Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I don't need list all of them as they are many obvious offenders.

Death from Above is an example.

High rated arena players can deal with Death From Above fine, but in a lower PVP settings there is no counterplay against Death From Above. Blizzard pruned caster mobility and most melee too.

It is like saying there is a lot of counterplay for casters against Sub Rogues. That is laughably wrong and I don't need to list the reason why if you have ever PVPed. '

Cancerous design of Legion Sub Rogues, Demon Hunters, auto bubble, etc permeates and oozes throughout the PVP and PVE side of WoW like a cancer. Blizzard has tied their hitch to the RNG creates parity GODS and the playerbase is punished for this by taking away player skill, agency, level of control and ways to grow as a player.

You can play a Demon Hunter in PVE and PVP but you will not grow as a player and it will leave an empty void and feeling inside of you of dissatisfaction once the dust settles. Same with Legion Sub in PVP which feels like you are passing some gas.
    Death from above is usually used defensively and they are vulnerable to ranged attacks still.
    Sub is really bad damage wise. Are you just basing this off of world PvP? Sub is pretty crazy out in the world, but instanced PvP is whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Death from above is usually used defensively and they are vulnerable to ranged attacks still.
    Sub is really bad damage wise. Are you just basing this off of world PvP? Sub is pretty crazy out in the world, but instanced PvP is whole different story.
    Its pretty damn good damage too (if you get crits you do 450k damage every gcd with nemesis active), but it is really easy to outplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    DIfference is, that feral has to use his GCDs to stun you, DH doesn't. He stuns you by going to meta, which takes no GCD. DHs burst require no setup, you just roll your face over the keyboard and that's it (just like ret paladins used to be, just like DKs used to be before they got fixed).
    People say, "well, just CC meta'd DH and run away" how in the world you are supposed to CC someone for 30 seconds and get away from someone with 4 gap closers on low CD and ranged interrupt? It's not the case of "oh, you can't beat them 1v1", no, it's the case of DH being protected by his team while he is able to unload everything without any way to stop it, because there is no CC in a world to complete stop this train of pain.
    Just as a reminder, DH is able to solo burst someone down in instance combat in couple of seconds. Add here 2 more players - you have a disaster.
    Meta takes a GCD + it actually has a travel time so you can evade it, so i dont really see your point in that regard. Meta isnt that scary as such, its meta + chaos blades that is the absurd burst, and that only lasts 12 seconds. And everyone plays 15 second meta.

Take a rogue, stun the DH - blind the trinket, sap it again. Or if he holds his trinket on the stun, put a bleed on him and then vanish and run away so that the bleed stops seing him in stealth. For a feral, stun the DH, maim the trinket, root him and be prepared to root again, or just run away with dash, DHs have 2 slows on a CD, he cant catch up. A warrior can disarm, then fear, then stun. A Dh can go up into the air and totally evade the damage. And so on, pretty much every class can evade (like iceblock or evasion), cc or get away during meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Its pretty damn good damage too (if you get crits you do 450k damage every gcd with nemesis active), but it is really easy to outplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Meta takes a GCD + it actually has a travel time so you can evade it, so i dont really see your point in that regard. Meta isnt that scary as such, its meta + chaos blades that is the absurd burst, and that only lasts 12 seconds. And everyone plays 15 second meta.

Take a rogue, stun the DH - blind the trinket, sap it again. Or if he holds his trinket on the stun, put a bleed on him and then vanish and run away so that the bleed stops seing him in stealth. For a feral, stun the DH, maim the trinket, root him and be prepared to root again, or just run away with dash, DHs have 2 slows on a CD, he cant catch up. A warrior can disarm, then fear, then stun. A Dh can go up into the air and totally evade the damage. And so on, pretty much every class can evade (like iceblock or evasion), cc or get away during meta.
    Cool, man. Now what is a shadow priest supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Cool, man. Now what is a shadow priest supposed to do?
    Fear the DH, stun the trinket, MC out? And if he comes back after the MC ends and you get kicked on the recast you still have dispersion that heals you back up, especially if you take the talent that makes it resist even more. And, while it does require someone else to be close and isnt useable in a 1v1 you do have voidshift if you spec into it.

Not that you are going to win in the end, but spriests have been shit at dueling since forever (woltk or cata). But the point is that even the spriest can CC the DH during meta.

Deleted
    Fear the DH, stun the trinket, MC out? And if he comes back after the MC ends and you get kicked on the recast you still have dispersion that heals you back up, especially if you take the talent that makes it resist even more. And, while it does require someone else to be close and isnt useable in a 1v1 you do have voidshift if you spec into it.

