Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Go look up those sales of Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U and get back to me.
    To be fair that was a shitty port. They should have done the trilogy as a port, like what the Ps3 got.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    B)The Sony PSN hack from back (iirc) 2011 really lost pretty much all my faith in them, having a light been shone on their total incompetence to protect their userbase.
    Do you play blizzard games?
    Do you use a windows OS?
    Do you use a email from anyone?
    Have you ever used steam?
    Have you ever used Origin?

Because all of these things have been hacked at some point. To swear off a company because they got hacked once is kinda foolish, Even more so in this day and age.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was planning on getting a Switch at launch, but I will probably wait until there are at least 2 if not 3 titles I want. At the moment, that means im waiting until Summer for Zelda, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Hoping more games get announces for the launch window, but im doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I was planning on getting a Switch at launch, but I will probably wait until there are at least 2 if not 3 titles I want. At the moment, that means im waiting until Summer for Zelda, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Hoping more games get announces for the launch window, but im doubtful.
    Not a bad idea, but I'm expecting Nintendo to pull their artificially low supply bullshit to keep the Switch sold out until the holidays.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Deleted
    I didn't talk about PC yet, so I'll keep this one short.
    PC gaming isn't as cheap as people like to think. In order to play games, you have to have a good framerate and decent quality to really enjoy it. I don't have 1k+ to spend, so PC gaming is out of the question.
    One other little thing that I find rather hypocritical is that PC gaming is awesome because we can get the games for FREE!
    So you spend big money on the hardware and then steal 99% of the games you play? Nice one, way to show the devs your appreciation for their hard fucking work by taking the foods from their mouths!
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($75.00 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($47.99 @ Directron)
    Storage: Mushkin TRIACTOR 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 4GB RS Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($35.88 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $539.71
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-14 17:45 EST-0500

Nope, a system like this would easily play games at decent frame rates on high settings, case is optional and you can get the OS cheap on some websites otherwise you can pay full retail for it and you are still under $1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jml0uItdnE

The reviewer is using a higher end CPU however, in most cases hes using maximum settings where CPU can affect certain areas, just want to put this argument of needing to spend $1000 to get good framerates on PC gaming a rest, yes this is more expensive then a console but the $1000 argument irks me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo needed to come out strong with a good launch lineup.

Mario
    Splatoon 1
    Just Cause 3
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition with both of the last 2 games bundled.
    Mass Effect 1-3 remastered.
    Final Fantasy 15
    Pokemon Stars
    Metroid
    Animal Crossing
    Skyrim
    Mario Maker
    Smash Brothers
    The list goes on

Any 1 of those titles with Zelda would have made it a decent launch, and they couldn't even pull that off. Like why isn't Skyrim a launch title? Why dont they have more WiiU game ports at launch? They really dropped the ball and once again Greatly overestimated their brand. They should have launched the Switch in Summer or Fall so they had more ready for it.

Any 1 of those titles with Zelda would have made it a decent launch, and they couldn't even pull that off. Like why isn't Skyrim a launch title? Why dont they have more WiiU game ports at launch? They really dropped the ball and once again Greatly overestimated their brand. They should have launched the Switch in Summer or Fall so they had more ready for it.
    Because The Switch is rushed out the gate and no one is ready to release shit for it. The fact people are going to beta test there network even shows this.

Also no chance in hell the new tomb raider,FF15 are running on The Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were crazy, I'd swear you were being sarcastic, so lets explain why here.

You assume I only buy Nintendo hardware. The answer to that would be completely wrong. I haven't bought a Nintendo console EVER. Parents bought the house a Gamecube, then the wii, and never the Wiiu. I've never bought one myself. I've bought 5 xbox 360's. 2 died, 3rd still working from replacement, and the other 2 died from botched JTAG'ing. I've bought 2 Ps3's, the first being stolen from me, the 2nd simply because I bought a few games I wanted to play.

So why haven't I bought either the XBone or the PS4 if I have spent so much on their previous generation counterparts, why the hell haven't I gotten an Xbone or a PS4. There's 2 parts to the answer. They didn't have the games that I'd want to play, and I didn't have the money to purchase the systems at the time.

Neither system STILL has no games I want to play. Halo is officially shit now, Gears4 looks tacked on. No Ps3 game comes to mind that has a sequel that I wanna play either. Im not a CoD player, nor a BF player.

