10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So this whole "Russian hackers hacked Trump" thing seems to be very popular in US media, what do you think they are distracting the American nation from? What else is going on behind the hysteria?
    The Trump inoguration. Focusing on something else stops the majority of the nation from having a mental breakdown and breaking out into chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I don't think Trump is a criminal mastermind, he's just a moron. Clinton has way more skeletons in her closet, but she would still have been the better choice.
    That moron easily destroyed the Democrat party. Remember that.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Martinezzz;44185913]
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Show us the proof it was debunked. Go ahead, link some actual facts.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Show me that is true Show us the proof go ahead some actual facts . Did CNN tell you its true it must be then
    CNN is fake news. I knew that before Trump said it. "Hands up don't shoot" was a lie yet still was reported as truth. That's fake news that took race relations back. The left media needs to own up to that disgusting behavior of race driven politics as well as the Democratic party as a whole.

[QUOTE=Martinezzz;44185913]
    Show us the proof it was debunked. Go ahead, link some actual facts.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Show me that is true Show us the proof go ahead some actual facts . Did CNN tell you its true it must be then
    I don't have to show it is true, I didn't say it was true. I said that it was presented to the presidents. That doesn't mean the report is true either, it just means it was presented to the presidents.

You guys have this huge roadblock in your brains where you can't seem to get over what is in the file. The truth of what is in the file isn't what we are talking about, it is that the file was presented, true or not. That is fact. I don't know why you guys can't seem to grasp that.

For example, I tell you, "Hey, I heard in gym class that Russia was fucking your girlfriend. I don't know if that is true or not but you might want to look into it." then someone else says, "Deadman told Martinezz that Russia may be fucking his girlfriend." and you are screaming, "They are lying! There is no proof Russia fucked my girlfriend!" They didn't lie! because they didn't say Russia was definitely fucking your girlfriend, they said I told you Russia may or may not be fucking your girlfriend.

So follow the bouncing ball here,
    Lets call the files "X"...
    CNN said, "The Presidents were told that X exists."
    CNN did not say that X was true.
    CNN did not say what X was.
    CNN only reported that the intelligence agencies told the presidents that X exists so that they were aware in case it becomes an actual issue.
    Nothing CNN reported was fake news, it actually happened, the report was given and that the giving of X was confirmed by Biden.
    Shepard Smith even reported that Fox News found that nothing CNN did was fake news or unethical.

Now why that is so hard for you guys to wrap your brains around, I do not know. Maybe eat apples or something, get some vitamins. Shit.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-01-15 at 02:19 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    That moron easily destroyed the Democrat party. Remember that.
    Pretty sure the Democratic Party is still there, buddy.

CNN is fake news. I knew that before Trump said it. "Hands up don't shoot" was a lie yet still was reported as truth. That's fake news that took race relations back. The left media needs to own up to that disgusting behavior of race driven politics as well as the Democratic party as a whole.
    So, I didn't know what the hell you're talking about, and after some research apparently you're saying the 'hands up' line was a lie because Michael Brown allegedly charged at the police officer that shot him. While this is a massive derailing, let me just clear this up:

1) If a news organization reports something told to them in an interview, that is not fake news, even if the person telling them that thing is incorrect. It is implicit in an interview setting that the blame for untrue statements rests on the interviewee, not the news organization.

2) News organizations are not responsible for what phrases are used by activist groups.

3) The network that did that interview was MSNBC, not CNN.

You people need to stop using the phrase 'fake news' until you learn what it actually fucking means.

Seriously, news companies have been using the term 'allegedly' since the dawn of time, it is baked into their blood by now to always cover their asses when reporting events. Only idjits hear 'He Allegedly murdered Mr. Smith" and run around yelling, "He killed Mr. Smith!"

It's no wonder people don't trust the news, they don't understand basic English anymore.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-01-15 at 02:56 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, news companies have been using the term 'allegedly' since the dawn of time, it is baked into their blood by now to always cover their asses when reporting events. Only idjits hear 'He Allegedly murdered Mr. Smith" and run around yelling, "He killed Mr. Smith!"
    Don't mind all the "FAKE NEWS" screamers, it's a new buzzword that'll go away sooner than later.

In the meantime, we just have to stop ourselves from rolling our eyes so hard that they'll send a priest to exorcise us.

10+ Year Old Account

It's no wonder people don't trust the news, they don't understand basic English anymore.
    People who have been "allegedly" accused of a crime would like a word with you.

False rape, false thief, false violence, a false hate crime. These people who have been "allegedly" accused of these, even after a judge clear them on all accounts, still, suffer from them.

Alleged rapist got thrown out of campuses even if they weren't guilty, literally destroying their reputation and their future.

Alleged thieves will never be able to find a job because nobody wants to employ someone who may or may not steal.

Alleged violent individuals will be bullied by several different groups, who will force the hand of their higher up to remove the individual from the job.

