Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Evolution of the World Quest system in following expansions?

So I think it's safe to say that the World Quest system is the best daily quest system ever implemented in WoW and both Blizz as well as players are for the most part satisfied with the way the system works.

I'd be extremely surprised if they ditch this in the following expansion. I think they will most likely expand on it instead.

With that said, how do you think they will evolve it in the following expansions?

I personally would like to see it work more closely to how it does in GW2. Where there are areas (phased and non phased) that get attacked or requires you to do something to complete the quest. In GW2, you don't actually need to manually join a group, everyone within that area contributes to the quest. You can choose to solo it or work with other people. It feels much more fluid than how they work in WoW now. The GW2 quests aren't perfect though, for starters if they are completed they will go away for EVERYONE. So it's like a phased event and once the problem is solved (invaders are killed, dragon is slain, nuts are picked up and squirrels are shoo'd) the quest goes away for everyone and you'll have to wait until the event triggers again. This makes the world more realistic, but it also means you can miss a quest so they'll have to do away with the current Emissary requirements if they go this route.

Overall, I still think it's a better system than the WoW WQ, and would be a natural evolution to WQs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

whatever it is, it needs a much much larger pool of quests to choose from.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Although I do love the idea of WQ's....they are not enjoyable in Legion. A lot of the WQs are either repeats of quests you've already done in the zone, or just plain terrible.
    I do want the WQ system to carry forward from now on, but Blizzard has got to make WQs more unique and fun, because right now they are anything but that.

I agree with following the GW2 event model, I love events in GW2 and think It would be perfect for WQs. But I don't know if the way GW2 does them(once its completed, it's gone for everyone until it respawns) would work in WoW.

I don't enjoy them for the most part. They just seems like less rewarding dailies.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be cool if they would introduce world quest and emissary on different continents on timewalking weeks.

And in the future they could spread WQ more evenly on the continent. Some quest pop up very rarely, but other too often - like nuts quest. Also I like warden towers, I can slowly level honor, but they could add different quick pve wq for honor, because many people do that type most often.

Overall, I don't see any major flaws on this system. Every criticism I saw about it is very vague. This is superior to daily system in every way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the system that i can pick to ones with rewards i need atm AP/OR/Gold/item.
    I don't really care if i kill murlocs or elves ... or whatever. I do get annoyed by those flight quests of the Kirin Tor.
    (not those in the ball those are very easy)

And indeed making the system azoroth big would be cool, and lvl scaling in every zone!!

I quite like the idea, In star trek online they've started doing recruitment weeks to get new blood in, but theres server wide things, that everyone contributes to and it unlocks a bonus the following week, extra items or exp boosts etc. Its really great. So something like that would be ideal

The system is nice. Like it was said above the quests can be tedious, but I think people forget how doing the exact same dailies everyday actually felt. This is by far an improvident.

I would love to see this systems next version. I like having the daily goal, but (usually) a few different options to reach it.

As for improvements? More quests, really. They tried something new with The Korin Tor (with mixed results), but it would be cool to see new factions with new styles of quests to mix things up.

The suggestion above about time walking is an interesting idea. To bring back some of the old quest lines or areas in a new format, with at level rewards, could be really neat. I travel the broken isles frequently, but have very little need to leave them these days. There is so much content out there that they wouldn't have to repeat this often.

I also wouldn't mind a mix of the world quests and scenarios. I know scenarios weren't around long, but having a 3 person WQ that actually involves stages could be an option as well.

Difficulty is my other main issue. The current WQs are way below any sort of challenge for a lot of people at this point, and that adds to the tediousness of them. Blizzard has done a lot of work with making mobs similar level to the player - it would be nice to see them go a bit further and make certain quests variable in difficulty appropriate for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I like the system that i can pick to ones with rewards i need atm AP/OR/Gold/item.
    I don't really care if i kill murlocs or elves ... or whatever. I do get annoyed by those flight quests of the Kirin Tor.
    (not those in the ball those are very easy)

And indeed making the system azoroth big would be cool, and lvl scaling in every zone!!
    Fuck me those platform ones, Its been a long time since I've cursed out loud playing a game, but that really, really irritates me, its bugged to shit

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So I think it's safe to say that the World Quest system is the best daily quest system ever implemented in WoW and both Blizz as well as players are for the most part satisfied with the way the system works.

I'd be extremely surprised if they ditch this in the following expansion. I think they will most likely expand on it instead.

With that said, how do you think they will evolve it in the following expansions?

I personally would like to see it work more closely to how it does in GW2. Where there are areas (phased and non phased) that get attacked or requires you to do something to complete the quest. In GW2, you don't actually need to manually join a group, everyone within that area contributes to the quest. You can choose to solo it or work with other people. It feels much more fluid than how they work in WoW now. The GW2 quests aren't perfect though, for starters if they are completed they will go away for EVERYONE. So it's like a phased event and once the problem is solved (invaders are killed, dragon is slain, nuts are picked up and squirrels are shoo'd) the quest goes away for everyone and you'll have to wait until the event triggers again. This makes the world more realistic, but it also means you can miss a quest so they'll have to do away with the current Emissary requirements if they go this route.

