Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morillus View Post
    Certainly seems to be the case. Annoying since I gave an 880 Brinewater bottle to a guildie last week.
    Even more annoying as last week I thought YES I'm onto a winner when I managed to get an 880 arans with socket to go with my 895 chest!

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Is this for all classes now or just mage?
    It was very powerful for mage as you could always force a crit with combustion plus amp it up with ROP, from what I've been reading is that trinkets no longer "amp up" from external sources like ROP (don't know how true) but in anycase without it critting it is lacklustre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    It was very powerful for mage as you could always force a crit with combustion plus amp it up with ROP, from what I've been reading is that trinkets no longer "amp up" from external sources like ROP (don't know how true) but in anycase without it critting it is lacklustre.
    If I recall correctly I lost about 400k (from like 2,8 million hit to 2,4 million hit) with my 885 sinew (with combust + RoP of course).

Deleted
    One important thing.
    If you do not use Kindling anymore, combustion cd lines up with the colldown of the sinew.
    Fire mage should always manage to make it crit.
    7.1.5 more likely than on 7.1, when both cd desynchronize over time.

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    One important thing.
    If you do not use Kindling anymore, combustion cd lines up with the colldown of the sinew.
    Not really, you need to use sinew and do 3-4 casts before combustion or stacks will detonate when combustion has ended, btw i did 2.8 mil before patch and 1.7 mil yesterday, so it's shit
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Not really, you need to use sinew and do 3-4 casts before combustion or stacks will detonate when combustion has ended, btw i did 2.8 mil before patch and 1.7 mil yesterday, so it's shit
    It's a good point.
    if you cannot buff it with RoP it is sad.

Anyway, i feel like RoP is kind of dead for fire spec.

It's a good point.
    if you cannot buff it with RoP it is sad.

Anyway, i feel like RoP is kind of dead for fire spec.
    Never thought i would ever equip 885socket twisting wind and now...
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

One important thing.
    its not just the crit hit from sinew, it also seems to hit lower possibly as from what I hearing as I said the amps no longer work for "use effect proc trinkets".

So its missing the ROP +50% buff as well

My sinew hc version used to crit for 2.6m or so, the overtime affect of loss of core stat (int) with the inability potentially of not working with amps makes it a lacklustre choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

its not just the crit hit from sinew, it also seems to hit lower possibly as from what I hearing as I said the amps no longer work for "use effect proc trinkets".

My sinew hc version used to crit for 2.6m or so, the overtime affect of loss of core stat (int) with the inability potentially of not working with amps makes it a lacklustre choice
    Also some trinkets procs scale with vers, sinew doesn't
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    One of the many casualties of war... I mean patch. God bless respeccing does not cost a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadamon View Post
    One of the many casualties of war... I mean patch. God bless respeccing does not cost a dime.
    Recalling and asking for summon to change talents from boss A to boss B is annoying as f*** and tomes are terribly expensive...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-01-12 at 05:11 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Aran's is still simming really well for me.

All my SIMs and research has pointed to basically completely different talent choices for ST vs MT (which is no big deal) but also the stat weights are crazy different for the two. Haste heavy for the ST and Mastery for MT, both with crit in second.

Because of this I actually don't hate the stats on the set bonuses - and it will be interesting to see how much the 4pc impacts stuff. I will be doin more sims when I have the chance

But for now, Brawlers guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Morillus View Post
    Certainly seems to be the case. Annoying since I gave an 880 Brinewater bottle to a guildie last week.
    yes i use a brinewater 890 with 880 plague right now.. i seem to be doin well but i have no real idea why cus my crit is shit and ive always been told stat sticks r fail..