Allegations have a lot of weight and this is why the way you handle it is important. You act as though "suddenly everyone thinks medias do fake news!" even though they never said it was real!

Fake news, per the pure definition, is a story entirely made up. So of course, this is not fake news, because it is done on the basis that the document is real, but the content is unproven.

The problem, and contrarily to what you claim, is that too many people want to believe Trump has ties with Russia. Some think that it will remove him from the presidency. Others think it will start another election cycle. So the narrative is being pushed forward.

So in this case, these allegations are being repeated over and over again to the extent that "allegation" lose its meaning. In the mind of the viewers, it becomes "Yes of course it's unproven, but what if..."

"Yes of course he hasn't been guilty of rape, but what if..."

"Yes of course he hasn't been guilty of theft, but what if..."

And so the damage is done. Again, I think Buzzfeed did a good decision to publish the article. I support them thoroughly in this decision.

What I support less, however, are the media organization who push these allegations day and night.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Don't mind all the "FAKE NEWS" screamers, it's a new buzzword that'll go away sooner than later.

In the meantime, we just have to stop ourselves from rolling our eyes so hard that they'll send a priest to exorcise us.
    It's the new "conspiracy theory" probably being pushed by the same people who pushed the term conspiracy theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's the new "conspiracy theory" probably being pushed by the same people who pushed the term conspiracy theory.
    I see what you did there.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Sorry that we object when people outright lie and make shit up. I'm sure that makes it difficult for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fake news" is a Conspiracy theory?

Well, thank you for proving that neither Trump, nor his supporters will ever change, since they're the biggest conspiracy theorists around. Maybe you'll dig up that birth certificate, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    People who have been "allegedly" accused of a crime would like a word with you.

False rape, false thief, false violence, a false hate crime. These people who have been "allegedly" accused of these, even after a judge clear them on all accounts, still, suffer from them.

Alleged rapist got thrown out of campuses even if they weren't guilty, literally destroying their reputation and their future.

Alleged thieves will never be able to find a job because nobody wants to employ someone who may or may not steal.

Alleged violent individuals will be bullied by several different groups, who will force the hand of their higher up to remove the individual from the job.

Allegations have a lot of weight and this is why the way you handle it is important. You act as though "suddenly everyone thinks medias do fake news!" even though they never said it was real!

Fake news, per the pure definition, is a story entirely made up. So of course, this is not fake news, because it is done on the basis that the document is real, but the content is unproven.

The problem, and contrarily to what you claim, is that too many people want to believe Trump has ties with Russia. Some think that it will remove him from the presidency. Others think it will start another election cycle. So the narrative is being pushed forward.

So in this case, these allegations are being repeated over and over again to the extent that "allegation" lose its meaning. In the mind of the viewers, it becomes "Yes of course it's unproven, but what if..."

"Yes of course he hasn't been guilty of rape, but what if..."

"Yes of course he hasn't been guilty of theft, but what if..."

And so the damage is done. Again, I think Buzzfeed did a good decision to publish the article. I support them thoroughly in this decision.

What I support less, however, are the media organization who push these allegations day and night.
    That's nice and all that you feel that way but the law says otherwise. If they say allegedly they are not lying. If they say you did it and you didn't that's slander and libel, if they say allegedly then they are verbally correct. That's why they use words in laws, because words have actual meanings that can't be bypassed by people with low intellect and a wild imagination. It isn't the news companies fault stupidpeople exist who don't understand the words that the news company says.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-01-15 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice and all that you feel that way but the la says otherwise. If they say allegedly they are not lying. If they say you did it and you didn't that's slander and libel, if they say allegedly then they are verbally correct. That's why they use words in laws, because words have actual meanings that can't be bypassed by people with low intellect and a wild imagination.
    I think you should have a word with a fair portion of the anti-Trump crowd then.

If this does not apply to you, then that's great. But because you are not affected by this doesn't mean that others aren't. That's a tangible reality. However, I won't be a hypocrite. There are far too many in the pro-Trump camp who does the same thing.

Still, even then you've missed my point. I am not advocating for the removal or silence of the document. The way the press handle it, by placating it everywhere all the time, is what makes it unethical.
    Google Diversity Memo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "Fake news" is a Conspiracy theory?

Well, thank you for proving that neither Trump, nor his supporters will ever change, since they're the biggest conspiracy theorists around. Maybe you'll dig up that birth certificate, friend.
    They're doing you a huge favor when they cry "fake news". It's letting you know that they're uncomfortable having thoughts that exist outside of their own little made up reality and echo chambers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    They're doing you a huge favor when they cry "fake news". It's letting you know that they're uncomfortable having thoughts that exist outside of their own little made up reality and echo chambers.
    This is hilarious, m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    You're talking to a guy who thinks the jews run everything.
    *Puts on Tinfoil Yamulke*

Nuh-huh!
    I like talking to Lockedout though, it lets me have a conversation without putting too much thought into debunking his points. A rather relaxing to discuss at such a basic level.

