Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    I havent noticed this. My understanding is that it currently does not give any bonuses past 34 and in 7.1.5 with the patch they will.
    I've watched my HP & armour increase with every level past 35. I'll take a screenshot when I next level.

You only have a 9% chance of wasting a proc 30% x 30%, so with that you should never wait longer than 1.5(GCD, assuming no haste) x .09 = 0.135 seconds waiting on a proc. That being said, if you have shield slam up, never ever wait, just attack.

I am really really unconvinced that you can wait for a proc within 0.135 seconds, realize you procced and take advantage of it without wasting more dps by standing around, surely some people / bots could take advantage of a 0.135 second window but there is no way that can be part of a guide for the average player to follow.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've watched my HP & armour increase with every level past 35. I'll take a screenshot when I next level.
    Are you sure? I thought that THAT was the tooltip error. So, that the displayed icnrease in health and armour was the error, not the tooltip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyle View Post
    You only have a 9% chance of wasting a proc 30% x 30%, so with that you should never wait longer than 1.5(GCD, assuming no haste) x .09 = 0.135 seconds waiting on a proc. That being said, if you have shield slam up, never ever wait, just attack.

I am really really unconvinced that you can wait for a proc within 0.135 seconds, realize you procced and take advantage of it without wasting more dps by standing around, surely some people / bots could take advantage of a 0.135 second window but there is no way that can be part of a guide for the average player to follow.
    I guess a lot of it depends on what buttion you'll be pushing otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Are you sure? I thought that THAT was the tooltip error. So, that the displayed icnrease in health and armour was the error, not the tooltip.
    Positive. I went sub 100k in the HoV+14 I did the other day, so if it's an error in terms of gains, it's a pretty ridiculous one. To have it fool the ingame combat system, statsheet, weakauras & official armory is a bit of a stretch.

ALSO, I just remembered. Stam/Strength is getting buffed on items come 7.1.5. 4.5m is definitely doable

15+ Year Old Account
    ALSO, I just remembered. Stam/Strength is getting buffed on items come 7.1.5. 4.5m is definitely doable
    Its still a stretch coz only neck and rings get buffed stamina.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    PFF your tiny 4.5 mil im close to hitting 5 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Its still a stretch coz only neck and rings get buffed stamina.
    Ahh, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    I'm close to 5.2m - We're talking without Indomitable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    We are talking about next patch when you should go for Devastator instead of Indomitable.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Positive. I went sub 100k in the HoV+14 I did the other day, so if it's an error in terms of gains, it's a pretty ridiculous one. To have it fool the ingame combat system, statsheet, weakauras & official armory is a bit of a stretch.

This is great to hear.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    I havent noticed this. My understanding is that it currently does not give any bonuses past 34 and in 7.1.5 with the patch they will.
    it most definitely does give you HP, this is not conjecture.

Deleted
    Current I'm at 4 079 640 HP without indomitable with 8 points left to use in my weapon. We seem to be getting a flat 5% increase in stamina on all items on PTR compared to live, so I am at 4 283 622 HP then. Factor in the 8 points I have left (6% stamina increase) and I'm well beyond 4.5 million without indomitable (I'm a cow with 887 item level and no stamina trinkets, cows get 76980 extra HP).

Also regarding the 0.75% stamina increase per trait, yes this goes all the way up to 54 on live. Ion even mentioned during the QA that it is simply a tooltip error and that the effect is already live (just watch your stamina before you put a point into it past 34, it still goes up).
    Last edited by mmoc41eb0b352e; 2017-01-01 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Just a random thought.

Parry decreases, or sometimes even resets the swing timer.
    This means that if you parry while having the Devestator talent it will almost always result in a free instant swing. Which means another shot at shield slam resets.
    I highly doubt it, especially with the changes to secondairy stats and low-value of crit rating.
    But will having higher crit=/=parry be in favour while having the Devestator talent?

Parries are relevant to managing your swing timer properly but the increase in parry you get from crit is not enough to make crit good
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Deleted
    Would it even be worth to properly manage your swing timer with devastator? (so you don't use a thunderclap/revenge at the same time as your swing hits). I would've imagined the increase is negligible (and perhaps a bit too hard to constantly pay attention to).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saren26 View Post
    Would it even be worth to properly manage your swing timer with devastator? (so you don't use a thunderclap/revenge at the same time as your swing hits). I would've imagined the increase is negligible (and perhaps a bit too hard to constantly pay attention to).
    Depends on what you raid and what your personal skillcap is. I am pretty sure, that there are players, who can keep track of that. Wouldn´t be the first time in WoW that it´s important to keep track of your swingtimer.

7+ weeks of building up bad luck protection. Mythic TEN cleared weekly since (although some bosses I did on my alt), heroic/normal cleared weekly, 11/11m cleared weekly, every cache done, every daily heroic done.

Sephuz's Secret.

Screw this fecking game I'd be mad if it weren't so stupid. Feels bad being an automatic 15% behind every tank that flukes themselves to a set of Kakushan's, but whatever, I'll get them eventually.

With good Weakauras, it should be pretty easy. Can probably set up a small beep for every time a melee hit lands...

Yes, it's definitely worth managing and doing so is a pretty significant increase. There will be a WeakAura released relatively soon made specifically for the purposes of tracking your swing timer and other SS resetting abilities for Devastator.
    Last edited by Marok; 2017-01-02 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Just throwing it in here, The Arms Compendium has a weak aura for swing timers.
    Nothing too special, but combined with a GCD timer it can be pretty useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    Yes, it's definitely worth managing and doing so is a pretty significant increase. There will be a WeakAura released relatively soon made specifically for the purposes of tracking your swing timer and other SS resetting abilities for Devastator.
    Yeah I've got a swing timer aura already (had it mainly for arms and timing charges), I'm sure after a bit of playing it'll just happen naturally without paying too much attention.

Yeah I've got a swing timer aura already (had it mainly for arms and timing charges), I'm sure after a bit of playing it'll just happen naturally without paying too much attention.
    Well, the WeakAura that's being made is a bit more complicated than that. It tells you in advance whether or not you need to hold a cast, so you don't have to wonder if your next GCD/Swing will line up.