Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Why is Ascension exclusively paired with Chi Explosion and why is Chi Brew exclusively paired with Serenity? Why not always use Ascension?

The only thing I understand is that Chi Explosion is used for cleave/AoE and Serentiy is used for single target.
    I literally just answered this on Reddit so I'll just copy my answer from there:

Ascension provides more Chi at a smoother rate over a longer period of time. Chi Brew provides more TEB but less Chi. When you use CX you shouldn't have an issue generating TEB. The extra Chi cushion allows you to fish for more free CX procs from Combo Breaker.

Sorry Babs, you're just faster than MMOC...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Sorry Babs, you're just faster than MMOC...
    I'm both... :-D
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

what should be my burst rotation for pvp? (serenity)

how many global cooldowns during serenity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    what should be my burst rotation for pvp? (serenity)

how many global cooldowns during serenity?
    Serenity is an 8s buff, and WW has 1s GCD, so thats 8 GCD.

I dont' PvP, but I'd imagine the PvE one would work just fine:

TP-> ToD -> On use trinket (if you have one) -> Serenity + RSK > SotW -> FoF -> RSK -> SCK -> BoK -> Serenity complete -> RSK -> TP -> FOF

For WW, among these 4 legendaries:

• Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch
    • Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred
    • March of the Legion
    • Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus

a combination of which two are optimal for:

a) raiding Mythic NE, Heroic ToV and upcoming NH
    b) M+ > 6

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stleoric View Post
    For WW, among these 4 legendaries:

• Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch
    • Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred
    • March of the Legion
    • Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus

a combination of which two are optimal for:

a) raiding Mythic NE, Heroic ToV and upcoming NH
    b) M+ > 6

Thanks
    Hidden Masters for 2 or more targets, Prydaz for single target and/or progression for survivability, Cenedril for maximum DPS, March for raid utility.

Hi fellow windwalkers, I'm currently gearing much like you all and trying to maximise my DPS with gear while everything is around the same item level, as such I am using SimC to check if each item is an upgrade.

I have 4 rings currently:

# Thornwoven Band (350)
    # finger1=,id=162548,bonus_id=4779/40/1522/4783,reforge=23
    #
    # Smuggler's Cove Ring (330)
    # finger1=,id=158160,enchant_id=5941,bonus_id=4803/42/1522/4785,reforge=27
    #
    # Ring of the Infinite Void (355)
    # finger1=,id=160647,bonus_id=4798/1477/4786,reforge=3
    #
    # Band of Intense Gravitation (370)
    # finger1=,id=161359,bonus_id=4798/1492/4784,reforge=3

When simming my character the 330+350 ring have Vers and sim higher DPS than the 355+370 which dont have Vers?

Is this correct, in a game that is around increasing player damage (especially in a case of switching the 330 Vers & Crit for the 370 Crit & Haste ring) by obtaining gear I find it strange a 40 iLevel increase see's my character actual power (DPS) go down?

Is the SIM wrong (8.01 and 8.02nightly) both give different results but always with the rings with Vers simming higher.

Quote Originally Posted by s71rl2 View Post
    Hi fellow windwalkers, I'm currently gearing much like you all and trying to maximise my DPS with gear while everything is around the same item level, as such I am using SimC to check if each item is an upgrade.

I have 4 rings currently:

# Thornwoven Band (350)
    # finger1=,id=162548,bonus_id=4779/40/1522/4783,reforge=23
    #
    # Smuggler's Cove Ring (330)
    # finger1=,id=158160,enchant_id=5941,bonus_id=4803/42/1522/4785,reforge=27
    #
    # Ring of the Infinite Void (355)
    # finger1=,id=160647,bonus_id=4798/1477/4786,reforge=3
    #
    # Band of Intense Gravitation (370)
    # finger1=,id=161359,bonus_id=4798/1492/4784,reforge=3

When simming my character the 330+350 ring have Vers and sim higher DPS than the 355+370 which dont have Vers?

Is this correct, in a game that is around increasing player damage (especially in a case of switching the 330 Vers & Crit for the 370 Crit & Haste ring) by obtaining gear I find it strange a 40 iLevel increase see's my character actual power (DPS) go down?

Is the SIM wrong (8.01 and 8.02nightly) both give different results but always with the rings with Vers simming higher.
    Vers is our best secondary stat by a bit, so when you compare rings which are all secondaries, you get situations like this.
    In the rings you linked there, the 2 higher item level ones have no verse, and one even has haste (which is our worst secondary by a decent margin), so despite the item level difference, the sims are correct.
    I used smugglers cove ring for a long while, and just recently replaced it only bc i had a 380 drop. There aren't many well itemized rings for WW atm, as it seems everything has haste on it; so you'll probably be stuck with it unless you get a big TF, or get one of the very few good ring drops.

No agility on rings so those slots are very sensitive to the secondary stats on them, especially if your secondary stats have very different values.

I *think* a large part of WW dps is tied to Karma and Touch of death, which directly scale with versality but absolutely not from crit/haste/mastery (well a bit for ToD through the damage you do during the debuff before it triggers), so vers has high priority. (They scale with hp too so ilvl on ring should still have an impact though?)

I also understand that sims consider that you get the most out of Karma, which may not be the case in reality.. don't know if you can tune that easily in the sims.

Ya the sims need to be taken with a grain of salt. For example on WoW head they even list Stamina pots as a DPS increase due to lining it up with a ToK and ToD. The reality is lining that pot up perfectly with both of those is not very likely unless the fight is a perfect length where you don't miss a cast, on top of that you'll be taunting the boss to get the most of it and that can be risky even with a guild.

Stick to vers to anyway, it's the best over all. But remember AoE is very different to single target. I would assume the 370 ring is much stronger there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Question: Does Diffuse Magic remove the Mage's Frost Nova Root?

I read somewhere that it can. But would like to confirm.

If it does, I need to switch to it right now lol.