Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    When in Rome...
    There are a LOT of things they do I would not want to do while over there.

Glad to see a female standing their ground on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So are we including Christianity? I mean name me a single mainstream religious culture that treats women equally.
    Any religion or culture that treats humans unequally. Yes including many christian countries (like in Africa for example)
    If you go to some such country and they ask something of you that treats you like a lesser human, in my opinion that's something that you should not follow

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so if they come to the west they should adapt to western culture and if westerners visit their country they shouldn´t adapt to their culture.

I don´t, what? So anyone who is endorsing this shouldn´t be defending anyones culture at any time from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post

Well, good. You shouldn't be. None of us should be.

But, that doesn't mean we should dismiss terrorism and the epidemic of homegrown extremism in Europe as a minor inconvenience. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed properly and promptly.
    Right, maybe i misconvey what i was trying to say.

Of course terrorism is criminal, and we should not tuen a blind eye to it, and to ISIS growth for that matter.
    But i refuse to think this should be a major, if not the major, point of a presidential campaign.
    I don't want France policies be dictated by fear of the next terrorist attack.

My house might get burglarized one day, i might even be killed who knows, but i refuse to lock myself in an ultra secured fortress because what has a tiny tiny chance to happen. That's what i try to say, terrorism is real, but hardly the main hardship the french people face on everyday basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e28_...855&comments=1

Look at this beautiful diversity and their respect for France!
    ok?? .....

So are we including Christianity? I mean name me a single mainstream religious culture that treats women equally.
    When it follows the same logic, yes include Christianity, Now stop discussing religion, after all your argument has been "culture" all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Christanity. Unlike Islam, Christanity is not 100% about lawful dogma like the Hadiths of Islam. We have Women Bishops and Women pastors by the droves. We don't however, have women Imams.

I mean there is literally a law in the Hadiths that say if a Woman lead the prayers, Men would not count as praying. Nothing like that exists in Christianity. Considering Saints were often female as they were male, that's also proof Women were able to worship and be revered.
    So what you're saying is Christianity is less sexist than Islam. OK. Still sexist.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait, so if they come to the west they should adapt to western culture and if westerners visit their country they shouldn´t adapt to their culture.

I don´t, what? So anyone who is endorsing this shouldn´t be defending anyones culture at any time from now on.
    Depends if the culture is rooted in racism or sexism. Respecting culture is one thing, respecting it based on sexism is another.

If anything, this is hypocritical of Le Pen. She constantly argues that Muslim migrants in France need to adapt to French culture, or go home. Yet when she's asked to adapt to a particular culture when visiting a foreign nation, she balks.
    La Pen is a French migrant now? I mean we can say hypocrisy all we want, but the idea of migrants or immigration in general tends to be long term settlement, not a short visit. Which calling for assimilation in such a case is pretty common.

When the Mongolians ended up ruling China, their customs ended up becoming the common and customs for China, assimilating the people.

When the Romans subjugated anything, they assimilated the people.

When the Abbasid's ruled over the Middle East, they assimilated the people to their culture and religion as well.

Assimilation whenever it's a matter of being ruled or subject of a 'state' entity is really nothing new, and every empire in history has done so.

To visit however? That's an entirely different idea. La Pen isn't converting to Islam, nor moving to any state (at least that we know of), why would she follow the ideals of a religion she's not following?

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone stopped diplomatic relations due to cultural differences we'd get nowhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Just because it's culture doesn't make it any less sexist. Would they ask a man to wear one? I am betting no, therefore, sexist.
    Cultures are sexist, more news at 11.

Glad you´re still in the business of missing the point.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    America's President has balls, too. According to the media it isn't a good thing.

Deleted
    So what you're saying is Christianity is less sexist than Islam. OK. Still sexist.
    Depends on what you imply Sexist to mean. There was no absolute equality in the christian church, but Nuns and such could hold very blatant powers above many Males of the clergy.

A woman was treated "Differently" in Christanity, not "Worse"

- - - Updated - - -

Why should we respect them then?

Edited: Actually this was a misquote, disregard.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-02-23 at 02:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends if the culture is rooted in racism or sexism. Respecting culture is one thing, respecting it based on sexism is another.
    Oh, right, it´s about sexism and racism, i forgot.

Show me a culture that isn´t rooted in racism or sexism. I´ll wait.

culture *can be sexist, good job missing the point, of course I don't expect a guy with a blackface avatar to understand.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzard View Post
    Just a reminder to those who don't believe she'll win because of the polls...

Trump wasn't expected to even nearly be halfway according to most of the polls....
    Trump was the republican candidate. We all know how american presidential election works. It's always either a republican or a democrat who win.

Le Pen is neither left or right party, she has her own far right party. It's not a mainstream, moderate party, it's a fringe party. IIRC, french president have always been either right or left, not extremist party.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Why should we respect them then?
    Because you can´t ask for your culture to be respected while at same time disrepect others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it's culture doesn't make it any less sexist. Would they ask a man to wear one? I am betting no, therefore, sexist.

Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Marine LePen!!!!!!! 2017 is looking to even outdo 2016, will the left ever get tired of losing???
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.