Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Not saying that I agree with his word choice, but showing that a county of 10+ million people (Las Angeles county) can out produce small farm towns doesn't really counter the claim that the city is run down. That's a lot of people.
    Of course it counters the claim. If he thinks the places in the US with all the people aren't producing all the wealth he's even more over his head.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched President Trump’s press conference with the alleged “meltdown,” and all I saw was Trump talking the way he normally talks.
    Damning praise.

There are two clues that the Huffington Post is hallucinating and I’m not. The first clue is that they have a trigger and I don’t. Reality violated their egos, whereas I was predicting a Trump win all along. My world has been consistent with my ego. No trigger. All I have is a warm feeling of rightness.
    Scott Adams is such a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Have you considered journalism's inherent lean to the left being more a function of being more educated, perhaps?
    Educated right wing conservatives tend to gravitate towards jobs that offer the greater wealth. Where as educated left wing progressives move towards jobs that allow them to exercise their moral superiority, and to parade their own self righteousness and piety to the great unwashed. What better way to facilitate your own aggrandisement than becoming a journalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Of course it counters the claim. If he thinks the places in the US with all the people aren't producing all the wealth he's even more over his head.

- - - Updated - - -

Damning praise.

Scott Adams is such a cunt.

To be fair, he did talk normally... for Trump's standards
    Those who still support him after all this are just blind to how insane he is, they are too far gone.

Makes me wonder what his confidence rating is now in my country, it was already at 6% back in mid 2016, but I hope he does more crazy shit, just so Wilders will drop even more in the polls.

Saying all 77 minutes of the press conference was a meltdown is probably biased, but there were definitely moments that involved meltdowns. Like when the reporter asked what Trump would do about increasing anti-semitism or when the reporter asked if Trump would work with the Congressional Black Caucus for addressing problems in the inner cities.

Meltdowns certainly happened. The whole thing wasn't a meltdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Educated right wing conservatives tend to gravitate towards jobs that offer the greater wealth. Where as educated left wing progressives move towards jobs that allow them to exercise their moral superiority, and to parade their own self righteousness and piety to the great unwashed. What better way to facilitate your own aggrandisement than becoming a journalist.
    Is that why the tech companies in California are largely opposed to Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit, right wingers have absolutely no difficulty finding employment in areas where they can be superior assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    To be fair, he did talk normally... for Trump's standards
    Those who still support him after all this are just blind to how insane he is, they are too far gone.

Makes me wonder what his confidence rating is now in my country, it was already at 6% back in mid 2016, but I hope he does more crazy shit, just so Wilders will drop even more in the polls.
    If we held his speech to human standards then it would most likely come across as complete gibberish.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Its fascist dictator talk. Period.

Mao, Stalin, Hitler, the worst of the worst scum of history, all declared x,y,z groups as enemies of the people.

Now we have Trump doing exactly the same. Its not a coincidence. Thank God for the system of checks and balances, even then it might not be enough.
    Tbf, as we can see from all the false news websites cropping up and History, if something's repeated over and over long enough, more people start believing it.

It's a very slippery slope when you have sentiments like "don't trust mainstream media" flourishing.

In case anyone missed it, the argument being presented here is that because his preferred candidate won and HuffPo's did not he's more qualified to evaluate Trump's speeches. Authority by popularity.

The second clue is that the Huffington Post is seeing something that half the country doesn’t see. As a general rule, the person who sees the elephant in the room is the one hallucinating, not the one who can’t see the elephant. The Huffington Post is literally seeing something that is invisible to me and other observers. We see a President Trump talking the way he normally talks. They see a 77-minute meltdown.
    "They see an elephant in the room and we say 'hey that elephant is always here'"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Is that why the tech companies in California are largely opposed to Trump?
    Meaningless, there were plenty of conservatives opposed to Trump. And most people in California would identify as progressive, and some would own tech companies. There is such a thing as rich left wing progressives, they are more commonly known as hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meaningless, there were plenty of conservatives opposed to Trump. And most people in California would identify as progressive, and some would own tech companies. There is such a thing as rich left wing progressives, they are more commonly known as hypocrites.
    What about being a rich progressive is hypocritical exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not really. The media has been lying a lot so people don't trust it. It used to be called cause and effect back in my day.
    Trump has no moral platform to stand upon to claim other people are lying.

How many millions of illegal immigrants supposedly voted for hillary clinton again?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account

Making money s not a conservative liberal thing. There are a lot of rich left wingers, just like there are a lot of poor right wingers. Are they hypocrites too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How many millions of illegal immigrants supposedly voted for hillary clinton again?
    About 3-5 million, mostly in California.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    See, bold statements usually require things called facts, which prove they have a thing called truth.

If a statement does not have truth, it is a lie.

That statement has no truth.

That statement is, therefore, a lie. Donald Trump lied.

So, as I stated, it's very hollow for a man who does little more than lie to call others out for lying. Especially when he claims that they're lying about him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account

The fact that you believe that is incredibly sad and makes anything you say questionable. Can I make some statements with no proof to back it up too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What about being a rich progressive is hypocritical exactly?
    All left wingers are communists and rich people can't be communists..

....Probably.

Horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Those are conclusions you are making. None of those were actually expressed by the media. This you, not them.
    Yeaah... I have only seen reports on Pewdiepie's problems, not him being reported as a nazi by any media worth following.

10+ Year Old Account
    >Proud member of the Alt-wrong
    I'm assuming you mean the alt-right? Becease I could see why you would believe that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Considering how much Trump blatantly lies to the American people wouldn't that make him an enemy of the people by the same standards he's using?
    Yes, definately.
    However I hope we don't share his standards.