Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't. Being able to break into 2 controllers does not magically make it more expensive to manufacture. They're using already old and dated tech that's been mass produced for years upon years in them.

Even Sony admitted they make a LARGE profit off of each $60 DS4 sold. Nintendo is literally charging more money because "fuck you, you'll buy it anyways".
    Don't they come with the console to begin with? Like, one controller for it by default when you buy it? Personally I don't ever buy extra controllers because they are too expensive and I enjoy online play better rather then split screen crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Beats whatever the phone has to offer while I'm in transport somewhere. To me, this is a fancy portable with solid games, and it's worth the money. I don't even need the docking, I think.
    By what metric?

It has like the same specs as a $100 tablet, only $100 tablets usually come with $80 worth of Windows 10 on them...

And the list of launch titles is like six games, all of which besides Zelda and Mario Kart are shovelware?

I'd even argue that the latter two are shovelware as well since they basically just re-release the same games over and over, only with slightly better graphics (which are still incredibly inferior).

EDIT: My mistake, four launch titles, Mario Kart isn't even a launch title.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-01-13 at 08:23 AM.

You have to be a serious Nintendo kool aid drinker to be defending the switch at this point.

People that know my post history know I have defended Nintendo through the Wii U debacle, the amiibo shortage debacle. There is no defending $300 hardware barely stronger then Wii U, $80 controllers and a non existent lineup of games for launch window.

This looks like the shittiest launch in Nintendo history, which is saying something since traditionally their launches are always bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You have to be a serious Nintendo kool aid drinker to be defending the switch at this point.

People that know my post history know I have defended Nintendo through the Wii U debacle, the amiibo shortage debacle. There is no defending $300 hardware barely stronger then Wii U, $80 controllers and a non existent lineup of games for launch window.

This looks like the shittiest launch in Nintendo history, which is saying something since traditionally their launches are always bad...
    Well, then I'm drowning in Nintendo kool aid cause even with this lackluster showing, and some of the things I don't like what they said, but I can still tell you I am still more excited for the Switch than I am for anything coming out or already out on the PS4 and Xbox One.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Well, then I'm drowning in Nintendo kool aid cause even with this lackluster showing, and some of the things I don't like what they said, but I can still tell you I am still more excited for the Switch than I am for anything coming out or already out on the PS4 and Xbox One.
    Yeesh, that is serious koolaid.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/985...eaked-on-4chan

Also, this 4chan leak that popped up yesterday (or the day before) was nearly true. Some of the descriptions were off.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeesh, that is serious koolaid.
    Not only have I always really been a Nintendo fanboy, but this system is something I have always wanted since the Gameboy, days, being in the car playing it, but wanting to play console quality games on the go. You could argue VITA, but there weren't many games which suited my fancy there either.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    By what metric?

It has like the same specs as a $100 tablet, only $100 tablets usually come with $80 worth of Windows 10 on them...

And the list of launch titles is like six games, all of which besides Zelda and Mario Kart are shovelware?

I'd even argue that the latter two are shovelware as well since they basically just re-release the same games over and over, only with slightly better graphics (which are still incredibly inferior).
    I think this console, as a portable, offers more in gaming than most others. Windows 10 is irrelevant, because it doesn't contribute to the console's function. It comes with an OS which is tailored for the console, and is probably expensive to develop, a cost they need to incorporate.

I'm also rather concerned that the launch lineup is weak, but since I live in Norway, which Nintendo usually treat like some kind of colony on Mars in regards of distribution, I will probably not get my hands on a system before there are some good games out there anyway. Anyway, I hope that the Treehouse presentation will reveal more games launch, and strong first party titles in development.
    Mother pus bucket!

Not only have I always really been a Nintendo fanboy, but this system is something I have always wanted since the Gameboy, days, being in the car playing it, but wanting to play console quality games on the go. You could argue VITA, but there weren't many games which suited my fancy there either.
    How'd that $300 launch work out for the VITA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which launch title suits your fancy?

