Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I do. It's increadibly boring. WoD was many times more fun and reactive.

But because its legion and legendaries+AP, rerolling isn't an option.
    Boring to you, maybe...

Fun as shit for me...

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind Blizzard changing the classes every expansion if they weren't making them consistently worse with each iteration since MoP.
    For me, Mists was the high point of the game and I've been playing since vanilla. I never agreed with those saying that the ability bloat was bad for the game, I enjoyed having tools for every situation. But then again I'm also the same guy who in other games hauls around 6 different weapons, or tries to learn every spell in the game so I have as large of a toolkit as possible, because I enjoy picking from multiple options.

Ever since MoP, it was pure hell for me and I finally gave up after Legion. Every single time they touched the classes they took away more and more and just kept simplifying. Back then, starting from TBC, I was always looking forward for the next expansion alpha leaks and I was like a kid before Christmas opening his presents when they announced new spells and abilities for my class. This turned around, and in the last few years I was literally scared of what I'm losing next.

Blizzard changes class rotations and feel every expansion.. I cant believe people quit their class/game about it. Pick a class based on what fantasy you enjoy. Like animals and guns? hunter. Like wizards? mage. Wanna be edgy? lock. If you could have "superpowers" irl what would they be. Thats how you pick a class lol. Been a warlock since day 1 no alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    So... Do you like the RNG of the endgame in FFXIV? Did you try crafting there? I'm sure you will have a great time if you hate RNG... Also do you like grinding gear for months? Being a level 40 scholar, means you've hardly touched the game.

Oh and btw, let me warn you. In FFXIV they also have their vision and they dont give two shits about EU or NA, they only care for their Asian audience, which is us in Korea and Japan, not even China. So you are also tagging along for the ride.
    If they didn't give two shits about the rest of the world, then we would be waiting for 5-6 months for patches like in TERA or there wouldn't be a Fanfest in the US and EU as well. The game being constantly dubbed in several languages for each major patch speaks volumes against your statement as well.

FFXIV's RNG is nothing compared to current WoW though I'm afraid. Blade and Soul is one of the worst ones I've playe din that aspect though.

I don't feel like an alienated player in FFXIV just because I'm in America. Its a worldwide MMO like WoW and they obviously care about all their players.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Play a ret paladin...DO IT! IT CALLS TO YOU!
    I've found it oddly satisfying this xpac, though the Ashbringer aesthetic certainly isn't hurting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Do you like the RNG of the endgame in FFXIV? Did you try crafting there? I'm sure you will have a great time if you hate RNG... Also do you like grinding gear for months? Being a level 40 scholar, means you've hardly touched the game.
    Tome gear says: "Hi".
    You can gear to almost max item level with absolutely 0 RNG.

Raid loot follows the same RNG pattern of the old WoW, no Titanforge or other bull.

Crafting is an OPTION (and yes, very RNG dependent ant incredible time consuming) für people that like it. All equipment is BoE, so you don't have to craft yourself if you do not like it. You can simply by the gear.

Blizzard have stated their direction of development many times already. They have been talking about this changes since MOP, I guess. It has taken so long only because they: 1) Don't want to shock their playerbase, so make gradual changes (it had taken whole Cataclysm to remove old talent trees for example) 2) Don't have resources to make all changes at once. Their direction is - to remove all "unnecessary" buttons. Such buttons are buttons, that can be made passive. Why do Blizzard do it? It's simple. There are classes, that have always been more popular due to 3-button style gameplay. Mages and Paladins in the past. Hunters in WOD. And Blizzard think, that they should bring all other classes to the same level of simplicity, cuz they don't want newbies to suffer from wrong class choices.

I don't know. From one point of view I remember, how many problems I had with Shaman back in old days, when I started to play Wow, and that game would have been much more enjoyable, if I would have picked Paladin or Druid instead. But from another point of view when it takes long to master your class and you finally beat all problems and master it - it brings to much satisfaction and sense of accomplishment, that it's really sad, that current new players lose this opportunity. It's also great, when there are always some room for improvement. You go to 5ppls/raids again, again and again, cuz you know, that you still can do this fight 1% better. I really think, that PVE should be like Poker - mix of skill and luck. And when skill is being removed from equation - game becomes too boring pretty fast. Yeah, learning curve is smoother now and game isn't so noob unfriendly, but... This new players become bored much faster.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    If they didn't give two shits about the rest of the world, then we would be waiting for 5-6 months for patches like in TERA or there wouldn't be a Fanfest in the US and EU as well. The game being constantly dubbed in several languages for each major patch speaks volumes against your statement as well.

FFXIV's RNG is nothing compared to current WoW though I'm afraid. Blade and Soul is one of the worst ones I've playe din that aspect though.