RoP is 40% now, but does still affect trinkets like sinew, so its only a 20% nerf

Quote Originally Posted by genzic8787 View Post
    i seem to be doin well but i have no real idea why cus my crit is shit and ive always been told stat sticks r fail..
    because before they nerfed crit to the ground and massively buffed intellect, that was true...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=1&dataset=99

And my point was that fire isn't the worst. Also, consider that much of the tuning was done with set bonuses in mind. I am currently enjoying playing fire.
    It doesn't need to be the absolute worst, to be in the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeLover View Post
    Your inability to grasp the understanding behind my post really concerns me. It simply implies that hunter got hit by a bigger nerf bat than fire mages and fire mages still QQ about it.

Also, gz to you for winning a forum debate, I hope you will succeed in life.
    Thank you, I already did.

Deleted
    Guys i need ADVICE about trinkets... my fire alt (881) has wrist/head as legendaries, I plan to switch from ROP to MI (i know its a slightly dps loss but I guess it makes life easier) but I really dont know what trinkets to use... I have:
    880 sinew
    870 bough of corruption
    875 stormsinger fulmination charge
    865 twisting wind
    885 chrono shard
    860 aran
    880 portable manacracker

Sinew I guess it's 100% worth, others i have many doubts since I never had the luck to drop TOV mythic/hc trinkets... about aran I heard it got nerfed a lot (havent had time to test that out myself), chrono shard is nice but it just gives a haste buff (which is kinda weak for us i guess?), stormsinger gives mastery, not sure how often procs manacracker and xavius trinket from what I noticed its mostly decent with a lot of adds.

What do you think? Can you suggest me anything? Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Guys i need ADVICE about trinkets... my fire alt (881) has wrist/head as legendaries, I plan to switch from ROP to MI (i know its a slightly dps loss but I guess it makes life easier) but I really dont know what trinkets to use... I have:
    880 sinew
    870 bough of corruption
    875 stormsinger fulmination charge
    865 twisting wind
    885 chrono shard
    860 aran
    880 portable manacracker

Sinew I guess it's 100% worth, others i have many doubts since I never had the luck to drop TOV mythic/hc trinkets... about aran I heard it got nerfed a lot (havent had time to test that out myself), chrono shard is nice but it just gives a haste buff (which is kinda weak for us i guess?), stormsinger gives mastery, not sure how often procs manacracker and xavius trinket from what I noticed its mostly decent with a lot of adds.

What do you think? Can you suggest me anything? Thanks a lot!
    Sinew is pretty shit. Even the UH does more damage as it is. Aran is also pretty bad on ST (even with chest). It's still good on cleave fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Sinew is pretty shit. Even the UH does more damage as it is. Aran is also pretty bad on ST (even with chest). It's still good on cleave fights.
    So what do you suggest me to use? :P Btw on alteredtime i noticed that chronoshard ranks very high for trinkets... is it really that good for fire?

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    So what do you suggest me to use? :P Btw on alteredtime i noticed that chronoshard ranks very high for trinkets... is it really that good for fire?
    Sim those trinkets and see what happens, i found today that twisting wind is no longer crap as it was before 7.1.5 (proc is still bad, int bonus is quite good) and this applies to all stat stick trinkets with +int on them
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    The set bonus argument doesn't really work for comparison to other classes, everyone is tuned around set bonuses, everyone is in the same rough % increase from their tier, comparisons don't change in any meaningful way.
    So according to you Fire Mage 2set bonus is roughly the same increase as say DH 2set bonus? Would love to see you talk yourself out of this one, let's give you some help and say you can even add Fire Mage 4 set vs DH 4set, you still can't proof your argument with numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    So according to you Fire Mage 2set bonus is roughly the same increase as say DH 2set bonus? Would love to see you talk yourself out of this one, let's give you some help and say you can even add Fire Mage 4 set vs DH 4set, you still can't proof your argument with numbers
    Well, no, you see just a few msgs after the one you quoted I provided the link to the spreadsheet that shows the dps increase of each tier set there is a range and it would be silly to think that anyone thinks all the %s are the exact same. Dh are lower than is shown bc their apl was updated after the spreadsheet was but yes demon hunters are now in that 4-8% increase range, oh and for the record makes are on the low end of that range taking all the wind out of the "wait for tier " argument