Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I am really sick of the dirty politics that go behind closed doors. Side deals here, blackmail there, ... obstruction, filibustering ... the worst of House of Cards has been taking place in the US Government for over 50 years.

Our government is full of a rich old farts who have no grasp on the realities of the average working man or women. Time to retire ... or better yet just die already.
    Clearly Republican voters disagree because they voted their representatives back in after the obstructionism.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The people approve of Trump's "crazy actions". Take for instance the travel ban.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15F2MG

So 8% more approve of the ban then disapprove, and that was the most radical action Trump took. Trump hasn't lost a single person that voted for him and if you think you're going to defeat him with a few protesters guess again. Democrats won't get the minority turnout in midterms to handle this.
    I don't think Trump supporters want to play the "what's more popular" game right now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    When was the GOP not batshit crazy? ... I don't remember a time in my lifetime, where I did not feel like everything Republicans wanted to do, was wrong and immoral in every sense of the word. They are basically the party of Ruin. Everything they touch is destroyed, and causes misery and strife in America, and the world.
    A few decades ago both parties got along well enough to compromise on legislation and get things passed. Now they are both simultaneously embracing obstructionism and accusing the other side of partisan politics. While McConnell is probably the worst actor in recent history, Reid is/was a close second.

This is why political positions need to be randomized, with strict term limits. People who seek power like this shouldn't have it in the first place.

Deleted
    The people approve of Trump's "crazy actions". Take for instance the travel ban.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15F2MG

So 8% more approve of the ban then disapprove, and that was the most radical action Trump took. Trump hasn't lost a single person that voted for him and if you think you're going to defeat him with a few protesters guess again. Democrats won't get the minority turnout in midterms to handle this.
    Quite logical if you see the edge in republicans they've questioned.

Ask a 500-500 group of republicans and democrats, and the yes-ban wouldn't even reach status quo with the no-to-ban gorup

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Not really, only the not so bright Americans took things about Hillary far too serious.

An e-mail problem vs a complete and utter nuttjob with no moral guiding? Gee I wonder, what's worse.

Oh in before you say Pay to Play, just like any president has done and what Trump is doing now.

Pay to Play on embassy positions is fairly unimportant as you just have to represent your country and listen to what your team says.
    I'd wager Trump saying he would fight for his supporters while Hillary was telling her supporters to "manage the expectations" had more to do with it than just "a lot of dumb people". We have dumb people every year, I find it hard to believe we just suddenly got extra last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Filibustering is dirty politics?
    Yes obviously. I see it as a loop hole to delay legislation.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    What tangible value is there in being the bigger man? I don't care about ego, I care about the people whose lives are on the line. They matter more.
    Whose lives are "on the line" here, as far as I've seen nothing that the Trump administration has done where they signed an execution warrant for anyone?

But those people just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, work hard, and then they can afford insurance/care.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I don't think Trump supporters want to play the "what's more popular" game right now.
    Oh but we do.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-6179.html

His job approval is steadily increasing, despite having started as the most widely hated president in history.

The empty seat left behind by Scalia was for Obama to pick but the disgusting filthy pigs better known as the republican political party did everything in their power to essentially, in normal speak "cockblock" him. They would have tried it even if Hillary had won.

So yeah. I hope the democrats will play just like the gop now. Taking the high road isn't going to get them anything when their opponents are nothing but hypocrite scumbags = /
    People aren't swayed by a hypocritical argument, especially with politicians. We EXPECT politicians to lie their asses to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    People by in large were opposed to Obamacare, but they supported the Affordable Care Act. Call this what is it, a defacto "Muslim Ban", and lets run another poll.
    This poll is actually kind of interesting.

49% of people agree with the order
    31% of people say it makes them feel more safe

So why are 18% of people agreeing with the order if it doesn't make them feel more safe?

Secondly, why did 31% of people say it made them feel more safe? Is there any logical basis here? It's well known that no terrorists have come from any of the countries affected, while those countries where terrorists actually did come from are spared from the travel ban (probably because of Trump's financial holdings).

My conclusion is that at least 18% of the country are fucking morons, but the number is in reality probably close to 49%.