I don't feel like an alienated player in FFXIV just because I'm in America. Its a worldwide MMO like WoW and they obviously care about all their players.
    What I meant about not caring about your western audience is that they will never make design decisions (aka features) that will cater to western audience. You get what they release here and have no say about their direction. Which is exactly what the person I quoted said he hated about WoW.
    Fanfestas and language translations are the easy things to do, especially since you are making profits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Tome gear says: "Hi".
    You can gear to almost max item level with absolutely 0 RNG.

Raid loot follows the same RNG pattern of the old WoW, no Titanforge or other bull.

Crafting is an OPTION (and yes, very RNG dependent ant incredible time consuming) für people that like it. All equipment is BoE, so you don't have to craft yourself if you do not like it. You can simply by the gear.
    Is the tome gear less grindy than the first iteration? Or are you talking about the tomestones? I stopped playing after the first 24 raid released after clearing alexander savage.
    It had quite RNG , at least from some of us who didn't get the tomes needed well after quite a few months (the ones that dropped from savage). My gf also had quite a grind herself, aiming for her class gear it took her from day1 (around june? was it?) till october? Not really sure on the dates though.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-01-16 at 01:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much wraps up my biggest gripe with the game. Anymore and it feels like I'm paying a box fee and a sub for a work in progress. Once the work is finished, the cycle starts anew.

There has been at least one good iteration of each specialization in this game. They don't need to be altering them.

And now they will come and say: "Lesson learned! We will not change the rotation in next expansion!" And now we are stuck with the same dumbed down class gameplay in 8.0.

Deleted
    If you would read notes, maybe few interviews(im not a reader myself, still ive seen it):

They rather wanted to change this much, than few bits over the course of the expansion. From now on after this week, it will be stabile and only hotfix, as they have to balance it around NH and how much the avg. is on.

But how would you know. You know only 1 thing, LOL and Fifa(something like that).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-16 at 01:41 PM.

better changin classes al the xpacs before playing the same for 12 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Well, think of it this way.

I like playing Mega Man games. Each Mega Man game brings a few minor changes to the formula, shakes thing up a little bit, but they all still feel like Mega Man games.

Now, imagine if you took Mega Man away, and then gave me Castlevania. Now, maybe there's nothing wrong with Castlevania, but it's just not the same.

I really want to play a character I don't have to "think about playing" and can instead focus on enjoying the encounters, the environments, and the ambiance. My Death Knight, for example, I simply cannot enjoy. To me, Death Knights are *SUPPOSED* to wield massive two-handed weapons, which immediately removed Frost as an option. Now, Blood feels like a complete mess, and I've never never liked their approach to Unholy since ICC.

For a Class that started out as "the Arthas class", anymore it feels completely removed.

While the Death Knight was always my favorite class -- in terms of Lore -- I think it's an issue that lots of classes struggle with. Warlocks have absolutely had it the worst, but I feel like, at a certain point, Blizzard just needs to settle on some core mechanics for each Class, and just let them be.
    Go pala retri---->pick your corrupted ashbringer skin----->get some DK lookalike trasmog----->bam problem solved.

Really the core of your DK problem is frost dual wielding? I mean, it's always a FROST DK, now if they changed the spec in "life DK", but it's always frost (and abilities are 90% the same). Really this love with 2 hand weapon, now i can understand it's easier to drop 1 weapon instead of 2, but now you have artifacts!

P.S: Arthas is a 360° DK, frost unholy and a bit of blood.

P.P.S: lorewise Arthas is dead, it's just obvious that DK moved from his model/teachings/fightstyle.

P.P.P.S: i main warlock since TBC, and to be honest, lorewise, this iteration of demonology is the most plausible. I mean what the hell, a Warlock, enslaver of demons, can turn in a.. demon? Wot? Right now you command a lot of demons, and this makes sense (LOREWISE, it's a different story about gameplay).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    better changin classes al the xpacs before playing the same for 12 years.
    +1

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Blizzard changes class rotations and feel every expansion.. I cant believe people quit their class/game about it. Pick a class based on what fantasy you enjoy. Like animals and guns? hunter. Like wizards? mage. Wanna be edgy? lock. If you could have "superpowers" irl what would they be. Thats how you pick a class lol. Been a warlock since day 1 no alts
    Lol you are so stucked in your own opinion.
    I dont care about any class fantasy. its a videogame, i want to have fun, not feel like something im not. im an human... i dont have power and i will never have it. good gameplay spec or reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the tome gear less grindy than the first iteration? Or are you talking about the tomestones? I stopped playing after the first 24 raid released after clearing alexander savage.
    Tomestone gear is not "grindy" per se. It's the "keep the account active and farm your tomestone cap every week" kind of thing that rewards a continued subscription more than raw grinding effort. (Basically 6 expert dungeons per week = cap).
    It's the same as Valor, only difference: you get great items for very slot (stat wise) that also look good.

Takes around 3.5 months to get the complete set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Blizzard changes class rotations and feel every expansion.. I cant believe people quit their class/game about it.
    I'd definitely quit raiding this expansion, had I still been active.
    The current SPriest design is very far removed from the spec I played and loved for 8 years.