Overall, I still think it's a better system than the WoW WQ, and would be a natural evolution to WQs.
    That is essentially legion invasions.

I would like to see dynamic grouping though, that was an awesome feature from GWII.

The GWII quests have mini campaigns dont they? like you get 1 quest to intercept a warband, and if you dont do it in time, they attack a keep, so you get a quest to defend the keep, and if you fail that, you have to take back the keep, etc etc. That would work awesome in wow, pretty sure the reverse was true too, if you completed a quest you would get a follow up quest to nail the enemy in another area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I don't enjoy them for the most part. They just seems like less rewarding dailies.
    How so? I remember in MoP the main reason people even did dailies (which was capped at like 10 dailies a day or something) was for the Rep in order to unlock stuff. The reward for doing the actual daily itself was literally like 18g at max level.

At least now we get other stuff from them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like how they expanded the tech into things like the Stranglethorn fishing, and Micro holidays (AQ event had them).

I'd love to see them expanded further, along with bonus objectives in older zones (% based for doing various things, not the kill 10/14/3/1 mob things from Draenor)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fuck me those platform ones, Its been a long time since I've cursed out loud playing a game, but that really, really irritates me, its bugged to shit
    The only platform one I even bother with is the one by BRH which I can literally one shot because it's so easy. The other ones I don't bother. Rather do Ley Race, Barrell guess, or the ground simon says.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    The GWII quests have mini campaigns dont they? like you get 1 quest to intercept a warband, and if you dont do it in time, they attack a keep, so you get a quest to defend the keep, and if you fail that, you have to take back the keep, etc etc. That would work awesome in wow, pretty sure the reverse was true too, if you completed a quest you would get a follow up quest to nail the enemy in another area.
    Yep, it's pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I would love to see that on WoW. I love to see a entire server fighting for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I would love to see that on WoW. I love to see a entire server fighting for something.
    Heck yeah! like, an actual legion invasion with raid bosses you cant prepare for where if you wipe, it takes over a hub. Legion invasions were massive progress in that direction, i hope to see it expanded

Really like the WQ system. I am someone that refused to keep up with dailies, I absolutely hated them before but this system feels very nice to me.

I'd personally love to see:

* Actual world quest - all over Azeroth
    * A system where you don't have to be max level to participate in WQ (I think GW2 is like this?)
    * They told us we wouldn't really be doing the same things over and over again but I find that false - I did the same quest 3 days in a row? So I'd like a lot more variety.
    * I'd rather unique WQ that mostly aren't tied to quest you've completed.
    * More types of rewards added - flask, potions, transmog, pets, etc.
    * Perhaps even rare WQ that add CS points to your account to spend on blizzard services, now that you can have a balance.
    * I'd like them to fix WQ that should be fast and easy but end up a race-to-tag-the-mob-fest instead where you spend 99% of the time standing around looking for a mob to tag with your quickest ranged ability before someone else does. Faction tagging is nice, but it's still an issue with CRZ enabled especially.

"Phased questing" - is next step. Blizzard already shared quest items between players - next step will be to share mobs too. I mean, completely share, cuz shared tags aren't enough. Current design is way too PVPish and Wow is PVE game. PVE means cooperating against NPCs and competition for mobs with other players - is pseudo-PVP crap. My biggest hope - is that some day immersion will be returned into questing. I mean, current quests are way too arcade - "who kills mobs faster" game. Imagining, that everything you do, is real - is very important thing in RPG game. And this arcade crap doesn't really help to make game more RPGish. Bad things - Blizzard usually fix things, when it's too late.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's coming next patch, when a Legion invasion starts all the WQ's in an Area turn to invasions quests and they take over a bunch of the towns and such and you have to defeat them and its a multipart quest that ends in a 3 man scenario where you teleport aboard their Capital ship and kill a boss and bring it down. Then the Area is saved and reverts back.

Make emissaries repeatable like Diablo 3 and it'd be a much better system. That being said, I agree that WQ is the best system they've come up with to date, but it definitely can be improved on. So I hope it is developed on into the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    The core system is extremely solid and just needs some minor improvements. In general, it just needs to be expanded in order to provide a wider variety of experiences in a greater number of zones. I'd love to see the system expanded to all the Classic zones, with level scaling. They could roll out more quests in more zones over time, so that within a couple years there would be thousands of possible WQs in the pool and very little repetition. More types of rewards would be nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    When did dailies ever award anything other than 250 rep and 20g? World quests are way more rewarding.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-02-14 at 05:34 AM.