Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So wait...he did discuss the unannounced sanctions, but because he didn't make any promises and consequently that makes his discussion of that topic not illegal? I'm horribly confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So wait...he did discuss the unannounced sanctions, but because he didn't make any promises and consequently that makes his discussion of that topic not illegal? I'm horribly confused.
    I don't know, it just seems that politicians are horribly good at doing ethically incriminating things and getting away with it. Doesn't matter if it's hillary or trump or whomever, it's sad.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Wrong thread. This is about aides talking to Russian Intelligence, not Flynn talking to the Russian Government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Wrong thread. This is about aides talking to Russian Intelligence, not Flynn talking to the Russian Government.
    It's not the same thing?
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

It's not the same thing?
    Nope. /10ch

10+ Year Old Account
    A current U.S. intelligence official tells NPR's Mary Louise Kelly that there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the transcripts of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, although the official noted that doesn't rule out the possibility of illegal actions.
    ------------------
    Perhaps he'll show this report to the FBI when they question him.

So, assuming this is correct, Trump fired his top advisor for nothing? That's rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A current U.S. intelligence official tells NPR's Mary Louise Kelly that there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the transcripts of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, although the official noted that doesn't rule out the possibility of illegal actions.
    ------------------

So, assuming this is correct, Trump fired his top advisor for nothing? That's rich.
    Didn't he just resign? As far as I know, he wasn't throw out. He made the choice to get out. But don't quote me on that, I have no evidence with me right now. I'm just going at it from what I remember.
    Google Diversity Memo

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't he just resign? As far as I know, he wasn't throw out. He made the choice to get out. But don't quote me on that, I have no evidence with me right now. I'm just going at it from what I remember.
    Meh. Depends on who you ask. (These are both Fox for giggles.)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-resigns.html

or

http://myfox8.com/2017/02/14/trump-a...loss-of-trust/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Meh. Depends on who you ask.
    Spicer said Trump asked for Flynn's resignation. He said so yesterday. In politics, being asked for your resignation, is being fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Trump in a month managed to get into the biggest presidential scandal in the 241 years of the US existence. Bravo! Had Nixon been still alive, he would be smiling like a child now. "Finally, someone topped me!"

You guys gave your country away in the hands of foreign dictators freely and got an incompetent retarded leader in exchange. Reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You must be one of those alternative facts folks. No such thing has occurred, just a bunch of petulant children throwing a tantrum. Give it a few more months and it will quiet down. Pelosi and Schumer can only embarrass themselves so many times before the ratings go too low for outlets to give them screen time.

But keep living in an alternate reality.
    I don't need an alternate reality, this one is amusing enough.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You must be one of those alternative facts folks. No such thing has occurred, just a bunch of petulant children throwing a tantrum. Give it a few more months and it will quiet down. Pelosi and Schumer can only embarrass themselves so many times before the ratings go too low for outlets to give them screen time.

But keep living in an alternate reality.
    Wait, are you Trumpers trying to say the left is the alternate fact people? Really?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    Spicer said Trump asked for Flynn's resignation. He said so yesterday. In politics, being asked for your resignation, is being fired.
    Yeah I know, and then today Trump is calling Flynn "a wonderful man" who was "treated very very unfairly by the media". Not the kind of thing you say about someone you lost trust in and had to fire.

I don't know anymore. Up is down. Left is right. "Alternative facts" and all that. Honestly, I need Excedrin to come in IV form so I can just have a slow drip all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    ------------------

Iirc, there's a distinction between *Criminal* and *Illegal*

I know it sounds stupid but I've seen people nitpick the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    American people have always been very big on criticizing the government; every governmental action was studied under a microscope by millions, trying to find anything that would hint at the government not serving its people duly.

It is very strange to see it flipped upside down, with hordes of people defending the administration that, probably, has already gotten into more scandals than all the previous administrations combined. What in the world happened to critical thinking and skepticism?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What in the world happened to critical thinking and skepticism?
    A decent amount of people no longer gave a fuck as long as there side won.

What they fail to realize is no matter who's side "Won" both sides will lose.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A decent amount of people no longer gave a fuck as long as there side won.

What they fail to realize is no matter who's side "Won" both sides will lose.
    I mean, even if I was a big Trump supporter, at this point I would say, "Okay, that's it. The guy should step down". I would definitely demand that Hillary stepped down in such a situation. Constant correspondence with Russian Intelligence is the threshold at which all allegiances should become secondary to defending the country from usurpation.

This tribal thinking isn't going to serve the country well long-term...

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I mean, even if I was a big Trump supporter, at this point I would say, "Okay, that's it. The guy should step down". I would definitely demand that Hillary stepped down in such a situation. Constant correspondence with Russian Intelligence is the threshold at which all allegiances should become secondary to defending the country from usurpation.

This tribal thinking isn't going to serve the country well long-term...
    See you are one of the ones who are intelligent and not trying to have a pissing contest. Sadly people like that are in the minority.

Its a fucken shame really, anyone ok with this is not as "American" as they claim to be. Its like watching reddit on live tv/internet.

Its no longer I hope nothing happens, Its what will happen next.

Trump just mite be correct, I bet he could just walk out, Shoot someone in the face and no shits would be given.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Trump is reportedly planning on having a hedge fund manager review US intel services.

Mr. Feinberg’s only experience with national security matters is his firm’s stakes in a private security company and two gun makers.
    If he's planning on going after the intell community he's going to have to bring more than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See you are one of the ones who are intelligent and not trying to have a pissing contest. Sadly people like that are in the minority.

Its a fucken shame really, anyone ok with this is not as "American" as they claim to be. Its like watching reddit on live tv/internet.

Its no longer I hope nothing happens, Its what will happen next.

Trump just mite be correct, I bet he could just walk out, Shoot someone in the face and no shits would be given.
    Yes, the problem is not only that his supporters no longer care about his wrongdoings, but his party also keeps letting them slip. Most Republicans seem happy with having the president aligned with them, no matter what he and his administration does - and, since they are in the majority in the government, that essentially makes Trump immune from any legal persecution.

This is a weird system, in which all governmental branches are supposed to be independent from each other, but in reality end up being controlled by the two major parties, and if one party happens to control all of them, then the system becomes essentially authoritarian.