I didn't think I would miss CL in single target so much
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    they said hunters were included not just hunters, but its likely they wont do anything for us even though the entire hance community is up in arms
    Well, they did :v

aye they did, we anywhere close to what we were pre patch with those upcoming changes?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    aye they did, we anywhere close to what we were pre patch with those upcoming changes?
    No. Though we might be with 4p.

With the nerf to FoA, will that make Hot Hands the go to talent now? Or will that 15% increase to Boulderfist bring it back?

Edit: Also what about that significant % increase for Hailstorm? Will the BF/HS/CL combo be back?

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromaniac View Post
    With the nerf to FoA, will that make Hot Hands the go to talent now? Or will that 15% increase to Boulderfist bring it back?

Edit: Also what about that significant % increase for Hailstorm? Will the BF/HS/CL combo be back?
    Hot Hands and Windsong are both extremely close and as of current sims done today talents remain unchanged untill 4pc. HH or Windsong/AS/OC/Fury. Keeping in mind that NH has lots of multi target fights where Tempest will outshine OC.

Talents remain unchanged untill 4pc.

Then we are back to BF/AS/Temp/CS

Hailstorm at this stage is still dead unless you have the legendaries, then sim it to see if its worthwhile.

Theres a really good post in the Shaman discord about Hailstorm and the reasons why its dead, rather than just numbers.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2017-01-14 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Hot Hands and Windsong are both extremely close and as of current sims done today talents remain unchanged untill 4pc.
    I know all this right now.

But will this sim the same Tuesday with the 15% increase to BF?

I know all this right now.

But will this sim the same Tuesday with the 15% increase to BF?
    The sims were done today. The sims were based on Tuesday's hotfix data.
    Read a post before replying to it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The sims were done today. The sims were based on Tuesday's hotfix data.
    Read a post before replying to it :P
    Stop being nasty. I did not see anywhere in his post that it said they were simmed for Tuesdays hotfixes. I interpreted it as a sim done from current live %'s. My appologies to said person. Try and be less douchey, and not post snarky remarks like "lrn2read".

Hot Hands and Windsong are both extremely close and as of current sims done today talents remain unchanged untill 4pc. HH or Windsong/AS/OC/Fury. Keeping in mind that NH has lots of multi target fights where Tempest will outshine OC.

Talents remain unchanged untill 4pc.

Then we are back to BF/AS/Temp/CS

Hailstorm at this stage is still dead unless you have the legendaries, then sim it to see if its worthwhile.

Theres a really good post in the Shaman discord about Hailstorm and the reasons why its dead, rather than just numbers.
    This is just the information that I was looking for, thanks. Just curious, why does BF become better with the 4P? It seems like it would be HH or WS for the extra chances to proc Stormbringer.

Stop being nasty. I did not see anywhere in his post that it said they were simmed for Tuesdays hotfixes. I interpreted it as a sim done from current live %'s. My appologies to said person. Try and be less douchey, and not post snarky remarks like "lrn2read".
    You're telling me to be less snarky when you were passive aggressively bolding your words? Ok dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Were talking about the hotfixes. Why would I then bring up the talents for today?

I also said second line, talents will remain unchanged.

*shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    This is just the information that I was looking for, thanks. Just curious, why does BF become better with the 4P? It seems like it would be HH or WS for the extra chances to proc Stormbringer.
    This is the important quote from the discord post by Rusah.

Overall? Hailstorm is still pretty meh. What makes hailstorm weak with our 4p is not its lack of damage, but that it directly competes with the design of our 4p bonus and undermines your ability to generate and spend resource on Lava Lash. Boulderfist gets around this limitation by gating your resources.
    Our tier is about Stormstrike, its about using our Maelstrom power for Lava Lash as much as we can to get more Stormbringer procs.

So whilst yes Hot Hands would mean Lava Lash does more damage, from what I understand having Boulderfist gives us the space as well as the upfront Maelstrom.

Were talking about the hotfixes. Why would I then bring up the talents for today?

I also said second line, talents will remain unchanged.

*shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

This is the important quote from the discord post by Rusah.

Our tier is about Stormstrike, its about using our Maelstrom power for Lava Lash as much as we can to get more Stormbringer procs.

So whilst yes Hot Hands would mean Lava Lash does more damage, from what I understand having Boulderfist gives us the space as well as the upfront Maelstrom.
    This is very useful information. It suggests that our rotation was destined to change with the 4PC even without the 7.1.5 nerfs/buffs. We still would have needed to drop aoe abilities in single target (except for CL to trigger alpha wolf) and give up talents that hog global cooldowns or maelstrom, like HS.

Hi guys, after to read the new hitfix for the next Wesneday, saw buff in Hailstorm; This talent come back optional? Dont know how will be, but a 29% is important numbers. Also I have legendaries wrist, and with HH i can to have procs of 130% of LL. Ok but althougth i have legendaries will be good the damage of Frostbrand.

Other part the Fury of Air is nerfed, I believe that come back Crashing storm, Also is good talent for cleave.

Will see like will be the Enha the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoxa View Post
    Hi guys, after to read the new hitfix for the next Wesneday, saw buff in Hailstorm; This talent come back optional? Dont know how will be, but a 29% is important numbers. Also I have legendaries wrist, and with HH i can to have procs of 130% of LL. Ok but althougth i have legendaries will be good the damage of Frostbrand.

Other part the Fury of Air is nerfed, I believe that come back Crashing storm, Also is good talent for cleave.

Will see like will be the Enha the next week.
    It looks like HS still won't be used, unless you have Eye of the Twisting Nether. In that case, you'll have to sim it to see if it's worth taking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people could read, literally the post above them.

Having done a few mythic bosses last night, I've come to the conclusion that Hot Hands and Tempest are not compatible talents. When they proc at the same time I found it very tough to not waste them when you also have buffs to maintain.

Deleted
    So first NH run done tonight. Just normal. It feels bad being able to consistently perform at the 80+ percentile rating and still be overtaken in dps by other classes who are only performing at ~50...

Did anyone else have trouble activating Alpha Wolves on Elisande? Just wouldn't trigger for some reason. It's possible it only happened while I had red buff.

Tuning hotfixes just announced for certain classes before Mythic NH. Shamans conspicuously not included. Nice, Blizzard.