Not that you are going to win in the end, but spriests have been shit at dueling since forever (woltk or cata). But the point is that even the spriest can CC the DH during meta.
    I can choose between stun and fear, I do not have both so if he trinkets one of them I am doomed. The amount of gap closers DH has is ridiculous, especially given I only have a 3 sec 40% movement speed increase every 6 seconds which with the slow accounts for nothing at all. So the DH can just force his PvE rotation on me.

Funny how ranged cannot interrupt melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I can choose between stun and fear, I do not have both so if he trinkets one of them I am doomed. The amount of gap closers DH has is ridiculous, especially given I only have a 3 sec 40% movement speed increase every 6 seconds which with the slow accounts for nothing at all. So the DH can just force his PvE rotation on me.

Funny how ranged cannot interrupt melee attacks.
    Then fear/stun, cast MC, get kicked, disperse, cast MC again? And shadow priests also get fucked by every other class basicely. Its probably the worst 1v1 spec since woltk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Death from Above was used defensively when it was abused to break free from stuns. Now it is used offensively against melee that do not have ranged attacks.

Legion Sub is a brain dead spec like Demon Hunters in that a castershealers can NEVER peel either one even with arena partners or BG teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    30 sec meta ONLY used in Wpvp by pve heros, or in casual/low rated pvp by new ppl, NO experience DH is using 30 sec Meta in rated PvP, its only 15 sec. I play multiple Ret and DH alt (2.2k-2.3k cr last season in 2s , 2550 in 3s) and trust me, ccing DH's meta that lasts 15 sec in 2s especially is VERY easy, in 3s it maybe be a bit more tricky but good players should be able to shut down at least 10 sec of that meta.

So you are complaining about DH's meta stun (which has 2 min cd?, really?)

Only in Wpvp DH is able to burst down some1 in seconds, since in rated pvp you can not. And if you think DHs are OP in Wpvp, you didnt face good rets/fury wars/rogues/WW/geared mages they all just as good in Wpvp as DH. On my ret i NEVER lost to a Dh 1v1 in rated or wpvp, even 2.2k+ CR DH teams, sometimes i am left 1v1 with a DH, and its an easy kill for Ret. I can also assure you, a good WW who can kite around pillar, should have no issue killing DH either.

So basically THE only ppl who have issues with DH are dragon slayers in Wpvp and nubs in casual pvp, but guess what pvp is balanced around 3s mainly, then RBGs. Game NEVER was or never will be balanced around 1v1, so there is little reason to complain that X class kills Y class in 1v1.

- - - Updated - - -

100% this, if any1 actually bothered to take a look at top 100 3s ladder, they would see that its not overpopulated by "OP" DHs, but actually its the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

lol? are you serious? My ret can simply outheal Death from above, since Dh can not kick while in the air, Rogue can CLOS, War can spell reflect, DK can DG, any dps caster with half brain will simply burst down DH who is in the air, since he can not pop D-cds or kick or LOS inc burst. Healer simply can LOS death from above.
    Death from above is a rogue talent right? Rain from above is the DH one. Which one are we talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    Death from above is a rogue talent right? Rain from above is the DH one. Which one are we talking about.
    You are right, I ment rain from above, miss type )

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    I was just wondering why there has been so much rage about Demon Hunters in pvp as of late. I'm referring to post nerfs of course because I do agree that they were over tuned. That being said, the standard pvp guage of where a class is as far as pvp viability is 3s arena. Currently (as of yesterday) only 3.2% of players above 2200 rating are demon hunters which is the 2nd lowest of any class. This information was found on arenamate.net which takes a pull of the pvp rankings every week.

On top of this, for overall game population DH is the highest represented class at 110 right now coming in at 12.2% in the US and 12.7% in EU according to realmpop.com. To go from the highest played class in the game to the 2nd lowest represented class in arena is a large drop. To emphasize this, rogues are the 2nd lowest played class in the game at 6.1% of the total population, but have a 10% representation in the 3v3 bracket above 2200.

I'm in no way asking for DH to get a buff right now, but in light of this information, why is there so much anger directed at the DH class currently? I see a lot of rage posts on the DH class forum on the official Blizzard site and have had several people go out of their way to flame me personally. I understand that DH has high burst, but well coordinated CC from comps such as RMX is very difficult to deal with because once our CD's are burnt we do lackluster damage and our CC kit is not very robust. The 1 min AoE stun is nice, however, it costs a significant amount of fury which reduces our ability to do damage and capitalize off of it. Yes we can talent into making that stun free, but we lose our snare which is infinitely more valuable for trying to keep up with healers such as monk and druid. We also have a sap that breaks on damage, or we can talent to make it 1 second longer and essentially become cyclone, but doing so doubles the CD to 30 seconds.