I'll also mention how
    A)Microsoft managed to lose me with their attempted "Always online" DRM shit, and the constant adverts on the dashboard.
    B)The Sony PSN hack from back (iirc) 2011 really lost pretty much all my faith in them, having a light been shone on their total incompetence to protect their userbase.

So why am I buying the Switch?
    1) The time is right, I actually have the money to spend.
    2) There are games that I want to play.

Somehow, amazingly, Nintendo has managed to do what the other 2 "Big companies" have failed to do. The system intrigued me that it can be used both at home and on the move. Great! It has hit at JUST the right time where I was considering getting a console. GREAT! AND it managed to have a few games on it that I REALLY wanted to play on the WiiU, but was unwilling to drop the money on. BAM, they have a sale.

I didn't talk about PC yet, so I'll keep this one short.
    PC gaming isn't as cheap as people like to think. In order to play games, you have to have a good framerate and decent quality to really enjoy it. I don't have 1k+ to spend, so PC gaming is out of the question.
    One other little thing that I find rather hypocritical is that PC gaming is awesome because we can get the games for FREE!
    So you spend big money on the hardware and then steal 99% of the games you play? Nice one, way to show the devs your appreciation for their hard fucking work by taking the foods from their mouths!

I'll end by saying this. I'm allowed to have a preferred console to play on. I'm allowed to only buy 1 piece of kit that can fit the price I'm going for. I'm allowed to look at where I'm going to get the most enjoyment for my money.

Yes, I'd LOVE to play as many 3rd party games on the Switch. Because atleast then the ones that I'd want to be played would be available.

I am FAR from a Nintendo fanboy as you indirectly stated, so you sir can go and take your attempted Nintendo fanboy shaming and stick it where the sun don't shine.
    Who the hell gets games for free? I don't know many people who pirate pc games anymore. You're creating a straw man argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Not a bad idea, but I'm expecting Nintendo to pull their artificially low supply bullshit to keep the Switch sold out until the holidays.
    There are 2m units being shipped in the Month of March. Thats not too bad. The PS4 and Xbox one both only sold around 2m in their first month-1.5months so there should be little to no shortage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because The Switch is rushed out the gate and no one is ready to release shit for it. The fact people are going to beta test there network even shows this.

Also no chance in hell the new tomb raider,FF15 are running on The Switch.
    I wish you guys would stop saying that. We still know nothing. Older rumors has it running Maxwell with newer ones having it running on Pascal as of October. The Nvidia shield used a K1 which was 360 or ps3 levels of performance or above. The X1 is significantly more powerful than that, and the Switch probably uses something slightly above an X1. Also, you do realize that Tomb raider was on the ps3 right.. The Switch worst case scenario is twice as powerful as a ps3. Watch dogs ran on the WiiU. Devs can get games to run on older hardware. They tend not too because it takes a good bit of work. If Nintendo wanted FF15 on the Switch and were willing to pay for the development it would go on the Switch.

There are 2m units being shipped in the Month of March. Thats not too bad. The PS4 and Xbox one both only sold around 2m in their first month-1.5months so there should be little to no shortage.
    I seem to remember Sony and Microsoft promising there would be no shortage when their consoles launched. And then there was a shortage. Either way, it won't be just the first month that matters. If they only ship another 2 million until the holidays, that'll be the real problem. Though if they DO try to pull that, I expect GameStop to make a killing selling used Switches for $289.99 thanks to the weak library.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I wish you guys would stop saying that. We still know nothing. Older rumors has it running Maxwell with newer ones having it running on Pascal as of October. The Nvidia shield used a K1 which was 360 or ps3 levels of performance or above. The X1 is significantly more powerful than that, and the Switch probably uses something slightly above an X1. Also, you do realize that Tomb raider was on the ps3 right.. The Switch worst case scenario is twice as powerful as a ps3. Watch dogs ran on the WiiU. Devs can get games to run on older hardware. They tend not too because it takes a good bit of work. If Nintendo wanted FF15 on the Switch and were willing to pay for the development it would go on the Switch.
    Its safe to say its using the X1 and not the new Terga 2.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-spec-analysis

Sorry but its fact at this point, with the lack of games its clear The Switch is rushed. Its not a opinion anymore its a proven fact.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry but its fact at this point, with the lack of games its clear The Switch is rushed. Its not a opinion anymore its a proven fact.
    Im not arguing that its not rushed. Im arguing that if they really wanted to, they could get almost any current gen game to run on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I seem to remember Sony and Microsoft promising there would be no shortage when their consoles launched. And then there was a shortage. Either way, it won't be just the first month that matters. If they only ship another 2 million until the holidays, that'll be the real problem. Though if they DO try to pull that, I expect GameStop to make a killing selling used Switches for $289.99 thanks to the weak library.
    There was a small shortage for about a month on the Ps4 and none from what I recall on the XB1. The Ps4 didn't expect the sell's it got.