We have:
    - Zelda... Which is a carbon copy of every other Zelda game since the Wii came out... And is a Wii U port.
    - 1-2 Switch, which is a compilation of demos, kind of like all the shovelware that came out with VR platforms just to showcase the gimmicks.
    - Skylanders Imaginators... Which is a toy game where you solve puzzles with your little plastic action figures... Lol.
    - Just Dance 2017... A fucking dancing game...

Those are literally the four launch titles for this "console" lol..........

We have:
    - Zelda... Which is a carbon copy of every other Zelda game since the Wii came out... And is a Wii U port.
    - 1-2 Switch, which is a compilation of demos, kind of like all the shovelware that came out with VR platforms just to showcase the gimmicks.
    - Skylanders Imaginators... Which is a toy game where you solve puzzles with your little plastic action figures... Lol.

1-2 Switch is the only exclusive game coming out on the system at launch.

Its grade A fucking LULZ.

It will get it's 2nd exclusive game in the summer with Splatoon 2.

If we're lucky it might have 4 exclusives by holiday!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think this console, as a portable, offers more in gaming than most others. Windows 10 is irrelevant, because it doesn't contribute to the console's function. It comes with an OS which is tailored for the console, and is probably expensive to develop, a cost they need to incorporate.

I'm also rather concerned that the launch lineup is weak, but since I live in Norway, which Nintendo usually treat like some kind of colony on Mars in regards of distribution, I will probably not get my hands on a system before there are some good games out there anyway. Anyway, I hope that the Treehouse presentation will reveal more games launch, and strong first party titles in development.
    I just mentioned Windows 10 to illustrate how garbage the hardware was and how most of the value in those tablets came from Windows 10 coming on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Can't hear you over the sound of voice acted Zelda
    More like can't hear over brainless fanboying.
    Also, the voice acting I've heard so far is garbage. I can understand why Nintendo used text boxes for the longest time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Can't hear you over the sound of voice acted Zelda
    What's so special about that, exactly? It's quite literally an industry standard for big budget games at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    If you don't like it, that's fine, but now that you've said your opinion, could you and the other haters kindly fuck off elsewhere so people who are ACTUALLY interested can have a decent conversation?
    Have fun at the downvote fest on reddit. It seems we're having a real conversation about the system here and not just a one sided circle jerk.

We have:

Zelda, because I always know I can have a good time with a Zelda game.

1,2 Switch and Just Dance sound fun, but only if you have more than one person or in the case of Just Dance, you enjoy the dancing part, which is kinda my young niece's thing.

Skylanders...eh...I've never been a big fan of the Toys to Life thing. I got the three Inkling, Pikachu, and Pac-Man amiibo on a whim and haven't gotten anything else. The only Toys to Life game which looked interesting was Disney Infinity, but that's gone.

Also, I'm kinda glad they are spreading apart there big titles. I don't personally go all that quickly with titles, and sometimes money can come up a little low.

Despite this, I really hope the Treehouse show even more games to come out this year.

I just mentioned Windows 10 to illustrate how garbage the hardware was and how most of the value in those tablets came from Windows 10 coming on them.
    Bit (read huge) of a exaggeration, regardless of the discussion in regards to the comparison of a random tablet and the Switch the windows you get on any devices cost the OEM almost nothing. I mean I can get a Windows pro key for 20 euro's legally but even that is more then what OEMS pay for their windows versions. The cost of Windows for them is probably between almost nothing to 10 euro's.

>Online play held for ransom behind paywall.

Well they fucking killed the system for me. Now I hope Pokémon will never be on Switch, yesterday I wished they'd confirm Stars for Switch...

One thing I should point out about Xenoblade 2 is it's definitely possible it could come out this year.

They could easily get the engine and assets from somewhere else and then tweek them to suit the game. Could easily cut time needed to build the game

Didn't Nintendo say they wanted to reuse the Breath of the Wild engine for other games?

Also, Xenoblade X, and by extension much of Nintendo's Wii U library, took a long time to make simply due to the HD wall that Nintendo was hitting while everyone else had already surpassed thanks to the PS3 and XB360.