Once again, not looking for buffs here, just want to know what I'm missing that others seem to be so upset about.
    I quit playing DH/rerolled, because they just aren't viable in competitive (3s) pvp right now, they have ''unrivaled mobility'' yet get shut down incredibly hard by snares/roots/hard cc's, with nothing to escape and 2 high resource/cd aoe cc's that DR eachother. Anyone who considers DH to be overpowered is clearly a player who is in the bottom-mid of the overal pvp population when it comes to skill/rating.

DH is a lot of fun to play for a short while, in random bg's it's incredibly easy to go on a rampage and this is really all the class has to offer. Outside of that window of usefulness against unskilled players/casuals, it's just a poor mans melee that is heavily reliant on cooldowns to be even remotely useful.

When players rage about DH's, simply ignore them. Players rage about every class/spec combo in the game when they get facerolled by one, and at the same time spam all forums with QQ that <insert random class/spec> needs to be buffed because they suck at playing it.

People are idiots, wow caters to these idiots, 1% of the entire population actually knows how the game works and is trying/hoping that Blizzard will just fucking remove meta so they can make DH's useful in competitive.

EDIT: Today I killed 7 DH's in open world pvp, I was simply doing quests when they jumped on me to get an easy kill (I'm playing a windwalker monk with 820 GS/1,5m HP) all these havoc DH's were atleast 860-880GS (I base this off of seeing 3m+ health bars). And I beat all of them with atleast 50% health remaining. PLEASE BUFF DH's!
    Last edited by Ravec; 2017-03-04 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravec View Post
    I quit playing DH/rerolled, because they just aren't viable in competitive (3s) pvp right now, they have ''unrivaled mobility'' yet get shut down incredibly hard by snares/roots/hard cc's, with nothing to escape and 2 high resource/cd aoe cc's that DR eachother. Anyone who considers DH to be overpowered is clearly a player who is in the bottom-mid of the overal pvp population when it comes to skill/rating.

DH is a lot of fun to play for a short while, in random bg's it's incredibly easy to go on a rampage and this is really all the class has to offer. Outside of that window of usefulness against unskilled players/casuals, it's just a poor mans melee that is heavily reliant on cooldowns to be even remotely useful.

When players rage about DH's, simply ignore them. Players rage about every class/spec combo in the game when they get facerolled by one, and at the same time spam all forums with QQ that <insert random class/spec> needs to be buffed because they suck at playing it.

People are idiots, wow caters to these idiots, 1% of the entire population actually knows how the game works and is trying/hoping that Blizzard will just fucking remove meta so they can make DH's useful in competitive.

EDIT: Today I killed 7 DH's in open world pvp, I was simply doing quests when they jumped on me to get an easy kill (I'm playing a windwalker monk with 820 GS/1,5m HP) all these havoc DH's were atleast 860-880GS (I base this off of seeing 3m+ health bars). And I beat all of them with atleast 50% health remaining. PLEASE BUFF DH's!
    WW main here, if you got 1.5m hp thats like 2-3 hits. How the hell did you survive? Even karma wont help you.

- - - Updated - - -

DH deserves a damage nerf, and their defs was already buffed and with that mobility they have to be shut down somehow. Every spec has strengths but also needs a weakness. You actually think it would be wise to give DH's a rootbreaker on 20-30 sec cd? lol. I've done plenty of arenas up to 2500 rating this season and DH damage is absolutely nuts //ex DH here so I understand the class a lot after 3 months of pvping on it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I liked DH and I was dying many times. the once who were OP with the new class were blood DK's back then. I don't see that DH's have such thing.

World pvp is unbalanced!
    * gasp *

Deleted
    Outside of Meta, DHs have 0 self healing. Unless you talented Demonic Appetite. They do A LOT of damage yet they can't sustain it

Then fear/stun, cast MC, get kicked, disperse, cast MC again? And shadow priests also get fucked by every other class basicely. Its probably the worst 1v1 spec since woltk.
    fyi can't disperse when shadow locked

The amount of... let's call it misinformation, in this thread is baffling.

Deleted
    World pvp - they can almost 1shot a raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    You raiding HFC still?

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    2 shot in tank spec.

Meta lasts too long, does too much damage, and heals too much.