The Nintendo Switch will have a shortage because Nintendo didn't make enough, Not because its selling so fucken amazing they didn't expect the demand.

10+ Year Old Account

Its also possible that they had outdated info on an older devkit. Who knows. I'm not willing to say its the Tegra 2, but I also dont think its a standard X1.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a small shortage for about a month on the Ps4 and none from what I recall on the XB1. The Ps4 didn't expect the sell's it got.

The Nintendo Switch will have a shortage because Nintendo didn't make enough, Not because its selling so fucken amazing they didn't expect the demand.
    2m consoles in 3 weeks is more than enough. Thats from the CoO of Nintendos mouth.

Im not arguing that its not rushed. Im arguing that if they really wanted to, they could get almost any current gen game to run on it.
    And I am telling you factually they can't. You will not see Battlefield 1 on The Switch because the hardware can not handheld it.

Once again... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-spec-analysis
    Available CPU Speeds Available GPU Speeds Available Memory Controller Speeds
    Undocked 1020MHz 307.2MHz 1331/1600MHz
    Docked 1020MHz 307.2/768MHz 1331/1600MHz
    This thing is no where near as close to the XB1 in performance and even the XB1 had issues with BF1 (along with other titles). Unreal 4 scales really well and isn't super demanding. The same can not be said for other game engines.

2m consoles in 3 weeks is more than enough. Thats from the CoO of Nintendos mouth.
    A lot has came out of Nintendo's mouth that has turned out to be bullshit......

Remember all the awesome 3rd party dev support they said the Wii-U had.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No

Absolutely all these things have been hacked at some point, but it's usually caught fairly easily, or because of user error. PSN was a whole other level, where the damage was so deep they had to rebuild the system from the ground up again.

We can agree to disagree on PC reasons. However whenever I talk to or see someone having a discussion about pc gaming, one of the most common things that's talked about is that they can get their games for free. However, besides that, I believe my arguement to be sound.
    Shit happens, That's all that can really be said about it.

Don't get me wrong Sony are no saints but I won't swear them off because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I am telling you factually they can't. You will not see Battlefield 1 on The Switch because the hardware can not handheld it.

Once again... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-spec-analysis

This thing is no where near as close to the XB1 in performance and even the XB1 had issues with BF1 (along with other titles). Unreal 4 scales really well and isn't super demanding. The same can not be said for other game engines.
    Yeah, I think it could at low settings and maybe 540p up-scaled to 720p in handheld mode. I'm not going to argue with you about it anymore though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, one last thing before im done. It runs Steep. Steep is a good looking game. Not BF1 for sure, but it does look good.

Yeah, I think it could at low settings and maybe 540p up-scaled to 720p in handheld mode. I'm not going to argue with you about it anymore though.
    Not arguing we are having a discussion, lets say you are correct.

How is this a selling point for any system.

I want the switch to be successful, because it currently has the most games that I want to play
    Holy shit, I can't believe someone actually said this.

You can't be taken serious as a gamer saying this. There is being a nintendo fan then there is just being flat out rediculous. The Xbox One and PS4 libraries + 2017 games lineups literally destroys the whole 4 games that matter coming out on the switch in 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, one last thing before im done. It runs Steep. Steep is a good looking game. Not BF1 for sure, but it does look good.
    It runs Steep! People keep saying this but we have seen no footage yet.

For all we know it looks like 1080 Snowboarding when running on the Switch. Game isn't that impressive anyways, take away the volumetric lighting and reduce snow physics and the game could run on a toaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Holy shit, I can't believe someone actually said this.

You can't be taken serious as a gamer saying this. There is being a nintendo fan then there is just being flat out rediculous. The Xbox One 2017 games lineups literally destroys the whole 4 games that matter coming out on the switch in 2017.
    Lol. Xbone is deader than the wiiu.