Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I believe Remilia is making a joke about drawing lots of Spires. Sometimes it feels like there's only two cards in the deck: Spire and Spear =P
    No its spire and ewer
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I personally like the 'aesthetic' of WHM more than the other healers. Though I'm probably going to level SCH next since they seem really fun as well.

AST never really struck me right. Don't know why. I only recently got myself to complete the AST starting quest to empty out my quest log, after half a year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Lol what do you think we were talking about. There's 6 cards
    I believe Remilia is making a joke about drawing lots of Spires. Sometimes it feels like there's only two cards in the deck: Spire and Spear =P
    Yup. :P

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...fe934b0a0a464e

Full notes for 3.5

Seems we are basically doing Light Grind 2.0
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-16 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, no Tomestone of Scripture changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    So, no Tomestone of Scripture changes?
    I'm guessing for 3.55 in between the parts. Soul of the Creators weekly lockout is staying put I imagine until either 3.55 or part 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm guessing for 3.55 in between the parts.
    Bleh, was hoping for easy gear for AST - oh well, at least new dungeon gear is i245. Then it's just going to be RNG hell in Alex 9-12 for i250 pieces, since everybody is going to roll need on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. Nexus all over again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Most RPG's on the other hand have bad storytelling because it's storytelling. You're stopped from playing the game to be told more of the story. You are shown the story through cutscenes andget to know the characters through their diologue. It's entirely seperate from both the gameplay and the games mechanics, as though it takes place in it's own little bubble divorced from the rest of the game. If your story and your game are completely separate why not just make them completely separate to begin with? Turn the story into a novel and the gameplay into a game.
    Why play fighting games when you hate fighting games?
    Why play shooters if you hate guns?
    Why does every genre of game need to be identical?
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-01-16 at 07:38 PM.

Lol what do you think we were talking about. There's 6 cards
    Exactly. 1 Balance card and 5 Trash cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wait, there are different cards?
    Yellow TP card and that blue chug-a-lug for mana regen. Such a bummer to draw them (when you already burned one) and no redraw off CD. ._.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Oh god. Nexus all over again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Fuck.
    F*** indeed. Ugh.

Nexus, the reason why I never bothered with a second 50 relic.

The limitation on certain rewards for Alexander have been removed.
    The limitation on the Alexandrian gear reward in Alexander - The Soul of the Creator has not been removed.

This can't mean equipment? I don't remember the last wing of ARR having its restrictions being removed this early.

F*** indeed. Ugh.

Nexus, the reason why I never bothered with a second 50 relic.
    To be honest I'd rather the light step from ARR than another tome grind. Of course something better than that would be awesome too but it could be worse.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-01-16 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    To be honest I'd rather the light step from ARR than another tome grind. Of course something better than that would be awesome too but it could be worse.
    Lets hope we don't have to observe some reddit thread again in order to track bonus events >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    This can't mean equipment? I don't remember the last wing of ARR having its restrictions being removed this early.
    Seems to me, everything is off the weekly lockout except for the cog you need for weapons

From the new items list in the patch :

https://i.redd.it/fijt2ybzl2ay.jpg

Y u do dis SE ? One day until I can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lets hope we don't have to observe some reddit thread again in order to track bonus events >.<
    If they insist on doing bonuses, they need to add an NPC or use a preexisting one, like Olan in Iddylshire that just tells you the bonus dungeons and the windows.

I'm loath to add yet another key item specifically for tracking things related to one quest.

Make it an interface, much like upgrading the relic during the Umbrite phase.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    If they insist on doing bonuses, they need to add an NPC or use a preexisting one, like Olan in Iddylshire that just tells you the bonus dungeons and the windows.

I'm loath to add yet another key item specifically for tracking things related to one quest.

Make it an interface, much like upgrading the relic during the Umbrite phase.
    I'm fine having the special item to peer at it. For me, just have it tell you with a fairly obvious clue when you use it. Like "Peering through the aether glass, you're certain you hear the sound of ringing steel in your ears" So that tells you Ravana is the bonus at that time.

An interface would work, but you have to have a method of opening that interface, which is usually an item or talking to an NPC.

Like I don't understand why you wouldn't bring 2 astrologians to a group? They can be both a shield and HoT healing AND THEIR CARD BUFFS ARE HUGE
    Basically having a variety of utility spells is better than doubling up. But yeah AST/AST is annoying as shit to run unless you're in comms with the other person.
    Quoted Kael just because he seems to know a lot about raid healing comps... I don't play AST (just don't like it for some reason) and I don't do cutting edge raids...

Anyway, I vaguely remember AST buffs not stacking with eachother. Therefore you couldn't have HoT and Shields. Do I remember incorrectly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I saw that they finally added egi-glamours but did they add any new options to glamour to as well?
    They always add new gear lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Do I remember incorrectly?
    I do believe they stack. Not shield + shield but HoT + Shield and HoT + HoT should.

The card buffs don't stack though, so people need to coordinate who buffs whom or in case of AoE buffs: who buffs when. I agree that would be very annoying to do w/o being in vent/TS with the other healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The card buffs don't stack though, so people need to coordinate who buffs whom or in case of AoE buffs: who buffs when. I agree that would be very annoying to do w/o being in vent/TS with the other healer.
    Popped AoE Balance earlier - watched how other AST replaced it with AoE Spear.