10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I never did bash them both. I bashed CNN. CNN is a TV station, first and foremost. The fact that you don't know what is on TV, in no way lessens the crimes against journalism that have been going on for two days now over at CNN.
    CNN on TV and CNN in printed version are two different news agencies essentially. Plus, journalist standards on TV are quite different (and generally much lower) than those in printed news. TV is a more, let's say, mainstream-oriented format for news delivering, it is aimed at a different (less educated, less critical, etc.) group of people.

If you want to criticize CNN as a whole, or CNN as a TV station, then this is hardly a thread for that. We are talking about a specific article here.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    None of this makes any sense, And I would like anyone to attempt to make any sense of it

Ok the claim is the Russians gave this compromising information to this ex MI6 private investigator hired by never Trumpers then by the DNC for opposition research (dig up dirt on Trump) and that information was obtained during the summer of last year

here is the question

why in the hell would the Russians do that if it was Trump who they wanted to win the presidency?
    Literally nobody is claiming the Russians gave him the information.

That's not how opposition research works, dude. You don't just ask for some damning info and call it a day, you have to actually investigate.

So apparently Comey told Trump about the dossier on Friday before it hit the news and he still got on TV and attacked CNN, calling them fake news despite them reporting on the existence of the dossier and not its accuracy.

This gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Literally nobody is claiming the Russians gave him the information.

That's not how opposition research works, dude. You don't just ask for some damning info and call it a day, you have to actually investigate.
    from the CNN article
    "The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources"

from the CNN article
    "The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources"
    There's a difference between "Russian sources", which could literally be anyone in Russia, and what you did which was imply that the Russian government was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There's a difference between "Russian sources", which could literally be anyone in Russia, and what you did which was imply that the Russian government was involved.
    It's like Vyxn doesn't know what intelligence contacts are. There are spies and intelligence networks set up everywhere. It's not like Putin would have had to or did sign off on this. Steele would have gotten information from his Russian contacts from his Mi6 days.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

None of this makes any sense, And I would like anyone to attempt to make any sense of it

Ok the claim is the Russians gave this compromising information to this ex MI6 private investigator hired by never Trumpers then by the DNC for opposition research (dig up dirt on Trump) and that information was obtained during the summer of last year

here is the question

why in the hell would the Russians do that if it was Trump who they wanted to win the presidency?
    why wouldn't russia have not been involved in the 2008 and 2012 elections? They got everything they could've possibly ever wanted handed to them on a silver platter from our still current president for the next few days.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-13 at 02:14 AM.

Tinfoil hat time. Another interesting bit.

May simply be a routing issue but it's just strange given the other "odd" glitches that happened on their feed today and the power outage that even some of the Republican congressmen tweeted was fishy given the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Tinfoil hat time. Another interesting bit.

May simply be a routing issue but it's just strange given the other "odd" glitches that happened on their feed today and the power outage that even some of the Republican congressmen tweeted was fishy given the timing.
    Says something about american media if americans are believing RT more than them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Americans vote for Trump when Americans are against Trump?

Dutch newspaper @telegraaf says it has spoken to a witness of Donald Trump's alleged sexual escapades in the Ritz Carlton. More tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/819613333028564994

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Says something about american media if americans are believing RT more than them.
    No, says something about those Americans who are.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, says something about those Americans who are.
    Like what? That anyone not claiming hillary clinton is an angel is an enemy?

More that they'll take the word of RT as gospel because it feeds and confirms their views, facts be damned. That's how real fake news even took off. People would support and throw money at "media orgs" claiming Clinton smelled like sulfur and therefore is from hell over actual facts because they want to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    More that they'll take the word of RT as gospel because it feeds and confirms their views, facts be damned.
    Facts like Obama was russia's best ally, friend and president in the history of the united states? Or is it medically possible for a human to have no spine? This entire week has been neocon talking points from rubio asking tillerson if he was with them in their hatred of russia to the nonsense in the OP.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-13 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironic, considering she was called a Satanist...

- - - Updated - - -

Facts like Obama was russia's best ally, friend and president in the history of the united states? Or is it medically possible for a human to have no spine? This entire week has been neocon talking points from rubio asking tillerson if he was with them or trump to the nonsense in the OP.
    Compare Russian spies being kicked out in 2010 for trying to influence US politicians and reaction to assertions of Russia currently trying to influence US politicians. Notice anything?

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...spies-20111101
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    [IMG]http://oi65.tinypic.com/2i94kxw.jpg[IMG]

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/819613333028564994
    Comments say it was apparently a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your goal is to cripple your opponent, scandalising the executive is a good way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Ironic, considering she was called a Satanist...

- - - Updated - - -

Compare Russian spies being kicked out in 2010 for trying to influence US politicians and reaction to assertions of Russia currently trying to influence US politicians. Notice anything?

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...spies-20111101
    Ben Carson works for russia times?

10+ Year Old Account

here is the question

Why would an informat for the US, be acting to help Putin? Your issue is that you are assuming that the informant is loyal to Russia, which negates the idea of him being an informant.

What you are asking, is like saying, why would US let Snowden have all of the secret surveillance info, if they didn't want anyone to know? As in, you are not making any sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Ben Carson works for russia times?
    Please explain what that has to do with what I said, am not following...

Joke for our Russian friends:

That depends, does this Carson have a propeller? https://youtu.be/9eiqer5W9ME
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi