Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Just how high I need them?
    Rep 5 and 7, iirc. You need to have a hideout large enough for the masters you want to invite.

More rep = larger hideout. You can swap hideouts willy-nilly, nothing gets lost.

I would suggest the Path of Exile wiki for more in-depth info. Because honestly, I maxed out the masters ages ago and don't remember the details.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    So, I updated the game and played a little again, mostly because I did get a free Mystery Box. I have a question to what I got. Is it normal that weapon effects can stack? Aside from no weapon to use it on, I hesitate to test it out since it looks like a consumeable.
    They are not consumable. You can reclaim the effect.

What you can do is sell and drop the item with the effect and lose that effect. So, pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What you can do is sell and drop the item with the effect and lose that effect. So, pay attention.
    Can't sell items with MtX on anymore as far as I know, not sure on the dropping part though.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Started playing again.

Got my first Hardcore Breach legendary drop.

Proceed to step on a trap and die before putting it into my stash...

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Can't sell items with MtX on anymore as far as I know, not sure on the dropping part though.
    In fact, I believe you can't delete a char with a MTX. Which makes it a nice fail safe if you delete chars a lot.

More like my build is meta as fuck and OP, sadly GGG pushes us towards those builds if we want to push challenges or do the true end game bosses.
    And people say the game is easy mode faceroll smh tbh fam

If you use one of the top like 3 builds the game isn't that hard but if you decide to make your own build have fun getting shit on by most of the end game content. There are plenty of builds I've thought of and ended up scrapping because I know they won't even be able to handle uber lab Argus, let alone t15+. My spectre/golem necro killed the three elemental breach lords in a second or two and with 90+ seconds left on the timer, then I went for an uul-netol figuring it would be faceroll and didn't even make it half way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    My spectre/golem necro killed the three elemental breach lords in a second or two and with 90+ seconds left on the timer, then I went for an uul-netol figuring it would be faceroll and didn't even make it half way.
    The timer for Uul and Chayula are to tight in my opinion. I mean I can do them with my build (Hand of Wisdom and Action) but then again it can do all content without breaking a sweat. My first build (Scorching Ray) just couldn't do Uul map, not even with a 6L Searing Touch, level 21 SR and level 3 empower. Those maps need hard hitting instant damage to beat the timer.

Hence playing meta as fuck build, I have a Assassin poison/bleed char that could do all content before I made this. Didn't re-roll because the build was more powerful but instead because I like the claws and how you build with them. The 215k ish dps before penetration is just an added bonus.

Oh? Nice.

I remember when you could sell MTX and have been weary of doing so since. Didn't know it was fixed but pretty nice all the same.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-02 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh? Nice.

I remember when you could sell MTX and haven been weary of doing so since. Didn't know it was fixed but pretty nice all the same.
    you've never been able to as far as i can remember, it's always been the way it is...sure people claim to have sold them but those people didn't and have it sitting on an item in their stash.

You have never been able to drop an item with an MTX, trade it to a player or a vendor, not even delete the character with one on it

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    you've never been able to as far as i can remember, it's always been the way it is...sure people claim to have sold them but those people didn't and have it sitting on an item in their stash.

You have never been able to drop an item with an MTX, trade it to a player or a vendor, not even delete the character with one on it
    Well good to know it may have just been a myth among the community then.

The timer for Uul and Chayula are to tight in my opinion. I mean I can do them with my build (Hand of Wisdom and Action) but then again it can do all content without breaking a sweat. My first build (Scorching Ray) just couldn't do Uul map, not even with a 6L Searing Touch, level 21 SR and level 3 empower. Those maps need hard hitting instant damage to beat the timer.

Hence playing meta as fuck build, I have a Assassin poison/bleed char that could do all content before I made this. Didn't re-roll because the build was more powerful but instead because I like the claws and how you build with them. The 215k ish dps before penetration is just an added bonus.
    Yeah I think that is the biggest difference. Even stuff like projectile speed starts to be very noticeable when every second counts. People like to talk about how melee is bad but melee builds are the builds farming uul netol and chayula, melee is the go-to standard for farming uber lab, and is probably the best in general for shaper as well. If anything this game is path of melee and really always has been. The only advantage ranged builds really have is that they are generally cheaper to get started.

