So, 7.1.5 drops.
    And I see MG at 20% and I'm like.. you know.. warlock, what could I expect?
    But then that ends up being just a typo. Now I am intrigued.. Could there be a chance Aff is up here with the big-shots to stay?
    So i kick back, waiting for the expected nerf to appear in an early, day one hotfix.
    And it does! Not even a few hours after 7.1.5 hits the server, a hotfix.
    And it is with a heavy heart that I read the notes..
    But.. but then the unexpected happens.
    Not only weren't we nerfed, but one of the long-time concerns of the class was, out of the blue, addressed.
    Banish was the only perma-CC spell that aggroed the mobs when used out of combat. And it does no longer!
    Damn.. I am getting really hopeful here. And this never ends well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm why rip?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh rip 800k+ burst over 30 seconds single target.

The only problem is trying to jiggle too many plates around leads to problematic results.

I seriously think RB just won't fit on top of ELT, Demonfire, SH and Service. It's just too much stuff mixed at the same time leading to fuckups.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-01-11 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I seriously think RB just won't fit on top of ELT, Demonfire, SH and Service. It's just too much stuff mixed at the same time leading to fuckups.
    Yeah, I'm with you. Granted it's the first time I've really played with the new setup, but I totally felt out of my depth tonight. Waaaaaay more going on than previously.

What is currently the best build for aoe and other for single target for demo and destro right now? I dont know trust enought the guides from icy veins and the one of this forum because i see it obsolete with the old talents image and with channeled hellfire as a top single target dps talent

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm why rip?
    ST still the worst, cleave still the same only this time you have the risk of being run over by Affliction(cuz poor RNG and BiS legendary nerfs), and you definitely getting murdered in AoE fights. And you have play Roaring blaze...Not sure how 7.1.5 translate to you but i am swicthing to Aff for everything now.

Deleted
    Hmm, so Contagion doesn't change MC rotation in any way? Is there no benefit in trying to space out drain cycles with as little UAs pumped into one as possible, prioritizing Contagion uptime over Reap+drain cycle overlaps?

Deleted
    I have done some low mythic 7-9 and well, Affli is so fucking retarded and I LOVE IT!. GJ Blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suar View Post
    I have done some low mythic 7-9 and well, Affli is so fucking retarded and I LOVE IT!. GJ Blizz
    relatively speaking not much changes. Overall AoE was actually nerfed slightly.

Sure MG is a good addition and makes the overall damage distribution more well rounded

You still get completely destroyed by monks, dhs, frost dks etc.

I like the 7.1.5 affliction changes, but I think it is very far away from being "fucking retarded"

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest seems to be better than ANY warlock spec at EVERY ToV boss:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#boss=1958

Spriest mechanics, theme, and visuals seem fun and cool as well unlike those of, say, destruction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post

Spriest mechanics, theme, and visuals seem fun and cool as well unlike those of, say, destruction.
    yeah shadow priests are completely out of control with 7.1.5. And Legion overall seems to be a great addon to be a shadow priest. Maybe we have more luck next time

Also seems to be a great patch for Retribution and Demon Hunters. Very strong showing of those 2 speccs so far in 7.1.5

All bosses ToV M : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#

and ToV Hc : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#difficulty=4

I am surprised to see that rogues are still going super strong. A mate of mine whined the last 2 days non-stop that rogues are not going to be viable, but it looks like they are just as strong as they were befor 7.1.5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post

The irony is that they went into 7.1.5 saying Shadow Priests were an obvious outlier and far too dominant in too many fights

lol

They are now as far as I can see better at everything in one spec than warlocks are in all three even if you swapped per boss
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-11 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    The irony is that they went into 7.1.5 saying Shadow Priests were an obvious outlier and far too dominant in too many fights

lol

They are now as far as I can see better at everything in one spec than warlocks are in all three even if you swapped per boss
    Yes, that's what I said / tried to say. I also hear spriests saying that they are now awesome in Mythic+, as well (something they used to be poor at, maybe even worse than warlocks).

Deleted
    THey are the dot-class that affliction should be but which blizzard consistently can't seem to get quite right

Almosy as if the Shadow Priest team gets the good ideas first and then tells the afflock team "can;t use that we already have!"

Deleted
    the state of classes literally means nothing right now, there is areason why 7.1.5 came out now and not when nighthold actually launched and that was so blizz could get some actual in-game data so they can make the final adjustments for when mythic nighthold is released and i can imagine that by then most of the classes that are doing extremely atm will be put in-line with the other classes but then again, it is blizz we're talking about, who knows wth they think.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    the state of classes literally means nothing right now, there is areason why 7.1.5 came out now and not when nighthold actually launched and that was so blizz could get some actual in-game data so they can make the final adjustments for when mythic nighthold is released and i can imagine that by then most of the classes that are doing extremely atm will be put in-line with the other classes but then again, it is blizz we're talking about, who knows wth they think.
    They would not fix nothing until the top raiders get the tiers for their class, since is pointless to nerf a class/spec which is performing very well without the 4p which are the only thing that boost the dps overall of a class

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    I don't think that the case at all. I imagine there *maybe* will be some minor adjustments if something is outright, but I wouldn't expect a full on tuning pass going into nighthold.

I'd love to be wrong though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    THey are the dot-class that affliction should be but which blizzard consistently can't seem to get quite right

Almosy as if the Shadow Priest team gets the good ideas first and then tells the afflock team "can;t use that we already have!"
    I'm actually seriously in love with Affliction right now. Conduit/MG build is pretty fun to play. Maybe they should nerf MG to 60% but i'm not sure how strong we are compared to others yet. Maybe it just feels "too" strong bc we were so weak on ST just hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't think that the case at all. I imagine there *maybe* will be some minor adjustments if something is outright, but I wouldn't expect a full on tuning pass going into nighthold.

I'd love to be wrong though.
    They will look for outliers. PTR testing was even more limited than usual this cycle due to guilds being in ToV. And their internal team just cant' get the sample sizes that even 1 raid lockout can generate.

But folks shouldn't take too much from the logs from last night. Short, non-progress kills benefit some specs over others. As arcane mages proved during HFC farm, blizzard doesn't care about that.