I think you should have a word with a fair portion of the anti-Trump crowd then.

If this does not apply to you, then that's great. But because you are not affected by this doesn't mean that others aren't. That's a tangible reality. However, I won't be a hypocrite. There are far too many in the pro-Trump camp who does the same thing.

Still, even then you've missed my point. I am not advocating for the removal or silence of the document. The way the press handle it, by placating it everywhere all the time, is what makes it unethical.
    Anti-trump? The Trump people are just as guilty by your own definition. "They said They gave trump a debriefing but its all lies! Fake news!! The whole report was full of lies!"-> CNN, "We just said the report was given, not what was in it or if it was true.", Trumper, "YOUR FAKE NEWS, YOU LIED!!!" Because LOTS of people on both sides of the political coin lack brainpower, not just the ones YOU disagree with politically.

It is not unethical to report what your government does, it is unethical to crate a story that never happened to push politics the way you want it to. CNN did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-trump? The Trump people are just as guilty by your own definition. "They said They gave trump a debriefing but its all lies! Fake news!! The whole report was full of lies!"-> CNN, "We just said the report was given, not what was in it or if it was true.", Trumper, "YOUR FAKE NEWS, YOU LIED!!!" Because LOTS of people on both sides of the political coin lack brainpower, not just the ones YOU disagree with politically.

It is not unethical to report what your government does, it is unethical to crate a story that never happened to push politics the way you want it to. CNN did nothing wrong.
    I wonder if you took the time to read, or you turned on the defensive the moment you've read "anti-Trump".

But CNN, even on their website at the moment, have him and Russia everywhere. Mostly in the politic section, but earlier this week on their front page at several distinct spots.

So again, what I do not criticize/do agree with:

• Publication of the document by Buzzfeed.
    • Reporting on the document.
    • Knowledge to the people.

What I do criticize/disagree with:
    • Allegations placated everywhere.
    • Political push to incriminate without proof.
    • Intimidation of pro-Trump voters.

This goes for everything. This is not a stance I take "just because of Trump". I've been vocal against Russia, I've been vocal against /r/The_Donald, I've been vocal against conspiracy theories of Pizzagate/Spirit Cooking and I've been vocal against Neo-Nazi/Alt-Right.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-01-15 at 05:11 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo

I wonder if you took the time to read, or you turned on the defensive the moment you've read "anti-Trump".

But CNN, even on their website at the moment, have him and Russia everywhere. Mostly in the politic section, but earlier this week on their front page at several distinct spots.

So again, what I do not criticize/agree with:

• Publication of the document by Buzzfeed.
    • Reporting on the document.
    • Knowledge to the people.

What I do criticize/disagree with:
    • Allegations placated everywhere.
    • Political push to incriminate without proof.
    • Intimidation of pro-Trump voters.

This goes for everything. This is not a stance I take "just because of Trump". I've been vocal against Russia, I've been vocal against /r/The_Donald, I've been vocal against conspiracy theories of Pizzagate/Spirit Cooking and I've been vocal against Neo-Nazi/Alt-Right.
    Personally I think it is Karma in action that the guy who is the grandfather of, "Obama is not a legitimate president because of birtherism" is crying foul that the media is trying to say he is not a legitimate president because of X." It's like watching someone slam a door open real hard to find out it is on a spring and it smashes them right in the ass.

But I am glad you agree that CNN did nothing wrong in reporting that the report was given regardless if the report is true or not. I hope it's not true, because if it is we are in for a world of problems and the truth will eventually out, it is only a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it is Karma in action that the guy who is the grandfather of, "Obama is not a legitimate president because of birtherism" is crying foul that the media is trying to say he is not a legitimate president because of X." It's like watching someone slam a door open real hard to find out it is on a spring and it smashes them right in the ass.

But I am glad you agree that CNN did nothing wrong in reporting that the report was given regardless if the report is true or not. I hope it's not true, because if it is we are in for a world of problems and the truth will eventually out, it is only a matter of time.
    If these allegations are true, we are bound to have it laid out very soon. There's no doubt that right now, there's a strong investigation going on right before the 20th. Anything taken after that is going to be marginally harder to push given Trump's position.

If he's guilty, he should be prosecuted/impeached. Obviously, nobody in their right mind wants Russia to have a working puppet at the head of the still strongest country on earth. Likewise, Russia's ties with propaganda pushed during the election is clear, which is why I support the US actions against them (although I would've accepted actions way earlier than that, for several crimes done that aren't related to the US elections).

Right now, the only clear link between Russia and Trump is through some members of his administration. Nothing seems to connect Trump personally with Russia, but I'll wait until I hear more information before passing judgement. Which is really what I ask out of this thread.
    Google Diversity Memo