I farmed two wisdom and actions while doing the first three breachlords, not sure if I'll make a howa build myself. Maybe if I get tired of my crappy builds.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished 36/40 Challenges on BHC <_<

Some of them were a huge pain in the ass and gated by ridiculous RNG. I had to level a character on SC to get the Nemesis sextant-mod for the challenge since even after camping all the chats for days I couldn't get it. Also bought like 20 master sextants to no avail

And now it's time to quit again till 3.0 since I got one-shot by a volatile in a T12 map. Shouldn't play life-based melee, I guess... Should've read the mods before killing it but that's kinda hard in a boss-room filled with tons of mobs and you busy Cycloning to so you wont stop leeching and die.

But it was all worth it since now I've got a nice MTX set with kinda matching wings just from doing the challenges in Talisman and Breach.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...1790095/page/1

Anyone knows how you level this build from start.... lvl 1-40ish? start meleeing with cyclone or play as a Ranger??

edit : nvm it was explained in a later section :P
    Last edited by Schalde; 2017-01-04 at 11:38 PM.

20+ monstrous treasures later, I still need the damn unique box challenge.
    Must have had like 7 unique boxes so far but never one of those you actually need :/
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

So, Kripp revealed his old secret OP build: https://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/v/112187412?t=05h28m00s
    basically:
    hybrid guardian life + es not shavs
    templar
    every major aura, every 50% aura
    +12k ES with alot of regen
    +3,5k life
    +20k armor from determination + base 3k armor from converted hitpoints
    +20k evasion
    max block (advancing fortress and templar block passives)
    +40 animate weapons doing +1mln single target dmg
    elemental equilibrium

main problem: used many specific uniques and animate weapon enchant on a specific helmet

And then you die to the very same elemental damage that kills everyone else because all that physical mitigation is totally ignored xdxd

Kripp's build is a lot of work vis-a-vis ES+BF/ED/BFt. Run through Uber, profit (lol), get good, get strong, run Shaper/whatever/reroll.

Even cheap stuff like Inq Bladefury can run most of the endgame with little effort. If you want to be edge, you can work toward Cyclone with almost the same build.

Opinions.

At which point item is good enough that you should start trying to get 5 or 6 links on it?

Today a 6socket chest with pretty good stats (well... good stats from my self found point of view) dropped and I thought I'd try to get nice links on it. I have very few orbs of fuse and I didn't expect to get either 5 or 6 links, but I tried anyway. Didn't get anything. At that point I started thinking "should I wait for a better item to drop?". Then decided to come ask here opinions whne I should start throwing my fuses at the said chest.

This said chest has three different resistances with one of them being small, but other two pretty high. ~950 evasion. Then some stat I can't remember now. 6sockets but I have been able to get only the usual 4 links on it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Opinions.

At which point item is good enough that you should start trying to get 5 or 6 links on it?

Today a 6socket chest with pretty good stats (well... good stats from my self found point of view) dropped and I thought I'd try to get nice links on it. I have very few orbs of fuse and I didn't expect to get either 5 or 6 links, but I tried anyway. Didn't get anything. At that point I started thinking "should I wait for a better item to drop?". Then decided to come ask here opinions whne I should start throwing my fuses at the said chest.

This said chest has three different resistances with one of them being small, but other two pretty high. ~950 evasion. Then some stat I can't remember now. 6sockets but I have been able to get only the usual 4 links on it. :/
    If you feel the item is good enough to do at least part of the end game mapping stuff then sure link away....just don't expect anything.
    Sure you can get lucky and get a 6 link in one fusing or a few dozen but you are as likely if not more likely to spend hundreds (still lucky) to thousands(upwards of 3k) if you are unlucky...the average being about 1200/1400.

After around 15ex in monstrous treasures we gave up and decided to try scour+alch on the strongboxes, took around 500, finally got one........

... Only to find out only one of us gets credit for it, so I let him have it to get to 40 and I'll stick to 36 tyvm.

Worst challenge EU.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...1793110/page/1

Can someone tell me as a new player how i transition into the cyclone spec.... since im originally starting out as a ranger and bow, and then ending as a cyclone melee maniac?? i know i get the weapon at lvl 55 but do u just switch the weapon around and the skill gem??

Also i have absolutly know idea what skill and linked skill to use until lvl 55 through normal and cruel
    Last edited by Schalde; 2017-01-15 at 09:52 AM.