In some respects it already has.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...er-dem-boycott

It seems McConnell has had enough of Schumer's crap at dragging out things for the sake of appealing the crazies on the left, and before anyone thinks that Schumer bending over for the far left is a good thing I'd like to point out what the outcome of doing precisely this in Britain has been.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...n#Poll_results

As in the Torries are bound to decimate Labor, and yet Jeremy Corbyn, a so called moderate like Schumer bending over to left wing crazies is going to get his party destroyed.

Regardless of what you think of Trump there's a real damned risk this whole game is going to explode in the face of the Democrats. If you don't pass things you don't have any accomplishments and people will string you up for that.

I was really hoping that the Republicans wouldn't end up doing this. It's contrary to every damned thing a democracy should be: Actual debate and discussion not crazy obstructionism.
    are you forgetting the last 8 years?

Also, obstructing the insane right-wing bills that arer being presented, and secretaries/judges being nominated is the best resume a democrat can make for themselves, imo.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2017-02-02 at 12:05 AM.

*links polls showing a brand new president is already underwater*

MKKKKAAAAAY

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that the Dems can't do anything, really, to stop the GOP train. If the GOP really wants to pass something, barring a few items, it will get passed. Even the SCOTUS nomination can "go nuclear" and pass without a filibuster majority - the Dems got rid of part of the Filibuster for almost the very same reason two years ago.

With full governing authority, literally, the GOP is, as Paul Ryan said, "in a historical position to [fuck this country up six ways from Sunday]". (I'm paraphrasing)

snip.
    Gallup performs a daily tracking poll with 1500 people and is generally considered "The Approval Rating" poll, or it least it has been in living memory, with nearly every media outlet referencing it. The other polls are more traditional voting polls, done over a few days every few months.

Rasmussen does the same, but was generally around 5-10% lower than the rest of the country on Obama, so it's unsurprising they're still the outlier for Trump.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-02-02 at 12:08 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Republicans were obstructionist for the last eight years and it seemed to work fine for them....shrug.
    Quoted for the truth. It's basically politics 101 at this point when you don't win or get your way. We vote and pay these people to act like 3 year olds. The days of them actually governing is over. Welcome to New Age politics which mostly just looks like toddlers on the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This poll is actually kind of interesting.

49% of people agree with the order
    31% of people say it makes them feel more safe

So why are 18% of people agreeing with the order if it doesn't make them feel more safe?

Secondly, why did 31% of people say it made them feel more safe? Is there any logical basis here? It's well known that no terrorists have come from any of the countries affected, while those countries where terrorists actually did come from are spared from the travel ban (probably because of Trump's financial holdings).

My conclusion is that at least 18% of the country are fucking morons, but the number is in reality probably close to 49%.
    at least 49%

Don't assume the world saw Clinton as a better choice. A lot of people in the world looked at her in very negative light. They did the same with Trump.
    In general, The rest of the world did see Clinton as a better choice... just not necessarily a good choice.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Whose lives are "on the line" here
    Several US citizens have already died as the result of first round of executive orders.

I guess that doesn't matter to you?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

This seems to be a good place as any to ask those of you who are American about something concerning your current mess.
    At the moment you have Trump (and yes he is a dick and Hillary is a twat, I like neither) and he is creating a right old stink and lost of people are pissed, worried, scared and so on but lets just say he gets impeached (or dies, natural causes or via some muppet with a gun) you are now left with Mike Pence who will then become president.
    My question is are you guys not afraid of that actually happening?
    I mean the stuff I read about Mike Pence makes Donald look like a choir boy (okay well not really), this guys is a borderline religious fanatic, loathes LBGT hell he is the fucker that created that religious law in his state that allows shops and such to bar LBGT, he is so far up the Koch brothers pockets that he is convinced he can see god. He is extremly hardline against abortion. He has said publicly, “I long for the day that Roe v. Wade is sent to the ash heap of history.”
    Honestly the more I find about this guy the more I am starting to be convinced that Trump is the actual moderate of the 2.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Several US citizens have already died as the result of first round of executive orders.

I guess that doesn't matter to you?
    And how exactly did these people die due to these EO's, please do tell.