flying is fun.
    Flying is fun, I just wished u could zoom out more.

First time I ever did damage was because how I landed the car/airship plane LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    looks like the bastard child of ffx omega weapon and vegnagun if anything
    Ya I can see that. But he looks zero like Diamon Weapon.

Deleted
    So much FFXV content that isn't in the actual game.

TEN YEARS