Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, in my instance, Draught generally does 8 mil in 3 seconds with Avatar et al. In those three seconds, I'd be hard pushed to do 3 executes that equal 8 mil due to A) not having enough haste for a 1s GCD, and B) not having high enough juggernaut stacks; execute would have to hit 2.6 mil three times in the same total 3s period.. which for me is not going to happen (with a caveat of current juggernaut stacks, of course).

Hope that helps.

PS. I don't have 4pc and so some of Draught falls outside enrage, so with the set bonus, I'd imagine that it'd overtake ignoring it even more so.
    Last edited by Phototropic; 2017-02-06 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zli View Post
    One fast question about execute rotation,for example if i manage to gather like 7,8,9 stacks of juggernaut and my cd-s are up,what rotation should i prio when i pop cds,i mean i also have draught trinket and i am not sure should i use Dos along with cd-s and then continue to exe am afraid jugg stacks will fall off.Can anyone explain pls what is the proper(most dps gain) way of doin it.Thanks in advance Archi
    exe>bc+bt>exe>dos>bt>exe. Now as to how many stacks you should have to have DoS worth using it instead of just spamming execute, will depend on the version/ilvl of the DoS you have compared to your gear. Could be anywhere between say 15 to 25stacks or so, after that your executes are going on the 3M or more area(if you are around 900ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Zli View Post
    One fast question about execute rotation,for example if i manage to gather like 7,8,9 stacks of juggernaut and my cd-s are up,what rotation should i prio when i pop cds,i mean i also have draught trinket and i am not sure should i use Dos along with cd-s and then continue to exe am afraid jugg stacks will fall off.Can anyone explain pls what is the proper(most dps gain) way of doin it.Thanks in advance Archi
    This question has been coming up a lot lately, so I may have to write it into the guide. Draught is always worth using during Execute. You'd need ~30-40 stacks of Juggernaut for Execute damage to match Draught, which isn't common. Draught is also rage neutral, so using it buys more Executes.

The ideal way to use Draught during Execute is:
    BC - Execute - Execute - BT - Draught - Execute
    • Preferably go into BC already Enraged, but there's no need to delay Battle Cry excessively to do so. This will cause Draught to fall out of Frothing, and possibly even part of Battle Cry, but it's far more rage efficient than overcapping for 3-5s.
    • Obviously if the fight is expected to end immediately after your Battle Cry, then ignore the rage benefits and simply use Draught first

Does anyone know if Draught of Souls ticks benefit from potion of old war? If not, seems like a pretty big waste if lined up with the trinket use. Might be better to use the 2nd pot on the alternate BC where trinket is down? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    This question has been coming up a lot lately, so I may have to write it into the guide. Draught is always worth using during Execute. You'd need ~30-40 stacks of Juggernaut for Execute damage to match Draught, which isn't common. Draught is also rage neutral, so using it buys more Executes.

The ideal way to use Draught during Execute is:
    BC - Execute - Execute - BT - Draught - Execute
    • Preferably go into BC already Enraged, but there's no need to delay Battle Cry excessively to do so. This will cause Draught to fall out of Frothing, and possibly even part of Battle Cry, but it's far more rage efficient than overcapping for 3-5s.
    • Obviously if the fight is expected to end immediately after your Battle Cry, then ignore the rage benefits and simply use Draught first
    Thanks for clarifying exe with draught rotation for me Archi.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Does anyone know if Draught of Souls ticks benefit from potion of old war? If not, seems like a pretty big waste if lined up with the trinket use. Might be better to use the 2nd pot on the alternate BC where trinket is down? Not sure.
    They don't "benefit" from it, nothing does; Old War deals it's own damage independent from the triggering attack. That said, Old War is RPPM and can trigger off just about any offensive action, including Draught ticks. And before anyone asks, no, Draught ticking quickly doesn't increase the overall amount of damage you get out of Old War, though you'll likely use them together anyway, since Old War is best used during damage increasing cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got the legendary cloak, not really sure which legendary to replace with it. Going by the chart it should go without saying that on all the ST and 2 target fights I should be going for replacing the belt. How often (if at all) should I be replacing Sephuz on low uptime/late add fights such as Star Augur and Tichondrius, though?

Edit: I'm an idiot and mixed up Prydaz with Sephuz on the chart. I guess my new question is, is there any fight where I should be using Sephuz over Naj'entus? It seems like it'd be pretty nice on at least Chromatic due to the proc I could get on the slow phase.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-02-07 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I guess my new question is, is there any fight where I should be using Sephuz over Naj'entus? It seems like it'd be pretty nice on at least Chromatic due to the proc I could get on the slow phase.
    Naj'entus is good when you've consistent use of Whirlwind, and it makes up a significant portion of your damage. Sephuz is better when the trigger for it are more intermittent, to better play around it's cooldown and burst capabilities. A rough outline would be:

Na'jentus - Skorpyon (stack strat), Tichondrius (stack strat), Botanist (pad strat).