I feel like Blizzard has some kind of internal mandate, that they *MUST* fundamentally change every class for every single expansion. To a point, I can follow the logic -- that maybe players would be burnt-out if their rotation never changed after a decade -- but the degree to which they've done it, to the point of actually altering the identity of entire Classes, I think has finally taken its toll.

At least for me, it has.

Now, I'm not going to sit here as say "Woe is me, Blizzard has ruined the game". And, contrary to some posters I've seen, I still believe Blizzard has an incredible standard of quality for gameplay.

However, because of the constant tinkering and "re-imagining" of character classes and specs, I feel like I've reached a point where I'm just like, "I'm done. Call me when I can just PLAY the game."

For the first several years, I really struggled with WoW. The character I actually wanted to play was an Arthas-like Death Knight, but at the time, the Ret-Paladin seemed the closest analogue for that (at least Lore-wise, it made sense). Once Death Knights were finally added, I felt like I'd finally found the character for me!

Except... they kept tinkering with them. And changing their identity.

Eventually, I decided to switch to a Rogue. And I enjoyed it. Until the next expansion, because again, Blizzard kept making changes.

So, I adopted a Warlock. And the experience was great. And then, again, Blizzard changed everything.

For the entirety of Warlords of Draenor, I played but could never find a class I truly enjoyed. And now, in Legion, I dislike playing every class.

The shame is, for the first time since Wrath of the Lich King, I feel like the Lore is actually kind of important again. I'm not really feeling the direction they're taking Illidan (and the whole idea of him being a "Champion of Light", and the Holy Nathrezim basically feels like a re-tread of the Draenei), but at least it feels like the story is moving again.

I dunno. At this point I'm not sure where I stand on WoW; I love the locations I've seen (save for Stormheim; I feel like the Forsaken influence totally killed the vibe there), and I really love the idea of Class-based stories. But I just can't find a class I actually enjoy *playing*, despite having enjoyed so many in the past.
    its called keeping a fresh product, and they kind of need to. not everyone is a fan of the same thing over and over again. they risk losing even more people by not bringing fresh rotations, content, etc. not to derail, and i know its not the thread, but it doesnt change its validity, blizzard have been getting in their way a lot on other topics as well. AHEM FLYING. that was a colossal fucking mistake and they are pretty much doing the same thing in legion. im just not sure what company is allowed to lose that many subs without answering for it with a purge of some kind to rid the company of people literally making decisions that cost you millions of dollars.

Well, think of it this way.

I like playing Mega Man games. Each Mega Man game brings a few minor changes to the formula, shakes thing up a little bit, but they all still feel like Mega Man games.

Now, imagine if you took Mega Man away, and then gave me Castlevania. Now, maybe there's nothing wrong with Castlevania, but it's just not the same.

I really want to play a character I don't have to "think about playing" and can instead focus on enjoying the encounters, the environments, and the ambiance. My Death Knight, for example, I simply cannot enjoy. To me, Death Knights are *SUPPOSED* to wield massive two-handed weapons, which immediately removed Frost as an option. Now, Blood feels like a complete mess, and I've never never liked their approach to Unholy since ICC.

For a Class that started out as "the Arthas class", anymore it feels completely removed.

While the Death Knight was always my favorite class -- in terms of Lore -- I think it's an issue that lots of classes struggle with. Warlocks have absolutely had it the worst, but I feel like, at a certain point, Blizzard just needs to settle on some core mechanics for each Class, and just let them be.
    so you dont really like dk you just like frost dk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    There's a free trial up to lvl 35. The story starts up slow, but really picks up after a while, especially in the expansion.

I just hope you don't mind cutscenes, as there are a lot of them. FFXIV is probably the most story-based MMO I've played (besides maybe FFXI), so if you're not that into the story aspect of MMOs, well, you've been warned :P
    Yeah, not kidding, there are 45 minute cutscenes at a couple of points. Now, that said, they do warn you that there are a lot of cutscenes coming and allow you to wait to start them when these extended ones do happen (they're part of major story events that happen in a sort of solo instance that you have to "enter").

FFXIV is a really good game. I quit WOW for over a year in WOD, came back shortly before Legion to get caught up, and I played FFXIV the time I was gone. I'm still subbed to it, but Legion has renewed my interest in WOW for the time being. I haven't quit FFXIV, I'm still keeping up on the MSQ and such, just haven't been doing any endgame content on it since I came back for Legion.

Yada yada yada I don't like the game yada yada yada the sky is falling yada yada yada same old story yada yada yada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The class changes were fine until after MoP. I felt comfortable with them, the classes felt like they were pretty much perfect. I thought there was nothing really else to improve on until they pruned the fuck out of them in WoD then a complete overhaul for Legion. It just never seemed like they knew what they wanted to do with their classes. It was so annoying having to relearn the class I've been playing for years over and over again.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe