Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    It makes a change quite drastically, It draws a line in the sand to show we respect ourselves over them.
    Okay, and that amounts to what exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Hey good for her.

Can you imagine if she asked them to take their headscarves off if they went to France? They'd lose their fucking minds.
    The full face hijab is banned in schools and public buildings in France.
    Eat yo vegetables

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Tell that to the families and friends of all those who have been murdered in France lately.

The French prime minister said a similar thing a while ago, France must “learn to live with terrorism”.

I hope that Neville Chamberlain-esque sentiment is the rope that the political mainstream in France hangs itself with.
    I stand with what i say.

I understand that for the family and friend of those afflicted by terrorist attacks, it's a tragedy, a life shattering nightmare. And i am not insensitive to their pain, my heart goes to them.

But at the scale of a nation, i maintain this is nothing but a scratch. You won't make a country like France, Germany, UK or the USA crumble and fall by killing a few hundred people a year.

Statistically speaking, i have more chance to get hit by lightning that to die of a terrorist attack (in western countries). I am not paralized by fear, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    She constantly argues that Muslim migrants in France need to adapt to French culture, or go home. Yet when she's asked to adapt to a particular culture when visiting a foreign nation, she balks.
    If a culture does not treat women equally, don't adapt to it. Some cultures are better than others (in this case in equal rights matters)

Deleted
    I think its rude to visit a country and refuse to respect their customs, even if you find it disgusting. She should have not visited the country, i'd have more respect for her that refused to visit a country that like that.

Deleted
    Again, refusing to look at the context. What is it with you?

Here's the actual context:No one is "forcing" her to wear anything. She was asked. She declined. It's not "just because she's a woman". The context involves thousands of years of religious tradition and culture.

If anything, this is hypocritical of Le Pen. She constantly argues that Muslim migrants in France need to adapt to French culture, or go home. Yet when she's asked to adapt to a particular culture when visiting a foreign nation, she balks.
    And yet we constantly get told Black pete is racist. So which is it, are we allowed dated culture ideas that are counterproductive even if so slightly to egalitarianism, or do we ban them all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You should take a second look at the breexit polls.
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/eu...-now-june-poll

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Appeals to emotion aren't much of an argument.
    I'm not trying to argue. Not there specifically anyway. Just highlighting what a horribly cold statement that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I stand with what i say.

I understand that for the family and friend of those afflicted by terrorist attacks, it's a tragedy, a life shattering nightmare. And i am not insensitive to their pain, my heart goes to them.

But at the scale of a nation, i maintain this is nothing but a scratch. You won't make a country like France, Germany, UK or the USA crumble and fall by killing a few hundred people a year.

Statistically speaking, i have more chance to get hit by lightning that to die of a terrorist attack (in western countries). I am not paralized by fear, far from it.
    Well, good. You shouldn't be. None of us should be.

But, that doesn't mean we should dismiss terrorism and the epidemic of homegrown extremism in Europe as a minor inconvenience. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed properly and promptly.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2017-02-22 at 02:23 PM.

Just a reminder to those who don't believe she'll win because of the polls...

Trump wasn't expected to even nearly be halfway according to most of the polls....

As for the fact that she isn't going to wear a hijab... Well good? She's not practicing Islam? Last I checked, none of the Middle East states classified themselves as Theocratic States, so I'm not too sure why someone visiting should be practicing a religion's beliefs when they're not one themselves....

Kinda seems like the idea of a Saudi Prince needing to go to a Catholic church if visiting Ireland... They're not practicing that religion and though it may be predominant in the region, they shouldn't be forced to abide to the religion's norms.
    Last edited by Zizzard; 2017-02-22 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    If a culture does not treat women equally, don't adapt to it. Some cultures are better than others (in this case in equal rights matters)
    So are we including Christianity? I mean name me a single mainstream religious culture that treats women equally.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd call it more having a lack of respect. I'm sure he'd have to observe certain French customs and whatnot if he were to visit her.

Then again, she's apparently the kind of "leader" idiot people want these days so... have at it.
    Because the "immigrants" in France are known to be perfectly respectful of their new temporary home. When in Rome, indeed.
    Working on my next ban.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    [url]
    I'm not trying to argue. Not there specifically anyway. Just highlighting what a horribly cold statement that was.
    sometimes, you have to be cold to be objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    The full face hijab is banned in schools and public buildings in France.
    Exactly my point.

If a French leader asked the Lebanese President to follow that law can you imagine how angry he'd be? My guess is it wouldn't be as tactful as her exit was.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinraye View Post
    I find it funny that people complain when foreigners dress and behave differently, arguing that they should adapt and respect the customs of the country they are in. But when the reverse is true then its suddenly oppression that you have to wear or behave a certain way when visiting another country. You really can't win against these sad people because they will complain about everything. Is it really that hard/offensive for you to respect the customs and traditions of the country you are visiting...

TLDR: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
    They dont need to respect customs and adapt when they are just visiting for a few days. You need to adat and respect customs if youre going to immigrate to a country. 2 different things

I hope she wins !

Good on her for that, but I'm not familiar with her otherwise. What will she do that will make France great again?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yes, what this world needs is more Hitlers running around, herding their flock of assholes and idiots.
    BAM!!!

Godwin's Law on the first page!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I think its rude to visit a country and refuse to respect their customs, even if you find it disgusting. She should have not visited the country, i'd have more respect for her that refused to visit a country that like that.
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e28_...855&comments=1

Look at this beautiful diversity and their respect for France!
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    So are we including Christianity? I mean name me a single mainstream religious culture that treats women equally.
    Christanity. Unlike Islam, Christanity is not 100% about lawful dogma like the Hadiths of Islam. We have Women Bishops and Women pastors by the droves. We don't however, have women Imams.

I mean there is literally a law in the Hadiths that say if a Woman lead the prayers, Men would not count as praying. Nothing like that exists in Christianity. Considering Saints were often female as they were male, that's also proof Women were able to worship and be revered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    .. you don't have to wear headscarfs but a toga?
    Actually you have to wear a headscarf if you go to Rome to meet the pope (at least as a woman)

oh and because only Michelle gets boring

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Christanity. Unlike Islam, Christanity is not 100% about lawful dogma like the Hadiths of Islam. We have Women Bishops and Women pastors by the droves. We don't however, have women Imams.

I mean there is literally a law in the Hadiths that say if a Woman lead the prayers, Men would not count as praying. Nothing like that exists in Christianity. Considering Saints were often female as they were male, that's also proof Women were able to worship and be revered.
    I think catholics are still the biggest christian groups and they also don't have any female priests or bishops and a lot of dogmatic rules.

Again, refusing to look at the context. What is it with you?

Here's the actual context:No one is "forcing" her to wear anything. She was asked. She declined. It's not "just because she's a woman". The context involves thousands of years of religious tradition and culture.

If anything, this is hypocritical of Le Pen. She constantly argues that Muslim migrants in France need to adapt to French culture, or go home. Yet when she's asked to adapt to a particular culture when visiting a foreign nation, she balks.
    Just because it's culture doesn't make it any less sexist. Would they ask a man to wear one? I am betting no, therefore, sexist.