Sephuz - ChronAnom, Trilliax (damage to sweepers is irrelevant, but they can be stunned), Spellblade, Elisande, Krosus(?), Gul'dan (? I don't believe his adds can be stunned, but there is an interruptible add in Heroic phase 2).

All three of the "Na'jentus" fights could lean toward Sephuz though, depending on how you approach them. If you're scumming adds on Skorp, the belt would be far better, but if you're doing the fight the way it's intended, Shockwave would line up quite nicely with the normal waves of adds, with similar results for Tichondrius and Botanist.

TLDR: If you're doing a strat in which Whirlwind makes up the majority of your damage, then Naj'entus is typically better. If not, use Sephuz.

Deleted
    Which 2 legendaries do you generally want to use in mythic+? I got the helm, ring, trinket and waist to choose from.
    Is it best to go for the trinket and waist for the boost in aoe and cleave damage?
    Or the ring and helm for extra rampage cleave? I'm aware it might be a different answer depending on what dungeon but what would be the overall dps increase with these options? (I usually try to change to the ring + helm before the bosses)

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmocb5373d3553; 2017-02-08 at 09:56 AM.

Two quick questions for clarification:

1. Should I use Odyn's fury during the battle cry window in execute phase? I have been going with BC > BT (if not enraged) > Execute > OF > Execute spam. Obviously if there are adds then OF makes sense to drop in this window, but for pure single target should I still use OF or try and fit an extra execute into the window?

2. When you hit 100 rage Rampage, should you ALWAYS hit Rampage immediately? Situation that causes me to pause and think is when your BT triggers enrage and also rage caps you. In this case, should you go BT (enrage) > RB > Rampage > RB or BT (enrage) > Rampage > RB?

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post

1. Should I use Odyn's fury during the battle cry window in execute phase? I have been going with BC > BT (if not enraged) > Execute > OF > Execute spam. Obviously if there are adds then OF makes sense to drop in this window, but for pure single target should I still use OF or try and fit an extra execute into the window?
    I don't think you should use OF in execute, unless you can clip at least 1 add. This also depends on Jug stack count. If it's pure single target my advise owuld be use OF when you would normaly use FS in exec phase - which means no rage for exec, BT+RB on cooldown.

2. When you hit 100 rage Rampage, should you ALWAYS hit Rampage immediately? Situation that causes me to pause and think is when your BT triggers enrage and also rage caps you. In this case, should you go BT (enrage) > RB > Rampage > RB or BT (enrage) > Rampage > RB?
    Use it immediately.

If I have KJ burning wish (940) and CoF (N) and DoS (N) which would you guys suggest using?

10+ Year Old Account

If you get enraged from BT and hit 100 rage, use RB and then Rampage, otherwise use Rampage right away.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-02-08 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

How good is urn together with DoS? I had a 890 urn drop, but not sure if it's worth it over ursoc 880 since mastery is not the main stat of fury.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-02-09 at 01:38 AM.

Draught will (should) benefit from mastery quite a lot due to using it in conjunction with BC/Rampage/BT (+ other CDs) and therefore whilst enraged. The real answer, however, is sim yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    If I have KJ burning wish (940) and CoF (N) and DoS (N) which would you guys suggest using?
    I happen to have the same combaination, but also Naj'entus Vertebrae. I sim alot higher using DOS+COF, with ayala/naj'entus equipped.

Sims pretty bad with KJ burning wish, it's also pretty low on the legendary list.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    How good is urn together with DoS? I had a 890 urn drop, but not sure if it's worth it over ursoc 880 since mastery is not the main stat of fury.
    Best way to decide anything regardless gear upgrades is to sim it .

On draught usage: with 4p bonus, why not battlecry-rampage-raging blow-draught- bloodthirst- raging blow, or swap the last bt and RB, so that you fit two raging blows into battlecry instead of just one? Enrage should carry through the full duration of draught. I haven't tested this myself as I haven't been lucky enough to get the trinket yet after killing him on normal and heroic every week since release (in fact it hasn't even dropped). Jw your thoughts on that

Quote Originally Posted by Mashingspoon View Post
    On draught usage: with 4p bonus, why not battlecry-rampage-raging blow-draught- bloodthirst- raging blow, or swap the last bt and RB, so that you fit two raging blows into battlecry instead of just one? Enrage should carry through the full duration of draught. I haven't tested this myself as I haven't been lucky enough to get the trinket yet after killing him on normal and heroic every week since release (in fact it hasn't even dropped). Jw your thoughts on that

I can confirm that Draught fits in that enrage window with this rotation with decent enough haste. I do feel like it should be:

battlecry->rampage->odyn's fury->draught->bloodthirst->raging blow

Doing it this way allows Odyn's fury to benefit from Frothing berserker and Battle cry for main hit and all the dot damage and we don't have to delay it like mentioned in the guide. This will ONLY work if you have 4p though.

if im at 100 rage and alrdy enraged should i use raging blow first to fit in more of them or rampage to prevent wasting the rage? ive got the 4 set if that changes anything